Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Pssst.... (Eager anticipation) When's it shipping?  (Read 43882 times)

chipperMDW

• Duke
  • Respect: +813
    • View Profile
Re: Pssst.... (Eager anticipation) When's it shipping?
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2018, 09:54:14 am »
+2

I solve all this using the house rule 'don't look at the back of the top card of your deck'. Takes some practice but it works. Alternatively I could devise some sort of object that obscures your deck.

Setup: Each player puts their Uncertainty Token on their deck.

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2018, 10:39:48 am »
+1

I solve all this using the house rule 'don't look at the back of the top card of your deck'. Takes some practice but it works. Alternatively I could devise some sort of object that obscures your deck.

Setup: Each player puts their Uncertainty Token on their deck.

Actually, you gave me an idea, thanks.
I could use Stash, the blank cards, or the randomizers for this, in a fashion similar to Knights/Ruins. Always keep that card on top after shuffling and between reveals/draws. Then, when you look at your deck, you don't get information (even accidentally). So when you play, say, a Doctor, instead of looking at your deck and noticing a back with lots of wear (which usually is a Copper), you'll see a blank card or such.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2018, 12:34:31 pm »

Doesn't have to be something supplied with the game. Drinks coasters, standard playing cards, empty card sleeves...

But I've just had an even simpler idea that might help a lot: play with your deck reversed. i.e. the "top" of your deck is the bottom, and the "bottom" is the top. That means you can see the back of the last card in your deck, not the one you're about to draw, which isn't perfect but is a big improvement.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2018, 01:48:49 pm »

I played an irl Renaissance game yesterday. Honestly, the lighter card fronts weren't that noticeable, and I didn't notice a difference with the card backs, but I wasn't paying attention.

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2018, 04:46:30 pm »
+5

I can always tell which cards are from the new expansion. They're the ones in the untarnished sleeves.

But, honestly, I think there are more important things to worry about, like talking to the people you're playing with and having a good time.

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2018, 05:51:13 am »

Doesn't have to be something supplied with the game. Drinks coasters, standard playing cards, empty card sleeves...

But I've just had an even simpler idea that might help a lot: play with your deck reversed. i.e. the "top" of your deck is the bottom, and the "bottom" is the top. That means you can see the back of the last card in your deck, not the one you're about to draw, which isn't perfect but is a big improvement.

True. I just tried sleeved blank cards for this and it works well enough, so I'm going with that (plus they fit nicely, and are noticably (noticeably?) different from the other non-sleeved cards).

I can always tell which cards are from the new expansion. They're the ones in the untarnished sleeves.

But, honestly, I think there are more important things to worry about, like talking to the people you're playing with and having a good time.

Our boardgaming group doesn't small-talk during games. Only before and after. No drinks, no food, full attention to the game being played, everything said is about the game itself. That's how we all enjoy playing the most. Come to think of it, it's very similar to the people I do LAN parties with, even though it's completely different people. But everyone should play as they like, I won't tell you to do the same.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2018, 11:54:42 am »
+6

Got my copy of Renaissance, all scans are up on the wiki.  I got a copy of Seaside 2E at the same time, and the Treasury glitch is fixed!  The dividing line is back!  Will probably scan those next week, currently travelling.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

SuperHans

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: SuperHans
  • Respect: +233
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2018, 01:12:53 pm »
+1

I received my copy of Renaissance as well as the dividers from Spielgeek. Everything is now organized. With the growing number of player components (Mats, Tokens, and now Cubes), does anyone have a recommendation on how to store these components? I used to have them sorted by component rather than color, but found that to be too time consuming with the number of components. Currently, I have them in individual bags sorted by color, but I'm thinking it might be easier to store them in their own plastic containers by color because, with plastic bags, you almost have to dump everything out each time to get the components. All about efficiency.

As for the quality of the components, the lighter colors on the back of the cards do not bother me. It made zero impact on the games we played. I never look closely at the back of the card before I draw (unless playing with Stash, of course), so it has made no difference. I can certainly see how you could potentially exploit it if you wanted to, but, you know, just don't?

And finally, as for the cards themselves, this could be my favorite expansion. Villagers are a great addition (and a lot more useful than I originally expected) and projects breathe new life into the game. So far, I have found all of the cards to be good additions to the game. Capitalism, especially, has already enabled some of the most fun games that I have played. It's wonky in a really good way.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2018, 01:33:24 pm »

Got my copy of Renaissance, all scans are up on the wiki.  I got a copy of Seaside 2E at the same time, and the Treasury glitch is fixed!  The dividing line is back!  Will probably scan those next week, currently travelling.

Does this mean that Seaside 2E has newer and older printings that are different?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2018, 07:22:18 pm »
+4

Does this mean that Seaside 2E has newer and older printings that are different?
I think so. I think in general the policy would be, why not fix this when we can. Surely there won't be enraged fans with their no-dividing-lines Treasuries to prevent us from fixing it.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2018, 11:34:22 am »
+5

I think so. I think in general the policy would be, why not fix this when we can. Surely there won't be enraged fans with their no-dividing-lines Treasuries to prevent us from fixing it.

Donald, I am enraged and personally offended that the no-dividing-line Treasury is no longer available. This is a huge blow to us fans and represents a steep decline in my respect for Rio Grande Games. I could stomach the needlessly sexy Vampire card art and was able to turn a blind eye to your immature "your mom" jokes. But this is the final straw, and I'm sure that the loss of a valued customer such as myself will mean the imminent downfall of RGG. Please return Dominion to the simpler times when everybody was happy and we didn't have unnecessary and inconsistent dividing lines ruining our fun.

Best regards, a concerned customer.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2018, 03:52:10 pm »
+5

Donald, I am enraged and personally offended that the no-dividing-line Treasury is no longer available. This is a huge blow to us fans and represents a steep decline in my respect for Rio Grande Games. I could stomach the needlessly sexy Vampire card art and was able to turn a blind eye to your immature "your mom" jokes. But this is the final straw, and I'm sure that the loss of a valued customer such as myself will mean the imminent downfall of RGG. Please return Dominion to the simpler times when everybody was happy and we didn't have unnecessary and inconsistent dividing lines ruining our fun.

Best regards, a concerned customer.

Who would have thought a dividing line could be so........................... divisive.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Oyvind

• Golem
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2018, 06:51:27 am »

I don't want to sound rude or anything, but may I prod this thread back to it's actual topic?

For several weeks, I couldn't order this set from Norway. The distributor for every Norwegian FLGS and every Norwegian DGS, Enigma (based in Denmark), has pushed the dispatch date back several times, and now it doesn't look like it's going to be available in Norway until some time in January, 2019.

Amazon.com wasn't willing to send to Europe (even though their product page said that it shipped to Norway, they still wouldn't ship it when I entered my address later on in the shopping process), and neither Amazon.co.uk nor Amazon.de had it available for quite some time.

An external seller sold it briefly on both European Amazons, but they wouldn't send to Norway either (only within the UK, as far as I could understand). I've checked the two European Amazons at least daily since it became available (for Americans) at Amazon.com, but I had no luck getting it to Norway.

Today I decided to check out Amazon.com again, and lo and behold, they will now ship to Norway! So, for all of you Europeans still waiting for a chance to get their hands on Dominion Renaissance, you will now probably be able to!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 06:52:45 am by Oyvind »

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 12, 2018, 05:17:44 pm »
+1

FYI, Sumpfork tabs are up for those that use them. I hadn't checked in awhile so I don't know how long they've been up.
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 12, 2018, 06:01:24 pm »

I managed to nab a copy on Saturday. My FLGS in the UK had only been given two copies by EsdeviumAsmodee UK despite requesting more; they'd already sold one and I took the second.

It sounds like supplies are very limited for some reason! /-8

Oyvind

• Golem
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2018, 07:42:15 pm »

I managed to nab a copy on Saturday. My FLGS in the UK had only been given two copies by EsdeviumAsmodee UK despite requesting more; they'd already sold one and I took the second.

It sounds like supplies are very limited for some reason! /-8

Yeah, too bad for people who aren’t as lucky as we are...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 22 queries.