Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Season 30 - Newsletter: Bigger than the Championship  (Read 2058 times)

samath

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: SamE
  • Respect: +678
    • View Profile
Season 30 - Newsletter: Bigger than the Championship
« on: October 14, 2018, 10:46:45 pm »
+12

Hello everyone!

I hope you enjoyed the long break from the Dominion League over the last month. As you probably already know, we took five weeks off in order to give everyone a chance to compete in the 2018 Dominion Online Championship which is now down to round of 16. Good luck to those still alive!

We're obviously friendly with the championship; half of their moderators are current League moderators as well. But I can't resist a little gentle ribbing: At this moment, the start of season 30, we have 256 players, which is 2 more than the championship was able to gather: 254. So I think we can all agree that the Dominion League is the biggest active Dominion tournament in existence. Tell your friends!

Speaking of moderators, we're happy to welcome back Burning Skull, who took Season 29 off of moderating and playing. We didn't lose anyone from last season, so we're back to the same eight moderators as in Season 28: Anders, Burning Skull, Gazbag, gloures, myself, Seprix, tracer, and volfied. assemble_me and drsteelhammer are still hanging around and hope to come back some day.

Many of you are probably wondering about the release of Renaissance which will happen some time mid-season. You are welcome to play with Renaissance if you both agree to, but the default for Season 30 is to play without it. Assuming it's released roughly on time, it will become default to play with Renaissance in Season 31.

Also, keep an eye on daylight savings. The majority of the League is switching mid-season, the Europeans first on October 29th, and then the North Americans on November 5th.

Otherwise, we're continuing pretty steadily. We're continuing the check-ins from last season; especially with the long break before the season, be sure to let us know you're still interested in playing! markus has also already generated some forecasts for the season; check those out and see if you can do better than he predicts!

Best of luck to everyone!

SamE
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 07:29:49 pm by samath »

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
Re: Season 30 - Bigger than the Championship
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 06:28:13 am »
+13

Really happy to see the league do so well.

I think it's the best (most fun, most fair) format for the players. The big knockout is more fun for the spectators. It's great that they can coexist.
Join the Dominion League!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.