Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dutch Nocturne is here.  (Read 1898 times)

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Dutch Nocturne is here.
« on: October 10, 2018, 06:28:23 am »
+1

See https://www.999games.nl/dominion-nocturne-kaartspel.html

If anyone will get it please post here. I already have it in English, but there is a bit of work to be done on the wiki now that it's here, and I don't want to spend 40 euros on something I already have to do that.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch Nocturne is here.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 08:03:09 am »

I'm probably not going to buy it myself - I just don't like it enough, honestly, and I prefer to wait for Renaissance which seems a LOT better at first glance - but a friend of mine is probably going to buy it.

Is there anything specific you have in mind for the Wiki? Just Dutch card names or something else?
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 11:20:24 am »

I'm probably not going to buy it myself - I just don't like it enough, honestly, and I prefer to wait for Renaissance which seems a LOT better at first glance - but a friend of mine is probably going to buy it.

Is there anything specific you have in mind for the Wiki? Just Dutch card names or something else?

At the bottom of each wiki page there is a table called 'other language versions'. For each Nocturne card, a new row with the Dutch name has to be added.

If neither of you is comfortable with the wiki code or has time to edit the wiki I would also appreciate just a list of all the card names so I can add them myself. A picture of the strip that goes between the cards would also suffice.

Secondly, when there's a new expansion I always compare every Dutch card to every original English card to check if there are any translation errors. If there are any, I make a scan of them and modify this page: http://wiki.dominionstrategy.com/index.php/Translation_errors_on_the_Dutch_cards_-_Vertaalfouten_op_de_Nederlandse_kaarten . I then send a mail to the customer service of 999 games to inform them of said errors.

I think the least amount of work for you would be to just take pictures or make scans of the rulebook, as the rulebook contains pictures of the cards as well, which are the same pictures they use for the cards. Although the resolution has to be good enough to be able to read the text on the pictures of the cards in the rulebooks.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 05:48:13 pm »

I'll see what I can do. Will probably meet up with the aforementioned friend next Wednesday, and then I can ask him whether he plans on buying Dutch Nocturne. If so, we'll move from there.

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 07:47:03 am »

I'll see what I can do. Will probably meet up with the aforementioned friend next Wednesday, and then I can ask him whether he plans on buying Dutch Nocturne. If so, we'll move from there.

Any update on this? So far I've tried different boards but no luck yet.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 11:19:51 am »

Sadly, no update on this. We've kinda been preoccupied with Great Western Trail, board game-wise.

Honestly I'm not going to buy Nocturne just so the Wiki can be updated, so as long as my friend doesn't buy it there's not a whole lot I can provide...

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 02:00:23 pm »

Sadly, no update on this. We've kinda been preoccupied with Great Western Trail, board game-wise.

Honestly I'm not going to buy Nocturne just so the Wiki can be updated, so as long as my friend doesn't buy it there's not a whole lot I can provide...

Agreed. I got the English version already - 40 euros to update the wiki is too much.

I've contacted the publisher but they don't want to provide a rulebook file because they 'don't want people to buy foreign language versions'. I've cast a couple of lines on other boards but nothing yet.

Next week it's in stock at my local boardgame store so I'm gonna ask them if they can help as well.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.