Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Landmark + Artifact-Victory?  (Read 1358 times)

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
  • Respect: +190
    • View Profile
Landmark + Artifact-Victory?
« on: October 08, 2018, 10:31:05 am »
+3

So, I was thinking about different things to do with Landmarks, Events, and other such landscape-oriented cards. I thought, could you use an Artifact with something other than a regular card? For those of you who don't know what Artifacts are, here's the Renaissance preview for them: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=19024.0
Here's the first thing I came up with.

There's two weird things here: First of all, Pyramid lets you take the Artifact (Scepter) instead of taking Victory tokens. Scepter is an Artifact-Victory card-shaped thing, does that work? It lets you fiddle with the top of your deck, and is worth 2 VP.

Here's the next thing I thought of:

An Event that uses an Heirloom.

I just want to note that this isn't so much about these actual cards, as much as the concepts of combining different mechanics. Any thoughts?

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile
Re: Landmark + Artifact-Victory?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 10:58:21 am »

This all looks totally fine, after all you can combine different mechanics any way you like.
Pyramid can get away with the usual 6 VPs per player on it, otherwise taking Scepter becomes even more automatic than it already is.
Scepter looks a bit strong though but it might change ownership often enough to not be played much.
Trinket changes the opening quite a bit.
The Buy restriction on Barter doesn't hurt much as it does something similar as Trinket, provide an extra Buy. This is why I'd do the Event without the Heirloom (not that there is anything in principle wrong with connecting Events and Heirloom).

Umadin

• Steward
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 12:19:25 am »

Honestly I kind of like the idea if artifacts tied to events/landmarks while I still think heirlooms tie nicer to flavor the kingdom cards.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 12:56:29 am »
+1

Hey, here yet another way to fix transmute, just make potion an heirloom that starts in your deck when it's in the kingdom. May not work well with any other potion card in the kingdom.

Anyway, an heirloom-as-currency seems like nice obvious design space for fan cards. Maybe a couple cards that use the same heirloom with "You may only buy(/gain?) this if you have an Xheirloom in play."
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.