Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: card ranking lists  (Read 6809 times)

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
Re: card ranking lists
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 11:06:59 am »
+1

Embargo is better than Transmute. You heard it here.

Definitely; there's tons of times you want a one shot Silver, and don't care that it's terminal. The cursing thing I can take or leave - honestly I usually just Embargo Embargo (or Curse) so I don't have to think about it.

Transmute is a pretty special breed of awful. It's really contrived finding a situation where it is decent. It's really rarely okay with Bonfire and limited other trashing options available. And I guess in some games with other Potion cards it's a Duchy gainer late.

I've had some really sloggy games where it was fine, but mostly because you were picking up a potion anyway for Familiar or Vineyard and there was no better terminal.

The most novel use of it I've seen was to increase Scrying Pool draw consistency in a deck with no other trashing. I think it was a Stef game.

But yeah, it takes quite the contrived scenario.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2018, 11:14:47 pm »

i'm with u.  How is this even close to that low. It thins ur dek, turns estates into useful cards.

It doesn't thin your deck, it replaces stop cards with other stop cards, and it is itself a stop card that requires you to get another stop card (Potion) before you can even get it. Turning Estates into Gold is not as great as it sounds when you can only start doing that on your third shuffle after adding in two glorified Curses to your deck.

I actually meant to respond to transmogrify.  Didn't see someone the transmute part.  yeah transmute is awful.  And belongs at the bottom of any list.

I still don't get how the Adam H list has Transmogrify as the worst card in the game.  It must be some kind of inside joke.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:19:50 pm by Honkeyfresh »
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1492
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2018, 11:20:14 pm »

i'm with u.  How is this even close to that low. It thins ur dek, turns estates into useful cards.

It doesn't thin your deck, it replaces stop cards with other stop cards, and it is itself a stop card that requires you to get another stop card (Potion) before you can even get it. Turning Estates into Gold is not as great as it sounds when you can only start doing that on your third shuffle after adding in two glorified Curses to your deck.

I actually meant to respond to transmogrify.  Didn't see someone the transmute part.  yeah transmute is awful.  And belongs at the bottom of any list.

But Transmogrify doesn't thin your deck either... unless you have Sewers!

Simon Jester

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: hockeyzemlan
  • changed life, changed everything
  • Respect: +187
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 05:51:32 am »
+2

I still don't get how the Adam H list has Transmogrify as the worst card in the game.  It must be some kind of inside joke.

They don't. They have Transmute at the bottom. Transmogrify is at 191.
S

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 01:57:22 pm »

But Transmogrify doesn't thin your deck either... unless you have Sewers!

In can be seen as thinning your deck more than Transmute, because no matter which type of card you trash for Transmute, you get a stop card back  (Not counting Curses or Hovels). With Transmogrify, you often can gain a cantrip or other drawing card.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.