Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M119: Towny Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 142199 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M119: Towny Mafia (D4!)
« Reply #1100 on: November 27, 2018, 09:26:46 am »

So I’m worried that today is by far the least scummy day efhw has had all game and the general consensus is that she is going to be lynched despite me pushing hard for her lynch all game and being absent so far today.

Swan I want you to as quickly as you can out together a case on efhw.

Right? Most of her earlier scumminess had to do with moving her vote around near deadlines, but today has been different. Swan's post makes it sound like we don't have much choice....which seems pretty scummy, too.

EFHW, who do you think should be the target today?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 27, 2018, 10:31:41 am »

So I’m worried that today is by far the least scummy day efhw has had all game and the general consensus is that she is going to be lynched despite me pushing hard for her lynch all game and being absent so far today.

Right? Most of her earlier scumminess had to do with moving her vote around near deadlines, but today has been different. Swan's post makes it sound like we don't have much choice....which seems pretty scummy, too.

I'm really not sure. I want to look at DatSwan again. I also want to review my bussing theory again. Though, without support, even if I'm right that won't go far.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 27, 2018, 10:31:58 am »

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 27, 2018, 02:56:50 pm »

I don’t think I want to lynch EFHW today. The fang flip should be relatively illuminating in that regard and the special game mechanic messes with the typical workflow of flipping for information in the following day. I’d like to review swan and Dylan with preference for swan. I mean, sure, Awaclus, but don’t expect reading that to be very enlightening.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 27, 2018, 04:50:32 pm »

While lynching Awaclus wouldn't give much info on any potential partners if fang is town, this also might be the best chance to lynch him if we are ever going to.  Ending up at LYLO with a player with as little to go on as he has given us this game essentially turns the end of the game into a coin toss, and as we get closer to that, each lynch will have more pressure to actually hit scum.  Lynching him today would give us the info from Fang's flip without blindly putting EFHW on the block. And if Fang flips scum, Awaclus flips town, we likely win by putting EFHW on the block tomorrow and gg. If fang flips town, we still have time to look at other options and can probably remove EFHW from the next day's pool.  We would probably be able to do better scumhunting at that point than we seem to be right now since we won't be dependent on Awaclus's flip for much info since either way it's basically going to be looking for hypercube partners or general scumminess since Awaclus has so few interactions with anyone.  That's the upside of why lynching Awaclus today could be good strategically if noone else actually looks really scummy.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 27, 2018, 05:51:25 pm »

I don’t think I want to lynch EFHW today. The fang flip should be relatively illuminating in that regard and the special game mechanic messes with the typical workflow of flipping for information in the following day. I’d like to review swan and Dylan with preference for swan. I mean, sure, Awaclus, but don’t expect reading that to be very enlightening.
But if fang flips scum then that gives us 100% read on whoever we guillotine. So it'd be good to guillotine the person we think most likely to be scum.
In general this is true, but it seems even more important when we might be able to IC people for a day
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 27, 2018, 06:31:10 pm »

But if fang flips scum then that gives us 100% read on whoever we guillotine. So it'd be good to guillotine the person we think most likely to be scum.
In general this is true, but it seems even more important when we might be able to IC people for a day

That's a good point, forgot about the lynch being IC'd if fang is scum. So it should probably be someone that we think is somewhat likely to be scum that also would be useful to have as an IC, which as of right now would not be Awaclus...
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 27, 2018, 06:32:11 pm »

That's a good point, forgot about the lynch being IC'd if fang is scum. So it should probably be someone that we think is somewhat likely to be scum that also would be useful to have as an IC, which as of right now would not be Awaclus...

Bolded is true if they aren't scum themselves obviously.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 27, 2018, 09:01:18 pm »

Oh, I hadn’t quite understood that before, but I do now! The folks I have the most question about who would be really powerful ICs are EFHW and Mcmc.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 27, 2018, 10:51:27 pm »

Oh, I hadn’t quite understood that before, but I do now! The folks I have the most question about who would be really powerful ICs are EFHW and Mcmc.

Town slip ^. No way scum (even new scum) doesn't understand the point at which his team would lose by now and the implications for town being on the block with only one scum left.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: November 27, 2018, 10:52:49 pm »

Difference between the two of us being I knew that earlier and forgot about it in my thinking today, WCD just didn't understand it.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: November 28, 2018, 12:35:58 am »

lol I want you to quickly as you can go back and read any of the ones I have posted this game :P
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: November 28, 2018, 12:45:38 am »

@DatSwan: How come you were so careful to say I wasn't necessarily scummy for my bussing theory but then jumped eagerly on my wagon when pps voted?

I said "I don't think this post has to be skummy" followed by "I still think EFHW is skummy".
I do not understand your confusion here.

PPS was the one that stated they thought your research could be skummy based on the content. While I disagree with your reasoning in the post, the work put into struck me as towny.

Pretty much it is all summarized in the very first line of the post where I stated:

"Alright, so this is not to say I think this post is skummy... I mean I still think EFHW is skummy, but this seems like solid work. I do however, have a few "differences in opinion" regarding some of the interactions"

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: November 28, 2018, 12:50:01 am »

I did no such thing. I ended the list with a group of potential other choices. I, personally, like EFHW the best. If someone else likes an alternative option - I am all ears. But you know, someone has to like... make a case on someone.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: November 28, 2018, 12:51:00 am »

Town slip ^. No way scum (even new scum) doesn't understand the point at which his team would lose by now and the implications for town being on the block with only one scum left.

This whole interaction when I posted this a page back is strange.

- If Fang flips Skum, and EFHW is on the block then we gain all the info for read backs based on knowing EFHW's alignment. Which, is obviously very valuable this game.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: November 28, 2018, 01:01:57 am »

also my initial response to this was hasty (sorry) - are your serious like you want an updated case.. or have you just not had time to read back and check for my case?
real good. That’s how

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: M119: Towny Mafia (D2!)
« Reply #1116 on: November 28, 2018, 04:14:40 am »

Vote count 4.3

EFHW (1): DatSwan
WestCoastDidds (1): infangthief
Not voting (7): Dylan32, Joseph2302, Awaclus, WestCoastDidds, EFHW, mcmcsalot, pingpongsam

infangthief is on the guillotine.
With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 4 ends Thursday, 29th of November, at 12pm
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: November 28, 2018, 05:14:56 am »

@DatSwan: How come you were so careful to say I wasn't necessarily scummy for my bussing theory but then jumped eagerly on my wagon when pps voted?

I said "I don't think this post has to be skummy" followed by "I still think EFHW is skummy".

PPS was the one that stated they thought your research could be skummy based on the content. While I disagree with your reasoning in the post, the work put into struck me as towny.

Pretty much it is all summarized in the very first line of the post where I stated:

"Alright, so this is not to say I think this post is skummy... I mean I still think EFHW is skummy, but this seems like solid work. I do however, have a few "differences in opinion" regarding some of the interactions"

You're right. But you did seem very careful to specify that the post wasn't scummy, just not persuasive to you. Why emphasize the distinction when the post's towniness didn't moderate your views at all? It feels like a conscious attempt to seem even-handed.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: November 28, 2018, 07:58:17 am »

This whole interaction when I posted this a page back is strange.

- If Fang flips Skum, and EFHW is on the block then we gain all the info for read backs based on knowing EFHW's alignment. Which, is obviously very valuable this game.

Oh, people have been explaining it from the beginning set up discussions, so don't think it's too strange that I was only partially understanding when you made the point, too. (I had to google "IC" so there's that! Ha!)The light bulb about what it meant for us didn't go on until yesterday. I was thinking more about the delayed flip than the fact that we'd still be playing would be a flip in and of itself.

I reread Mcmc last night. I'll post the summary when I'm at my computer, but basically he finds various people towny and votes for EFHW D1-3. He asks questions, but doesn't push anyone but EFHW. He doesn't seem partnered with anyone (town points) but he also hasn't engaged in any thinking or discussion that has led to any of our lynches (scum points). If I put EFHW in a town camp, it looks bad for him. If she's scum, he's known it from the start.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: November 28, 2018, 03:12:31 pm »

You're right. But you did seem very careful to specify that the post wasn't scummy, just not persuasive to you. Why emphasize the distinction when the post's towniness didn't moderate your views at all? It feels like a conscious attempt to seem even-handed.

Not attempting to seem anything.
Also, I don't get what you would be insinuating here with the even-handed comment. I mean... I get what you are insinuating... but that doesn't make any sense.
The only thing that you and I both know to a 100% certainty is that the team is not EFHW!Swan.... which is the only scenario in which I would have any reason to come off as "even-handed" in regards to a case on you at this point.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: November 28, 2018, 04:13:09 pm »

I'm just having trouble figuring out how I can be scummy but the post towny. If you think I might be legit scumhunting, wouldn't that weaken your scumread on me? Cheerfully voting for me and calling the post not scummy feels like a real contradiction.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: November 28, 2018, 05:29:31 pm »

Just prod dodging really. I'm finding it weird being on the guillotine.
I'm glad that the conversation has moved on from 'this all depends on fang's flip'. Seems like WCD and EFHW are taking us more useful places now. unvote

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: November 28, 2018, 05:31:55 pm »

In other news, some guy just walked past and was surprised to see me still here. Said something about getting an engineer to come and have a look at it. I tried to tell him there was no need but I don't think he heard me.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: November 28, 2018, 05:58:28 pm »

Just prod dodging really. I'm finding it weird being on the guillotine.
I'm glad that the conversation has moved on from 'this all depends on fang's flip'. Seems like WCD and EFHW are taking us more useful places now. unvote

This comment about the conversation moving on feels like fang didn't like the fact his partner was immediately going to lynched when he flipped and is glad the conversation has moved on to potentially lynching someone else.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: November 28, 2018, 07:16:00 pm »

I'm just having trouble figuring out how I can be scummy but the post towny. If you think I might be legit scumhunting, wouldn't that weaken your scumread on me? Cheerfully voting for me and calling the post not scummy feels like a real contradiction.

The effort put into the post itself did slightly weaken my SR on you. This was due to the fact that he content itself I was against, but just because I disagree with it doesn't mean it MUST be skummy.  When the IC jumped on, that was that was an unbiased conf!town outsider agreeing with my thoughts. So yeah, I "happily" jumped on.

However, more importantly, you have over 130 posts this game. Even if this singular post was the "towniest that ever towned" type of post... I still, as I stated, would of thought you were skum. The fact that you are jumping to question to question regarding meaningless details and ignoring my responses along the way kind of just solidifies my opinion.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 20 queries.