Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53  All

Author Topic: M119: Towny Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 142140 times)

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
Re: M119: Towny Mafia (D1!)
« Reply #275 on: October 31, 2018, 09:51:21 am »

E also seems to be trying to stay in the background. I think most of the people who have been doing a lot of talking (pps, EFHW, infang) have been doing so from a towny perspective.
I have sigs off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #276 on: October 31, 2018, 10:02:43 am »

Would you like to tell me what your case is, Awaclus?

No.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 31, 2018, 10:06:15 am »

You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 31, 2018, 10:07:56 am »

E also seems to be trying to stay in the background. I think most of the people who have been doing a lot of talking (pps, EFHW, infang) have been doing so from a towny perspective.

It feels like we are playing with like 7 people instead of 14. There are definitely some folks who’ve had very little interaction. They respond to a prod and then disappear again. E, robz, mcmc, Joseph, Dylan, Swan, and Space all seem to me to be on the fringes, perhaps allowing us to just pick on one another.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 31, 2018, 10:12:32 am »

It feels like we are playing with like 7 people instead of 14. There are definitely some folks who’ve had very little interaction. They respond to a prod and then disappear again. E, robz, mcmc, Joseph, Dylan, Swan, and Space all seem to me to be on the fringes, perhaps allowing us to just pick on one another.
Upon cursory investigation, at least 2 of those actually have more posts than you...
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 31, 2018, 10:21:44 am »

Upon cursory investigation, at least 2 of those actually have more posts than you...

Kind of weird of her to pick out some people who have been posting a decent amount for her arbitrary 7, but to leave me/chairs out of it.
I have sigs off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #281 on: October 31, 2018, 10:28:07 am »

Vote: WCD
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 31, 2018, 11:14:27 am »

And on that note... where is Joseph? A couple of jokes, a few questions about win conditions and then... nothing. He's had more interaction with the mod than with other players.
Joseph, look, I'm still standing by you being town, but if you leave your only contribution for the day as asking about win cons, my view may start to change. My reasons for thinking you are town are only based on things which could be faked as scum.
Joseph is around. I've been keeping up but not that much to say
Was it hard to find an answer to faust's question?
Joseph, I'm trying to work out what to make of your continued avoidance of faust's question.
Like, I'm not even really that interested in the answer, I just find it very weird that you've been 'keeping up' but neglecting to answer a question that seemed pretty central to your town claim.
If you really honestly missed seeing the question, it's at #154.
Which question? Must have missed it....
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 31, 2018, 11:27:46 am »

Meh. Vote: WCD
I can go along with this. vote: WCD

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 31, 2018, 11:29:40 am »

As for chairs/hypercube, I don't agree with the cases made by Joseph (#129) and PPS (#238). Would you like to tell me what your case is, Awaclus?

What, exactly, do you disagree with? My case is concise, irrefutable, and targets precisely the sort of play we don't wish to see.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 31, 2018, 11:45:45 am »

And on that note... where is Joseph? A couple of jokes, a few questions about win conditions and then... nothing. He's had more interaction with the mod than with other players.
Joseph, look, I'm still standing by you being town, but if you leave your only contribution for the day as asking about win cons, my view may start to change. My reasons for thinking you are town are only based on things which could be faked as scum.
Joseph is around. I've been keeping up but not that much to say
Was it hard to find an answer to faust's question?
Joseph, I'm trying to work out what to make of your continued avoidance of faust's question.
Like, I'm not even really that interested in the answer, I just find it very weird that you've been 'keeping up' but neglecting to answer a question that seemed pretty central to your town claim.
If you really honestly missed seeing the question, it's at #154.
Which question? Must have missed it....
Look it up. #154.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 31, 2018, 12:33:06 pm »

I agree with this.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 31, 2018, 12:42:44 pm »

Kind of weird of her to pick out some people who have been posting a decent amount for her arbitrary 7, but to leave me/chairs out of it.

I was leaving you out of it because of the replacement, and chairs obvi had real life issues.

As for the others who have had more posts than I have, fair enough, but they are concentrated in time, not over an arc of the week.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 31, 2018, 12:44:46 pm »

Meh. Vote: WCD
I can go along with this. vote: WCD

Similarly insightful

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 31, 2018, 01:11:13 pm »

My list might well have some inaccuracies (I'm on my phone so limited searching ability) but my question is, is my impression correct? Does it feel like everyone is playing? More to the point, is that normal?

My whole purpose in continuing to play a game that I am not very good at is to learn how to do it better. It seems like being around infrequently and/or randomly would be better for scum. Is that right?

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 31, 2018, 01:39:10 pm »

I was leaving you out of it because of the replacement, and chairs obvi had real life issues.

As for the others who have had more posts than I have, fair enough, but they are concentrated in time, not over an arc of the week.

It struck me a bit like you chose the number 7, then made a list of seven people to call out. That is, it seems contrived rather than an actual analysis of the state of the game.

My list might well have some inaccuracies (I'm on my phone so limited searching ability) but my question is, is my impression correct? Does it feel like everyone is playing? More to the point, is that normal?

My whole purpose in continuing to play a game that I am not very good at is to learn how to do it better. It seems like being around infrequently and/or randomly would be better for scum. Is that right?

The level of activity seems fairly close to the other two D1's I've played here. When I reread it seemed like everyone was present in some form other than Robz.

I'm not what your second point is getting at. Are you asking us if scum!WCD should stop hanging around the thread?
I have sigs off.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 31, 2018, 01:44:09 pm »

The level of activity seems fairly close to the other two D1's I've played here. When I reread it seemed like everyone was present in some form other than Robz.

I'm not what your second point is getting at. Are you asking us if scum!WCD should stop hanging around the thread?

But you said e seemed to be lurking, no? It really feels like everyone is engaged?

Ha! All I know about its being townie. I am pretty sure that if I ever do have to be scum that I will undoubtedly overcompensate.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 31, 2018, 01:49:07 pm »

It struck me a bit like you chose the number 7, then made a list of seven people to call out. That is, it seems contrived rather than an actual analysis of the state of the game.

Oh, yeah. That is definitely fair. I wasn't really analyzing anything in particular. Just speaking off the cuff about my impression that it seems like only a handful of people are playing. I was trying capture my sense that the folks who were engaged just kept scrutinizing one another, but (obviously) choose my words too casually since the spirit of my comment is being ignored.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 31, 2018, 01:51:36 pm »

But you said e seemed to be lurking, no? It really feels like everyone is engaged?

Ha! All I know about its being townie. I am pretty sure that if I ever do have to be scum that I will undoubtedly overcompensate.

My impression of E was that he's maintaining some level of posting activity while not really contributing much to the discussion.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 31, 2018, 01:54:31 pm »

Oh, yeah. That is definitely fair. I wasn't really analyzing anything in particular. Just speaking off the cuff about my impression that it seems like only a handful of people are playing. I was trying capture my sense that the folks who were engaged just kept scrutinizing one another, but (obviously) choose my words too casually since the spirit of my comment is being ignored.

Hmm, I don't find myself making extensive lists casually all that often.

vote: WCD
I have sigs off.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 31, 2018, 02:13:02 pm »

Hmm, I don't find myself making extensive lists casually all that often.

vote: WCD

That doesn’t seem like super compelling reason to lynch me, but it’s more reason than any of the other votes which are just “meh”, so I’ve got that going for me. Which is nice.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 31, 2018, 03:01:00 pm »

Responding specifically to italics: This just depends on the person. Some people are very good at being very active, controlling the discussion, and actively manipulating town as scum, while others do what you are suggesting and try to blend into the background and only post the bare minimum. I tend to operate under the assumption that most people's activity level is a result of irl business and so I don't look at activity level as being a worthwhile starting point for a case. A point in a more comprehensive case, sure, but not the primary one, outside of extreme cases.

I'll be back on later this evening with a lot more free time to reread the last few pages.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 31, 2018, 03:01:58 pm »

Responding specifically to italics: This just depends on the person. Some people are very good at being very active, controlling the discussion, and actively manipulating town as scum, while others do what you are suggesting and try to blend into the background and only post the bare minimum. I tend to operate under the assumption that most people's activity level is a result of irl business and so I don't look at activity level as being a worthwhile starting point for a case. A point in a more comprehensive case, sure, but not the primary one, outside of extreme cases.

I'll be back on later this evening with a lot more free time to reread the last few pages.

"Business" should be "busyness"
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #298 on: October 31, 2018, 03:08:41 pm »

That doesn’t seem like super compelling reason to lynch me, but it’s more reason than any of the other votes which are just “meh”, so I’ve got that going for me. Which is nice.

I have a more compelling reason to lynch you.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 31, 2018, 03:14:25 pm »

I have a more compelling reason to lynch you.

I know better than to ask you to share. But you told me that the priority is to lynch scum. If that’s true, then I’m a bad target. If you’re looking to decrease the number of townies, then lynching me is smart.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53  All

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 20 queries.