Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dark Ages!!  (Read 2058 times)

vishwathg

• Navigator
  • Respect: +92
    • View Profile
Dark Ages!!
« on: September 29, 2018, 04:36:41 pm »
+1

I got Dark Ages two weeks ago. I've seen bits and pieces online, but it's new for my brother. His first thought was "Hey, this is so cool!" His second was "Uh...what do I do with these cards?" So today I played a game with my brother. The kingdom was

Poor House, Beggar, Vagrant, Forager, Sage, Rats, Wandering Minstrel, Counterfeit, Cultist, Altar.

So what I did is a Poor House strategy: opening Rats/Forager to get rid of my Coppers early, and then got another Forager for +Buy and a couple Cultists for draw. (I also got an Altar because Altars are good and a Beggar to feed my Foragers and Altar.) I won 21-0, three-piling on Poor Houses, Ruins, and Wandering Minstrels before he understood what was going on. I guess what I'm asking is if there's a better strategy.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:38:27 pm by vishwathg »

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Ages!!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 01:53:08 am »
+1

I got Dark Ages two weeks ago. I've seen bits and pieces online, but it's new for my brother. His first thought was "Hey, this is so cool!" His second was "Uh...what do I do with these cards?" So today I played a game with my brother. The kingdom was

Poor House, Beggar, Vagrant, Forager, Sage, Rats, Wandering Minstrel, Counterfeit, Cultist, Altar.

So what I did is a Poor House strategy: opening Rats/Forager to get rid of my Coppers early, and then got another Forager for +Buy and a couple Cultists for draw. (I also got an Altar because Altars are good and a Beggar to feed my Foragers and Altar.) I won 21-0, three-piling on Poor Houses, Ruins, and Wandering Minstrels before he understood what was going on. I guess what I'm asking is if there's a better strategy.

Do you really need Cultist? I'd prefer buying only Forager,  Wandering, and Poor.

vishwathg

• Navigator
  • Respect: +92
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Ages!!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 11:43:16 am »

Do you really need Cultist? I'd prefer buying only Forager,  Wandering, and Poor.

Oh. The Cultists were also for emptying the Ruins pile. Without it, the game would have been longer. I wanted to end the game early because he had 6 Poor Houses to my 4, but didn't bother to get Rats, so he was trashing his Coppers more slowly.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.