Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Idea for Donald X and Dominion team: Bounties for Glitches/errors  (Read 2767 times)

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
Idea for Donald X and Dominion team: Bounties for Glitches/errors
« on: September 29, 2018, 04:10:44 pm »

Not sure if this is the best place to put this but it seems to be to me.

In an effort to make the game better and bug/glitch free, why not offer a bounty to those who find a true one. Like one free month of cards or a +1 month bump in an existing subscription.

Now a lot of "glitches" are just someone not understanding interactions (ie procession/hireling).  But many are real.  I imagine there are a lot of little mistakes and glitches that people see and don't post. Why not incentivize them.  Some folks with base cards only might even try "hunting for them". 

As good as the software is there probably won't be many anyway. But if someone finds one you think it would be worth 3 bux for dominion inc. to get each glitch out of the game.  Probably much cheaper than paying techs to try and root out find glitches...

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:11:46 pm by Honkeyfresh »
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: Idea for Donald X and Dominion team: Bounties for Glitches/errors
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 09:41:32 pm »
+8

"Paying techs". Oof. Man, I've got news for you. Shuffle iT is one dude. Everybody else who works on it is a volunteer. And although I have no visibility into his financials, I'm guessing he isn't raking in the cash from this subscription-based, unpolished Dominion implementation. I don't think he's going to be paying anybody for anything anytime soon, or he (hopefully) would have already done so.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 10:58:15 am »
+2

Most of the obscure bugs are known about, and are just a much lower priority than the other work. And in most cases, what people would encounter aren’t actually bugs at all, so I don’t think this would help. They don’t have the problem of not enough things to do.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Cave-o-sapien

• Jester
  • Respect: +1675
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 04:27:10 pm »
+1

Most of the obscure bugs are known about, and are just a much lower priority than the other work. And in most cases, what people would encounter aren’t actually bugs at all, so I don’t think this would help. They don’t have the problem of not enough things to do.

Then we put a bounty on determining which of the reported bugs aren't actually bugs.

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 11:29:19 am »

Really?  Wow.  I thought that Rio Games bought Dominion and I was assuming that under that corporate umbrella it made sense. 

So is shuffle IT independent of dominion, or just like a third party contractor? 
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 11:37:26 am »

Really?  Wow.  I thought that Rio Games bought Dominion and I was assuming that under that corporate umbrella it made sense. 

So is shuffle IT independent of dominion, or just like a third party contractor?

Shuffle iT is Stef, he has some kind of a contract with RGG.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markus

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: markus
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 11:38:06 am »
+6

And Rio Grande is not much bigger:

Rio Grande Games is one guy, Jay Tummelson. As he puts it, "I also do the windows."

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 07:31:13 pm »

I thought it was Stef and SCSN?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

chipperMDW

• Duke
  • Respect: +813
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2018, 07:41:33 pm »
+8

I think he said no.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2018, 08:15:24 pm »

SCSN left the company sometime last year.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 06:56:18 pm »
+1

Also, every single person in this forum besides you is actually me.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 10:10:09 pm »
+1

Also, every single person in this forum besides you is actually me.

You mean WanderingWinder?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.