Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possible glitch (well I and AJD think it is) with Innovation and Hermit  (Read 1177 times)

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
+1

From the Neat interactions thread.  I don't feel like retyping...

Just played a game with crazy synergy.  Probably even counts as a combo. Unless projects don't count for some as they aren't technically "cards" for the literalists anal folks.  And you guys really need to relax.

Innovation & Hermit (madman).

Once you gain innovation it allows you to play cards at the end that you gain.  So buy hermit.  Immediately play hermit (can even grab another hermit here especially to block ur opponent from doing this too) and b/c you can't buy a card after playing it you immediately get a madman.

So you basically get a free card and an immediate madman without the hermit clogging ur deck (not to mention an additional trash from the hermit anyway)

Just crushed someone with this.  It's really strong.
Wait, that doesn't sound right.... You only get a Madman "if you didn't buy any cards this turn", not just if you didn't buy any cards after playing Hermit.

well then it's a glitch.  cuz i just did it like 5x

I thought it would work like you, just happened to gain one to trash a curse and it happened... so i used the shit out of it

for those that wanna see this, or play it load game 18825460
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +410
    • View Profile
Re: Possible glitch (well I and AJD think it is) with Innovation and Hermit
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 04:55:01 pm »

It sounds like a glitch to me as well
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

markus

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: markus
  • Respect: +434
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 12:19:30 pm »

Maybe that has already been fixed. At least when I load that game and buy&play Hermit, it doesn't get trashed for Madman.

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 11:31:23 am »

Maybe that has already been fixed. At least when I load that game and buy&play Hermit, it doesn't get trashed for Madman.

Then they fixed it.  B/c after playing that game, but before I made this thread I tried it again in the above-listed game and it worked.

That's good.  Because that interaction was ridiculously strong...
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.