Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Teaser  (Read 37277 times)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
Re: Teaser
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 03:45:44 pm »
+3

Scholar is the card with 4 words.

Hmm, disappointed that "+7" doesn't count as either 1 or 2 words. It means that we've had several cards with only 1-3 words on them before, which makes the whole prospect of having a card with only 3 words less exciting.

I think the idea is that it's exciting for those who yearn for simpler Dominion cards.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2018, 08:10:54 pm »
+1

Scholar is the card with 4 words.

Hmm, disappointed that "+7" doesn't count as either 1 or 2 words. It means that we've had several cards with only 1-3 words on them before, which makes the whole prospect of having a card with only 3 words less exciting.

While true, I think the point is that, however many expansions in we are, Donald still managed to make some simple cards that are interesting. Scholar doesn’t even use any new mechanics.

EDIT: didn’t see the new page. Oops.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

crlundy

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: crlundy
  • Respect: +323
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2018, 05:11:25 am »
+5

Day 2:

- 8/25 kingdom cards, 0/25 sideways cards, 0/12 wooden cubes, 6/6 playmats, and 35/35 tokens (we haven't seen the mats and tokens, but you get a peak at dominion.games)
- 0/3 Treasures, 0/2 Attacks, 0/2 Duration cards, and 0/1 Reaction
- 3/15 uses for tokens
- 4/16 uses of "trash"
- no card with a word in quotation marks on it
- a card with only 3 words on it (Acting Troupe); a card with only 4 words on it (Scholar)
- 0/3 ways to play Actions in your Buy phase
- no way to take a turn after the game would otherwise be over
- no trasher you can't turn off
- nothing that cares about shuffling

Sorry if I stole your thunder, J Reggie! I was curious to see where we stand. :)

Karpeth

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2018, 05:14:59 am »

Day 2:

- 8/25 kingdom cards, 0/25 sideways cards, 0/12 wooden cubes, 6/6 playmats, and 35/35 tokens (we haven't seen the mats and tokens, but you get a peak at dominion.games)
- 3/15 uses for tokens
- 4/16 uses of "trash"
- a card with only 3 words on it (Acting Troupe); a card with only 4 words on it (Scholar)

Sorry if I stole your thunder, J Reggie! I was curious to see where we stand. :)

We don’t need to see the tokens. It’s ”the same” since seaside.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2018, 09:03:13 am »
+1

Day 2:

- 3/15 uses for tokens
- 4/16 uses of "trash"

No worries, I wasn't the first one to do it either. So does "uses for tokens" just mean ways to get tokens? Because I guess 15 would be a large number for what I was thinking, which was things like Butcher where the tokens have their own use.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2018, 09:10:37 am »

Day 2:

- 3/15 uses for tokens
- 4/16 uses of "trash"

No worries, I wasn't the first one to do it either. So does "uses for tokens" just mean ways to get tokens? Because I guess 15 would be a large number for what I was thinking, which was things like Butcher where the tokens have their own use.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted "uses" also, but 15 would be a lot there. But it seems like "as a Villager" and "as a Coffer" could just be 2 uses.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

crlundy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2018, 03:50:41 pm »
+1

So does "uses for tokens" just mean ways to get tokens? Because I guess 15 would be a large number for what I was thinking, which was things like Butcher where the tokens have their own use.

Yeah, that's how I interpreted "uses" also, but 15 would be a lot there. But it seems like "as a Villager" and "as a Coffer" could just be 2 uses.

For my count, I interpreted it as anything that requires players to interact with tokens in any way; more precisely, any card-shaped thing with "Coffers" or "Villager" in its instructions. We'll see what revelations happen throughout the week!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 05:11:00 pm by crlundy »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2018, 04:53:45 pm »

So does "uses for tokens" just mean ways to get tokens? Because I guess 15 would be a large number for what I was thinking, which was things like Butcher where the tokens have their own use.

For my count, I interpreted it basically anything that requires players to interact with tokens in any way; more precisely, any card-shaped thing with "Coffers" or "Villager" in its instructions. We'll see what revelations happen throughout the week!

This seems most likely, just given that there's 15 of them.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2018, 11:08:02 am »
+4

As of Day 3 we've seen:

- 11/25 kingdom cards, 0/25 sideways cards, 0/12 wooden cubes, 6/6 playmats, and 35/35 tokens
- 1/3 Treasures, 1/2 Attacks, 0/2 Duration cards, and 0/1 Reaction
- 6/15 uses for tokens (probably)
- 6/16 uses of "trash"

crlundy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2018, 01:12:00 pm »
+1

Man, it didn't really sink in that there are only 2 Attacks, meaning this set will have the lowest Attack density. Unless there are some pernicious Artifacts lying around?

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2018, 01:24:53 pm »
+3

Man, it didn't really sink in that there are only 2 Attacks, meaning this set will have the lowest Attack density. Unless there are some pernicious Artifacts lying around?

I'm hoping for more non-attack opponent interactions, like Vault, Lost City, etc.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2018, 02:44:32 pm »

I'll be (mildly) surprised if there's nothing which causes players to gain/lose Coffers/Villagers on someone else's turn.

crlundy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2018, 03:16:43 pm »
+1

I'll be (mildly) surprised if there's nothing which causes players to gain/lose Coffers/Villagers on someone else's turn.

Losing Coffers/Villagers seems unlikely to me; I feel like it'd be too easy to avoid Coffers/Villagers altogether, and never feel the attack.

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2018, 03:24:52 pm »
+1

Losing Coffers/Villagers seems unlikely to me; I feel like it'd be too easy to avoid Coffers/Villagers altogether, and never feel the attack.

Perhaps it's a beneficial option like Vault:

Theatre Action

+2 Coffers
You may spend 1 Coffers for +2 Cards, each other player may spend 1 Coffers to draw a card.

My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

crlundy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2018, 04:07:50 pm »

Perhaps it's a beneficial option like Vault

Yes, that I could definitely see. Especially with the dearth of Attacks, friendly interactions seem likely. Although based on the blurb, Artifacts might provide that…

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2018, 05:01:24 pm »

There could be some kind of "Each other player discards a Villager. If they don't, ..." alternative bad stuff. If the alternative was worse, it would create a dynamic where you actively wanted to accumulate Villagers as protection.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2018, 08:38:53 pm »
+1

There could be some kind of "Each other player discards a Villager. If they don't, ..." alternative bad stuff. If the alternative was worse, it would create a dynamic where you actively wanted to accumulate Villagers as protection.

crlundy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2018, 06:36:15 am »
+3

Tag team, Day 4:

- 14/25 kingdom cards, 3/25 sideways cards, 0/12 wooden cubes, 6/6 playmats, and 35/35 tokens
- 7/15 uses for tokens (probably)
- 9/16 uses of "trash"
- nothing that cares about shuffling (not Swashbuckler per Donald X)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 06:54:23 am by crlundy »

LostPhoenix

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lost Phoenix
  • Your resident lurker
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2018, 08:43:34 am »
+2

I'm hoping for more non-attack opponent interactions, like Vault, Lost City, etc.

Huzzah for artifacts!

SuperHans

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: SuperHans
  • Respect: +233
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2018, 09:31:11 am »
+4

My guess is you can "purchase" projects by placing one of your two wooden cubes on the sideways card-shaped thing. The other players can do the same. So long as your cube is on the project (maybe you can't take it off), parts of the game will be modified for you and anyone else who has purchased the same project, such as (1) take a turn after the game ends, (2) trash a card every turn, (3) $1 every turn, (4) +1 buy every turn, (5) some kind of benefit every time you shuffle, (6) maybe a benefit when you do other things like buy a victory, treasure, or action card, (7) maybe a way to play action cards during buy phase.

Seems like enough possibilities here to make 20 of these projects.

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2018, 02:34:00 pm »

My guess is you can "purchase" projects by placing one of your two wooden cubes on the sideways card-shaped thing. The other players can do the same. So long as your cube is on the project (maybe you can't take it off), parts of the game will be modified for you and anyone else who has purchased the same project, such as (1) take a turn after the game ends, (2) trash a card every turn, (3) $1 every turn, (4) +1 buy every turn, (5) some kind of benefit every time you shuffle, (6) maybe a benefit when you do other things like buy a victory, treasure, or action card, (7) maybe a way to play action cards during buy phase.

I like this speculation, and I would guess that to "purchase" the project, you fulfill some sort of condition, like with the 2VP landmarks.

SuperHans

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: SuperHans
  • Respect: +233
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2018, 03:59:34 am »
+4

Called it.

crlundy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2018, 04:40:08 am »
+4

Day 5:

- 14/25 kingdom cards, 9/25 sideways cards, 12/12 wooden cubes, 6/6 playmats, and 35/35 tokens
- 7/15 uses for tokens (probably)
- 11/16 uses of "trash"
- 1/3 ways to play Actions in your Buy phase
- something that cares about shuffling (Star Chart)

Still plenty to look forward to!

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2018, 12:20:01 pm »

Some bonus info we can extrapolate:
Of the 16 unseen card-shaped-things, only 2 are artifacts, the other 14 are projects.
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2018, 12:32:28 pm »
+1

Some bonus info we can extrapolate:
Of the 16 unseen card-shaped-things, only 2 are artifacts, the other 14 are projects.

I'm being pedantic, but you don't really need to "extrapolate" that. It's stated right in the Day 4 and Day 5 previews.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.