Dominion > Rules Questions

Anything needed for Empires?

(1/3) > >>

Donald X.:
There's another printing of Empires coming up, so it's my chance to squeeze in some rulebook fix I've forgotten about.

So, is there anything?

dz:
So is it like 2E Empires, or is it just a rule book fix? If it's just rulebook, then the only thing I can think of is the Possession errata getting errata.

If it's full on 2E, then is it possible to change:
-Opulent Castle: you have to reveal the Victory cards you discard
-Baths: check during the start of clean-up instead of the "end of turn" confusion
-Ritual: check trashed card cost after trashing ("cost" -> "costs")

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: dz on September 19, 2018, 07:37:05 pm ---So is it like 2E Empires, or is it just a rule book fix? If it's just rulebook, then the only thing I can think of is the Possession errata getting errata.

If it's full on 2E, then is it possible to change:
-Opulent Castle: you have to reveal the Victory cards you discard
-Baths: check during the start of clean-up instead of the "end of turn" confusion
-Ritual: check trashed card cost after trashing ("cost" -> "costs")

--- End quote ---
It's not "full on 2E" - Empires is already 2E, is the idea. I am looking for rulebook fixes but a card fix is conceivably possible. It would depend on what we were getting out of it. The rulebook is just way easier to change - I say "here's the text," Jay changes it, I proofread it, done. Card changes go through more steps and more people.

I am avoiding functional changes. Being able to improve Baths or Ritual isn't enough; they work as-is. Opulent Castle, that's a reasonable change, since it's just keeping you honest. However it would be much easier to just have the rulebook say that you have to reveal them, even though the card doesn't say it. So that's more likely. But I will keep it in mind for if another card really wants to be changed.

Thanks!

werothegreat:
As printed, Overlord comes after Royal Blacksmith in the rules (presumably because RB was supposed to be called Old Blacksmith until Alayna Lemmer happened).  It should probably come before, going alphabetically.  Same for the box insert.

Dsell:
Errata: This game is perfect

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version