Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1546440 times)

Carline

• Witch
  • Respect: +391
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #7925 on: December 22, 2020, 08:55:42 am »
+3

Yard Sale - $4
Event

Once per turn: Gain a card costing exactly $1 per card you have discarded this turn.

I did a little test here, bought only Cellars in turns 1, 2 and 3. I discarded 9 cards in turn 4.

I think it could be too strong also with Artificer, Storeroom, Scholar, Minion, Vault and Hunting Lodge.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 09:15:54 am by Carline »

Timinou

• Witch
  • Respect: +634
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: December 22, 2020, 06:57:58 pm »

Edit: Added Looter to the card type.

Archaeologist
+1 Action
You may Exile a Ruins from your hand or the Supply. Put this on your Tavern mat.
-
When you play an Action card, you may call this to play any number of differently named Ruins on your Exile mat, leaving them there.

At it's most basic level, this can be used to get rid of Ruins from your deck; however, it can also be used to turbo-charge an Action card that you play on your turn.  I've priced it at $2 because it takes a bit of work and you are somewhat at the mercy of how the Ruins deck is shuffled.

Rules clarification: You can play the differently named Ruins on your Exile mat in any order.  I'm not sure if that needs to be on the card, or if it is self-explanatory.

1. This should copy the wording of Coin of the Realm and Royal Carriage's call effects: "Directly after you finish playing an Action card, you may call this..."
2. Is it intentional that you can play an Archaeologist and then immediately call it on itself?
3. This card has a similar design flaw to Card tokens (the hypothetical Coffers of +Cards): Once you get both a Ruined Village and a Ruined Library in Exile (and you don't even need the Village if called after playing a non-terminal), players will almost always just call it as soon as they have the opportunity and have Actions left over, which kind of defeats the purpose of it being a Reserve card. Unlike the other vanilla effects, you pretty much always want +Cards as soon as possible rather than saving them for the opportune moment.
EDIT:
4. I think this is too swingy based on the way the Ruins pile is shuffled. If Alice gets to Exile a Ruined Library from the Supply, she's a lot better off than Bob, who only Exiled a Survivors. This problem is exacerbated by the fact that it can't play multiple copies of the same Ruin, so Bob could get completely screwed over by getting 4 Survivors in a row while Alice gets 4 different Ruins.

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll review the wording based on Coin of the Realm.  I agree that there is randomness involved here, but I think the scenario you mentioned has a very low probability of happening. I also don't agree that you would always want to call Archaeologist for +cards as soon as possible. 

In any case, I'll think about the cost a bit more and will see if there is a way to mitigate the randomness.

I've updated my original post with a new version of Archaeologist: 

I've followed your suggestion on using the wording from Coin of the Realm. 

I wasn't so concerned about the example you raised about one player get 4 Survivors and the other getting 4 different Ruins, because I don't think it is very likely to happen.  Nevertheless, I still wanted to mitigate the randomness of how the Ruins deck is shuffled.  I had an intermediate version which would Exile a Ruins when Archaeologist was gained, in order to give players more control over which Ruins end up on their Exile mat.  However, it didn't address the fundamental issue of certain Ruins being better than others.

The original version only let you play differently named Ruins as a way to mitigate some of the swinginess if a player ended up with more than one Ruined Library, for instance.  Now that it is more democratized, I don't think that restriction is necessary.

Trashing instead of Exiling also opens up more potentially interesting interactions with other cards.

I've tried to keep the cost at $2 because I think it would be nice to be able to Remodel a Ruins or a Copper into an Archaeologist.   
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 07:02:31 pm by Timinou »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: December 22, 2020, 07:14:23 pm »

Yard Sale - $4
Event

Once per turn: Gain a card costing exactly $1 per card you have discarded this turn.

I think this is too hard to track... if there are ways to discard lots of cards in a turn, most people aren’t going to know how many cards they have discarded this turn, and it would be a pain to count as you go without mistake.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: December 22, 2020, 08:01:27 pm »
+2

Worker
Types: Action
Cost: $2
Choose one: +2 Cards and then discard 2 cards; or +1 Action; or gain a Horse.
Choose one: +1 Action; or +$1; or trash a card from your hand.
Worker is a low-cost tempo-trasher that can be used as a strong Silver-flooder weak horser (even pseudo-cantrip), weak sifter, or weak splitter once its done trashing. It offers you two choices that amount to 9 options:
  • +2 Cards, +1 Action. Discard 2 cards.
  • +2 Cards, +$1. Discard 2 cards.
  • +2 Cards. Discard 2 cards, and then trash a card from your hand.
  • +2 Actions.
  • +1 Action, +$1.
  • +1 Action. Trash a card from your hand.
  • +1 Action. Gain a Horse.
  • +$1. Gain a Horse.
  • Gain a Horse, and then trash a card from your hand.
But what is particularly neat about Worker is that the two choices allow you to first draw and discard before you choose the second option.

I considered making it draw and discard 1 card, but that seems pretty bad compared to the other options.

HISTORY:
Original gained a Silver instead of a Horse, but that permanent boost seemed too much on a good $2-cost tempo-trasher.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:06:25 am by Fragasnap »
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: December 22, 2020, 08:48:25 pm »
+1

Worker
Choose one: +2 Card and then discard 2 cards; or +1 Action; or gain a Silver.
Worker is a low-cost tempo-trasher that can be used as a strong Silver-flooder, weak sifter, or weak splitter once its done trashing. It offers you two choices that amount to 9 options:
  • +2 Cards, +1 Action. Discard 2 cards.
  • +2 Cards, +$1. Discard 2 cards.
  • +2 Cards. Discard 2 cards, and then trash a card from your hand.
  • +2 Actions.
  • +1 Action, +$1.
  • +1 Action. Trash a card from your hand.
  • +1 Action. Gain a Silver.
  • +$1. Gain a Silver.
  • Gain a Silver, and then trash a card from your hand.
But what is particularly neat about Worker is that the two choices allow you to first draw and discard before you choose the second option.

I considered making it draw and discard 1 card, but that seems pretty bad compared to the other options.

Thematically, it's a sister of this card of my Venus expansion:

I like the versatility of your Worker and the options seems well balanced.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: December 23, 2020, 03:43:53 am »

Yard Sale - $4
Event

Do I understand this correctly that when a player buys Yard Sale only cards count that have been discarded before?

Edit: I just saw that the costs differ between image and text.
Yeah, $0 is the correct one. Thanks for pointing out.

Not sure what you mean about the discarding. Clearly Yard Sale cannot look into the future, so only cards you discarded up until the point where you buy Yard Sale matter.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 04:00:29 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: December 23, 2020, 03:49:13 am »

Yard Sale - $4
Event

I did a little test here, bought only Cellars in turns 1, 2 and 3. I discarded 9 cards in turn 4.

I think it could be too strong also with Artificer, Storeroom, Scholar, Minion, Vault and Hunting Lodge.
Well, this is why it says "exactly"; if you have lots of sifting, playing too many sifters will result in you not getting anything out of Yard Sale.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: December 23, 2020, 03:53:52 am »

Yard Sale - $4
Event

I think this is too hard to track... if there are ways to discard lots of cards in a turn, most people aren’t going to know how many cards they have discarded this turn, and it would be a pain to count as you go without mistake.
I don't think it's any harder to track than how many cards you gained (Triumph, Treasure Hunter), especially since you can safely stop counting once you discarded more than 8. If this is in the game, then you just know you need to track how much you discard.

Carline

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: December 23, 2020, 06:42:12 pm »
+1

Yard Sale - $4
Event

Well, this is why it says "exactly"; if you have lots of sifting, playing too many sifters will result in you not getting anything out of Yard Sale.

Yes, but I could have discarded 8 cards instead of 9, Cellar gives you this control. So, I could have gained a Province in turn 4. Provinces don't clog your deck for Cellar.

I did some more little tests. Only doing nothing more than buying Cellars, discarding cards and gaining Provinces, I was gaining 5th Province around turn 12. I don't know for sure if it's a excelent result in general, but I think it is for such automatic strategy. 

EDIT: I did the test with Storeroom. It's even faster, as any time Storeroom is in your initial hand you have 8 guaranteed discards and 4 of them gives you money to buy more Storerooms. With Storeroom I was gaining 5th Province around Turn 8.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 07:05:59 pm by Carline »

spheremonk

• Bishop
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: December 23, 2020, 09:27:40 pm »
+9

I enjoy exploring cards that interact with Ruins, Rats, and certain non-Supply cards in a manner that the official cards don't, and junkers that don’t necessarily empty piles (Donald X talks about using the latter space with Idol). Forbidden City does both, though the fact that the Ruins pile could still empty out, nerfing both the Attack and non-Attack abilities of the card, adds a strategic element as well.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 02:04:02 am by spheremonk »

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
  • Respect: +1113
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #7935 on: December 24, 2020, 12:42:36 am »
+2

This was a design suggested on the Discord server. People seemed to like it. Therefore, I present this little bugger for this week's challenge:

The pile consists of 16 cards. This number was determined after some play testing. Otherwise, the District pile empties itself too quickly. And if contested, it doesn't quite achieve what it tries to do.
Bottom text

anordinaryman

• Duke
  • Respect: +502
    • View Profile
« Reply #7936 on: December 25, 2020, 03:03:50 pm »
+2

Worker
Choose one: +2 Card and then discard 2 cards; or +1 Action; or gain a Silver.
I feel that this should cost 3. In the early game trashing it compares well to several single-card trashers. Masquerade, Trade Route, Raze. Plus it can stay useful later by being a weak village or sifter. In many decks turning coppers into silvers is amazing for 2. I think with all this flexibility, it makes sense to cost 3. I think with the added flexibility over squire, plus the fact it can non-terminally trash (trashing is amazing), it just feels very three-y to me. And the fact you can choose to make it non-terminal after sifting cards... it's pretty good.

Yeah, this is definitely $3. I think with $3 would help so that people don't automatically get it on 5/2. You don't want people to get a ton of these cards, 6 decisions on each play can slow the game down a bunch. So pricing it slightly higher would make games with this slightly better.

gambit05

• Minion
  • Respect: +495
    • View Profile
« Reply #7937 on: December 26, 2020, 10:34:44 am »
+2

My Submission:

Magi
$4 – Night - Duration

When you discard your Action
cards from play, set one aside
face up. Until your next turn,
when any other player plays a
   copy of it, they get +1 Villager   
and you +1 Coffers.

At the start of your next turn,
play the set-aside card.

anordinaryman

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7938 on: December 26, 2020, 03:17:27 pm »
+2

My Submission:

Magi
$4 – Night - Duration

When you discard your Action
cards from play, set one aside
face up. Until your next turn,
when any other player plays a
   copy of it, they get +1 Villager   
and you +1 Coffers.

At the start of your next turn,
play the set-aside card.

I think you are underestimating how strong this is even without the tokens. Gaining a copy of a card you have in play is very good, and you get to play it the next turn. For reference, changling costs 3 and has to self-trash. Magi is only 1 more, doesn't self-trash, and allows you to play the copy next turn! It's like Summon: a 5-cost event (which means it actually costs more than 5 because it costs a buy on each "play").

Now we have the fact that they give me a Coffer each time you play it... it's fairly easy to slap this on a Village for tons of free money. There are games where Villagers are essential and then this card becomes a "can't play" (unless your opponent doesn't have the card you gain, and if so, why have the tokens anyway?), then there are games where they don't matter (so this is just free coffers and becomes even stronger -- so why have the tokens?), and then there are rare games where the villagers are a nice bonus that helps pad opponent's turns, but doesn't become game-breaking. But in those third type of game, you don't need villagers either, and therefore the coffers are probably an excellent trade in your favor.

A card like this can't be appropriately priced. Because the non-token element of it is too good and the token part of it swings too wildly in its effect.

I do really like the concept. Here are a few ideas to explore:
1. Reconsider allowing Magi to non-terminally gain and summon. That's just insanely good. (There's a bunch of directions to go here, getting rid of the "summon" on next turn, getting rid of the gain, making it a terminal Action)
2. Reconsider having the tokens fire every time. (Other directions: only on their first play, or on only when they gain a copy of that card).
3. Reconsider allowing you to pick a card in-play, and instead force it to set-aside from hand. This adds the hidden cost of not being able to play that card this turn.
4. Reconsider having tokens at all.

Neat concept. In some combination of these areas to explore, there is an excellent and balanced card waiting.

I enjoy exploring cards that interact with Ruins, Rats, and certain non-Supply cards in a manner that the official cards don't, and junkers that don’t necessarily empty piles (Donald X talks about using the later space with Idol). Forbidden City does both, though the fact that the Ruins pile could still empty out, nerfing both the Attack and non-Attack abilities of the card, adds a strategic element as well.

This is great! Awesome theming of a city that devolves. And you made a non-terminal junker work. It even comes with a village, so opponents at least have a way of playing those ruins. Really nice work!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 03:22:06 pm by anordinaryman »

gambit05

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7939 on: December 26, 2020, 03:43:41 pm »
+2

I think you are underestimating how strong this is even without the tokens. Gaining a copy of a card you have in play is very good, and you get to play it the next turn.

Before I try to understand the other comments you wrote, I would like to clarify this point. Maybe, I worded it badly, but Magi does not gain any card. It sets aside an Action card when it leaves play, Scheme like.

fika monster

• Witch
  • 27 year old swedish guy. PFP by haps
  • Respect: +459
    • View Profile
« Reply #7940 on: December 26, 2020, 03:45:13 pm »
+1

My submission: An artist Themed traveller line

Swedish guy, Furry hipster otter

anordinaryman

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7941 on: December 26, 2020, 03:52:16 pm »
+1

I think you are underestimating how strong this is even without the tokens. Gaining a copy of a card you have in play is very good, and you get to play it the next turn.

Before I try to understand the other comments you wrote, I would like to clarify this point. Maybe, I worded it badly, but Magi does not gain any card. It sets aside an Action card when it leaves play, Scheme like.

oh dear lord, that is my fault. Somehow I read a word that was not there. Welp, this is embarrassing. Still some of the token points are valid, but the bulk of this being impossible to price is not.

gambit05

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7942 on: December 26, 2020, 04:00:11 pm »

oh dear lord, that is my fault. Somehow I read a word that was not there. Welp, this is embarrassing. Still some of the token points are valid, but the bulk of this being impossible to price is not.

Thanks for your comments. I've tried to understand the other parts, but to be honest I am rather confused and don't know exactly what you meant. Sorry.

anordinaryman

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7943 on: December 26, 2020, 05:28:49 pm »

Thanks for your comments. I've tried to understand the other parts, but to be honest I am rather confused and don't know exactly what you meant. Sorry.

Basically, the token thing makes it hard to balance. There possibilities situations:
1. A game with no Villages/Splitters, such that gaining Villagers is an incredible benefit.
2. A game that has enough Villages/Splitters, such that gaining Villagers is of little to no benefit.
3. A game that is in between, Villagers help smooth turns out.

In scenario 1, you simply can't play Magi if your opponent has that card. The tokens don't come into play because giving Villagers to your opponents is too good. So this card is too bad and overpriced.
In scenario 2, you don't care about villagers at all, and this becomes a vastly superior March/Delay, that also produces tons of Coffers. So this is a little too good and underpriced.
In scenario 3, you still don't care about villagers too much, (and you're going to get some from your opponents plays), and this becomes a vastly superior March/Delay, that also produces tons of Coffers. So this is a little too good and underpriced.

Essentially, you just put this on a Village to kick-start your next turn basically with a lost city, and then rake in a plethora of coffers when your opponents play the Village they are forced to play. This potential to gain tons of tokens (that does not scale well at all in multiplayer), makes the card tricky to balance. I still think the card is stronger than you're considering. Having the ability to March a card you played this turn is incredibly good and on its own is worth 5 or more.

Did you not understand my recommendations to explore? I wasn't sure how to make those clearer so I'm restating them with some mildly updated wording and removing the suggestion that was a result of my misreading of the card.

1. Reconsider having the tokens fire every time. (Perhaps it would give coffers/villagers only on the first play of the card on someone's turn, or perhaps only when they gain a copy of that card).
2. Reconsider allowing you to pick an Action card in-play, and instead have it to set-aside from hand. This adds the hidden cost of not being able to play that card this turn.
3. Reconsider having Coffers/Villagers at all.

fika monster

• Witch
  • 27 year old swedish guy. PFP by haps
  • Respect: +459
    • View Profile
« Reply #7944 on: December 27, 2020, 03:06:40 am »

My submission: An artist Themed traveller line

Updated and changed some of them, heres the newest versions.

"Dissatisfied Worker
+1 Action +1 Card
Turn your Journey token over (it starts face up). If it's face up, all players gain a silver.
-
When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for Beginning Artist."

Beginning artist
$2
Turn your Journey token over.
When you Turn your Journey token this turn, +1 buy, +1$
-
When you discard this from play, you may exchange it for Starving artist.
(This card is not in the Supply.)

Starving artist
+1 Action
Trash up to 3 cards from your hand, and Gain a card with cost exactly equal to the total cost in $ of the trashed cards.
Turn over your Journey token. If it is face down, Gain two Curses (or if you can't, two Curses from the trash
-
When you discard this from play, you may exchange this for Patronaged artist.
(This is not in the supply).

+2 action, +2 cards
Turn over your Journey token.
-
When you discard this from play, if your Journey Token is face up, you may exchange it for Renaissance man.
(This card is not in the supply.)

Renaissance man
Turn over your Journey token. Then if it's face up, you may gain 2 cards costing up to $6 unto your deck.
-
(This card is not in the supply.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 04:17:54 am by fika monster »
Swedish guy, Furry hipster otter

gambit05

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7945 on: December 27, 2020, 05:55:31 am »

Basically, the token thing makes it hard to balance. There possibilities situations:
1. A game with no Villages/Splitters, such that gaining Villagers is an incredible benefit.
2. A game that has enough Villages/Splitters, such that gaining Villagers is of little to no benefit.
3. A game that is in between, Villagers help smooth turns out.

In scenario 1, you simply can't play Magi if your opponent has that card. The tokens don't come into play because giving Villagers to your opponents is too good. So this card is too bad and overpriced.
In scenario 2, you don't care about villagers at all, and this becomes a vastly superior March/Delay, that also produces tons of Coffers. So this is a little too good and underpriced.
In scenario 3, you still don't care about villagers too much, (and you're going to get some from your opponents plays), and this becomes a vastly superior March/Delay, that also produces tons of Coffers. So this is a little too good and underpriced.

Thank you very much for your comments and for your efforts in trying to help improving my card Magi.

You have dissected the different scenarios about how Magi would perform in a similar way as I did when I designed the card. Your conclusion is that in the majority of boards (scenarios 2 and 3), Magi would be slightly overpowered (“a little too good”) and that Magi would be underpowered in a relatively few Kingdoms, i.e. those without Villagers/Splitters (scenario 1).

Even if a minority of Kingdoms exists that disfavor Magi, I see no reason to change Magi just based on that. It would just share a feature that a lot of official cards have. However, I would argue that in the case of Magi, the sole presence of Magi in such Kingdoms can have an impact on the strategies of the players, even if it wouldn’t be bought at the end. Players would still have to make decisions on how to construct their decks. This would certainly encourage diversity of their deck and to develop strategies different to those of their opponents. By the way, the same is true for Kingdoms with Villagers/Sifters (scenarios 2 and 3), since the potential to get Villagers has an influence on the desired ratios of Villagers, cantrips and terminal cards.

Did you not understand my recommendations to explore? I wasn't sure how to make those clearer so I'm restating them with some mildly updated wording and removing the suggestion that was a result of my misreading of the card.

My perception of this statement is that you either think that I am ignorant or too stupid to understand your previous comments. I am sorry, but this was based on the fact that it was you who didn’t understood my instructions given in a much shorter card text.

In summary, I appreciate your input, but I see no reason to change the concept of Magi right now. If this card turns out to be unbalanced in real games, it could be buffed in different ways, including some of your suggestions. However, I do not have that information yet.

anordinaryman

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7946 on: December 27, 2020, 12:22:16 pm »
+1

My perception of this statement is that you either think that I am ignorant or too stupid to understand your previous comments. I am sorry, but this was based on the fact that it was you who didn’t understood my instructions given in a much shorter card text.

Oh dear! I'm so sorry. I did not mean to imply you were ignorant or stupid. I was trying to say that I wasn't sure how to make those clearer. If anything, I was trying to suggest that I was too stupid to make my point any clearer, so I was just re-stating it.

Thank you so much for letting me know how my words made you feel. I do apologize. I really had no intention of that, and I see how my poor phrasing led you to that conclusion.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #7947 on: December 27, 2020, 12:26:26 pm »
+4

My issue with Magi is how much it scales with player count. It gets exponentially stronger the more players there are.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

anordinaryman

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7948 on: December 27, 2020, 01:04:28 pm »
+3

Dispatch | Event | @4 (costs 4 debt)
Set aside an Action or Treasure card from the Supply costing up to $4. At the start of your next turn, play it. Each other player may Exile a copy of that card.

The concept behind dispatch is "I gain now, you gain later." There's certainly some cards that are worth getting in hand T2 -- trashers, sometimes gainers, even a silver on T1 to guarantee you get a 5 on turn 2. If it's the last copy in the Supply, no one else gets one -- it's like a cheap summon! Well, I lied in the beginning, it's not "I gain now." You never "gain" the card, although you get to put in in your Discard pile of next turn's clean-up phase. This means no on-gain triggers happen (like villagers from Lackeys), which means sometimes you want to buy a card, even if it's the last copy in the Supply. Most importantly, if you never gain the card, that means you never get to discard from Exile. So, if my opponent kindly Dispatched out a Village Green on their turn, and on my turn I do the same thing, I don't get to discard my Village Green from Exile.

Pricing this was difficult. At first it was $4, but then I saw that it made a huge unfair difference for 3/4 and 5/2, and I don't like introducing that much varying early on. Then I made it @5, but then this removed fun things like Dispatching a Silver to increase your payload (4/3 means you just open silver/4). At @4, you can now Dispatch a Silver, pay off your debts, and buy a 5 cost card. Everyone gets to open a 5 if this costs @4, and I like that equalizing effect. In order to differentiate it against Summon I removed triggering on-gain effects, and this also made it feel a little better to cost 4 debt. It also can gain treasures to differentiate it against Summon. And also, Summon doesn't give out copies to opponents. So, yeah, it's a different event.

Definitely open to feedback!

gambit05

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7949 on: December 27, 2020, 01:49:53 pm »
+1

Oh dear! I'm so sorry. I did not mean to imply you were ignorant or stupid. I was trying to say that I wasn't sure how to make those clearer. If anything, I was trying to suggest that I was too stupid to make my point any clearer, so I was just re-stating it.

Thank you so much for letting me know how my words made you feel. I do apologize. I really had no intention of that, and I see how my poor phrasing led you to that conclusion.

Now I would like to apologize. As I've written above, it was my perception from what I've read, but hey, this is the internet. I would say, there is no ill will intended from either side. Anyway, I am still grateful for the efforts you made to comment on my card. So, thanks again.

By the way, I like your Dispatch.

My issue with Magi is how much it scales with player count. It gets exponentially stronger the more players there are.

Unfortunately, this could be indeed a problem. An easy fix is to change "a copy of it" to "one or more copies of it". It looks a bit tame then, but it is only a $4 cost card. So, better that than allowing too much craziness. Thanks for your suggestion.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 21 queries.