Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1546688 times)

grrgrrgrr

• Explorer
  • Respect: +415
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #6375 on: July 21, 2020, 04:56:27 pm »
+2

An odd idea I first posted on the Discord in the "Variant" subcategory. Coincidentally, it fits like a glove within the rules of this week's contest, so hey, why not!

• Those blue spheres are not tokens, they are a vanishing-per-turn resource, just like Treasures are.
  • The 3 Shop Kingdoms do count toward a 3-piles ending, just like a Young Witch's Bane pile does.
  • There are no cost restriction on what can be on the shop mat. All 3 of them could thus be cards. Or King's Court might be on there. Anything goes!

Adding a new resource in this way seems really sketchy, why not use a wording like "You may spend $ to buy cards from the shop mat costing up to 3$ per Speciality Shop you have in play. If you do: +1$ per $ you spent"? It is still very similar, gameplay-wise, but much less messy.

You can simplify this as follows:

Specialty shop
This stays in play
-
Setup: Add 3 unused kingdom piles onto the Shop mat, each costing up to $9.

Shop
At the start of your Buy phase, you may gain a card from here that costs up to $3 per Specialty Shop you have in play.

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #6376 on: July 22, 2020, 12:39:22 am »

Well, relative to the original version this has an implicit extra Buy.

anordinaryman

• Duke
  • Respect: +502
    • View Profile
« Reply #6377 on: July 23, 2020, 11:37:11 am »
+2

Contest 81 Submission

Flea Market - Action - $3
+$2
During your buy phase this turn, you may buy cards from the Trash for $1 less than their cost but not less than $0.
-----------------------------
Setup: Put the top card of each Supply pile into the trash.

Flea Market is a terminal gold for cards in the trash. If you aren't buying things from the trash, it's a terminal silver, it doesn't even come with a buy, I mean what's the deal with that? Once there's nothing in the Trash, it's not so special. But in games with Flea Market, everything starts out in the trash. A two player game with Flea Market only has 7 provinces in the supply, one is available in the trash. There's also 9 curses in the supply, the 10th is hiding in the Trash. The edge case where you would want to buy a curse from the Trash is left as an exercise for the reader.

This card, like all cost reductions, likes +buys to accompany it. It also really likes trash for benefits. Remodel a province in hand to the last province, then buy back the Province you remodeled. The possibilities are endless. Games with Lurker + Flea Market are interesting. A double Lurker opening is actually viable on such boards. Flea Market impacts the game even if no one buys it, similar to Baker or any cards with heirlooms.

As always, I'm open to feedback on this card. I went through a lot of iterations of the bonus, I went with the simplest one. Another possibility would be bumping it up to +$3 and costing it 5 which could help reduce first player advantage, but I do like this card being cheap.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 11:44:43 am by anordinaryman »

grep

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +449
    • View Profile
« Reply #6378 on: July 23, 2020, 01:57:51 pm »
+1

+$2
During your buy phase this turn, you may buy cards from the Trash for $1 less than their cost but not less than $0.
Crazy with Necromancer or Graverobber, otherwise it looks pretty simple and balanced, roughly as disruptive as Tax. The price tag is probably too punishing for the 5-2 split, I suggest $4.

alion8me

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: alion8me
  • Respect: +178
    • View Profile
« Reply #6379 on: July 23, 2020, 02:16:47 pm »
+1

24 Hours Remaining

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
  • Respect: +1113
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #6380 on: July 23, 2020, 02:45:45 pm »

Oh woops, time does fly by. :D

Ok, so update to my submission:

I don't think it's going to budge now.
Bottom text

anordinaryman

• Duke
  • Respect: +502
    • View Profile
« Reply #6381 on: July 23, 2020, 04:33:29 pm »
+1

+$2
Crazy with Necromancer or Graverobber, otherwise it looks pretty simple and balanced, roughly as disruptive as Tax. The price tag is probably too punishing for the 5-2 split, I suggest $4.

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that if there's a card that's essential for the opening, the player with 5-2 can get absolutely screwed as they basically have a 3-2 opening while the other person as a 3-4. However; I disagree that Flea Market is an essential opening buy. The benefit of opening Flea Market is essentially it acts as a terminal gold for cards in the trash -- but why is that important? To help you get that expensive 5-cost card that starts in the trash. The player who opens 5-2 gets to buy that 5 cost card and play it in second shuffle! And if they want to, they can buy a Flea Market second shuffle and have the equal chance of being able to nab the second-best card in the trash.

The other reason to cost a card 4 is to prevent someone from opening w/ two of them. For example, Miser would be way more powerful if you could easily open 2 of them (although still not super strong. Maybe not the best example. Sea Hag would be horrendous at costing 3, a Sea Hag/Sea Hag opening leads to unfun games). I do not think there is any problem with someone opening Flea Market/Flea Market. Longterm they are polluting their deck with two terminal silvers right off the bat. There's reasons why a Black Market/Black Market opening is rare. Maybe Gladiator/Gladiator is the best comparison -- a terminal silver that can sometimes be a terminal gold. How many times have you opened double Gladiator? And if you did, was it game-breaking?

I see no problem with the card costing 3, and I like to cost the card the cheapest it can be that is balanced. I'll be sticking with the price of 3 for this. I am amenable to changing it to a 5-cost card that gives +$3, but I think the weaker version is a better, more interesting card.

Xen3k

• Tactician
  • Respect: +581
    • View Profile
« Reply #6382 on: July 23, 2020, 11:55:48 pm »
+1

Horse Wrangler - Action Duration - $3
Now and at the start of your next turn, gain a Horse.
-
Until the end of your next turn, if you have fewer than 3 Horses in Exile, when you play a Horse, Exile a Horse from its pile.

Original version had +1 action when played, but with the potential delayed card draws in the form of horses, I was worried it would just be an overly cheap Lab knock off.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 07:18:41 am by Xen3k »

[TP] Inferno

• Golem
  • I have no +Buys :(
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #6383 on: July 24, 2020, 05:02:47 am »

Contest 81 Submission

+$2

Flea Market is a terminal gold for cards in the trash. If you aren't buying things from the trash, it's a terminal silver, it doesn't even come with a buy, I mean what's the deal with that? Once there's nothing in the Trash, it's not so special. But in games with Flea Market, everything starts out in the trash. A two player game with Flea Market only has 7 provinces in the supply, one is available in the trash. There's also 9 curses in the supply, the 10th is hiding in the Trash. The edge case where you would want to buy a curse from the Trash is left as an exercise for the reader.

This card, like all cost reductions, likes +buys to accompany it. It also really likes trash for benefits. Remodel a province in hand to the last province, then buy back the Province you remodeled. The possibilities are endless. Games with Lurker + Flea Market are interesting. A double Lurker opening is actually viable on such boards. Flea Market impacts the game even if no one buys it, similar to Baker or any cards with heirlooms.

As always, I'm open to feedback on this card. I went through a lot of iterations of the bonus, I went with the simplest one. Another possibility would be bumping it up to +$3 and costing it 5 which could help reduce first player advantage, but I do like this card being cheap.
If there are a couple of Kingdom treasures or something, this gets crazy with Forager.
Counting House is the best card in the game. Change my mind.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #6384 on: July 24, 2020, 05:44:08 am »
+1

I didn't realize quite how easy it was to mock up cards now. Thanks @Violet CLM

Submission:

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #6385 on: July 24, 2020, 05:54:32 am »

I didn't realize quite how easy it was to mock up cards now. Thanks @Violet CLM

Submission:

Ha!

One potential issue with this is that you can react multiple times to the same reveal, if you can draw in between. So like reveal hand - play Smithy to draw Scout again, reveal again. Not sure how big of a problem this is, but it can certainly be quite powerful e.g. in Hunting Party decks.

Another undefined behaviour is discarding this to play itself. Is this possible? And if so, will it end up in the discard or in play?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 05:55:45 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3188
    • View Profile
« Reply #6386 on: July 24, 2020, 06:22:07 am »

I think it first goes into the discard pile and then into play, since you pay the cost (discard) and then get the effect (play this).

You're right about the multiple reveals – no idea whether it would be fun or annoying in practice.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #6387 on: July 24, 2020, 06:23:56 am »

Here's a submission:

Innkeeper - $4
Action - Reserve - Command

Gain a Gold. Put this on your Tavern mat.
-
When you play a Gold, you may call this, to play a non-Command Action from the supply, leaving it there.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #6388 on: July 24, 2020, 07:53:35 am »
+1

Arbiter
Action - $5
+1 Buy
-
While this is in play, when you gain a card that isn't a Treasure, gain a Gold

Marpharos

• Baron
  • Respect: +54
    • View Profile
« Reply #6389 on: July 24, 2020, 02:26:59 pm »

Not sure if this is in time but I've updated mine so it is an attack.

Updated Submission (maybe in time?)

Marooner
+$3
Exile this and another card from your hand. Each other player reveals the top card of their deck and discards it if it costs $3 or more.
-
When you discard this other than during Clean-up, you may reveal it and each other player with 4 or more cards in hand puts a card from their hand onto their deck.

There's a lot of text on the card, but I think I'm happier with how it is now.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 02:30:47 pm by Marpharos »

alion8me

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6390 on: July 24, 2020, 04:38:13 pm »
+1

I think this is a good place to put the absolute deadline for this week.

I'll have the results written up within 12 hours.

alion8me

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: July 24, 2020, 11:06:41 pm »
+5

Contest #81 Results

I wanted to use at least a bit of playtesting with my judging this week, but playing everybodys' cards just wasn't feasible. So, I picked the ones I thought were the best and then played those to decide on an actual winner. I'll comment on the ones I didn't test first before getting to those I have tested (which I am awarding honorable mentions) and ending with the one I have picked as the winner. Other than that though, these are in no particular order.

Scenic Route - grep

Scenic Route
$5 - Action
+2 Cards
If the previous card you have played this turn was not Scenic Route, +2 Actions.

While this is in play, you cannot buy Attack cards.

So, this is interesting. I like the way that the top does "Lost City, but weaker". However the bottom half doesn't feel great to me. In games without attacks, it does nothing to mitigate the power of the card, and in games with essential attacks either you can just buy some attacks before stocking up on these (with most attacks you don't want a ton of copies anyways, as many either don't stack or run out). I would really like to see the top half of this return someday with a different downside.

Moat - majiponi

Moat
cost $2 - Action - Reaction
+2 Cards
This turn, you are unaffected by other players' playing Attack cards.
---
When another player plays an Attack card, you may play this from your hand.

A moat variant. In 2-player games, almost strictly better than the official Moat (edge case: you cannot choose to be affected by another Attack). In 4-player game, for example, when Alice plays a Militia, you can draw and protect yourself "this turn"; you have to discard 3 cards when Bob plays another Militia.

I feel like this suffers from a variant of the attack-reflection problem - playing this out of your hand and completely no-selling an Attack is a very strong reaction effect, so in games with this the correct move may be for both players to avoid attacks and also Moat.

This dynamic doesn't occur in multiplayer though.

Waterwheel - mandioca15

Waterwheel (Action, $6)

+3 Cards
You may trash a card from your hand.
———
When you gain this, trash a card from your hand. If you didn’t, return this to its pile.

A big problem I have with this card is how expensive it is. It's basically a masquerade+, but its high cost ($6.5 because you need to actually have a card in hand to trash too, which will often be Copper) makes buying this for trashing purposes not a viable strategy much of the time. Buying it just as a draw card, however, is super underwhelming. I feel like this would work much better at $5, or perhaps at $4 with mandatory trashing.

I am a big fan of the below the line effect on this one, but I don't think the rest of the card works well with it.

Auramancer - spineflu

Auramancer • $2^ • Action
+$2
-
While this is in play, Actions with +$ amounts in their text are also Treasures.

I feel like you rarely will want to buy this card. Unless this lets you play 3 or more additional cards it is worse than a Festival. It costing a potion is a major opportunity cost, especially given that you don't really want more than 1 or 2 copies (at least they turn into silvers upon being played though). I can see there being games where it ends up playing an interesting role but I believe those will be relatively rare and usually pretty obvious.

Scouting Party - Jonatan Djurachkovitch

Scouting Party
Action-Reserve - 4$
+1 Action
Put this on your Tavern mat.
----------------------------------------------
You may call this before or after you resolve an Action to reveal the top 4 cards of your Deck: discard any number and put the rest back in any order.
When you gain this, put it on your Tavern mat.

This is like a Cartographer effect with the differences that a) it's not a cantrip but instead just a +1 Action and b) it can be saved for use whenever you want it most. I feel like you'll want to call this right after playing itself the majority of the time because this sort of sifting is pretty strong. The most interesting thing it does is how it gains itself to the tavern mat - with that, buying one for its ability to be used next turn seems like an interesting play to make.

Horseman - [TP] Inferno

Horseman
$3
Action-Reaction
+2 Cards
+1 Action
Discard 2 cards.
-------
When any player plays an Attack card, you may play this from your hand.
(+1 Action has no effect if it's not your turn)

I like the way that this lets you get a Village effect if you play an Attack card with it. However, the fact that it reduces your handsize combined with the rather specific reaction condition makes me feel as if it would be a better with a different top half that helps let it be an enabler more easily.

Pushy Salesman - LibraryAdventurer

Pushy Salesman
- Action - Duration - Attack
Now and at start of next turn: +, +1 Buy.
At the start of next turn: If no other player gained a curse since your last turn, +1 Coffers.
-
While this is in play, when another player ends their buy phase, they reveal their hand. If they have any unspent or unplayed treasures, they gain a curse and a copper.

This feels rather centralizing to me. It's like a Mountebank that, rather than being able to discard a curse to defend against, you have to give up control over building your deck. I wish the attack was less severe, or at least ran out eventually, so that taking this was more of an option.

It's also swingy in that you often don't have control over your exact coin production so whether your plans will be unaffected by this or not is up to chance a lot of the time.

Salt - Fragasnap

Salt
Types: Treasure, Duration
Cost: $3
$1. When you play this and at the start of your next turn: +1 Buy.
While this is in play, when you gain or trash a card costing at most $4, you may Exile it.

This is an interesting effect, but a bit niche. I feel like it would be better as a Silver+ that worked on $5 cards, in order to make it more universally something worth considering while still letting it be good where it is now.

Employ - LordBaphomet

Contracter [one per player]
+1 Card, +1 Action, exchange one of your Ally cards with another player's.

Watchman - Ally - Reaction
Discard a card. Draw up to 5 cards in hand.
-------------------------------------------
While this is on your ally mat, when you gain a card you may trash it.

Financier - Ally - Reaction
+1 Buy, +1$
--------------------
While this is on your ally mat, when you gain a treasure you may set this aside. If you do, play this and return this to your ally mat at the end of your turn.

Thug - Ally - Attack
+2 Cards, each other player with 4 or more cards in their hand discards one card.

Conman - Ally - Attack
+2$, Each other player takes 1 debt or gains a copper, their choice.

Craftsman - Ally
+1 Action, gain a card costing up to 3$.

Hag - Ally - Attack
Each other player gains a curse. You may trash a curse from your hand.

Tavernkeeper - Ally
+2 Cards, +2 Actions, discard 2 cards.

Courtesan - Ally - Victory
+3$, take your -1 card token.
-----------------
This is worth 2 VP if on your Allies mat at the end of the game.

Propagandist - Ally
+1 Action, +1 Buy, +1$
----------------------------------------------------
When this leaves your ally mat, take your -1$ token.
----------------------------------------------------------------
While this is on your ally mat, if you bought a victory card this turn, you may take 1 debt to gain 1VP.

Slaver - Ally - Curse
+3 Cards, +1 Buy
This is worth -2 VP if on your Allies mat at the end of the game

This is an interesting concept. I feel like there's too much going on here for how much depth it adds to the game though. It seems like a lot of the time the optimal play will be to use your first Employ each turn to take whatever Ally you want to play the others as - spending more than 1 Employ play in a turn taking Allies sounds like something that would be very difficult to justify, especially in multiplayer games.

I also agree with whoever else said that the VP at the end of the game shouldn't be on this type of card - as is it can potentially give a relatively easy 4VP to whoever ends the game in 2p.

Horse Wrangler - Xen3k

Horse Wrangler - Action Duration - $3
Now and at the start of your next turn, gain a Horse.
-
Until the end of your next turn, if you have fewer than 3 Horses in Exile, when you play a Horse, Exile a Horse from its pile.

This is an interesting take on Horses that I don't think I've seen before. It kind of worries me how much draw having 2 of these and playing them every turn adds to your deck though. (You get 5 Horses every turn for the cost of 1 terminal Action play each turn).

Scout - silverspawn

It's everyone's favourite Intrigue 1st edition outtake! Scout was usually not an actively bad card to have and the new Reaction effect combined with the low price makes me think that this is actually rather strong for a $2 cost. I like the way you can use this as a makeshift Village although I don't think its particularly good at that function.

A minor complaint is that the cheap price makes it easy to load up on and make each turn take forever, as the Scout effect takes a while to resolve.

Innkeeper - faust

Innkeeper - $4
Action - Reserve - Command

Gain a Gold. Put this on your Tavern mat.
-
When you play a Gold, you may call this, to play a non-Command Action from the supply, leaving it there.

This seems kind of crazy to me. The on-play effect is already decent, if a bit weak for its price (comparison with Leprechaun) but the reserve effect is so good considering that in games with this you will already easily have access to a lot of Golds, potentially letting you use a $4 terminal to play whatever terminal you want every turn. It is true that playing a bunch of these will dilute your hand, but that's easily ameliorated by the presence of TfB, which isn't uncommon. Even without TfB, dilution due to Golds isn't usually that bad because of how good a bunch of Golds are at buying things.

Arbiter
Action - $5
+1 Buy
-
While this is in play, when you gain a card that isn't a Treasure, gain a Gold

This is usually going to be at least "Gain a Gold" for $5, which isn't great by itself, but it's relatively easy to get 2 or 3 golds out of this. The main reason I'm not rating this higher is because of the crazy potential it has with things that gain a lot of cards - with Haggler or one of the Horse gainers it's very easy to get to 4 golds or more off of this card. You won't always want that many Golds but, as with Innkeeper, there's often TfB that can put them to good use.

Marooner
+$3
Exile this and another card from your hand. Each other player reveals the top card of their deck and discards it if it costs $3 or more.
-
When you discard this other than during Clean-up, you may reveal it and each other player with 4 or more cards in hand puts a card from their hand onto their deck.

I like the concept of a Stockpile-like attack. However, the on-play combined with the Reaction effect seems strong to me, and that makes me worry that games with this would often be very slow affairs. I don't think that there's anything wrong with it balance wise though.

Honorable Mention: Elite Village - D782802859

I really like how this makes building easier while being a pain during greening. However, the downside is just too harsh to consider taking this if there are any other decent Villages - when playing with this it's clear that putting more than one Victory card atop your deck (as one of the prime reasons to build up is to double-buy provinces) is just too harsh a downside. I think that this would be much improved if it did the Sea Hag thing so that it could only ever give you a 4 card hand - with that I think that the decision between going for this or not would be a lot more interesting.

Honorable Mention: Salesman - grrgrrgrr

The setup rule here is great - it can make a mediocre card great or a great card awesome but since it's only the +Buy token and not one of the others it can't make things completely broken. The event itself I didn't really think added much to the game though. Although the bottom half was a very clever way to ensure that it was always usable, it ultimately was just a slight increase in flexibility that didn't really require planning - the possibility of using Salesman doesn't make having Buys more enthralling than it normally is.

Runner-Up: Flea Market - anordinaryman

+$2

First, a technical note - the way this is worded, the cost reduction doesn't stack. This didn't matter in my tests and I doubt you'd often care about it though.

Using this as a building card was interesting. Using this leads to building differently than you would normally because of how good a deal you get via use of multiple buys, especially on cheaper cards.

However, it really suffers from wanting +Buys - using it as a terminal Gold isn't that great because of how it picks up from the trash most of the time. I also didn't get a chance to test this in multiplayer but I'm a bit worried about how it would do with more than 2 people. Even with these issues though, it still ended up creating a good game dynamic that felt unique.

Winner: Specialty Shop - X-tra

I remember seeing this on the variants part of the Discord a while back - I'm happy you didn't take my comments into account because it would be hard for me to pronounce it as winner if you had. Also I'm pretty convinced I was wrong now.

Playing with this just added a whole new dynamic to the game. It definitely has the capability to be game-warping (I experienced this) but it is in a good way because "buy Specialty Shop" is hardly a coherent strategy by itself - the timing of the buys and what to actually use it for are also key aspects.

It can also draw dud cards on the Shop mat in which case it's not fantastic - although putting one of these in play to gain cheap dud cards on a +Buy can still be a decent use.

The only thing I would do to change this would be to make it only put Kingdom card piles costing less than $6 - that way, no one can ever be locked out gaining a particular card completely (OK it can still happen in 6p but there are official cards that aren't great at 6p either so that doesn't concern me).

Results Summary:

Honorable Mentions: Elite Village by D782802859 and Salesman by grrgrrgrr

Runner-up: Flea Market by anordinaryman

Winner: Specialty Shop by X-tra

Overall this weeks cards were interesting, it was fun looking through all of these!

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #6392 on: July 25, 2020, 02:37:01 pm »

Thank you for picking my submission ! Sorry that’s all I can say right now, I’m on mobile and not at home. Contest will be posted around 8PM EST. Expect a better message than this hahaha ! :D
Bottom text

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #6393 on: July 25, 2020, 09:17:08 pm »
+1

CONTEST #82: 2 SCOOPS OF VANILLA, PLEASE
Create a card that has exactly 2 vanilla effects.

Alright, time for the next contest. Sorry for the wait! So you’ve got to make a card that has exactly 2 vanilla effects. No more or no less. The effects can be placed anywhere in the card. It could be as simple as Village where the effects are just there, unconditional. Or it could be like Nobles where there are 2 vanilla effects (+2 Actions, +3 Cards), but you can only pick one of them. So it’s just, by reading the card, you must read 2 vanilla effects, no matter their context, no matter where they are within the card's text, no matter if both or one of them is under a dividing line, no matter if they are only played on a subsequent turn, etc.

I know a vanilla effect is somewhat subjective, but for the sake of it, here’s what will be considered as one for this contest:
  • + Actions
  • + Cards
  • + Buys
  • + (or value given by Treasures)
  • + Coffers
  • + Villagers
  • + (VP tokens!)
I do not consider flat values as a vanilla effect for this competition. You may argue that it is a vanilla effect, but those are the rules for this week. I’ll let that one slide. For instance, Great Hall would be a valid candidate for this week’s competition (2 vanilla effects: +1 Card and +1 Action). Likewise, negative flat values are not considered as vanilla effects for the sake of this competition (only 3 cards bear that effect: Curse, Miserable and Twice Miserable).

Negative amount of a vanilla effect listed above also counts as a vanilla effect (except for - as mentioned above). For instance, Poor House would be a card that counts torward this week's contest (2 vanilla effects: + and -).

If you design a set of cards with more than 1 card in it (Traveller lines, split piles, shuffled piles like Knights, etc...), then only ONE of those cards must follow the rules of this contest; the rest of the cards in that set, they can be anything else.

Short list of valid cards:
  • Cavalry: +2 Cards and +1 Buy.
  • Coin of the Realm: and +2 Actions.
  • Conclave: + and +1 Action.
  • Council Room: +4 Cards and +1 Buy.
  • Lackeys: +2 Cards and +2 Villagers.
  • Plunder: and +1.

Short list of not valid cards:
  • Bishop: 3 vanilla effects, which is one too many (+, +1 and another +1).
  • Caravan: 3 vanilla effects, which is one too many (+1 Action, +1 Card and another +1 Card).
  • Harem: Only one vanilla effect ().
  • Lost Arts: Only one vanilla effect (+1 Action).
  • Merchant Guild: 3 vanilla effects, which is one too many (+1 Buy, + and +1 Coffers).
  • Merchant Ship: Only one vanilla effect (+).

As always, if you have questions about whether this or that would be valid/acceptable, ask away! And good luck everyone. ;)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 10:22:53 am by X-tra »
Bottom text

LordBaphomet

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: LordBaphomet
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: July 25, 2020, 11:28:20 pm »
+1

Once again: here is a comprehensive list of double vanillers:
Harbringer, Merchant, Village, Council Room, Lab, Sentry, Woodcutter, Spy
Shanty Town, Steward, Wishing Well, Baron, Bridge, Diplomat, Secret Passage, Upgrade, Nobles, Great Hall,
Haven, Lighthouse, Pearl Diver, Warehouse, Salvager, Wharf
Herbalist, Alchemist, Familiar
Trade Route, Monument, Contraband, Vault
Horse Traders, Hunting Party
Crossroads, Scheme, Nomad Camp, Cartographer, Highway, Inn, Margrave, Stables, Border Village
Poor House?, Vagrant, Urchin, Fortress, Wandering Minstrel, Bandit Camp, Counterfeit, Cultist, Mystic, Sir Bailey, Madman, Mercenary
Herald
Coin of the Realm, Page, Peasant, Ratcatcher, Dungeon, Guide, Magpie, Messenger, Port, Ranger, Giant, Lost City, Storyteller, Wine Merchant, Treasure Hunter, Champion, Fugutive
City Quarter, Encampment, Plunder, Patrician, Settlers, Bustling Village, Farmers market, Gladiator, Capital, Charm
Pixie, Ghost Town, Blessed Village, Conclave, Shepherd, Tragic Hero, Pouch
Will-O-Whisp, Zombie Apprentice, Zombie Spy, The Field's Gift, The Forest's Gift, 
Ducat, Lackeys, Experiment, Hideout, Mountain Village, Recruiter, Seer, Swashbuckler, Exploration,
Goatherd, Stockpile, Bounty Hunter, Cavalry, Groom, Holstery, Village Green, Barge, Coven, Paddock, Destrier, Wayfairer, Desperation, Way of he Horse, Mole, Monkey, Mule, Pig, Horse

For inspirational and reference needs!

Hail Satan, hail yourself!

grep

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +449
    • View Profile
« Reply #6395 on: July 26, 2020, 01:38:37 am »

I have an old card that perfectly fits the contest:

Way of the Coyote
You may discard a card for +2 Cards.
You may discard a card for +2 Actions.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #6396 on: July 26, 2020, 04:32:40 am »
+1

Ring
Treasure/Victory - $5
Worth $2
+1 Villager
---
Worth 2VP if you have 4 or more Villagers

Edit - Changed name and remembered to add a cost
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 11:07:17 pm by NoMoreFun »

herw

• Golem
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #6397 on: July 26, 2020, 08:34:59 am »

[...]
what about -1 ? Is this a „bonus” too (like a curse)?
... and what about + ?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 08:46:13 am by herw »

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #6398 on: July 26, 2020, 09:27:37 am »

[...]
... and what about + ?
Virtual Potions have obvious issues and negative VP tokens do not exist. You can emulate them via Exiling Curses or via giving each other player a VP token.

LordBaphomet

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: LordBaphomet
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: July 26, 2020, 10:00:49 am »

[...]
... and what about + ?
Virtual Potions have obvious issues and negative VP tokens do not exist. You can emulate them via Exiling Curses or via giving each other player a VP token.
Why do virtual potions have obvious issues?
Hail Satan, hail yourself!
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 21 queries.