Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1546219 times)

kru5h

• Duke
  • Respect: +372
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #5325 on: April 12, 2020, 08:21:20 pm »
+7

Cooper

These are cumulative, so getting a Copper from a Cooper gives you a Card, Action, Buy, and Coin.
This card is very flexible. It can be a Workshop. It can be a cantrip Silver gainer. It can be a Market that comes with a Copper as a penalty. Whatever you need at the moment.

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: April 13, 2020, 03:37:05 pm »
+2

Sparrow
Type: Action
Cost: $4

Choose one:
+2 Cards or +1 VP.

You may play a Sparrow from your hand.
-
When you buy this, put all Sparrows from your discard pile on the top of your deck.

Optimal_Inefficiency

• Swindler
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: April 13, 2020, 04:25:51 pm »
+2

Sexton — ($3)(Action)
You may discard a card from your deck. Look through your discard pile. Choose one: trash exactly 2 cards from your discard pile; or +1 Action and put a card from your discard pile into your hand.

Trasher or very nice cantrip, your choice. The only times (I can think of) this card would not be valuable would be if there are just a couple misfit cards in your discard (e.g. Curse and Province); or if the only Action/Treasure in the discard is another Sexton or a Harbinger.

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: April 13, 2020, 05:17:20 pm »

Sparrow

Choose one:
+2 Cards or +1 VP.

-
When you buy this, put all Sparrows from your discard pile on the top of your deck.
Nonterminal unconditional VP tokens have an obvious Golden Deck abuse potential. Sure, it is no cantrip but with some draw power you can get more than 5VPs per turn.

spheremonk

• Bishop
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: April 14, 2020, 01:50:18 am »

FAQ: Each other player turns their hand over, shuffles it, and deals a card off the top (or maybe best practice would be for you to pick a card from their face-down hand?). Rules for highest cost use the FAQ for Chariot Race (including the rule that if you tie, you lose).

I KNOW: That’s a lot of words! And what’s with players shuffling their HANDS?

I would greatly appreciate any other feedback.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:51:25 am by spheremonk »

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: April 14, 2020, 06:11:36 am »
+2

If you play 5, your opponent has a 0 card hand?  ???

Rhodos

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: Card Master
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: April 14, 2020, 07:34:50 am »
+2

A non-terminal trasher, that works similar to Sentry. If you trash something more valuable, it turns into a better Lab until someone else takes the Tunic.

(I wanted the Tunic to also effect the Friar that took the Tunic. But this version seems easier to understand and probably causes less confusion.)

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
  • Respect: +1113
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #5332 on: April 14, 2020, 10:56:00 am »
+2

This entry has been modified as of 2020-04-16

Modifying my entry a little bit. It is now, in my opinion, less swingy and now plays the same regardless of the number of players. So overall, I believe this is better.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 08:35:34 am by X-tra »
Bottom text

spheremonk

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: April 14, 2020, 11:39:48 am »

If you play 5, your opponent has a 0 card hand?  ???

Yup, that's awful.  Amazing how many times I changed the card and still missed the obvious. I'll fix it. Thinking . . .

Thanks for the help, pubby!

spheremonk

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: April 14, 2020, 12:04:24 pm »
+3

THIS REPLACES THE VERSION ABOVE

FAQ: Rules for highest cost use the FAQ for Chariot Race (including the rule that if you tie, you lose). If no other player reveals a card, your card cost the most (you win).

Substantially edited thanks to pubby setting me straight. Discard is now optional and selected by opponent (potentially setting up some tortured decisions), and the cost has been reduced to $3. 

« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:21:43 pm by spheremonk »

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: April 14, 2020, 12:40:52 pm »

THIS REPLACES THE VERSION ABOVE

FAQ: Rules for highest cost use the FAQ for Chariot Race (including the rule that if you tie, you lose). If no other player reveals a card, your card cost the most (you win).

Substantially edited thanks to pubby setting me straight. Discard is now optional and selected by opponent (potentially setting up some tortured decisions), and the cost has been reduced to $3.

This shouldn't be an Attack anymore.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

spheremonk

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: April 14, 2020, 01:23:23 pm »

I thought about it before I reposted, believed I could argue either side (still do), and wanted Reactions to play. That said, out of respect for your opinion (I’ve been reading this blog for a while and do respect it), I have removed the Attack type. Thanks a bunch for your input.   

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: April 14, 2020, 01:32:16 pm »
+1

I thought about it before I reposted, believed I could argue either side (still do), and wanted Reactions to play. That said, out of respect for your opinion (I’ve been reading this blog for a while and do respect it), I have removed the Attack type. Thanks a bunch for your input.

Well, it's optional, so it's like making Vault an Attack. And it would make Champion and Lighthouse harmful because you wouldn't be able to discard to it if you had a Lighthouse or Champion in play.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Supernova888

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: Supernova888
  • Respect: +27
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: April 14, 2020, 01:39:42 pm »
+2

Pseudo-terminal due to it being Command. I've had an idea for a card like this for a while; glad I get a chance to take a crack at it!
(You discard the card after you play the card from the Supply; goes by the convention of card instructions happening in order.)

Palm Reader • $4 • Action-Command
---
Play a non-Command Action card from the Supply costing up to $5 (leaving it there).
If it costs $4 or more, discard a card.

spheremonk

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: April 14, 2020, 02:04:32 pm »

Well, it's optional, so it's like making Vault an Attack. And it would make Champion and Lighthouse harmful because you wouldn't be able to discard to it if you had a Lighthouse or Champion in play.

There is no clear definition of the Attack type and the decision you give your opponent is certainly attack-ish. It’s not like Vault  – with Vault the opponent never has two bad options, as there is no consequence for not discarding.

That said, your point about Champion and Lighthouse makes my version of the card silly under those circumstances. You’re right: the card is better without the Attack type. 

segura

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5340 on: April 14, 2020, 02:15:48 pm »
+1

Pseudo-terminal due to it being Command. I've had an idea for a card like this for a while; glad I get a chance to take a crack at it!
(You discard the card after you play the card from the Supply; goes by the convention of card instructions happening in order.)

---
Play a non-Command Action card from the Supply costing up to $5 (leaving it there).
This inverse BoM is obviously far too good. For example, if Laboratory is in the Kingdom, Palm Reader is strictly better (well, not really, the Lab pile could be empty) than Fugitive.
It is cool to try an emulator that emulates more expensive cards but the downside has to be far harsher than merely discarding a card. Gee, you gotta compensate for the jump from $4 to $5 as well as the flexibility.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: April 14, 2020, 02:39:51 pm »
+1

---
This inverse BoM is obviously far too good. For example, if Laboratory is in the Kingdom, Palm Reader is strictly better (well, not really, the Lab pile could be empty) than Fugitive.
It is cool to try an emulator that emulates more expensive cards but the downside has to be far harsher than merely discarding a card. Gee, you gotta compensate for the jump from $4 to $5 as well as the flexibility.

I think this would work at ; and be pretty similar in strength to BoM.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: April 15, 2020, 02:48:27 am »
+2

Interchange
Action - $4
+2 Cards
If you have Actions remaining, +2 Actions
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 09:00:57 pm by NoMoreFun »

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: April 15, 2020, 08:34:06 am »
+2

24-ish hours for submissions.

Sorcerer
Types: Action, Command
Cost: $6
Play a non-Command Action card from the Supply costing up to $4, leaving it there. If the card has no +Cards amount in its text, +1 Action.
Are both "+1 Card" and "+2 Cards" "+Cards amount"? I will assume yes.

Informer
The player to your left reveals cards from their deck until they reveal a non-Command, non-Duration Action card. You may play it, leaving it there. If you didn't, +$2.
What does the player to your left do with the cards they revealed? Because it is not an Attack, I will assume the Action is put on top and the rest are discarded.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

X-tra

• Witch
  • Text under avatar
  • Respect: +1113
    • View Profile
    • a
« Reply #5344 on: April 15, 2020, 08:53:33 am »
+1

Informer
The player to your left reveals cards from their deck until they reveal a non-Command, non-Duration Action card. You may play it, leaving it there. If you didn't, +$2.
What does the player to your left do with the cards they revealed? Because it is not an Attack, I will assume the Action is put on top and the rest are discarded.

The default case of not mentioning where the card goes is them being put back where they were revealed from; in this case, it's back onto the deck. But your question actually raised alarms in my head. In practice, it'll be tedious to put everything back how it was, especially if there is a reshuffle. I will edit my entry once more to make sure that awkward reveal scenario plays better.
Bottom text

segura

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: April 15, 2020, 01:25:47 pm »

Interchange
Action - $4
+$2
If you have Actions remaining, +2 Actions
This seems weaker than Conclave as it needs another village to work. With another village and this as „sidekick“ or „spicer“ it is situationally stronger than Conclave.

grrgrrgrr

• Explorer
  • Respect: +415
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: April 15, 2020, 02:44:02 pm »
+1

Sorcerer
Cost: $6
Play a non-Command Action card from the Supply costing up to $4, leaving it there. If the card has no +Cards amount in its text, +1 Action.
Are both "+1 Card" and "+2 Cards" "+Cards amount"? I will assume yes.
Your assumption is correct.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Contest #69: Pseudo-terminal
« Reply #5347 on: April 15, 2020, 07:18:02 pm »
+7

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: April 16, 2020, 07:22:38 am »

Sparrow

Choose one:
+2 Cards or +1 VP.

-
Nonterminal unconditional VP tokens have an obvious Golden Deck abuse potential. Sure, it is no cantrip but with some draw power you can get more than 5VPs per turn.
It is easier to buy a Duchy than to play a Sparrow three times. The VP token is a small unique vanilla bonus to adjust the $4 price tag ($ 3 wonʼt work and I did not want just a stripped-down Cultist for $ 4, so choose one was obvious). I believe, + 1VP is a novel addition for a pseudo terminal (better than, e. g. +1 Buy, which is heavily overused). If you have drawn enough cards to buy a Province, you can use your remaining Sparrows for extra VPs. Plunder / Monument in Capitalism / Groundskeeper are a way more abusable.

This looks like an early prototype of Sculptor, maybe too strong, because gaining Silver + Villager is already very good.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 07:33:47 am by King Leon »

Something_Smart

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: S_Smart
  • Respect: +185
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: April 16, 2020, 11:02:04 am »
+1

Yes I know two highways can autopile them. You get a really awesome next turn (though you can't set it up to include any cards you have in play!), but then you have a deck full of these.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.