Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1546509 times)

somekindoftony

• Bishop
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #4600 on: January 26, 2020, 11:18:37 pm »
+1

I think my previous version of gizmo was too strong. Here is a weaker version. At least I think its weaker. I needed it to gain the card to your hand when trashed so that you didn't get stuck in a gizmo loop playing multiple gizmos forever.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:19:53 pm by somekindoftony »

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: January 29, 2020, 07:28:41 am »

Scribe
Types: Action
Cost: $4
+1 Action, +$1. Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. The player to your left chooses an Action card from the revealed cards. Discard the rest, then play that card.
The large amount of sifting makes it look more like a Wandering Minstrelish+ than a Bazaar-.  I concur that this would be on the weaker-half of $5-cost cards but is surely too strong in the average case at $4 due to the guaranteed non-terminal nature of it.

Palace Garden
Types: Action, Victory
Cost: $6
2VP
Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal an Action. Discard the rest. Play it twice, trash it, and gain a card costing up to $2 more than it.
The order of this is wrong per Distant Lands, Island, Mill, and Nobles: List the Action effect, horizontal rule, and then the Victory value (colors are swapped too).  This ought to follow Procession's lead either skipping Duration cards or trashing them only when they leave play.
The only thing bad about Remodeling Actions is that you don't get to play the Actions, but this plays them twice while Remodeling them, and acts as the perfect intermediary to Remodel your $4 Actions into Palace Gardens that later turn into Provinces.  That. Is. Bonkers.  It would honestly be weaker if it cost $5 (though I'd reduce its Victory points to 1VP).
I think when you originally posted this it had to gain a Victory card and it lost that when you rejiggered the wording.  Was that an intentional omission or am I remembering incorrectly? Only Remodeling into Victory cards would be an improvement, but doesn't change the wild power of Out-of-Hand-Throne Room-$4→Palace Garden to Out-of-Hand-Throne Room-Palace Garden→Province.  If it can only gain Victory cards, I'd still bump this up to $7 just because Palace Gardens→Palace Gardens is ridiculously good.

Sword
Types: Treasure
Cost: $5
When you play this, choose one: +$2; or reveal the top card of your deck, and play it if it's an Action or a Treasure.
I second GendoIkari that choosing between Silver and "Maybe Village" is bad for a $5-cost.  Changing as little as possible would be to make it a $5 Treasure-Vassal (always produce $2, always discard, always play if an Action), but those changes emphasize the card's similarity to Vassal, but without the excitement of the VassalVassal dream.
Thematically it is odd, too, being a weapon that isn't an Attack (unless you mean "Ceremonial Sword").

Machine
+2 Cards. Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's an Action, play it, otherwise trash it.
"+3 Cards. Trash a bad card," is crazy at $4.  "+3 Cards, +1 Action," is crazy at $4.  "+3 Cards. Trash a good card," is awful at any price.  The pass\fail of this card is too large a gap: It is too powerful to ignore and too random to control, which would cause games to degenerate into the flip of the Machine.

Clown
Types: Action, Attack
Choose one: +$2; or each other player reveals their deck until they reveals an Action card. Then, you choose one of the revealed Action cards to play, leaving it there. Each other player discards the revealed cards afterwards.
This should probably be a Command card that finds a non-Command card so you don't end up with Clown→Clown→Clown, as unlikely as that might be to occur.  Tracking could also become a headache if it plays Duration cards.
I think these sorts of Attack cards need some way to ensure that it doesn't just pull players closer to their shuffles.  Getting a choice between +$2 and the Attack-and-Command effect seems kind of pointless, as you would never buy Clown if you intended to choose +$2.  I'd either nix the +$2 completely or make the +$2 a choice instead of playing another player's card (the latter of which would make it invalid for the contest).  I also don't like how much stronger it becomes in multiplayer for the added flexibility.

Maester
Types: Action, Command
Name two differently named non-Command Action cards in the Supply. The player to your left chooses one of them for your to play, leaving it there.
Maester should "Choose two differently named..." instead of "Name two differently named..."
I think that too many Kingdoms will make this too safe.  A lot of Kingdoms have a reasonable 2-card redundancy (choose Journeyman or Embassy) or a spam-friendly card (choose Laboratory or Journeyman) which make Maester an easy throw-away $4 buy which will circumstantially drag the pace of the game down as you're constantly choosing cards that another player also has to choose.  A Potion cost might be a better limiter.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

Saul Goodman

• Navigator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: January 29, 2020, 12:14:25 pm »
+2

Good suggestions/catches, Fragasnap!  Here is the updated version (v.1.3 Palace Garden). Changed it back to only remodeling to Victory cards, and corrected the format/order. 

PG--->PG--->Province is indeed powerful.  But a $6 card should get you something pretty good, no?  I think its lack of control (what am I going to throne/destroy?) and options (what can I get when I do? Only Victories?) seem to balance out the cost.  So leaving it at $6 for now.

Thanks for the feedback!

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #4603 on: January 29, 2020, 12:20:39 pm »

we coming up on the 24hr mark?

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: January 29, 2020, 12:49:58 pm »
+2

Due to travel this week, I'm not going to have a chance to come up with something new, BUT, I realized that this week's challenge affords me the opportunity to solve one of the biggest issues with my entry for last week. So, while I don't expect this will win, I'm pleased to introduce this latest version of Siege Tower:

Basically, since the card limits you to playing non duration attack cards, it would often not hit. But the Automaton challenge neatly resolves that (though if you have more than one attack, you won't know necessarily know which one you'll get).

(and if you haven't yet gained the other attack or it's out of commission, e.g. currently in play, it's a cantrip with a minor attack)

It seems people didn't love the setup clause, so I went ahead and removed it. I'd probably still add something in the FAQ, that it's recommended to play with other Attack cards - I think that's perfectly acceptable for fan cards to have "quirkiness", similar to promo cards - think of Stash, for example, having a different back!

One minor syntax question - is "if you don't" enough, or does it need the full "if you don't reveal any non-Duration attack card this way"? I'm hopeful it is as there is already enough text on this cards.

Other feedback, as always, is welcome (and encouraged!)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:59:40 pm by scolapasta »
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #4605 on: January 29, 2020, 01:00:13 pm »
+1

So it's Cellar but it only draws Actions but it plays the Actions for you so it's a Village. It's probably worse than Cellar in a deck with non-action junk to sift through but in a deck with little junk this could be quite a powerful Village.

mandioca15

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +237
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: January 29, 2020, 01:37:50 pm »
+1

I've decided to change my entry, to make it worthier of the $5 tag.

Sword (Treasure, $5)

+$2
When you play this, reveal the top card of your deck. If it's an Action or Treasure, play it; otherwise, discard it.

This gives you a little sifting if you get unlucky with the reveal.

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: January 29, 2020, 02:22:54 pm »

Sword (Treasure, $5)

+$2
When you play this, reveal the top card of your deck. If it's an Action or Treasure, play it; otherwise, discard it.

This is nearly as good as a double Peddler. Compare it with Venture which is a Treasure-Peddler that only draws yellow to realize why this is OP.

mandioca15

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: January 29, 2020, 03:02:17 pm »

Sword (Treasure, $5)

+$2

This is nearly as good as a double Peddler. Compare it with Venture which is a Treasure-Peddler that only draws yellow to realize why this is OP.

Hmm. Would this work better as a $6, or if it was limited to playing only Action/Treasure?

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: January 29, 2020, 04:56:18 pm »

Sword (Treasure, $5)

+$2

Hmm. Would this work better as a $6, or if it was limited to playing only Action/Treasure?
Probably better as only playing Actions at $5 so there's no recursive case

grep

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +449
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: January 29, 2020, 05:31:05 pm »
+2

24 hour warning

Thanks spineflu, I've missed the moment

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: January 29, 2020, 09:09:00 pm »

Clown
Choose one: +$2; or each other player reveals their deck until they reveals an Action card. Then, you choose one of the revealed Action cards to play, leaving it there. Each other player discards the revealed cards afterwards.
This should probably be a Command card that finds a non-Command card so you don't end up with Clown→Clown→Clown, as unlikely as that might be to occur.  Tracking could also become a headache if it plays Duration cards.
I think these sorts of Attack cards need some way to ensure that it doesn't just pull players closer to their shuffles.  Getting a choice between +$2 and the Attack-and-Command effect seems kind of pointless, as you would never buy Clown if you intended to choose +$2.  I'd either nix the +$2 completely or make the +$2 a choice instead of playing another player's card (the latter of which would make it invalid for the contest).  I also don't like how much stronger it becomes in multiplayer for the added flexibility.
Clown->Clown->Clown->... infinite chain doesn't happen. Read very carefully. When you play 2nd Clown from your opponent's deck, 2nd Clown is removed from her deck (it is "revealed", not in deck). I made Clown an Attack so that you can moat because someone dislikes Tribute-like "non-Attack". Tracking could also be trouble when you Necromancer to play Necromancer to play an Durations. +$2 is needed to stop other player's going Money-only boring strategy. Adding flexibility is limited, since both Alice and Bob may reveal Smithies. I also like Jester-like boosting.

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: January 30, 2020, 09:21:50 am »

Clown
Clown->Clown->Clown->... infinite chain doesn't happen. Read very carefully. When you play 2nd Clown from your opponent's deck, 2nd Clown is removed from her deck (it is "revealed", not in deck). I made Clown an Attack so that you can moat because someone dislikes Tribute-like "non-Attack". Tracking could also be trouble when you Necromancer to play Necromancer to play an Durations. +$2 is needed to stop other player's going Money-only boring strategy. Adding flexibility is limited, since both Alice and Bob may reveal Smithies. I also like Jester-like boosting.

Isn't a card revealed from the top of the deck still on top of the deck?
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

Saul Goodman

• Navigator
  • Respect: +45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: January 30, 2020, 10:25:36 am »

Due to travel this week, I'm not going to have a chance to come up with something new, BUT, I realized that this week's challenge affords me the opportunity to solve one of the biggest issues with my entry for last week. So, while I don't expect this will win, I'm pleased to introduce this latest version of Siege Tower:

Basically, since the card limits you to playing non duration attack cards, it would often not hit. But the Automaton challenge neatly resolves that (though if you have more than one attack, you won't know necessarily know which one you'll get).

(and if you haven't yet gained the other attack or it's out of commission, e.g. currently in play, it's a cantrip with a minor attack)

It seems people didn't love the setup clause, so I went ahead and removed it. I'd probably still add something in the FAQ, that it's recommended to play with other Attack cards - I think that's perfectly acceptable for fan cards to have "quirkiness", similar to promo cards - think of Stash, for example, having a different back!

One minor syntax question - is "if you don't" enough, or does it need the full "if you don't reveal any non-Duration attack card this way"? I'm hopeful it is as there is already enough text on this cards.

Other feedback, as always, is welcome (and encouraged!)

I like the revisions, here!  Also, imo, "If you don't" is fine.

naitchman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +260
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: January 30, 2020, 10:27:51 am »

Scribe
+1 Action, +$1. Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. The player to your left chooses an Action card from the revealed cards. Discard the rest, then play that card.
The large amount of sifting makes it look more like a Wandering Minstrelish+ than a Bazaar-.  I concur that this would be on the weaker-half of $5-cost cards but is surely too strong in the average case at $4 due to the guaranteed non-terminal nature of it.

I'm not sure of your logic. First of all, it compares very well to bazaar bc if it hits an action, it is essentially +1 card, +2 actions, +$1 (which is bazaar). Yes it does sift, but sifting isn't usually as beneficial in an engine (where I would expect this card to be bought), due to the fact that you're likely drawing your deck every turn anyway. This sifting is not the same as warehouse where you draw good and discard bad, it's more like navigator or chancellor where you just discard cards off of your deck.

Second, here is a small list of other non-terminal sifters that cost $4 or less
1) Wandering Minstrel (sifts 1-4)
2) Ironmonger (sifts 2 or more cards)
3) Night watchmen (sifts 0-5)
4) Advisor (sifts 3)

Third, this is definitely not strictly better than wandering minstrel. Here are some camparisons
1)if your top 3 cards contain no actions- both discard the top 3, WM gives you +1 card +2 actions (village), Scribe gives you +1 action +$1 (copper). Neither is strictly better, but WM will usually be more helpful.
2)if your top 3 cards contain 1 action- WM topdecks the action (discarding the others). net result is +1 card +2 actions and 2 sifted cards. Scribe plays the action. net result is +1 card +2 actions +$1 and 2 cards sifted. So scribe would usually be better in this case
3)if your top 3 cards contain 2 or 3 actions- WM topdecks the actions (in order you choose).  net result is +1 card +2 actions (plus some deck inspection and rearrangement, which is helpful in an engine). Scribe plays the worst action. net result is +1 card +2 actions +$1 and 2 cards sifted (not good sifting, because it's cards that you wanted.) This is highly situational and it's hard to say either is better in this case.
WM's advantage is the fact that it keeps the actions (which are the cards you need to continue the engine).

mandioca15

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: January 30, 2020, 01:40:41 pm »
+1

Will tweak my entry again, hopefully for the final time.

Sword (Treasure, $5)

+$2
When you play this, reveal the top card of your deck. If it's an Action, play it; otherwise, discard it.

grep

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: January 30, 2020, 08:36:20 pm »
+1

Judging time!

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822301#msg822301
Scribe by Natchman
An Advisor village puts some decision pressure on the opponent - sometimes, their power is quite limited. Unless an unhappy case with no Actions revealed, it's a non-hand-reducing sifter, comparable to Forum with an extra action. I would buy it for $5 most of the time.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822343#msg822343
Machine by 4est
Lookout on steroids. Starts as a mild trasher, comparable to Lab in midgame, it becomes extremely scary when you buy the first Province, thanks to self-chaining. There are not many ways to arrange the card at depth 3 of the deck, which makes this card much less predictable than Herald or even Patrician. Cool but really chaotic.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822352#msg822352
Privateer by D782802859
Discarding the top Action of a player sounds attackish, and as only one opponent is affected, it becomes political. On average, the profit doesn't worth the effort, even if their average Action costs more than $4, there is a discount for unpredictability. Nice solution of the Duration/Reserve problem.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822376#msg822376
Epic Tale by NoMoreFun
Epic supervillage that would suck all your virtual money and potentially play and draw all your desk (if some coins left after drawing, they will evaporate). About as strong as City Quarter, and as it tends to leave the player without a penny, I would put the same epic price tag <8>
Honorable Mention

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822385#msg822385
Servant by [TP] Inferno
Play this, or if you don't like it, play something else. It's a village with a guaranteed Action to play, which is at least a strong $5, and the option makes it even stronger. I would like it better if it didn't give automatic +Action

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822416#msg822416
Sigil by Aquila
A novel approach to Big Money: schedule all the necessary drawers and +Buys for the next turn at Buy time. As it's a Duration, you need a double set of Sigils to make this strategy work, so it is not overpowered. I like Saul Goodman's artwork.
Top Four

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822419#msg822419
Clown by majiponi
Special multiplayer fun! Probably too weak in a two player game for the same reason as Privateer. I assume that the mechanics issue can be overcome with some clever rewording.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822454#msg822454
Trumpeter by mail-mi
At first sight, this Lab-Adventurer hybrid doesn't look strong, but it might be a proper fix for not very well constructed desks. Thinking of it as a mega-Pawn.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822534#msg822534
Heir by spineflu
Variant of royalty with an unusually strong on-buy effect. Elegant solution for a problem of too much money too early, or a kick for a megaturn. As the cards are discarded one by one, there is no provability problem.
Top Four

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822548#msg822548
Maester by Gubump
You know when you want it. Extremely strong in some kingdoms, while not very playable in others. Potion costs demands necessary commitment to ensure that it won't be picked up opportunistically. For strategists.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822566#msg822566
Retainers by Fragasnap
Wow, blind Conclave! Stronger than the original, as it gives virtual +2 cards instead of $2. I like how it chains with itself without choking, but still limiting the power. Debt costs enables it pretty early, which might be too disruptive with 5/2 split. Regardless of this defect,
Top Four

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822618#msg822618
Gizmo by somekindoftony
This one runs on heavy fuel! You need a strong supply of Action cards, maybe some kind of Workshop, to make it efficient. Or maybe you want to burn the engine quickly for rapid greening (as it is not affected by the green density). I am not sure about the usefulness of the on trash benefit.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822822#msg822822
Palace Garden by Saul Goodman
Turn your $4 Action into a Palace Garden and then into a Province - and all of this chainable, as PGs like to ignite each other. Pretty strong megaturn opportunity, so having a few PGs is a much stronger necessity than, say, Farmlands. Just build your deck without those pesky $3s that tend to turn into Duchies. Ka-Boom!
Top Four

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822826#msg822826
Siege Tower by scolapasta
Guaranteed heavy bombardment! This makes Attacks extremely powerful, and changes the overall pattern of the game. Usually there is no more than one or two Attack piles in the game that makes this card quite deterministic (and unlikely to shoot into your own leg)
Honorable Mention

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822831#msg822831
Wine Cellar by Gazbag
The only village you need after thinning the deck, but not very useful in the beginning and in clogs. Having enough Action density, you will probably start the turn from discarding the whole hand to Wine Cellar.
Honorable Mention

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822881#msg822881
Sword by mandioca15
A chance to squeeze a few extra coins from an odd Action. It likes engines, but it's a Treasure, so engines don't like it much - nice dilemma. But you probably still want it if the engine cards don't give enough virtual money.

Winner: Heir by spineflu
Runner-up: Sigil by Aquila

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: January 30, 2020, 09:30:03 pm »
+1

Thank you so much, grep!
Contest #60: Design a card named "Judge"

I was reading the secret history of Nocturne and a thing that stuck out to me was Vampire / Bat were designed name-first. DXV has said in the endless interview thread that he doesn't usually do that (but Guided By Voices, a band he likes, sometimes does).

So.
Design a card/card-like-thing named "Judge". It can be part of a heirloom pair, or traveller line, or just a kingdom card, or a prize, a hex, a boon?, an artifact, an event, whatever (if it goes with other cards, please submit those too). Maybe it's a verb and it's a remake/remodel variant. Maybe you lean into the Empires theme and do a colosseum thumbs-up/thumbs-down thing. Maybe it's a Count or Throne variant. Go nuts.

one request is you keep it to types that exist in the game so far other than Curses, Castles, and Knights (the former because i hate the endless and recurring "is it the title or the type" thread derailment, the latter two because it's not clear what that would mean and the WDC thread isn't the place to decide what it would mean). If you want to design a ruin, that's fine.

Judging criteria will be viability in a game, creativity, and thematic cohesion ("Judge: $4 Action, +3 Cards " isn't thematic.)

Godspeed. Use the Fan Card Creation Guide if you need it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:02:13 pm by spineflu »

somekindoftony

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: January 30, 2020, 10:20:57 pm »
+1

Help with wording appreciated;

I'm also not certain of the cost.

[TP] Inferno

• Golem
  • I have no +Buys :(
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: January 30, 2020, 10:57:24 pm »
+1

Judge (how original haha)
$5
Action-Attack
+2 Cards
+1 Action
Each other player gains a Copper.
If you have at least one other Attack card in play, discard a card.

It's a Lab that kinda hurts other people, but it doesn't like you being mean to people. You can't play multiples without it turning into a Fugitive. Thematically, if you have Attacked people, it finds you 'guilty' and makes you discard a card. Also hypocritical and kinda corrupt.

Also, feedback is welcome as nowadays, I only get feedback until judging and by then it's too late. If I can improve it beforehand, it will help me heaps. Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:44:56 am by [TP] Inferno »
Counting House is the best card in the game. Change my mind.

grep

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4620 on: January 30, 2020, 11:31:28 pm »
+2

Nice challenge!

Judge
$5 - Action - Reserve - Reaction
+1 Card, +1 Action, +$1
You may put this on the tavern mat.
-
When another player plays an Attack card, you may call this for +2 Coffers.

A peddler that can disincentivize attackers, giving the victim some restitution (but not saving from the attack itself). The art represents https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dee

Edit: Retracted. See http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg822924#msg822924 instead
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 01:16:07 pm by grep »

somekindoftony

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: January 31, 2020, 12:27:12 am »
+1

$5
Action-Attack
+2 Cards
+1 Action
+1 Buy
If you have an Attack card in play, discard a card.

It's a Lab that kinda hurts other people, but it doesn't like you being mean to people. You can't play multiples without it turning into a sifting Market Square. Thematically, if you have Attacked people, it finds you 'guilty' and makes you discard a card. Also hypocritical and kinda corrupt.

Also, feedback is welcome as nowadays, I only get feedback until judging and by then it's too late. If I can improve it beforehand, it will help me heaps. Thanks. :)

I think you mean to say
"If you have another Attack card in play, discard a card."
Otherwise the card would count itself I think and always force a discard.
 But then that would be quite strong - arguably much better than a standard lab.
Maybe what you mean to say is for every attack card in play (including this) discard a card. But then that would potentially be crippling if you played multiples.

Could you have meant that you just want it to discard one card?

[TP] Inferno

• Golem
  • I have no +Buys :(
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: January 31, 2020, 02:43:41 am »
+1

$5
Action-Attack
+2 Cards
+1 Action
+1 Buy
If you have an Attack card in play, discard a card.

It's a Lab that kinda hurts other people, but it doesn't like you being mean to people. You can't play multiples without it turning into a sifting Market Square. Thematically, if you have Attacked people, it finds you 'guilty' and makes you discard a card. Also hypocritical and kinda corrupt.

I think you mean to say
"If you have another Attack card in play, discard a card."
Otherwise the card would count itself I think and always force a discard.
 But then that would be quite strong - arguably much better than a standard lab.
Maybe what you mean to say is for every attack card in play (including this) discard a card. But then that would potentially be crippling if you played multiples.

Could you have meant that you just want it to discard one card?

It doesn't count itself and only discards one card. I will thus make it weaker.
Counting House is the best card in the game. Change my mind.

mandioca15

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: January 31, 2020, 04:10:55 am »
+2

Judge (Action, $4)

+$2
———
When you gain or trash this, move the Sanction token to a Supply pile. Cards from that pile cost $2 more (after cost reductions).

An Embargo/Flag Bearer hybrid, with a lesser penalty than Embargo. Could backfire on TfB boards...

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: January 31, 2020, 07:23:03 am »

Judge (Action, $4)

+$2
———
When you gain or trash this, move the Sanction token to a Supply pile. Cards from that pile cost $2 more (after cost reductions).

An Embargo/Flag Bearer hybrid, with a lesser penalty than Embargo. Could backfire on TfB boards...
This can get away with prices of $2 and $3 as, unlike Flag Bearer, this has a global effect (which is mainly relevant in non-mirrors).
You can also try a version that moves the Sanction token on play (again, the effect is not that nasty).
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.