Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1546523 times)

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #3875 on: October 25, 2019, 12:18:10 pm »
+1

Not sure about Blacksmith's strength, also forgot to include the heirloom on the card.
In a vacuum, Blacksmith is weaker than Catacombs.
But via Blacksmith you are more likely to get the Villager via Tool.
Yet I don't think that this pushes the card from "similar to Catacombs and thus a $5" into $6 territory.

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #3876 on: October 25, 2019, 12:36:25 pm »
+1

Some stiff competition already this week. I think I mostly want to play Fragasnap's entry because I'm p sure I can get Lord Rattington to masquerade some horseshoes over to me.

My entry: Tinker, Tin Snips

Tinker • $4 • Night
Exchange a card from your hand for a card costing up to $2 more than it.
Heirloom: Tin Snips
Tin Snips • $2 • Treasure - Reaction - Heirloom
$1
-
When you return a card to the supply, you may discard this from your hand for +2 Coffers

The Heirloom is pretty closely coupled to Tinker, but it also works with the Nocturne exchangers (bat/vampire/changeling) and Travellers, Ambassador, and vanishing cards (experiment, encampment, etc), although not with Not-In-Supply vanishing cards like Madman or Spoils.

I think that Tinker compares too favorably to Remodel. Tinker is both non-terminal and synergizes with Tin Snips, and exchanging isn't that different from trashing most of the time.
More importantly, Tinker needs to specify that you can only exchange for cards from the Supply. As worded, you can use Tinker to exchange an Estate for a Warrior.

Tinker can't do my favorite feature of Remodel, which is run down the Province pile (remodel province into province), and while it is non-terminal, it also doesn't have the support cards from things like Imp, Conclave, Throne Room, Scepter, etc, which make it not-a-stop card; You have to hang onto it and the target card until you're night phase. Those two play differences - both drawbacks, imo - make it different enough from Remodel to keep at the same price point.

You're right though, it does need the "from the Supply" specification. 

Drawer
cost $3 - Treasure - Heirloom
$1
Draw 1 extra card for your next hand.

I see what you did there
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 12:48:52 pm by spineflu »

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: October 25, 2019, 01:00:29 pm »
+2

ShadowHawk

• Baron
  • Respect: +15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: October 25, 2019, 01:09:47 pm »

Menagerie variant that can assist the heirloom in producing a greater $.

First Born is either a worse Fugitive (discard first is worse than discarding after) or a Villa without the + or the on-gain effect. I think First Born is too weak to cost and should probably cost .
I don't want to disagree with your assessment, this is a weak $5. But you cannot ignore the Heirloom, i.e. Cellar-Fugitive is stronger due to Father's Sword than it would be without it.
I'd change the Menagerie option though. An extra Buy is smart to make Father's Sword payoff but the other stuff seems too weak.

I could make the Menagerie option more like a weaker Festival (add +$1) or make it +2 Actions. The Village default is probably fine unless it would be more interesting to use a gainer option, gaining an Action costing up to the number of differently named cards in hand.

Edit: made the Menagerie option Festival. Left the Village option intact rather than make it a Smithy + Action, but I did move the discard to after the draw. Dropped the price to $4.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 05:40:02 pm by ShadowHawk »

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: October 25, 2019, 01:16:34 pm »

Tinker can't do my favorite feature of Remodel, which is run down the Province pile (remodel province into province), and while it is non-terminal, it also doesn't have the support cards from things like Imp, Conclave, Throne Room, Scepter, etc, which make it not-a-stop card; You have to hang onto it and the target card until you're night phase. Those two play differences - both drawbacks, imo - make it different enough from Remodel to keep at the same price point.

1. Considering that Remodel only costs , running down the Province pile is far from the main point of Remodel.
2. The second drawback you mention only comes into play in the late game, but Remodel and Tinker are both priced such that you can open with them. Needing to hang onto the target card until your Night phase doesn't make any difference unless you'd draw into the card you gain/receive since you wouldn't be playing the target card either way.
Two minor drawbacks do not override two major pluses.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 01:18:33 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: October 25, 2019, 01:31:45 pm »

1. Considering that Remodel only costs , running down the Province pile is far from the main point of Remodel.
2. The second drawback you mention only comes into play in the late game, but Remodel and Tinker are both priced such that you can open with them. Needing to hang onto the target card until your Night phase doesn't make any difference unless you'd draw into the card you gain/receive since you wouldn't be playing the target card either way.

I'm just not seeing it as a $5 card, that's my real issue here. You need the target card in-hand, which absent a draw engine, leaves you 3 other cards to buy or play; if you try to capitalize on the non-terminality, you've got one other card to buy or play. Even in a draw engine, these eat at what you've got available for the rest of your turn, which you've gotta play beforehand.

Would you say its more balanced with Tin Snips giving +1 Coffers, instead of +2? I had considered that but it felt like, why even bother? That's +$1 this turn or +$1 next turn. not exactly breaking new ground.

grrgrrgrr

• Explorer
  • Respect: +415
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: October 25, 2019, 01:36:27 pm »

A few editions ago, I posted the Mineworker, which was horribly wordy and broken. Here is the fixed version.

EDIT: reworded Mineworker to prevent confusion with Durations that last more than 2 turns. I also added in the "reveal from your hand" part, to ensure a Duration effect can only be postponed once per turn (it would otherwise cause horrible tracking problems).
Also simplified Mine Cart.

Mineworker (Action - Duration - Reaction; $5)

Now and at the start of your next turn: you may discard your hand for +5 Cards.
-
Before resolving the effect of a Duration at the start of your turn, you may once reveal a Mine Worker from your hand. If you do, all unresolved effects will occur one turn later.

Mine Cart (Treasure - Heirloom - Reaction, $2)

$1
You may set this aside from your hand. If you do, at the start of your next turn, trash this. Gain an Estate and +2% per Duration in play.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 07:01:43 am by grrgrrgrr »

segura

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: October 25, 2019, 01:51:35 pm »
+1

I'm just not seeing it as a $5 card, that's my real issue here. You need the target card in-hand, which absent a draw engine, leaves you 3 other cards to buy or play; if you try to capitalize on the non-terminality, you've got one other card to buy or play. Even in a draw engine, these eat at what you've got available for the rest of your turn, which you've gotta play beforehand.
The non-terminality is simply far more important than Province-Province or drawing into the gained card during the same turn. The reason for the latter is again the limitedness of terminal space: you are rarely able to use a Remodel variant (not even Replace) mid-turn and then still have the Actions left to draw into the gained card (respectively you first gotta spend your draw power to draw into something you want to Remodel).

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: October 25, 2019, 01:52:06 pm »
+1

Remodel is worse because you don't even have the option to capitalize on its non-terminality because it doesn't have non-terminality. I agree that Tinker is too weak for , but even without the Heirloom I think it's too strong for . I think you'd be best off buffing Tinker into the range. My suggestion would be giving Tin Snips another +Coffers.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 01:59:51 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: October 25, 2019, 01:54:04 pm »

A few editions ago, I posted the Mineworker, which was horribly wordy and broken. Here is the fixed version.

Mineworker (Action - Duration - Reaction; $5)

+1 Card
+1 Action
Now and at the start of your next turn: you may discard your hand for +5 Cards.

Before resolving the effect of a Duration at the start of your turn, you may reveal this. If you do, the effect will occur at the start of your next turn instead of this turn (the Duration will stay in play).

Mine Cart (Treasure - Heirloom - Reaction, $2)

$1
-
When you play a Duration, you may set this aside. If you do, at the start of your next turn, trash this. +2% per Duration you have in play.

Mineworker's reaction has to specify where it's being revealed from (I assume from your hand).

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: October 25, 2019, 01:57:57 pm »

The non-terminality is simply far more important than Province-Province or drawing into the gained card during the same turn. The reason for the latter is again the limitedness of terminal space: you are rarely able to use a Remodel variant (not even Replace) mid-turn and then still have the Actions left to draw into the gained card (respectively you first gotta spend your draw power to draw into something you want to Remodel).

how do you draw into the gained* card in your night phase?
*in this case, exchanged but you get what i'm saying

Regardless, I'm gonna give the Tin Snips an additional + Coffers & bump the price on Tinker to $5
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 02:08:58 pm by spineflu »

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: October 25, 2019, 02:02:03 pm »
+1

how do you draw into the gained* card in your night phase?

You don't. That's one of the only ways Tinker isn't strictly better than Remodel.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
  • Respect: +190
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: October 25, 2019, 06:20:39 pm »

Not sure about Blacksmith's strength, also forgot to include the heirloom on the card.
In a vacuum, Blacksmith is weaker than Catacombs.
But via Blacksmith you are more likely to get the Villager via Tool.
Yet I don't think that this pushes the card from "similar to Catacombs and thus a $5" into $6 territory.
I knew it, there's often a card similar to an idea of mine that I forget. I'll have an edited version or replacement soon, along with a fixed version of tool.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: October 25, 2019, 06:25:38 pm »

How about an Action - Treasure - Heirloom?

That's fine.

Doesn't seem to me it should have to be a Treasure.

I'm keeping the rule, for these reasons:
1. All official Heirlooms are Treasures
2. It's replacing a Copper
3. Treasures usually have less (immediately) dramatic effects than other types of cards. It's more interesting if you have to gain cards with dramatic effects instead of having them in your deck right away.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 06:31:36 pm by Commodore Chuckles »

grep

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +449
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: October 25, 2019, 06:39:14 pm »
+2

Upd: New version with a weakened on gain effect and new synergy with workshops.

Galley
$4 - Action
+2 Villagers
You may spend any number of Villagers for +1 Card each.
-
When you gain this, you may discard a Treasure card for +1 Villager.
Heirloom: Coffee

Coffee
$2 - Treasure - Heirloom
$1
+1 Villager

---
Clarification: You spend all the Villagers you want and then draw the cards.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 12:06:20 pm by grep »

[TP] Inferno

• Golem
  • I have no +Buys :(
  • Respect: +162
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: October 25, 2019, 09:03:04 pm »
+3

I may as well have a go at this, even though my submission is basically guaranteed not to win. In the extremely rare event that I do win, I'd like to design the challenge, but let the runner up judge, since I am not at all good at that sort of thing. Without further ado;

Senator
$4
Action-Duration
+1 Card
+1 Action
+$1
At the start of your next turn, if you have 4 or less cards in hand, +3 Cards.
Heirloom: Bonds

Bonds
$2
Treasure-Heirloom
$2
When you play this, put your -1 Card token onto your deck.

Change log:
V1.0: Original.
V1.1: Made Senator a $4 Peddler.
V1.2: Benefit of Senator increased to +3 Cards instead of +2.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:49:57 pm by [TP] Inferno »
Counting House is the best card in the game. Change my mind.

DEGwer

• Chancellor
  • Shuffle iT Username: DEGwer
  • Respect: +29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: October 26, 2019, 04:29:22 am »
+5

My submission:

Manuscript pile contains 12 cards of Manuscripts.

My idea is making a smithy with less fear of collision and accidents. Using it by a Book or Manuscripts produces extra source of +Buy, so we also have less fear of $16 and 1 Buy. A Book is not enough to enable Novelist's additional effect consistently, so we can copy it to Manuscripts.

Dominion already have eight ways to play treasure before Novelist: Black Market, Storyteller, Capitalism, Scepter, Innovation, Crown, Coin of the Realm, and Villa. The heirloom is the ninth one and we can enable additional effect every time because it is heirloom, but there may be tricky local strategy with these cards.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Contest #49: Custom Heirloom
« Reply #3892 on: October 26, 2019, 05:18:22 am »

Wizard acts like a cheap Witch, but you have to play your Grimoire once per Curse you want to give out.

Version History (Wizard):
v1.0: Original version.
v1.1: Reduced Cursing cost from two Spell tokens to one.
v1.2: Added +1 Buy to Wizard's vanilla bonuses.

Version History (Grimoire):
v1.0: Original version.
v1.1: Lowered cost to .
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 12:23:02 pm by Gubump »

DEGwer

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: October 26, 2019, 06:27:52 am »
+2

Wizard acts like a cheap Witch, but you have to play your Grimoire twice per Curse you want to give out.
Seems so slow. It is difficult to distribute even five curses until the game ends. I'd rather throw Grimoire by Catapult to send a Curse.

segura

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: October 26, 2019, 06:47:00 am »
+1

I could make the Menagerie option more like a weaker Festival (add +$1) or make it +2 Actions. The Village default is probably fine unless it would be more interesting to use a gainer option, gaining an Action costing up to the number of differently named cards in hand.

Edit: made the Menagerie option Festival. Left the Village option intact rather than make it a Smithy + Action, but I did move the discard to after the draw. Dropped the price to $4.

I think that this is too good now. Festival is a $5, Fugitive is a $4.5. Perhaps stick with discarding before drawing?

DEGwer

• Chancellor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: October 26, 2019, 07:30:00 am »
+1

I think that this is too good now. Festival is a $5, Fugitive is a $4.5. Perhaps stick with discarding before drawing?
It is not easy to control which option is chosen. This fact weaken the card. Ironmonger is a Spy with additional effect of Village (3+Spy) / Peddler (4.5+Spy) / Laboratory (5+Spy), but it is $4 because we basically cannot choose which is chosen.

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: October 26, 2019, 07:40:08 am »
+2

Doesn't seem to me it should have to be a Treasure.
I'm keeping the rule, for these reasons:
1. All official Heirlooms are Treasures
2. It's replacing a Copper
3. Treasures usually have less (immediately) dramatic effects than other types of cards. It's more interesting if you have to gain cards with dramatic effects instead of having them in your deck right away.
3 is hardly true.  Cursed Gold and Goat are immediately dramatic and each have huge implications on the whole strategy space of the game.  If you mean Treasures don't matter as much generally, I think you are underestimating Ill-Gotten Gains rushes and the sheer power of Spices and I see more than my fair share of players undersell the Gold flood of Hoard and Treasure Trove in the heat of a game.  It just seems odd to inherently limit the Heirloom to a Treasure simply because the others are Treasures.  I'm not so bothered either way.

First Born
Types: Action
Cost: $4
+1 Action. Reveal your hand. If the revealed cards all have different names, +1 Action, +1 Buy and +$2. Otherwise, +2 Cards and discard a card from your hand.
Heirloom: Father's Sword
Father's Sword
Types: Treasure, Heirloom
Cost: $5
$1*. Worth an additional $1 per differently named Action you have in play.
For clarity, I'd recommend combining the benefits as much as possible: Reading +1 Action and +1 Action separately looks weird.
I agree with segura that both cards (Festival or Fugitive) this can be make this too good for $4.  If you put "discard a card" at the top, making it into Fugitive or Festival+Discard, and otherwise left everything the same it would look okay.
Thematically it is a little weird because your deck is going to have a bunch of First Borns in it for the +Actions: It needs the +Actions, but the theme remains odd.

Tinker
Types: Night
Exchange a card from your hand for a card from the Supply costing up to $2 more than it.
Tin Snips
Types: Treasure, Reaction, Heirloom
Cost: $3
$1
When you return a card to the Supply, you may discard this from your hand for +3 Coffers.
I do agree that Tinker needs to cost $5 (which you changed in the image but not the text): Remodel is very nearly too strong for $4, let alone Remodel-with-a-benefit (and being non-terminal is a huge benefit, even if it has to trigger during the Night phase).
Tin Snips is this huge source of +Coffers, but has so little to play with it except Tinker.  +3 Coffers is way too big for how frustrating it will be to align in the early game.  I'd much rather Tin Snips trigger off trashing for it to play nicer with more Kingdom cards.  Then it can give a more reasonable number of Coffers, and Tinker could trash instead of Exchange.

Strategist
Types: Action, Victory
Cost $3
Choose one : +1 Action or +$1. Choose one : trash a card, gain a Strategic Map; or trash a Treasure and a Victory, gain a Strategic Conquest, or a card costing up to $4, If theese two card are double type or more, gain a card costing up to $7.
Worth 1VP per 2 Strategist in your deck (rounded up!)
Heirloom: Strategic Money
Strategic Money
+1 Buy. When you play this, if you have only different cards in play, + $ equal to half of the number of theese cards, rounded down. (You are not allowed to play other treasures after this)
Strategic Map
Types: Treasure, Victory
Cost: $1*
$1, +1 Buy.
1VP
(This is not in the Supply.)
Strategic Conquest
Types: Treasure, Victory
Cost: $4*
Count the cards in play that contain « Strategi/c/st » in their name. This is worth: $1 if this number is 1; $2 if this number is 2 or 3; $3 if this number is 4+.
Worth 1VP per 4 cards « Strategi/c/st » in your deck (rounded down)
This is a lot of cards with a lot of words that is ultimately very self-centered.  They mostly care about themselves and each other.  It is difficult to evaluate it for that reason.  Strategic Money could give you +$3 pretty easily, using Strategist to trash your duplicate Coppers and gain Strategic Maps and Strategic Conquests, but 1 Gold at the cost of the ability to play any duplicates is not good.  If you buy the entire Strategist pile, you get 32VP (which is not a lot), but then you're never getting any value from Strategic Money, so you should trash that for $7-gains if you can.  Strategic Conquests are then worth ~2VP, so they remain very weak as far as VP is concerned, but gives lots of $.
Really, the biggest problem is that none of these cards play nice with anything else.  They dominate 100% of your strategic focus if you want to use each of their elements and look pretty slow, unreliable, and weak.  Ultimately, if I bought these at all, I'd probably buy 2 Strategists to turn Copper\Estate into weak Strategic Conquests which I can then trash for $7 gains, which means there is a lot of design chaff hanging off of these cards.
The idea of Strategic Money is okay (it does reduce your opening by $1 because Strategic Money is worth $0 at that time), but Strategist\Strategic Map\Strategic Conquest are overly complicated.  Pare this down a lot.

Senator
Types: Action, Duration
+1 Card, +1 Action. At the start of your next turn, if you have 4 or less cards in hand, +2 Cards.
Heirloom: Bonds
Bonds
$2. When you play this, put your -1 Card token onto your deck.
I'm not sure how much I like Bonds, considering I don't like messing with the opening so much.  However, Senator I really like conceptually.  A pseudo-defense Duration with a way to leverage it yourself in Bonds is super clever.  I would probably like Senator better if it gave some sort of benefit on its up-turn instead of being a cantrip: Maybe a $4 Peddler?  The Duration effect is quite nearly a draw-back, as there is not currently a way to reduce your hand-size at the start of your turn.

Novelist
+3 Cards. If you have a treasure in play, +$1 and +1 Buy.
Heirloom: Book
Book
$1. You may choose one: Play an action card from your hand; or gain a Manuscript.
Manuscript: 16
Types: Treasure
Cost: $2*
$1. You may play an Action card from your hand.
I'd recommend Novelist state "if you have any Treasures in play" or "at least 1 Treasure in play" for clarity.  +$1 and +1 Buy should be swapped for standard bonus order.  Card types should be capitalized (Treasure on Novelist, Action on Book and Manuscript).  Book needs to specify that Manuscript comes "from its pile" or else you can't gain it unless Manuscript appears in the Supply.
I like this set.  Offering a way to increase the effect of the Heirloom by gaining Manuscripts is nice, though card intensive.
I think Novelist should cost $6, though.  Its benefit is a bit sideways, but +3 Cards and +1 Buy and +$1 is very strong--especially when the card necessitates a way to activate it is present in the Kingdom.

Galley
Cost: $4+
+2 Villagers. You may spend any number of Villagers for +1 Card each.
When you buy this, you may overpay for it. For each $1 you have overpaid, +1 Villager.
Heirloom: Coffee
Coffee
Cost: $2
$1, +1 Villager
Coffee is fun, but I don't like Galley very much.  Another way to spend Villagers makes enough sense, but the benefit is so unpredictable that I suspect it will be frustrating.  More pressingly, it offers a way to easily accumulate large numbers of Villagers.  I think the fact that there isn't a very easy way to accumulate Villagers is an important design aspect in Renaissance (Recruiter requires you to trash valuable cards, Patron is a terminal Silver if you don't spend its single Villager immediately, and the rest are all on-gain and on-trash abilities.  Coffee plays nicely into the concept because it's a Copper and you can only have one of them.).

Wizard
Types: Action, Attack
+2 Cards. You may spend two Spell tokens. If you do, each other player gains a Curse.
Heirloom: Grimoire
Grimoire
$1. When you play this, take a Spell token.
Having played with a Treasure that provides a limited resource, the fact that Grimoire is the only 1-card source of Spell tokens feels frustrating.  If your Grimoire ends up on the bottom of your shuffle, you will fall wildly behind in Spell tokens and you have no recourse to improve your status.
I also agree with DEGwer that it is pretty slow.  Having another way to accelerate your Spell tokens is probably desirable, either through some additional ability on Wizard or Grimoire, or via making Wizard into a split pile--though putting together three cards might be a little much.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: October 26, 2019, 10:10:29 am »
+1

Tinker
Types: Night
Exchange a card from your hand for a card from the Supply costing up to $2 more than it.
Tin Snips
Types: Treasure, Reaction, Heirloom
$1
When you return a card to the Supply, you may discard this from your hand for +3 Coffers.
I do agree that Tinker needs to cost $5 (which you changed in the image but not the text): Remodel is very nearly too strong for $4, let alone Remodel-with-a-benefit (and being non-terminal is a huge benefit, even if it has to trigger during the Night phase).
Tin Snips is this huge source of +Coffers, but has so little to play with it except Tinker.  +3 Coffers is way too big for how frustrating it will be to align in the early game.  I'd much rather Tin Snips trigger off trashing for it to play nicer with more Kingdom cards.  Then it can give a more reasonable number of Coffers, and Tinker could trash instead of Exchange.

I mean if I did that I'd basically be making cards that already exist. The exchange-instead-of-trashing is The Whole Point of the card.
I did change Tin Snips to +2 Coffers tho, because +3 is too much - you hit that and a Swashbuckler? You've got your treasure chest in one go. Too much. But in the interest of having a game where you ignore Tinker and still use Tin Snips, I changed it to be a Silver instead of a Copper (and bumped the price up by one so we don't have to have Yet Another "Strictly Better" thread derailment on this board).

Wizard acts like a cheap Witch, but you have to play your Grimoire twice per Curse you want to give out.

Are spell tokens component-limited? or is it like a "we included a spell token mat, just use the coin tokens that you use for coffers/etc as spell tokens"? Are there other ways to earn them? because as-is, if Grimoire gets trashed by a Bandit or Knight or something (or because it's a Copper if you ignore Wizard), Wizard is a very expensive Lackeys.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 10:30:45 am by spineflu »

segura

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: October 26, 2019, 10:30:35 am »
+1

It is not easy to control which option is chosen. This fact weaken the card. Ironmonger is a Spy with additional effect of Village (3+Spy) / Peddler (4.5+Spy) / Laboratory (5+Spy), but it is $4 because we basically cannot choose which is chosen.
About Ironmonger, it is superstrong because you are virtually always (pay $4 for a Mining Village) willing to pay $4 for all 3 options ... and then get a cherry on top via the cycling.

The lack of control / randomness is indeed a liability. But it is not strong enough to make a card which behaves either as a 4.5 (closer at 5 than 4 due to the Heirloom) or a 5 be worth 4.

Something_Smart

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: S_Smart
  • Respect: +185
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: October 26, 2019, 10:49:57 am »
+1

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.