Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1547429 times)

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #3700 on: October 07, 2019, 07:32:54 pm »
+1

Colossus
Types: Treasure
Cost: $5
$4, +1 Buy. When you play this, each other player discards any number of Action, Curse, and Victory cards revealed for +1VP each.
Big payload.  Others can discard the least or most useful cards in their deck for VP.  Use it after players trashed their Victory and when they're still going to get another turn.  Your own petard.

Shaman
Types: Action
Cost: $4
+1 Card, +1 Action. +$1 per Totem on your Tavern mat.
Totem
Types: Reserve
This is gained onto your Tavern mat (instead of your discard pile).
When another player gains a Province, you may call a Totem for +4VP.
I think Shaman looks like trouble. I wonder how often gaining 5 Pigs will ever be counterbalanced by the strength of Totem and the eventual strength of your 5 Pigs turning into super Conspirators. I think players will need to have a strong Workshop variant to ever justify gaining so many Shaman cards. I mean, buying 5 Shaman sounds like a good way to lose the game. Buying 0 Shaman in multiplayer to other players buying 3/2 or 2/2/1 is probably going to also lose you the game.

Countryside
Types: Victory, Reaction
2VP
When another played buys a Victory card, you may trash this from your hand for +1 Card, +4VP.
I think any reaction with such a gulf in power between its trigger and its miss will be inevitably frustrating.  All you're hoping for when buying this is to randomly draw it on a turn when another player buys a Victory card.  A smaller version (such as $4 for 2VP trashing for +2VP) would probably be more fun.

Brothel
Type: Action
+$2, +1 Buy. Trash a card from the supply. Each other player who has not Lust takes Lust.
Lust
Type: State
During your turns, cards cost $1 more. When you gain a Victory card, return this and each other player gains +1VP.
I like this one best, but I agree with naitchman that both halves of this are too powerful.
Brothel provides a lot of random pile control by trashing the Supply and giving a +Buy while being attached to an incredibly punishing Attack.
Lust doesn't merely harm 1 buy, but every single buy until you spend one on a Victory card. The presence of Brothel as written may as well increase the cost of all cards by $1 forever, frankly.

I'd make Brothel cost $6 and remove the +1 Buy from it.
If you really want Brothel to cost $4, I'd remove the +1 Buy and the "Trash a card from the Supply" effects and make Lust return itself in response to any non-Action gain. Forcing the VP out of players by giving them Lust and then forcing a Silver or Curse onto them could be neat.
You might also consider some way to dodge Lust, like revealing a Victory card or some such.  That way Lust will not be virtually always up whenever Brothel is relevant.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

anordinaryman

• Duke
  • Respect: +502
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: October 07, 2019, 10:56:20 pm »
+2

Updated Entry:
NOTE: This was edited after the contest to use a picture that Kudasai kindly found for me

Stowaway - $5
Action - Reserve
Put this on your Tavern Mat.
Choose one: +1 Card +1 Action;
 or +$1 per card on your Tavern Mat.
-
When another player gains a card, you may call this to gain a cheaper card per empty Supply pile.

I rephrased this, using cheaper I think makes it more clear, as well. When I said less than and they "per empty Supply pile" it made it seem like if there's 2 empty supply piles it has to cost less. But cheaper is more clear. And it actually is more align with the rest of Dominion. Dismantle says cheaper.

I also weakened the +$ bonus by making you choose. I realized it was a little too powerful to give both cantrip and potentially a really good payload on play.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 11:46:01 am by anordinaryman »

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: October 08, 2019, 05:24:01 am »
+3

Banker

I really like the on play effect. It's usually (but not strictly) better than Mine, but that card needs a bit of a boost anyway. Not sure why it needs to be limited to trashing Treasures - giving up an Action for a Gold (usually) would be an interesting choice. The reaction is good for tiebreaking while being fairly benign, and it's a meaningful choice between that and the play effect in the endgame.

Duelling Witch

The reaction  is a decent idea and I can imagine it being a fun "not so fast!" when supply piles empty. I also like how you tried to make the two halves work well together.
Generally in games with cursers, there's already enough pressure for everyone to buy a curser, and this card just exaggerates it. Attacks that are also moats can also end up being a bit too swingy.
Additionally "top of your discard pile" isn't really a thing in Dominion - if it's going to be on a card it should really justify keeping a tightly ordered discard pile in a game where that largely doesn't matter, and I think the new errata make it matter even less. Gaining the curse to hand simplifies things a little bit.
+1 Buy also doesn't seem like enough of an on play benefit to me to get around looking like Sea Hag (for what it's worth, Skulk is on my Dominion Online banlist).

Mirage Island
This is a very interesting card. I like the way it can turn bad hands into good hands which really mitigates the luck based aspects of the card. Even without other Victory cards in hand it's a good play on the Distant Lands concept.

Persecutor
This will lead to very quick games, which could be dominated by early game luck. I feel like there'd be ways to make this concept more interesting (eg you not being able to buy the cards you put your Exiled token on, or other limitations).

Repurpose
May need some wording changes to prevent the lose track/don't move rule from preventing other players from gaining the card they just bought. If that's what you intended, I don't really like the idea of you not getting what you paid for.

In general however I like how this enables desperate endgame plays. My first thought was that it was a bit weak for $6 but it can be used like Crop Rotation on your estates, trash curses/ruins and as an endgame tool so maybe it's fine there. I think it would be cleaner if it triggered on opponents gaining Victory cards to fix the wording challenges and not trigger quite as often (which can be a bit annoying online).

Jetty

A weaker Wharf is still a very strong card and would likely be well bought even without the Fleet effect, which makes the card less interesting for me. When it changes the outcome, I can imagine the mood being more "you happened to have a Jetty in play at the time" than "Well played, buying Jetties and managing them". There may be a top that could make the bottom work, perhaps one involving deck control, but not the card as is.

Royal Demesne
The card is strong enough that you'd want to build an engine with these anyway (or maybe even BM), and then you can end up getting a lot of bonus points around the endgame without much strategy involved. Not a bad choice for an effect, although I would change the threshold so that there'd be ways to get around the Demesne. This card could be good as part of a split pile or with a weaker on play or higher cost.

Shaman/Totem
Shaman does nothing for you until you get to the Totems, so there's quite a risk there (and counter-play may be to ignore the pile and get the person aiming for totems wasting time). The "reverse distant lands" effect is strong enough that the player buying Shamans doesn't have an overwhelming advantage once the Totem pile gets revealed; all players would be going for them.

Bargainer
Nice and simple. The fact it can trigger on any players turn is nice. It encourages players to win with smaller cards, but keeps provinces in the picture, which I think is cool. Sometimes I think it's a bit strong for $4 but the fact it doesn't help you gain a more powerful (a bit like Devil's Workshop).

Young Artisan
A nice simple $2. Unfortunately the games where it would shine in the endgame are also the games where "don't buy a province" counterplay could neuter it. Still it looks like a lot of fun. I wonder if it would even be ok gaining $5 cards, since it won't activate too many times per game.

Blockade
I can see this one being a lot of fun. Ambassador shenanigans don't bother me much. This will work especially well in games with potential for 3 pile endings - and it will teach players to plan for them or even strategise from the beginning about bringing them on instead of them just being something that "happens" as the game progresses. Unfortunately I don't think it fits the brief particularly well as it doesn't give players strategy around the endgame. Still it's a fantastic idea that I'd love to play with.

Countryside
Similar to Mirage Island, but a bit more straightforward. A Green card that you actually want in your hand as the game is wrapping up. I think you'd generally want this over Duchy unless you're reasonably sure it's your last shuffle, which is similar ground covered by Distant Lands.

Abomination
Cards with the type Curse really do need some clarification around what happens in games with Cursers, especially when they're very cheap cards. It isn't an easy decision to decide when to get rid of this with the +buy so you're on to something. I think this concept would be served better by a higher stakes card costing more.

Royal Pardon
I had to think about this one for quite a bit. A powerful "oneshot" that can resurrect itself and keep the game going. Not sure it needs to be both a Reserve and a Reaction. Tracking may be an issue with naming cards (but it's unlikely to be a frequent occurrence). It really could be a simpler card. Would be interested in playtesting.

Armorsmith / Overcrowded Village

Didn't see the 2 entries and I'd written up Armorsmith so you get a double write up.

The main effect of Armorsmith, which is actually quite strong and useful on play, would be to discourage Province buying. You'd almost always take the Armorsmith (even in BM games). There'd be some interesting strategy around it (since Armorsmith itself would be a reasonably good buy), but not for the player gaining the Armorsmiths. The Armorsmith pile basically modifies the Province pile. Actually quite interesting.

Overcrowded Village on the other hand is not a great card on play. You would prefer almost any other source of +Actions. This card instead encourages players to get in earlier on the Provinces to discourage other players from taking the bonus VP. Buy early provinces instead of engine building - unless Overcrowded Village is the only source of +Actions, then buying the Province helps other players build their engine. Again, interesting.

Both cards create interesting game dynamics, but they don't really make other players active participants in the endgame so much as modify the way provinces are valued in that game.

Con Man
Cards that unconditionally give out Copper have issues well discussed on this forum, but this gets around them by letting you put Coppers back (including on your own turns). It's a bit too much of an auto-buy in terms of being able to junk other players and thin your own deck (like Ambassador), but there are some situations that are interesting with the reaction (eg one player returning their estates when another player is greening).

Eavesdropper
I like it more than Smugglers. It still encourages players to use less powerful cards to get Provinces or pursue different strategies, which is interesting, and has less luck and is easier to track.

I think a better way to nerf the card would be to allow the player gaining the first copy of the card earlier access to it (optional top decking or gaining to hand). Setting up a bunch of these that would trigger a game winning Duchy run (if your opponent buys a Duchy) is actually quite an interesting situation to me.

Brothel/Lust
I think it's just a bit too strong all around (really not sure why it needs a "salt the earth" effect), but I like the idea of a persistent negative effect that sits there until you do something, and "buy a victory card" is an interesting one strategically. I think it would be worth playtesting a bunch of different effects for the state and have the card itself be simple.

Landlord
This card just seems like one nerf after another. I think more about what this card can't do than what it can. At the very least the estate gain should be optional.

Colossus
Too good for other players I think. In games without trashing you'd never buy this, and even in games with trashing I would want to hang on to my Estates so they could continuously generate VP. In games with cursing, I can see players just choosing the curser over the Colossus. Just making it apply to Action cards may be the most interesting.

Stowaway It can be very strong like City in situations where City is strong, but largely I see it functioning like a Duchy you want early game. The more the game progresses (and the more you want an actual Duchy), the stronger the on play effect is. However you won't get to claim the Duchies if they aren't in the supply - which makes Duchy Dancing all the more fun. It might be a bit slow and I think I preferred the stronger version, but it's a great design.

Winner - Mirage Island by Aquila
Runner Up - Stowaway by anordinaryman
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 05:25:18 am by NoMoreFun »

Aquila

• Minion
  • Respect: +764
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: October 08, 2019, 08:01:04 am »
+1

Oh nice, thanks NoMoreFun! I found this quite a tricky challenge, the design space looked quite small, so nice choice.

Contest #47: an Event that uses an Artifact.

This feels like a wide space of opportunity to me. You have lots of ways to go, so find something that really shines. If you want to use one of the official Artifacts...I will judge it based on games with the official card it's attached to also included, which I can't say will go too well as the functionality of that original card is interfered with. Basically, go for something new.

Expected closing time: October 15th 9am forum time. I'll try to get judging up by then.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 12:06:05 pm by Aquila »

anordinaryman

• Duke
  • Respect: +502
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: October 08, 2019, 08:56:57 am »
+1

Congrats Aquila!!

Also, thank you spineflu and scolapasta for the feedback on rephrasing the card...I hope it’s clearer now! I apologize for not being to find an image ( My google skills aren’t high) if anyone has one off-hand, I’d appreciate it greatly!

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #3705 on: October 08, 2019, 10:15:35 am »

« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 05:38:28 pm by segura »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: October 08, 2019, 11:12:49 am »

So does Supervision take effect on next turn’s  buy phase?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #3707 on: October 08, 2019, 01:21:30 pm »

This was the first thing I thought of when I read the contest. I hope hypercube comes back/tweaks this design. Its pretty neat.

I made a Lookout style sifter/trasher and a weird miniature anti-junker/trasher for the artifact.

Surveil • $2 • Event
+1 Buy. Reveal the top card of your deck; trash it, discard it, or put it back. If you have trashed 3 or more cards this turn, take the Beacon and put your deck into your discard pile.

Beacon • Artifact
When you would shuffle, you may look through and trash a card from your discard pile before shuffling. Play with your deck face-up.

rulebook errata: when you lose Beacon, flip your deck over - what card is on top will change. When you shuffle, you still do that face-down/so you can't see what cards are where.

• synergies: Mystic, Wishing Well, on-trash benefits that have to line up with an external trasher (Cultist, Feodum, Overgrown Estate, Rats).
  • antisynergies: top-decking cards on the turn you lose the Beacon; topdeck attacks like Swindler, Knights, Jester (because your opponents will see whether it's "worth it" to hit you with it). Chancellor effect on Surveil can cause you to miss Travellers.
I uh also did the art on these - its spray paint and sheet metal - and it wasn't the reason i picked them from my list of potential cardlike things, just a fun coincidence.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 08:58:49 am by spineflu »

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: October 08, 2019, 02:19:58 pm »

So does Supervision take effect on next turn’s  buy phase?
Yes, once you buy stuff, the start of the Buy phase is over.
It could be too conservative but I did not want to make it too easy to just discard a Mill or whatever to grab whatever VPs are on Sandals.

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: October 08, 2019, 02:29:20 pm »
+2

Congrats Aquila!!

Also, thank you spineflu and scolapasta for the feedback on rephrasing the card...I hope it’s clearer now! I apologize for not being to find an image ( My google skills aren’t high) if anyone has one off-hand, I’d appreciate it greatly!

I have one that could work. I'll send it to you later!

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: October 08, 2019, 09:39:28 pm »
+1

Redecorator
Action - $4
Trash a card from your hand. Gain and play an Action or Treasure card costing exactly $1 more. If the gained card costs $5 or more, take the Ladder.
Ladder
Artifact
The first time you trash a card on your turns, gain and play a cheaper Action or Treasure card from the Trash.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 09:42:49 pm by Commodore Chuckles »

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: October 08, 2019, 10:47:34 pm »

Imgur won't let me resize the image unless I make the card a public post
I guess I don't need privacy for my Dominion fan cards but then the "make post public" button bugs out like 50% of the time
Anyone else hitting this?

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: October 08, 2019, 10:53:27 pm »

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:57:42 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: October 08, 2019, 11:03:07 pm »
+1

Oy

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: October 09, 2019, 01:48:25 am »
+2

Imgur won't let me resize the image unless I make the card a public post
I guess I don't need privacy for my Dominion fan cards but then the "make post public" button bugs out like 50% of the time
Anyone else hitting this?

Say [ img width=250 ] [ /img ] without the spaces as your image tags and it will post in a normal size. (I use 500 for landscape cards)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Doom_Shark

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Doom_Shark
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: October 09, 2019, 10:58:03 am »
+1

Not sure about the cost, but here's my entry.
"I swear to drunk I'm not officer, God."
Generation 33 The first time you see this, copy it, add 1 to the generation number, and add it to your signature. (On any forum) Social experiment.

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: October 09, 2019, 11:50:02 am »
+3

Mining is definitely undercosted. In the opening it effectively turns a 3/4 into a 4/4 + trash 2 Estates. It also allows you to trash Gold from play into Province with the money that Gold gave you, which is probably pretty degenerate. I'd suggest a price of at least $5, but I suspect it might be better off even higher than that.

grep

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +449
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: October 09, 2019, 11:50:35 am »
+1

Revolution
$4 - Event
Gain a Ruins and a card costing up to $5.
Take the Guillotine.

Guillotine
Artifact
At the beginning of your turn, trash a card from your hand.
If it's an Action card, +1VP.

--
Yes, you can buy several Revolutions in one turn.
The cost is chosen to reduce the 5-2 advantage.
I am not sure if the Event should have an extra type Looter.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: October 09, 2019, 11:54:14 am »
+1

Five-year plan
cost $3 - Event
+1 Buy
Take Communism.

Communism
Artifact
This turn, put two cards onto your deck in any order when you discard them from play.

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #3719 on: October 09, 2019, 01:08:39 pm »

Mining is definitely undercosted. In the opening it effectively turns a 3/4 into a 4/4 + trash 2 Estates. It also allows you to trash Gold from play into Province with the money that Gold gave you, which is probably pretty degenerate. I'd suggest a price of at least $5, but I suspect it might be better off even higher than that.

I mean Mining is a Remodel+ whenever you want it, which means it should at least cost $4 (and probably have a drawback if it's that cheap). You could probably get away with a $5 cost if you change Pick to be non-optional.

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #3720 on: October 09, 2019, 01:20:31 pm »
+1

I mean Mining is a Remodel+ whenever you want it, which means it should at least cost $4 (and probably have a drawback if it's that cheap). You could probably get away with a $5 cost if you change Pick to be non-optional.

One thing to consider with Artifacts that say "When you trash a card", gain X benefit, is that this would apply to cards trashed by Lurker. Maybe it's fine to have that combo, but you could also avoid it with phrasing like "When you trash a card not from Supply".

(I prefer that to something more specific like "When you trash a card from your hand", so it covers cards trashed by Bonfire, Lookout, or Attacks like Knight and Giant)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

mandioca15

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +237
    • View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: October 09, 2019, 01:53:38 pm »
+1

Reconnoitre (Event) [$5]

If you gained a Victory card this turn, take the Compass. Otherwise, +1VP and trash a card from the Supply.

Compass (Artifact)

At the start of your turn, you may discard up to two cards from your hand. If you do, +1 Card per card discarded.

grrgrrgrr

• Explorer
  • Respect: +415
    • View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: October 09, 2019, 03:11:16 pm »
+1

EDIT: Each player has its own trophy token. Also changed the effect of Floating trophy.

Subscribe (Event, $5)
Gain an Action costing up to $4. Move your Trophy token to its supply pile. (when it's the third time you play a card from its pile during your turns, take the Floating Trophy.)

Floating Trophy (Artifact)
At the start of your Buy phase, +1 VP.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:35:02 am by grrgrrgrr »

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: October 09, 2019, 05:12:14 pm »
+1

One thing to consider with Artifacts that say "When you trash a card", gain X benefit, is that this would apply to cards trashed by Lurker. Maybe it's fine to have that combo, but you could also avoid it with phrasing like "When you trash a card not from Supply".
Alternatively, "when you trash one of your cards".
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: October 09, 2019, 05:49:35 pm »
+1

Warfare
Types: Event
Cost: $3
Take the Holy Land. Trash a Victory card with the lowest cost in coins from the Supply.
Holy Land
Types: Artifact

When you gain a Victory card, each other player may trash a card costing at least $3 from their hand. If they do, they draw a card. Otherwise, they gain a Curse.

Fight over the Holy Land. Warfare trashes Victory cards from the Supply so that
1) You can buy Estates more easily to leverage the Holy Land while emptying Supply piles to threaten a 3-pile.
2) It prevents the objective of the game from ever turning into "fight over the Holy Land forever."
Other players have the option to trash a valuable card or gain a Curse so that postponing a 3-pile is possible (or other times when losing a card is better than gaining a Curse).

I don't know if I like it, but that might be my anti-expansion-mixing bias. Maybe I'm also a little upset with myself considering Holy Land was a pretty cool Artifact pubby made a bit ago. Maybe because of similarities between this and Salt the Earth. EDIT: Maybe because it feels like a modification of segura's Parade (which I realized shortly after posting).
Anyone else have any thoughts?

History:
Holy Land originally didn't draw a card when another player trashed a card.

Supervision
Cost: $0
+1 Buy. At the start of your Buy phase, you may discard a card with two or more types to take the Sandals.
Sandals

At the end of your Buy phase, choose one: Put 1VP here; or take the VP from this.
It could be too conservative but I did not want to make it too easy to just discard a Mill or whatever to grab whatever VPs are on Sandals.
This would function virtually identically and much smoother if Supervision occurred when you bought it and Sandals triggered at the start of your turn. I bet Sandals will never pop in 3-player games (without Outpost or Mission): The chance of 2 players missing in a row when Sandals has 2+VP on it (which will be around turn 7(!), unless the board is so bad it is better to lose your turn 1/2 buy on turn 3/4 to get Sandals) is just about 0%. Honestly, Sandals giving 0.5VP per turn--less really because it is uncertain--is probably too little. Even 1VP might be too little.

Surveil
+1 Buy. Reveal the top three cards of your deck. You may trash or discard any number of them, then put the rest back in any order. If you have trashed three or more cards this turn, take the Beacon and put your deck into your discard pile.
Beacon

When you would shuffle, you may look through and trash a card from your discard pile before shuffling. Play with your deck face-up.
Beacon is really cool, though I can think of plenty of players who will mistake their deck and discard pile.
Surveil is ridiculous though. $4 trashes 4 Coppers\Estates on turn 1. Surveil should probably not trash so many cards so freely as it makes Beacon's trashing less notable.

Mining
Cost: $3
Trash a card from your hand or in play, then gain a card costing up to $2 more than it. If you trashed a card costing $4 or more, take the Pick.
Pick

When you trash a card, you may gain a card costing less than it.
I disagree with spineflu's argument because buying an Event is so incomparable to buying, drawing, and playing an Action.
I do agree with the sentiment though. Trashing Estates in the opening is freakishly powerful. Trashing Golds from play for Provinces is a super-powerful end-game tool as well. Mining could probably cost $6 as written and would still be pretty strong. It you want it to cost less, I'd remove the ability to trash from hand.

Subscribe
Gain an Action costing up to $4. Move the Trophy token to its supply pile. (when it's the third time you play a card from its pile during your turns, take the Floating Trophy.)
Floating Trophy

When the game ends, +3 VP.
Assuming there is only one Trophy token (which seems to be the case, considering its wording), I don't think there is any incentive to buy the first Subscribe. I can benefit just as much from it without having to buy it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 09:23:45 am by Fragasnap »
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.268 seconds with 21 queries.