Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1546577 times)

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #3400 on: August 31, 2019, 11:27:27 am »

Merchant Village
cost $3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
You may play a Merchant Village from your hand.
Gain a Merchant Village.
---
There are 20 copies of Merchant Village, rather than the usual 10.

This completely outclasses Market Square when there are no trashers.

Beyond that, I’d say it outclasses Village and maybe Worker's Village as well. With the self gaining, it should be very common for them to collide multiple times per turn.

Fmm... this is a Village only when two collide. In 20-card deck, how reliable? This is not worth $4. Enormous Buys aren't so great.
I totally disagree. Due to the unconditional self-gaining this would be a very powerful $4, perhaps even stronger than Port.

A simple nerf would be conditional self-gaining, e.g. "You may play a Merchant Village from your hand. If you did not, gain a Merchant Village." That could still be too strong for $4 but at least it is not totally crazy anymore.

How about this?

Merchant Village
cost $3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
If this is the first time your played a Merchant Village, gain a Merchant Village.

You can gain only 5 or 6 Merchant Villages (since all 4 players buy and play this if this is overpowering). When you have 20 cards in deck, this is unreliable. Do you still buy this only for Buys? Unlike 4 cost cantrips like Magpie and Rats, this is unsuitable for upgrading.

pst

• Minion
  • Respect: +906
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: August 31, 2019, 06:24:02 pm »

Inherited Lands
Project, $10
At the start of your turn, you may discard a Victory card to gain a Duchy.

Get a whole bunch of Duchies for the price of two! If that's what you really want.

I think this is too expensive. Keep in mind that you first you have to spend a turn buying this instead of a Duchy, then you can only gain one if you happen to have a Victory card in your 5-card hand.

Hm, maybe so. Actually I first had it without discarding Victory cards, but just automatic gains for the same price.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: August 31, 2019, 10:26:48 pm »

I hope Ruins gaining counts.

Junkyard
Action - Looter - $4
+1 Card
+1 Action

You may gain a Ruins to your hand.
Discard any number of cards. +2 Cards per action card discarded, +1 Card per other card discarded.
You may trash this
—
When you trash this, +2 Cards
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: August 31, 2019, 11:26:55 pm »

my entry:
Scientist
$5 - Action
+1 Card, +1 Action.
You may trash a card costing at least $2. If you do, +2 cards. Otherwise, gain a Silver.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 11:28:28 pm by LibraryAdventurer »

grrgrrgrr

• Explorer
  • Respect: +415
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: September 01, 2019, 05:59:56 am »
+2

Junkyard
Action - Looter - $4
+1 Card
+1 Action

Discard any number of cards. +2 Cards per action card discarded, +1 Card per other card discarded.
You may trash this
—

Sounds broken af. Imagine a hand full of actions. I discard my entire hand for a whopping 10 cards. Then I can easily redraw my actions again.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: September 01, 2019, 12:48:18 pm »
+1

Junkyard
Action - Looter - $4
+1 Card
+1 Action

You may trash this
—

Sounds broken af. Imagine a hand full of actions. I discard my entire hand for a whopping 10 cards. Then I can easily redraw my actions again.

That’s a good point. What if I make it terminal? Then you need village support at least
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #3406 on: September 01, 2019, 01:07:14 pm »
+1

Junkyard
Action - Looter - $4
+1 Card
+1 Action

You may trash this
—

That’s a good point. What if I make it terminal? Then you need village support at least

Or set them aside until Clean up. That way you can't loop and have to actually choose whether you want to discard your actions.

You can probably also drop the "+1 Card" part.

alion8me

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: alion8me
  • Respect: +178
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: September 01, 2019, 04:58:36 pm »
+3

Vendor

+1 Card
+1 Action
You may trash a Copper from your hand. If you do, gain a Silver, putting it into your hand. Otherwise, +$1.

Action
$5

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: September 01, 2019, 08:49:23 pm »

Vendor

+1 Card
+1 Action
You may trash a Copper from your hand. If you do, gain a Silver, putting it into your hand. Otherwise, +$1.

Action
$5

Cool concept, but I think it's plenty strong enough even without the added "Otherwise, +$1" clause.

naitchman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +260
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: September 01, 2019, 09:31:03 pm »
+1

I've fixed the copper issue mentioned before.

Just wanted to ask again if anyone has any opinions on whether they feel this needs a trashing benefit (+1 action, trash a card from your hand, etc.) and which they feel would be appropriate.

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: September 02, 2019, 07:58:36 am »
+1

Gonna judge in a day. Get your entries in if you haven't already.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
  • Respect: +190
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: September 02, 2019, 09:45:17 am »
+1

Probably won't have an entry this week, but in my dream last night I thought of having a Chicken card that gains you eggs, and the Egg card was something like +1 card +1 action +$1 discard a card. Also I think there was some kind of reserve clause on it to but I couldn't read it.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: September 02, 2019, 10:39:28 am »
+8

Chicken
Action - $0*
Gain an Egg.
(This is not in the Supply.)

Egg
Action - $0*
Gain a Chicken.

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: September 02, 2019, 10:48:51 am »
+6

So it can sift past Estates for +1 Action but can be a Village with Duchy and Province, which I think is a cool dynamic. It can also just be played for +2 Cards. I thought it would be too good in the opening to cost $3 so it costs $4. The Estate gaining part I feel can add an interesting decision. The Manor alleviates the Estate somewhat but you still risk dud turns adding the extra stop card.

*Updated with once per turn clause*

Old version:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 05:45:46 pm by Gazbag »

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: September 02, 2019, 01:31:13 pm »
+1

So it can sift past Estates for +1 Action but can be a Village with Duchy and Province, which I think is a cool dynamic. It can also just be played for +2 Cards. I thought it would be too good in the opening to cost $3 so it costs $4. The Estate gaining part I feel can add an interesting decision. The Manor alleviates the Estate somewhat but you still risk dud turns adding the extra stop card.

This looks like it will just be an inferior Fugitive most of the time. Extra +Actions aren't going to help you in the Province-buying stage. And assuming round-down, getting an early Duchy will make this a Vanillage that costs $9 and 2 buys and only works if two components collide. As for the Fugitive option, I'll go with trashing my Estates most of the time.

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: September 02, 2019, 03:52:10 pm »
+2

When you inherit Manor House, you can gain the whole Manor House pile. Is that intended?

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: September 02, 2019, 03:58:45 pm »
+1

Anyway, here is my submission:

Braggart
Type: Action – Attack
Cost: $5

+ $3
You may trash a Treasure card from your hand for +$1. Each other player gains a Copper to their hand.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 04:21:13 pm by King Leon »

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: September 02, 2019, 05:43:56 pm »

This looks like it will just be an inferior Fugitive most of the time. Extra +Actions aren't going to help you in the Province-buying stage. And assuming round-down, getting an early Duchy will make this a Vanillage that costs $9 and 2 buys and only works if two components collide. As for the Fugitive option, I'll go with trashing my Estates most of the time.

I don't think that comparison makes much sense given Fugitive is a Traveller and is on record as being too strong for $4. A $4 being an inferior Fugitive seems pretty appropriate to be honest.

Extra +actions not being useful in the Province buying stage just sounds wrong to me, maybe in big money but engines often continue building a little as they add Provinces with cards like Workshop or just any extra money and buys they have after buying the Provinces. This also just provides some extra consistency as you add the green, sifting past the Province and providing some actions in case you didn't find a village yet so it's almost always going to make your deck better in that part of the game. You can also use this as just +2 cards, again weak for $4 but not useless if it's the only draw available and you're going to add Provinces eventually.

When you inherit Manor House, you can gain the whole Manor House pile. Is that intended?

I was aware of this but I didn't think about it too much. Now that you mention it I think it should have some kind of once per turn clause.  You gain the Estate pile, not the Manor House, which is probably even more broken because then everyone else can't buy Inherited Estates. Here's an update, thanks for pointing that out!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: September 02, 2019, 06:28:01 pm »
+1

Cauldron
$1P - Action

Gain a Potion.
+3 Cards
Play up to 3 Potions from your hand, for +1 Action each.
-
The first time you gain this on one of your turns, +1 Buy.

FAQ: You still get the +P from playing Potions with this.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 06:29:41 pm by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: September 02, 2019, 08:02:55 pm »
+3

I was aware of this but I didn't think about it too much. Now that you mention it I think it should have some kind of once per turn clause.  You gain the Estate pile, not the Manor House, which is probably even more broken because then everyone else can't buy Inherited Estates. Here's an update, thanks for pointing that out!

Alternatively, you could just say "When you gain a Manor House, you may gain an Estate." Gaining an Estate even when you inherited Manor House is still gaining an Estate, not a Manor House, so that would fix it without over-nerfing it in the presence of gainers.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #3420 on: September 02, 2019, 09:29:19 pm »
+1

If it's not too late

Recycling
Project - $4
At the start of your buy phases, gain a Silver from the trash to your hand.
---
When you buy this, gain a Silver.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:44:40 pm by NoMoreFun »

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: September 02, 2019, 09:43:40 pm »
+1

Anyway, here is my submission:

Braggart

+ $3
You may trash a Treasure card from your hand for +$1. Each other player gains a Copper to their hand.

I think this is too strong. Treasurer is also $5 and can only give you +$3. +$4 with Copper trashing seems insanely good even without the Attack. I also don't like that the benefit cancels out the Attack, which forces everyone to buy it.

pubby

• Minion
  • Respect: +1046
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: September 03, 2019, 09:25:11 am »
+4

If Duchy gains Duchess, Province gains... anything you want! A straightforward card that appears balanced and worth buying, but the strategy implications aren't huge because of how late you'd buy it. The "once per game" could be removed, but I understand it's needed to fit into my silly rules. And hey, this card seems like something Donald X would make.

Eminent Domain
Types: Project
Cost: $14
Now and at the start of each of your turns, put your hand on top of your deck in any order and gain a Province.
This is the "all-in" of dominion. Once you buy it, chances are you won't be playing for the rest of the game. That's genuinely cool. OK, there are a few ways to keep playing using combos - durations, Guide, etc. But you're probably not playing anymore.

Often, spending $16 on double province is better than spending $14 on this. Of course, not every game has the +Buy for double provinces. In situations like that, the game can be decided by whoever buys Eminent Domain first. That feels swingy to me. It's a bit like tournament and KC, but more severe.

It's a mixed pile, six of each, that are shuffled together; the supply pile is kept face down and the top card is face up. You can only buy/gain/exchange for the top card (a la Knights)

Manuscript • $1P • Treasure
$1 plus $1 per Grimoire you have in play.
+1 Buy
-
During Clean-up, you may exchange this for a Grimoire if one is available.
Grimoire • $1P • Treasure
$2
You may spend any number of P. This is worth $1 more for each P spent.
If this is your first Grimoire played this turn, gain a Manuscript if one is available.
If this is your first Grimoire played this turn, gain a Manuscript if one is available.
Worth big money and a couple extra buys if you can run the pile; they don't leave potions dead in your hand.
The mixed pile stuff is really interesting. I love the idea and the possibilities! But the cards are a little weak. Both are centered around providing coin, but you need a lot of these cards to be worth it over Gold. Engines typically can't support large amounts of treasure payload, and for those that do the potion requirement is very slow. I foresee problems with having the pile be truly random. If the top cards are all Manuscript, that's a crummy pile. The idea is solid but it needs balance tweaks to be worth buying.

I really like draw-to-x decks so I'm a bit of a sucker for these cards. Encyclopedia seems extremely powerful with the +Coin it provides, but that's okay because they're hard to acquire... or are they? If you have two Volumes in your starting hand, you can play them, gain the Encyclopedia and play it for +4 cards, +$4, +1 Buy. That's exactly what you need to buy another Volume! So it's not expensive really, just hard to line up.

I'm not sure if the balance is right. I think these cards tend towards being either really bad or really good. If you have virtual coin like Festival, yeah that's going to be triple province turns. If instead you have Wharf, well this village ain't so exciting.

Lots of neat stuff going on with this card but when combined the effects are complicated to their detriment. There are many mechanics but the end result is a straightforward remodel which makes it all seem unnecessary. I love the reserve gaining - that's great! There are some neat strategies involving stockpiling Blessings and tokens and then using them all for a megaturn but that same idea could be executed simpler. Would love to see this one tweaked.

Pennymonger
Cost: $4
Type: Action

+2 Cards
+1 Action

Gain a Copper.
————————————
When you gain this, you may put it into your hand or onto your deck (instead of to your discard pile).
It's a lab variant that doesn't help you draw your deck because it junks as fast as it draws. It's good with trashers and other draw, but not so playable otherwise. The on-gain has its uses. It's good with workshops, and it's OK late-game to boost your next turn, though Den of Sin is obviously better.

I think this card is reasonable, but not at $4. Way too expensive. Make it cheap.

The most interesting thing about this card is that the Curio pile isn't part of the supply. That means you might buy this card just to get access to the pile. That's sick. I don't think the card even needs the $5 bit (not every card needs to be useful every game, etc etc), though I'm not complaining that you included it. A game where Curio Shop is the only +Buy could be neat.

CHALLENGE #42 - MONOGAINER ENTRY

Quote from: Headhunters by Kudasai
Headhunters
Cost: $5 Type: Action
Gain a Silver then reveal your discard pile. +1 Card per differently named card revealed.

This card seems excellent in big money and I do believe the world needs more big money cards! In engines, I'm not so sure. If you're drawing your deck every turn, you wouldn't have any cards in your discard at all. I mean, sometimes you would, but I don't see engines using this card for their draw. And of course, silver isn't so hot as engine payload. You could use this as a replacement for Explorer (+1 Card is as good as gaining to hand), but in how many games are you buying Explorer?

I like the concept but this idea doesn't want to be a monogainer. Imagine if the card let you gain more types of cards! That would really spice up the diversity theme.

Island is a tricky card to make use of, but this version couldn't be easier! You can hide away all the cards you want, but you can't reduce your deck size at all. Pretty neat.

To me, it seems very obvious to buy this card in almost every game. The strategy is straightforward - buy it turn 1 or 2. The card does modify how the game is played - you can green earlier and such - but I don't think it leaves a huge impact. Seems fun though.

The prophet pile is a mixed pile of 20 cards, 10 copies of each of these versions:

Another mixed pile thing! Hurray!

To me, this card seems like a swingier, more frustrating version of Chapel. There are too many ways to get screwed. Imagine your opponent opens with the even-Prophet and you get stuck with the odd-Prophet. Okay, your opponent gets to trash 4 cards, while you only get to trash 3. That's not exactly fair. But imagine if your opponent drew their even-Prophet with a silver. Okay, so do they only trash 2 and feel sad? Imagine if you're the first player to get the extra +$1 because your opponent pushed it over the threshold. It's too luck-based for being a Chapel-level trasher.

Inherited Lands
Project, $10
At the start of your turn, you may discard a Victory card to gain a Duchy.

Get a whole bunch of Duchies for the price of two! If that's what you really want.
This card's very expensive. For $10, you could have just bought two Duchies! Plus, you can't usually decide if you're going to start your turn with green in hand. For that reason, I don't think this card works. I do love gaining Duchies though. The world needs more Duchy gainers.

Another 1-shot super lab, akin to Experiment and Expedition but much more expensive. Sadly, this one doesn't start with "Ex" (Why wasn't it called "Exchange?").

This card has obvious comparisons to Herald. Herald doesn't just draw actions - it plays them. That's a better effect than Trust. However, this card gains copies of itself. That's pretty good!

I dislike how this card pops when it reveals another Trust. That means that even if you build the perfect action-dense deck, you're never safe from your Trusts getting trashed. To me, that's frustrating. I also dislike the difference in strength of the first effect from the second. You can't control if Trust reveals an action or not, so it feels very lucky.

Merchant Village
cost $3 - Action
+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
If this is the first time your played a Merchant Village, gain a Merchant Village.
This looks like a card you always want to buy, and you probably want to buy it turn 1 or 2. There's not much much strategy opening with it, but there is strategy in when you should buy additional copies. Sadly, in 2p games the 20 card pile works against this. There's less incentive to win the split if there's an abundance of these cards to go around, though you do need more than a typical village to make them consistent.

Overall, decently balanced and inoffensive. I like it, but don't feel too excited by it.

Junkyard
Action - Looter - $4
+1 Card
+1 Action

You may trash this
—
Seems bonkers powerful. A cantrip cellar would already be a good $4 card worth buying in most games, but add on better-than-Shepherd draw and we're talking about something crazy. Gaining a ruin pushes this even further into nuts territory. Making it non-terminal would fix several issues.

BTW, it would be cute to merge this entry with the Pennymonger entry: +1 Card, +1 Action, Gain a Copper to your hand. Discard any number of cards. +1 Card per card discarded.

my entry:
Scientist
$5 - Action
+1 Card, +1 Action.
You may trash a card costing at least $2. If you do, +2 cards. Otherwise, gain a Silver.
This card accelerates engine building a bit like JoAT does. You trash your Estates (that's good!), you draw (that's good!), and you gain payload (that's good too!"). With Jack you usually reach a point where you stop playing it, but with this you just keep going, trashing Silvers to draw cards. That's cool. It would be very fun (albeit screwy) to build an engine using this as your only draw.

Seems decent in money and slogs too. I like it. Good design.

It's a lab that gains more labs... with a catch. The more you play the less you can do.

The concept is spot-on. What makes monogainers most interesting is not the upside you get from gaining cards, but the downside. It's a curious choice of whether you should play the card or not, for is the gained card actually improving your deck? (For this reason, I think Rats is better designed than Magpie, but I digress)

The downside here is OK, but the text is wordy and complicated. You had to handle Copper some way, but this version isn't elegant. You can do better with this concept.

Vendor

+1 Card
+1 Action

Action
$5
Oh wow, it's a Mine variant that's actually playable. Or is it a Peddler variant? I mean, it always gives you +$1 no matter the circumstance. That's really cool.

If there's no trashing, you probably want this 100% of the time. If there is trashing, there's an interesting decision in how many coppers you should trash.

Chicken
Action - $0*
Gain an Egg.

Egg
Action - $0*
Gain a Chicken.
The true winner of the contest.

This card is like Shepherd. It's worse at drawing cards, but better at giving huge amounts of +Action. And hey, you only need a single Province in your deck to farm actions.

To me, it's a little undercooked and weak. I'd prefer if the +Actions were fixed to +2 per victory card discarded. But I can see other disagreeing. It's a sweet card nonetheless.

Braggart

+ $3
+$4 is nice but too much coin. The bottom half is a weakened Ambassador.

In 3 player and up games, players will junk each other faster than they can trash. That's problematic and leads to weird sloggy game states where nobody can buy what they want.

In 2 player games, players will be trashing at the rate they junk. I foresee one player getting buried in copper while the other player remains clean. This has more flaws than Ambassador. With Ambassador, players get rid of 2 junk and hand out 1, allowing both players to get clean. With Braggart, that's not possible without other trashers.

Cauldron
$1P - Action

Gain a Potion.
+3 Cards
Play up to 3 Potions from your hand, for +1 Action each.
-
The first time you gain this on one of your turns, +1 Buy.
Here's a card like Manor House, but slightly different. Instead of Estates, it's Potions, and you're gaining them every play. If you have all 10 in your deck, you'll have 20 card draw with 16 stop cards. That's +4 Cards, +6 Actions, with some inconsistency thrown in. If you have 5 in your deck, you have 10 card draw with 8 stop cards. +2 Cards, +3 Actions. Not a great benefit, but hey, it's not so slow to build because you get +Buy when you purchase it.

Overall, I like both this and Manor House, but feel both could be revised. I said this in Manor House's entry, but I'd really like something as simple as: +2 Cards, Discard a (junk) for +2 Actions. Gain a (junk) when you buy this.

FINAL SUMMARY
Sweet cards overall with many very clever ideas. The winner has to be Curio Shop - it nails the interesting aspects and unique strategy of monogainers too well. Vendor gets second place. Vendor is a well designed card with no foreseeable issues that fulfills a niche previously wasted on Mine and Taxman. I liked Scientist for this reason too, especially how Scientist can be used for draw. Lastly, Volume+Encyclopedia gets fourth place. These two cards must be tons of fun to play with, but I couldn't place them higher because of my perceived balance concerns. +1 Buy, +$6, +6 cards is just nuts, you know?

WINNER
1. Curio Shop by 4est

RUNNERS UP
2. Vendor by alion8me
3. Scientist by LibraryAdventurer
4. Volume + Encyclopedia by Aquila

4est

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: 4est
  • Respect: +1454
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: September 03, 2019, 03:32:31 pm »
+2

Thanks pubby!  Here is this week's challenge:

Challenge #43: Design a card (or card-shaped thing) that involves revealing your hand

Acceptable submissions may require you to reveal your hand (such as Shanty Town, Menagerie, City Quarter, or Grand Castle) or your opponents reveal their hand (such as Pillage).  I will also accept cards with "or reveals they can't" or similar clauses so long as they require revealing ones entire hand (such as Bureaucrat, Cutpurse, or Rats).  Cards that require revealing only one card from your hand (such as Gladiator, Encampment, or Young Witch) will not be accepted. 

Judging will be based on ingenuity, balance, and creative/appropriate use of the reveal hand mechanic. Have fun!

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: September 03, 2019, 04:50:46 pm »
+4

CHALLENGE #43 SUBMISSION

A great trasher that gets more risky the more you play it. Play it enough though and you no longer have to trash any cards and are left with a double Laboratory.

Quote from: Apostate by Kudasai
Apostate
$6 - Action

+3 Cards
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand costing at least $1 per token on your Apostate mat (or reveal you can't). Add a token to your Apostate mat.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.