Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1546890 times)

grrgrrgrr

• Explorer
  • Respect: +415
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #2950 on: July 28, 2019, 01:24:39 pm »

This one can be phrased a LOT more easily. Do something like this:

Bookkeeper
Night/Duration, $5
The first time you play a card next turn, if it is an...
...Action: +1 Card, +2 Actions
...Treasure: +1 Buy, +2$
---
This is gained to your hand (instead of discard pile)

The card itself looks like a fairly decent Ghost Town upgrade. Sounds a bit weak for a $5 cost though.

1. That doesn't function the same. Read my note.
2. Like I said, it's been playtested, and it's been worth in every game with it so far.

I would not make it more convoluted to cover cases where you forego playing Actions AND treasures during a turn (which basically doesn't occur untill the end). But hey, it's your submission. (and I can certainly believe this being worth $5)

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: July 28, 2019, 01:29:55 pm »

The wording seems convoluted... why not just +2 actions instead of +1 Action; you may play an action card from your hand?

Is the actual effect of this card the same as Farming Village but for action cards only instead of action and treasure?

Also, as worded, if you discard “each revealed card”; that includes the action card. So you discard it and then you put it in your hand?
The idea is that each card you reveal until you reveal the Action gives you +1 action. I think the wording still needs some optimization. But if it won't be permitted anyway then I might as well abandon it.

Ahh.. yeah I see; but couldn’t tell from the wording. Could be “you may discard any number of revealed cards; for +1 action each.” Though it’s  still not clear about how to handle it if you discard the final card; the action card.

What about Venture like wording:

"Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal an Action. Discard the other cards for +1 Action each. Put that Action in your hand."

or Adventurer like (slight change, card goes in hand before discard):

"Reveal cards from your deck until you reveal an Action card. Put the Action card into your hand and discard the other revealed cards for +1 Action each."
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

naitchman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +260
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: July 28, 2019, 02:58:00 pm »

Alright, here's my submission:

(Each player gets 2 ally tokens)

Going for a conclave like card, but in the opposite direction. Conclave encourages diversity, alliance discourages diversity. Absent of other villages, an alliance engine will only be able to support 2 different types of terminals (technically 3 if you only have 1 copy of the 3rd type).

Update: This card is no longer my submission due to it not qualifying.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:25:13 pm by naitchman »

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: July 28, 2019, 03:42:38 pm »
+10

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: July 28, 2019, 07:00:31 pm »

Neat, but maybe too strong when while-in-play stuff is available; such as Goons or Highway.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: July 28, 2019, 07:23:45 pm »

This one can be phrased a LOT more easily. Do something like this:

Bookkeeper
Night/Duration, $5
The first time you play a card next turn, if it is an...
...Action: +1 Card, +2 Actions
...Treasure: +1 Buy, +2$
---
This is gained to your hand (instead of discard pile)

The card itself looks like a fairly decent Ghost Town upgrade. Sounds a bit weak for a $5 cost though.

1. That doesn't function the same. Read my note.
2. Like I said, it's been playtested, and it's been worth in every game with it so far.

I would not make it more convoluted to cover cases where you forego playing Actions AND treasures during a turn (which basically doesn't occur untill the end). But hey, it's your submission. (and I can certainly believe this being worth $5)

You're right. I've changed it to your suggestion.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: July 28, 2019, 11:40:46 pm »
+1

Very well then - will change my entry to this.

Slum Village (Action - Reaction) [$4]

+1 Card
+2 Actions

———

When an opponent trashes a card, you may discard this from your hand, to gain a copy of that card from the Supply.

I think it needs cost limitation. When I play Swindler to trash your Colony, we (not including you) discard 3 Slum Village to pile out Colony and you cannot gain another. Isn't it ridiculous and too swingy?

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: July 29, 2019, 02:45:09 am »

Going for a conclave like card, but in the opposite direction. Conclave encourages diversity, alliance discourages diversity. Absent of other villages, an alliance engine will only be able to support 2 different types of terminals (technically 3 if you only have 1 copy of the 3rd type).

Do Ally tokens work for both players and can you move tokens you opponent has placed?

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: July 29, 2019, 03:10:17 am »
+5

here is my submission. thematic because new villagers are born over night :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 03:15:36 am by RTT »

artless

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: July 29, 2019, 11:29:37 am »
+1

Here comes a "half village".

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 10:24:30 pm by artless »

naitchman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: July 29, 2019, 12:31:47 pm »

(Updated with the Gubump's suggestions)

Donjon
$4 Action/Victory
+1 Card
+1 Action
You may discard a Victory card for +1 Card and +1 Action
1VP

I think, it should be priced similar to Mill. Boost for the initial economy, and probably good at endgame; self-synergy intended.

Nitpick here. The colors should be switched (white on top, green on bottom).

naitchman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: July 29, 2019, 12:48:22 pm »

Do Ally tokens work for both players and can you move tokens you opponent has placed?

Tokens are your own thing, you can only move yours and they're ally cards only for you. I think I need to change some wording on this card to make it more clear, thank you. But now that I look at some other cards that were nixed, I get a feeling this card may not count since it doesn't give +2 actions.

Mail-mi, Judgement?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 01:05:20 pm by naitchman »

naitchman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: July 29, 2019, 01:00:04 pm »

A Tribute/Courtier kind of thing. The wording is a bit unclear, to clarify I mean that types can get counted several times.
So when you do e.g. reveal 3 Coppers, it is a terminal Gold and when you do e.g. reveal a Smithy, Market Square and a Silver, it is:
+2 Actions
+
Trash a card from your hand.

You can just make it a looter (in order for ruins to be in the supply) but not an attack.

From the wiki:
"There are no special rules relating to Attack cards; they are simply a useful label to have so that other cards (mostly Reactions) can refer to them."

In this case, it is better not to have the label on it so you can just leave it out. It is definitely a legal move (see masquerade and possession).

naitchman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: July 29, 2019, 01:03:14 pm »

Neat, but maybe too strong when while-in-play stuff is available; such as Goons or Highway.

This is probably true. I have 2 suggestions to fix that:

1) Instead of saying, "you may ignore its instructions", you can say, "you may ignore its text". There's no precedent for this though.
2) +1 card, +2 actions, you may set aside an action card from your hand for +1 card, +2 actions. At the start of cleanup, put the set aside card into your discard pile.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: July 29, 2019, 01:20:53 pm »

Tokens are your own thing, you can only move yours and they're ally cards only for you. I think I need to change some wording on this card to make it more clear, thank you. But now that I look at some other cards that were nixed, I get a feeling this card may not count since it doesn't give +2 actions.

Mail-mi, Judgement?

No, sorry, it wouldn’t count for the same reason Throne Room doesn’t.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: July 29, 2019, 03:56:51 pm »

1) Instead of saying, "you may ignore its instructions", you can say, "you may ignore its text". There's no precedent for this though.
2) +1 card, +2 actions, you may set aside an action card from your hand for +1 card, +2 actions. At the start of cleanup, put the set aside card into your discard pile.
Its safe to simplify it to "reveal an action card, discard it, +1 card +2 Actions".  Because remember even if you reshuffle it in and redraw it and play it, you didn't play it the first time, so it's not like some kind of Dangerous Card that risks letting someone play bridge and discard it from play and play it again later too many times.

naitchman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: July 29, 2019, 04:44:39 pm »

Its safe to simplify it to "reveal an action card, discard it, +1 card +2 Actions".  Because remember even if you reshuffle it in and redraw it and play it, you didn't play it the first time, so it's not like some kind of Dangerous Card that risks letting someone play bridge and discard it from play and play it again later too many times.

it's not necessarily a problem of infinite loops, it just becomes a much stronger card the way you're phrasing it. If you can reliably draw your deck, you're not giving anything up by discarding a card (since it's better than a cantrip) and sprawling village can become +1 card +4 actions.

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: July 29, 2019, 04:48:27 pm »
+1

Let's see how long I can keep up this conditional Lost City streak! At first you only needed 3 unused actions but that felt too easy to achieve, especially in games with other villages. It's pretty difficult to get the draw if it's the only village, and you need to play 2 more just to make up for the non-drawing ones but I think that's fine for a $2.

naitchman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: July 29, 2019, 07:04:00 pm »
+1

Ok here is my submission:

Kind of similar to poacher, it's a lost city, then a village, then a necropolis. I felt it couldn't really compete with lost city at $5, so I made it $4 ($3 felt too strong considering it won't become a necropolis in many games).

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: July 29, 2019, 07:14:43 pm »
+1

Honestly I don't think this is a problem. There aren't that many "while in play" cards, and the effects on them are:

-Lighthouse's one becomes useless
-Herbalist's one sucks anyway
-Highway is a cantrip, so the effect is like Lost Arts on a single card - not broken
-Groundskeeper, see above
-Bridge Troll becomes exactly the same as Highway
-Princess becomes a double Highway, which is super strong but there's only one and you'll lose the +Buy
-Goons is super strong anyway and you'll lose the +Buy
-Haggler does have the potential to become crazy, but you'll lose the +$2 and that's a combo with just one other card

naitchman

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: July 29, 2019, 11:36:03 pm »

Honestly I don't think this is a problem. There aren't that many "while in play" cards, and the effects on them are:

-Lighthouse's one becomes useless
-Herbalist's one sucks anyway
-Highway is a cantrip, so the effect is like Lost Arts on a single card - not broken
-Groundskeeper, see above
-Bridge Troll becomes exactly the same as Highway
-Princess becomes a double Highway, which is super strong but there's only one and you'll lose the +Buy
-Goons is super strong anyway and you'll lose the +Buy
-Haggler does have the potential to become crazy, but you'll lose the +$2 and that's a combo with just one other card

Yeah, I guess you're right that there aren't so many cases. Probably the best ones are haggler and goons. With one sprawling village you can play 4 goons (or hagglers) vs 3 if you changed it. The Loss of 2 coins (and a buy with goons) is probably worth it. Its much easier to set up goons or haggler engines with it (with 4 sv and 4 goons your deck can handle 9 additional terminals while still getting the goons benefit). That being said, it's only 2 cards that are really powerful, so you're probably right.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 11:40:31 pm by naitchman »

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: July 30, 2019, 06:53:09 am »
+4

Neighbouring Village
Types: Action
Cost: $3
+2 Actions. When you next play an Action card from your hand this turn, add 1 more to each +Card, +Buy, +$, and +VP amount it gives as you resolve it.
I think the wording could be improved (as I would definitely not get "Vault gives +$ equal to what you discarded +$1"), but I understand what you're getting at, so I will spare the pedantics.
It feels very promo-ish, because I don't think it would be worth its own complexities as an off-theme card inside an expansion proper. I think I like it. It has strong combos, but it is strongest with cards that give a variety of resources (at which point this turns into a Bazaar variant of sorts), which are rare enough that they would not typically mind the boost.

Fete
Cost: $4
Choose one: +1 Card; or +1 Action. Choose two (the choices can be the same): +1 Action; or +1 Buy; or +$1.
I think the Peddler option makes this too much of a no-brainer, let alone its other very decent choices. Maybe give it a buy restriction ($3 Grand Market?), weird cost (<6>?), or an additional benefit to buff it up to $5 (when you gain this, gain a differently named card costing exactly $5?).

Developing Village
Cost: $2+
+1 Action. Reveal the top card of your deck. You may trash it and gain a differently named card with the same cost to your hand. If you do, +1 Action; if you don't +1 Card.
When you buy this, you may overpay for it. For each $1 overpaid, +1 Villager
This doesn't need to reveal the card. You can just look at it.
While it shapes itself somewhat like a splitter, I think Developing Village is really hiding an immensely frustrating Estate trasher, largely because it costs $2+. I'd recommend a cost of $3+ instead just to avoid the ability to turn Estates into Developing Villages. I think I disagree that it doesn't need the overpay. There will be a fair number of boards where triggering the +Actions in this will be difficult. The overpay benefit might even need to be larger for an increased cost.
Exchanging the card instead of trashing it would be fine, but don't forget to specify that you exchange for a card in the Supply, because exchange does not imply that (existing Exchanges being the Travellers and Changeling with exchanges for a specific card).

Capital City
Cost: $5
+2 Cards, +2 Actions.
While this is in play, cards cost $1 more.
I'll ignore issues with timing and cost reduction.
Ideally, +1 Card should be worth more than +$1, but considering it really gives -$1 per Buy, and engine decks typically want to buy multiple cards (let alone other ways they care about card cost), this could probably even cost $3 and wouldn't be unreasonable. I'd want to give it some reason that it cares about the cost of cards.

Parish
Types: Action, Reserve
+1 Card, +1 Action. Put this on your Tavern mat.
Directly after you finish playing an Action card, you may call this for +2 Actions.
I think the things that make Coin of the Realm interesting are that it is a stop-card that you can functionally only use every other turn that provides an awkward number of +actions. Parish takes Coin of the Realm and removes about half of what makes it interesting, to an extent that I'd recommend going back to the drawing board with it.

Bookkeeper
Types: Night, Duration
The first time you play a card next turn, if it is an... Action card, +1 Card and +2 Actions; Treasure card, +1 Buy and +$2
This is gained to your hand.
The flexibility of this I'm not sure is worth the buff from Ghost Town (even though it gives +1 Action more). Its general similarity makes this less exciting to me, generally. Making the $ value worth more than the splitter would risk making Bookkeeper into a big-money enabler.

Donjon
Types: Action, Victory
+1 Card, +1 Action. You may discard a Victory card for +1 Card and +1 Action.
1VP
This reminds me a lot of Shepherd, but sideways. It only provides you sifting for 1 card, but leaves you with extra Actions. Having more tempo-VP cards I don't think is inherently amiss.

Merchant's Village
+2 Actions, +$1. You may reveal a Silver from your hand for +1 Card.
Merchant has this thing in it that I like to call an "anti-frustration" mechanism. I don't have to have a Silver presently to get the +$1 from Merchant, I just have to find it by the end of my deck. Merchant's Village varies from being worse than Squire to as good as Bazaar based upon whether or not I have a Silver. With very little way to help align it with a Silver, I suspect this will result in some swingy games.

Metropolis
Cost: $6
+1 Card, +3 Actions. +$1 per card you've played (including this) after the previous Metropolis you played this turn.
This one is a brilliant way to get a $6 splitter working. Having played with a similar card (the produces $ to a cap for playing actions after it) that had a hefty drawback, this will likely be a strong engine card on most boards with +Buy and will otherwise be ignored (which is totally reasonable).

Brewery
+2 Actions. Put up to 2 cards from your hand onto your deck. Discard your hand. If you discarded any cards this way, +3 Cards and +$2.
This one hurts my head a bit to look at just because the discard is mandatory. I don't doubt that it is strong, but it rubs me the wrong way.

Folon Village
Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck and discard them. Count the types among them and per revealed type you get: Action: +1 Action; Treasure: +$1; Victory: +1 Card; Curse: +1VP; Attack: Each other player gains a Ruins; Reaction: You may trash a card from your hand; Each other type: +1 Buy.
This seems a swingy tracking-nightmare like Ironmonger wasn't enough, even ignoring that it is an unblockable "Attack" assuming it appears with another Looter. If you want an effect like this, I'd always recommend making the effects require as little tracking as possible. Regardless of anything else, it is only a splitter by virtue of discarding the Actions you would otherwise want to play, which likely increases the likelihood that you don't have Actions to play, so I can't say that I'm a fan. The best use of Folon Village will likely be to try to manage a +VP engine with it around some other discarding cards.

Slave Merchant
Cost: $2
+2 Actions, +1 Buy, +$1. You may play a Treasure. You may buy a card.
Breaking convention of playing Treasures in the Buy phase is not something I personally like doing very much. Regardless, I think +2 Actions, +2 Buys, +$1 might be a bit strong at $2.

Slum Village
Types: Action, Reaction
+1 Card, +2 Actions
When an opponent trashes a card, you may discard this from your hand, to gain a copy of that card from the Supply.
I think this primarily shuts-down fun trash-for-benefit tricks without doing a lot else. I don't like the concept because it makes an entertaining thing you can't do every game anyway into a risky and bad idea.

Theatre
+1 Action. Play the card on the Theatre mat
Setup: Put a $2 costing Action that gives +1 Action unconditionally onto the Theatre mat.
A comprehensive list of the 15 existing cards that Theatre could play: Cellar, Lurker, Haven, Lighthouse, Pearl Diver, Hamlet, Vagrant, Candlestick Maker, Page, Ratcatcher, Raze, Patrician, Settlers, Pixie, and Border Guard.
I assume from the wording that you mean for Theatre to "Play the card on the Threatre mat, leaving it there." a la Necromancer. Under that assumption, Page, Ratcatcher, and Pixie (20%) make Theatre into an expensive Village with no further effect (except churning the Boons, I guess). Lighthouse and Haven being Durations will leave no cards out so that there will be untrackable Duration effects. The most powerful options I don't think are too unreasonable except for Lurker which sounds really unfun to deal with.

Hillside City
+1 Card, +2 Action. if you have an even number of cards in your hand: +1 Card.
Looks reasonable and vanilla.

Sprawling Village
The next time you play an Action card this turn, you may ignore its instructions and instead receive +1 Card, +2 Actions.
There are few enough "While this is in play" effects that I wouldn't worry too much about this being overpowered with those. My big concern is that this generally looks pretty bad next to Port. Having played with a self-Enchantress (which makes the card weaker than a Village admittedly, but just the same), losing one of your Action cards is typically a big cost, actually. (Discarding the card to avoid an "overpowered" in-play effect would make Sprawling Village significantly stronger because it would no longer consume your Action cards.) The ability to turn temporary cards (like trashers and cursers) and cheap Actions into Villages is neat, but fairly niche, so this will mostly be an expensive Village. I suppose Dominion can't really have too many of those.

Midwife
Types: Action, Night
If it's your night phase, +1 Villager. Otherwise, +2 Actions, +$1.
This one is neat. It would probably be fine at a cost of $2. Compared to Squire you can't draw it dead and you can set aside its +Action later, but only by losing the +$ it gives, which is a pretty expensive cost as far as tempo is concerned.

Plantation
+1 Card, +1 Action. You may discard a card from your hand. If it is an... Action card: +1 Card and +1 Action; Treasure Card: Gain a Plantation.
This compares very poorly to Hamlet. I would try to vary it more from Hamlet by giving +2 Actions regardless and discarding for either gaining a Plantation or getting a +Card.

Campsite
+2 Actions. If you have 4 or more Actions (Actions, not Action cards), +2 Cards.
You gut reaction to make it 4 unused Actions seems correct for a $2 splitter. You'll often want to buy a bunch of them just because +2 Actions is that useful.

Crowded Village
+2 Actions. If there is at most 1 empty Supply pile, +1 Card. If there are no empty Supply piles, +1 Card.
This would definitely compare poorly to Lost City at $5, but the big problem is all the same problems as Poacher: In multiplayer games, the Supply emptying is a constant concern, but in 2-player games it takes a particular setup. Crowded Village will likely be far too strong in 2-player games. I think this needs some effect to help push the Supply piles (and possibly raise its price to $5).
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: July 30, 2019, 09:20:46 am »

Folon Village
Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck and discard them. Count the types among them and per revealed type you get: Action: +1 Action; Treasure: +$1; Victory: +1 Card; Curse: +1VP; Attack: Each other player gains a Ruins; Reaction: You may trash a card from your hand; Each other type: +1 Buy.
This seems a swingy tracking-nightmare like Ironmonger wasn't enough
You mean a tracking "nightmare" like Throne Room, King's Court and other cards that are type-conditional like Tribute and Courtier? I actually have a small abacus in my box to precisely deal with those tracking "nightmares". So far I have only needed it in KC games, everything else was doable without.

even ignoring that it is an unblockable "Attack" assuming it appears with another Looter.
You seemingly missed my post in which I pointed out that this card obviously wants Ruins in the Supply. As there is no space on the card and as making it a Looter makes the card too self-reflexive, you can simply imagine a FAQ which says, "In games using this, Ruins are in the Supply." or whatever.

Regardless of anything else, it is only a splitter by virtue of discarding the Actions you would otherwise want to play, which likely increases the likelihood that you don't have Actions to play, so I can't say that I'm a fan.
Actually it is the other way around, at least during build-up. This isn't an anti-Wandering Ministrel, it doesn't discriminate among the types so the cycling is pretty useful during building up as it increases the likelihood of shuffling which again increases the action density in your deck.

The best use of Folon Village will likely be to try to manage a +VP engine with it around some other discarding cards..
More like the most borderline use.
Sure, in a deck drawing engine you could try to keep 3 Curses in your deck to generate 3 VPs via this. Seems pretty hard to pull off though; you need to precisely draw everything but those very 3 Curses and then still have Forlorn Villages left to play.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:25:03 am by segura »

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: July 30, 2019, 09:23:38 am »

A Tribute/Courtier kind of thing. The wording is a bit unclear, to clarify I mean that types can get counted several times.
So when you do e.g. reveal 3 Coppers, it is a terminal Gold and when you do e.g. reveal a Smithy, Market Square and a Silver, it is:
+2 Actions
+
Trash a card from your hand.

You can just make it a looter (in order for ruins to be in the supply) but not an attack.
This is indeed a clean solution but the problem is that it would make Forlorn Village gift Buys in all Kingdoms. I prefer the card to be more Kingdom dependent.

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #2974 on: July 30, 2019, 09:34:13 am »

Fete
Choose one: +1 Card; or +1 Action. Choose two (the choices can be the same): +1 Action; or +1 Buy; or +$1.
I think the Peddler option makes this too much of a no-brainer, let alone its other very decent choices. Maybe give it a buy restriction ($3 Grand Market?), weird cost (<6>?), or an additional benefit to buff it up to $5 (when you gain this, gain a differently named card costing exactly $5?).

I think the most elegant solution to prevent against the no-brainer peddler is move the money option to the first choice.

I'm revising my entry.

Fete
Action
$4
Choose one: +1 Card; +1 Action; or +$1.
Choose two (the choices may be the same): +1 Action; or +1 Buy.
-
revision 2
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:56:06 am by spineflu »
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.474 seconds with 21 queries.