Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1546354 times)

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #2875 on: July 25, 2019, 12:38:21 am »

There wasn't any 24 hour warning. Just wanted to check, does the contest end tomorrow?

About 16 hours from now will be 7 days from when the challenge was issued. That's all I know.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 12:41:01 am by Kudasai »

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: July 25, 2019, 01:49:41 am »

Judgment Day is almost upon us.

I'll be asleep by the time the 7 days run out, so you are going to have 24 hours from now for further submissions.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

artless

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: July 25, 2019, 06:58:49 am »

Construct
Event: $3
Until the end of this turn, when you buy a card costing $3 to $6, gain a copy of it.

Heirloom: Pouch

The synergy is straightforward: this event requires + buy, while pouch provides it.
I like big endgame plays, so it is not limited to non-victory card.
Cost restriction is necessary.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 08:20:20 pm by artless »

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: July 25, 2019, 10:28:33 am »
+1

Construct
Until the end of this turn, when you buy a card, gain a copy of it.

The synergy is straightforward: this event requires + buy, while pouch provides it.
This would be fine if it were restricted to non-Victory cards. Without this restriction it is too strong. You only need to hit $11 (instead of $16) and 2 Buys to gain 2 Provinces respectively $19 (instead of $32) and 3 Buys to gain 4 Provinces.

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: July 25, 2019, 11:03:18 am »
+3

I personally was never bothered by counting your deck with Philosophers Stone (although it's been years since I've actually played one) but I'd understand if this gets marked down for that. You should be able to count once and then keep track pretty easily anyway. Goat helps with keeping the deck small and you can also draw cards to reduce deck size, but then maybe you don't need the extra card so much! The effect is simple because deck counting is probably one of the more taxing mechanics a card can have, don't want things to become too confusing. I haven't been feeling particularly creative this week, I'll blame the heat.

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: July 25, 2019, 11:36:57 am »

I personally was never bothered by counting your deck with Philosophers Stone (although it's been years since I've actually played one) but I'd understand if this gets marked down for that. You should be able to count once and then keep track pretty easily anyway. Goat helps with keeping the deck small and you can also draw cards to reduce deck size, but then maybe you don't need the extra card so much! The effect is simple because deck counting is probably one of the more taxing mechanics a card can have, don't want things to become too confusing. I haven't been feeling particularly creative this week, I'll blame the heat.

Agreed on counting decks - and in this case especially, you can stop once you get to 11, so shouldn't be too bad.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
Re: Contest #37: Use existing Heirloom
« Reply #2881 on: July 25, 2019, 11:57:26 am »
+1

My previous submission was lame, so I've changed it to this. Changed in my OP as well.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 12:02:10 pm by Gubump »
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: July 25, 2019, 11:59:32 am »

My previous submission was lame, so I've changed it to this. Changed in my OP as well.

There's already an official Landmark called Museum. Seems like the name could be related to Merchant, of course.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: July 25, 2019, 02:10:29 pm »

OK, here's v0.2 of Collector. Still not in love with it, but now trashing happens at start of cleanup. So it's similar to improve (thanks, Kudasai), but:
• gives +1 Action, instead of +$2 (which works better for Magic Lamp)
• requires you to trash, once you've set aside a card
• can be used on treasure or Night

I changed the "up to" to "exactly" so that it can be useful to trash your Coppers, if nothing else

What I want is to still figure out a clever way to limit the setting side some. (I considered something like "during your buy phase, when you play a Treasure, you may set Aside an action card you have in play; this of course would eliminate the third bullet point).

« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:03:30 pm by scolapasta »

naitchman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +260
    • View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: July 25, 2019, 03:59:22 pm »

Construct

This would be fine if it were restricted to non-Victory cards. Without this restriction it is too strong. You only need to hit $11 (instead of $16) and 2 Buys to gain 2 Provinces respectively $19 (instead of $32) and 3 Buys to gain 4 Provinces.

even with a victory card restriction this can be OP. Anytime I would buy 2 of any card $4 or more, I'm getting a good deal. Keep in mind that there's no limit on how many of these you can buy so this with 3 buys and $13 you can get 4 $5 cards. Technically if it were just $5 or $6 cards it would be ok (even though it's a good deal, everyone can get it equally just like delve), but if there are potion cost cards or very expensive cards like overlord, city quarter, prince, or king's court this can be way too strong.

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: July 25, 2019, 05:11:38 pm »

Construct

even with a victory card restriction this can be OP. Anytime I would buy 2 of any card $4 or more, I'm getting a good deal. Keep in mind that there's no limit on how many of these you can buy so this with 3 buys and $13 you can get 4 $5 cards.
4 Buys, the Event is "terminal". I would not worry about this though. Sure, with $13 you might otherwise buy a Province and a $5 instead of still building up further but it is not as crazy as with Provinces.

Technically if it were just $5 or $6 cards it would be ok (even though it's a good deal, everyone can get it equally just like delve), but if there are potion cost cards or very expensive cards like overlord, city quarter, prince, or king's court this can be way too strong.
Good point so a cost limitation is probably best.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: July 25, 2019, 07:03:17 pm »

OK, here's v0.2 of Collector. Still not in love with it, but now trashing happens at start of cleanup. So it's similar to improve (thanks, Kudasai), but:
• gives +1 Action, instead of +$2 (which works better for Magic Lamp)
• requires you to trash, once you've set aside a card
• can be used on treasure or Night

I changed the "up to" to "exactly" so that it can be useful to trash your Coppers, if nothing else

What I want is to still figure out a clever way to limit the setting side some. (I considered something like "during your buy phase, when you play a Treasure, you may set Aside an action card you have in play; this of course would eliminate the third bullet point).

OK, I think I figured out a reasonable penalty for setting aside; possibly missing the next shuffle.

You now discard the remaining set aside cards *after* you draw your next hand. Also, since now cards get discarded instead of being put back in play, the setting aside is restricted to non Duration cards.

This also puts a little more separation between it and Improve.

(I've updated both my initial post and the Trello board)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 07:17:37 pm by scolapasta »

artless

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: July 25, 2019, 08:17:36 pm »

Construct

even with a victory card restriction this can be OP. Anytime I would buy 2 of any card $4 or more, I'm getting a good deal. Keep in mind that there's no limit on how many of these you can buy so this with 3 buys and $13 you can get 4 $5 cards.
4 Buys, the Event is "terminal". I would not worry about this though. Sure, with $13 you might otherwise buy a Province and a $5 instead of still building up further but it is not as crazy as with Provinces.

Technically if it were just $5 or $6 cards it would be ok (even though it's a good deal, everyone can get it equally just like delve), but if there are potion cost cards or very expensive cards like overlord, city quarter, prince, or king's court this can be way too strong.
Good point so a cost limitation is probably best.

Overlord is a big problem.

anordinaryman

• Duke
  • Respect: +502
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: July 25, 2019, 11:56:56 pm »

Lucky Coin needs a card that goes with it that gets more love than Fool. So here's a card that has a use for all those silvers. It simply converts those silvers into coffers, nice! And when you're done with Lucky Coin you can scrap those too.But what do you do with those coffers? Well, here's a card that I believe finally balances the pay for buys mechanic. Since cards all cost 1$ more, you have to pay 1$ extra for each buy (unless you're in the endgame and want victory cards). Where do you get that extra $? Perhaps coffers from a previous play of Metal Scrapper! I believe this card balances the pay for buys mechanic (it's pretty similar to traveling fair but works as a card instead of an event) by making you sacrifice a 2-cost action or better card. It sort of creates its own buy tokens! It simultaneously provides a pretty motivating reason to increase the cost of cards, which has some nice synergy with other trash for benefits (like allowing Catapult to attack with estates).

Though it looks similar, this is a lot worse at trashing your starting 10 cards than Catapult is. You can't trash estates with it, and trashing coppers doesn't attack your opponents. However, it makes up with its flexibility in converting silvers into coffers for help in the mid to late game. If you're clever, you can play two metal scrappers to increase the cost of coppers and then trash a third to get coffers. This seems like a lot of work just to get 2 coffers out of three coppers, well, I can't make all your decisions for you. I can only point out some of the interesting ways this card combos with itself.

There's a lot of ways to change this card. I had a bunch of variants: I could allow it to trash victory cards but not giving a bonus for trashing victory cards (felt more complicated to add a double condition), I could allow it to trash victory cards but only giving bonuses for trashing cards costing 3 or more (I then preventing it from getting benefits from 2-cost action cards and I wanted that), or I could allow it to trash victory cards and get the benefit (more powerful than I wanted this card to be). Ultimately you can see the decision I went with, but I welcome any feedback for this card, even after judging is over. Thank you!

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: July 26, 2019, 12:17:34 am »

Lucky Coin needs a card that goes with it that gets more love than Fool. So here's a card that has a use for all those silvers. It simply converts those silvers into coffers, nice! And when you're done with Lucky Coin you can scrap those too.But what do you do with those coffers? Well, here's a card that I believe finally balances the pay for buys mechanic. Since cards all cost 1$ more, you have to pay 1$ extra for each buy (unless you're in the endgame and want victory cards). Where do you get that extra $? Perhaps coffers from a previous play of Metal Scrapper! I believe this card balances the pay for buys mechanic (it's pretty similar to traveling fair but works as a card instead of an event) by making you sacrifice a 2-cost action or better card. It sort of creates its own buy tokens! It simultaneously provides a pretty motivating reason to increase the cost of cards, which has some nice synergy with other trash for benefits (like allowing Catapult to attack with estates).

Though it looks similar, this is a lot worse at trashing your starting 10 cards than Catapult is. You can't trash estates with it, and trashing coppers doesn't attack your opponents. However, it makes up with its flexibility in converting silvers into coffers for help in the mid to late game. If you're clever, you can play two metal scrappers to increase the cost of coppers and then trash a third to get coffers. This seems like a lot of work just to get 2 coffers out of three coppers, well, I can't make all your decisions for you. I can only point out some of the interesting ways this card combos with itself.

There's a lot of ways to change this card. I had a bunch of variants: I could allow it to trash victory cards but not giving a bonus for trashing victory cards (felt more complicated to add a double condition), I could allow it to trash victory cards but only giving bonuses for trashing cards costing 3 or more (I then preventing it from getting benefits from 2-cost action cards and I wanted that), or I could allow it to trash victory cards and get the benefit (more powerful than I wanted this card to be). Ultimately you can see the decision I went with, but I welcome any feedback for this card, even after judging is over. Thank you!

One quick question: not sure what you mean by " It simultaneously provides a pretty motivating reason to increase the cost of cards, which has some nice synergy with other trash for benefits (like allowing Catapult to attack with estates)”?

Estates would still only cost $2.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: July 26, 2019, 03:03:47 am »
+3

Thank you for all the submissions! As usual, you produced a lot of interesting ideas, and deciding was hard. I will go through the cards in alphabetical order.

Breeder by Commodore Chuckles
Breeder
$4 - Action
Heirloom: Pasture

+1 Action
Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. If one has a type that the other does not, put them both into your hand. Otherwise, put one in your hand and the other back.
I am not sure why this was paired with Pasture. It makes it weaker than it would be otherwise, and this is already a kind of weak card. It also doesn't really give an incentive to keep Estates around.

City Farm by Gazbag
City Farm
$5 - Action
Heirloom: Goat

+1 Card
+2 Actions
Count your deck and discard pile. If there are 10 or fewer cards total between them, +1 Card.
I like that this gives extra draw that's hard to use. There is an interesting push-pull mechanic where the more easily you can activate this, the less likely you need it. It may be a bit too powerful in the early/mid game as with Goat, it takes a while for your deck to grow.

Collector by scolapasta
Collector
$4 - Action
Heirloom: Magic Lamp

+1 Action
At the end of your turn (after drawing), trash a card you set aside with Collector and gain a card costing exactly $1 more than it. Discard the rest.
-
While this is in play, when you play a non-Duration card, you may set it aside.
I feel like this is just a more complicated version of Improve? It is a bit more flexible, but on the other hand the on-play effect is weaker. Also this does not ensure that 6 different cards can be play in a turn, which I think a card that has Magic Lamp as its Heirloom should.

Construct by artless
Construct
$3 - Event

Until the end of this turn, when you buy a card costing $3 to $6, gain a copy of it.
This is like a more straightforward version of Talisman/Stonemason. I think it will too often be automatic and not create interesting decisions.

Drawbridge by NoMoreFun
Drawbridge
Night/Duration - $4

From the top of your deck, set-aside (face down) a card, plus another card per unused Buy. At the start of your next turn, put the set-aside cards into your hand.
-
This is gained to your hand (instead of your discard pile).
This has a fairly broad range in terms of how useful it will be... there are cards that give you abundant buy (Workers' Village) and other times it's harder to come buy. This is somewhat offset by the fact that when you have lots of buys, you likely won't have a lot of cards left in your draw pile. That makes it feel overall more balanced. My only concern is that it might be too strong to just be able to set aside this turn's buys in a deck-drawing engine.

Friar by Fragasnap
Friar
$2 - Action

Trash a card from your hand. If it costs at least $3, gain a Duchy and an Estate. Otherwise, gain 2 Estates.
I have a hard time judging the usefulness of this. Feels like there is a very small window near the endgame when you would prefer this over nothing and over Estate. I'm not sure it has enough of an impact to make Pasture matter.

Gallery by Gubump
Gallery
$8 -  Project
Heirloom: Lucky Coin

During your turn, when you play a Silver, +1$
This is pretty expensive compared to Training. I think a lot of the time, you'd prefer a Province, as with lots of Silvers in your deck, you're already in good shape for buying Provinces. It may hav a place for when you struggle to hit $8 due to discard attacks, but then again, when you struggle to hit $8, you'll have a hard time buying this.

Gambler by spineflu
Gambler
$4 - Action

+1 Buy
+2$

When you play this, reveal the top two cards of your deck. If the revealed cards cost less than $7 total, reveal either 1 or 2 more cards. If all the revealed cards cost exactly $7 total, +3$ and trash a card revealed this way. Otherwise, put your deck into your discard pile. Discard all cards revealed by this card.
First of all I think all costs should specify  "in coins" to make this not be completely pointless with Debt/Potions. It#s a bit too random for my taste, I wish there was more you could do to influence the outcome rather than just deciding 1 vs 2 extra cards. You could also cut down on text by just saying "Reveal the top 2 cards of your deck. Reveal up to 2 more cards. If all..." Finally, I'm not sure what the putting your deck in your discard does for this, it just seems unnecessarily complicated.

Goblin by majiponi
Goblin
$4 - Action
Heirloom: Poach

+$2
This turn, cards cost $1 less per a card you bought, but not less than $2.
I think it has been pointed out that this interacts weirdsly with cards costing less than $0. It also interacts weirdly with other cost-reducers. While generally I think pairing cost reducers with Puch is smart, I wish this just had the standard "not less than $0".

Kelpie by mail-mi
Kelpie
$4 -  Action/Reaction
Heirloom: Cursed Gold

+1 Card
+1 Action
+1 Buy
You may discard any number of Curses for +$1 each.
----
When you gain a Curse, you may reveal then discard this from your hand, to return up to 2 cards from your hand to the supply
I think this is a very nice fit for Cursed Gold. Usually cards that do things with Curses are problematic since you have to add a mechainic that makes you want to gain Curses without them being super strong. But here, Cursed Gold already takes care of this. The extra Buy is nice for Cursed Gold's extra cash. It's also good that the reaction, while still usable when you are attacked with a Curser, it quite costly then so it doesn't discourage going for those attacks too much.

Liminal Arch by Kudasai
Liminal Arch
$6 - Night/Victory

If the number of Actions and the number of Treasures you have in play are the same, +1 VP per Action/Treasure pair you have in play.
-
2 VP
I really like the concept here, but I think you want to have a way for this to move the game towards ending. Could be making to play effect on-gain, or draining some other pile, or it trashing something that you played in order to work.

Manor by math
Manor
$5 - Action
Heirloom: Haunted Mirror

+1 Card
+1 Action
If this is the first time you played a Manor this turn, you may trash a card from your hand.
-
When you gain this, gain another Manor (that doesn't come with another).
Feels a bit swingy; when you collide them in a shuffle, that will be a setback. You could trash Hautned Mirror on a collision, offsetting this somewhat, but you need to have it in hand (and Gost isn't so strong that this is always a good thing). Other than that the design is neat and simple.

Meadow by King Leon
Meadow
$2 -  Action

You may gain a Meadow. If you didn’t: +1 Card +1 Action
-
When you trash this, +3 Coffers
I like having the on-trash effect paired with Goat, but I think this is too automatic. When you have $2, it's never bad to get this, and often it's going to be pretty useful. I think this want to be either more expensive or not a cantrip.

Metal Scrapper by anordinaryman
Metal Scrapper
$3 - Action

+1$
Trash a non-Victory card from your hand. If it costs $2 or more, choose one: +2 Coffers, or +2 buys and this turn, non-Victory cards (everywhere) cost $1 more.
Comparing this trash Silver for benefit effect to something like Catapult, it's a bit underwhelming. Not sure I'd want the get additional Silvers just for this. Also, the cost increase is a wonky mechanic with some rules confusion and since it's not central to this card, I would prefer if it wasn't there.

Modeller by Aquila
Modeller
$4 - Night

Name a card you've trashed a copy of this turn. Gain a non-Victory card costing up to $2 more than it.
Fun little Workshop/Remodel variant. I like it. Not sure how much it is hurt by not being able to gain Provinces, but that's probably a good move as with that, it would definitely be too strong.

Night Worker by segura
Night Worker
$5 - Night

For each card you have gained this turn, if it is...
an Action card, +1 Villager
a Treasure card, +1 Coffers
a Victory card, +1 VP
-
This is gained to your hand (instead of your discard pile).
Passing up an Iron theme, huh? I'm not sure this needed to have Pouch to be interesting. The most useful option a lot of the time is going to be the Villagers, and I feel that it's a bit too good here? Like 2 of those should solve all your problems in a decent engine. Also being a Night card it's odd that it does not provide a benefit for gained Night cards.

Shrunken Lamp by grrgrrgrr
Shrunken Lamp
$3 - Project
Heirloom: Magic Lamp

When you play Magic Lamp, if there are at least 4 cards you have exactly one copy of in play, trash it. If you do, gain 2 Wishes from the Wish pile. (you no longer gain 3 Wishes)
I don't quite like that ths solely revolves around an Heirloom, and my least favorite Heirloom at that. I also don't like that this effectively harms you if you do manage to line up 6 uniques after buying it.

Silversmith by 4est
Silversmith
$4 - Action

+2 Cards
+1 Buy
-
While this is in play, when you play a Silver, you may play it again. If you do, trash it.
Basically turning Silvers into super-Spoils. I think it's going to be too strong, especially with other mid-turn Silver gainers. Maybe try it at $5?

Tropical Island by naitchman
Tropical Island
$5 - Action/Victory

You may put this or a card from you hand onto your Island mat.
I don't think this needs Pasture at all. Also I think there's a good reason Island is hard to use as otherwise greening would be too easy. I'm not a fan of this one, sorry.

My final verdict is:

Runners-up: City Farm by Gazbag, Modeller by Aquila, Drawbridge by NoMoreFun
Winner: Kelpie by mail-mi

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: July 26, 2019, 04:46:20 am »

Thanks for the win faust!

So I have no idea what number challenge this is, but it's a basic one: Create a Village.

The only rule is that the card must itself provide some source of extra actions. So Throne Room variants and Lost Arts wouldn't count, but Barracks would. Also cards that give Villagers wouldn’t count unless the card also gave some source of extra actions. I will comment on submissions that don't count (I'm bad at remembering to +1 things).

I'll be on vacation at this time next week, so the deadline will likely be in slightly longer than 1 week (I get back Saturday).

Submissions will be judged on originality, creativity, balance, and fun.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 05:09:19 am by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: July 26, 2019, 05:01:46 am »

So Throne Room variants and Lost Arts wouldn't count, but Academy would.
Not sure what your distinction is here; Academy doesn't provice Actions by itself, it requires that there are Action cards to be gained.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: July 26, 2019, 05:07:51 am »

So Throne Room variants and Lost Arts wouldn't count, but Academy would.
Not sure what your distinction is here; Academy doesn't provice Actions by itself, it requires that there are Action cards to be gained.
Ah, shoot, I got those mixed up, that should be Barracks, not Academy. I’ll go fix that.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Aquila

• Minion
  • Respect: +764
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread #38: Village
« Reply #2894 on: July 26, 2019, 05:44:20 am »
+2

I was literally just toying with this idea before the contest was posted, that's why I'm in so quick. This Village needs an immediate neighbour played after it to be worthwhile. What said neighbour is affects what vanilla you get. You resolve the card, and add an extra 1 to all +card, buy and $ amounts as you get them; so if you play standard Village, you get +2 Cards +2 Actions. Market will be +2 Cards +1 Action +2 Buys +$2. Vault will be +3 Cards, +$1 per card discarded, then another +$1 if you discarded any cards (you got a +$ amount, then added 1 on; you don't add 1 to the number on the instructions). Hireling isn't giving you anything as you resolve it, so no extra bonuses.
Didn't seem sensible to add +Actions on. +Villagers similarly. Could do Coffers, but keeping simple for now. No set has Coffers and VP in it yet.
Trying to be a skill Village liking precise lining up.

Edit: made the vanilla gain be on the next Action played 'from hand' (lets throning and playing these from other places be meaningful) and added VP to the possible vanilla.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:02:49 pm by Aquila »

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #2895 on: July 26, 2019, 10:07:22 am »
+1

Priced at $4 so everyone can open with it if they want to / so no one is priced out of it before their first reshuffle. In pretty much every configuration it's worse than Market or Festival also which makes the $4 price point seem right.

Edit: revised version:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:34:57 am by spineflu »

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: July 26, 2019, 10:11:59 am »
+3

Priced at $4 so everyone can open with it if they want to / so no one is priced out of it before their first reshuffle. In pretty much every configuration it's worse than Market or Festival also which makes the $4 price point seem right.
It is pretty much strictly better than Poacher though.

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: July 26, 2019, 10:16:45 am »

tbh i think poacher's overpriced given the penalty. still, good point. worth changing the card, do you think?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: July 26, 2019, 10:55:28 am »
+1

tbh i think poacher's overpriced given the penalty. still, good point. worth changing the card, do you think?

It's not just that it's strictly better than Poacher, it's strictly better than Peddler at also. It's Village any time you need a Village, Market Square if you need that, one of the few cards in the game that allows you to get +2 buys, also just a Silver if you need that... I'm pretty sure it's at least powerful enough to need to be .
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: July 26, 2019, 11:46:20 am »

EDIT: here's the prompt if you're looking for it (from p116):
Thanks for the win faust!

So I have no idea what number challenge this is, but it's a basic one: Create a Village.

The only rule is that the card must itself provide some source of extra actions. So Throne Room variants and Lost Arts wouldn't count, but Barracks would. Also cards that give Villagers wouldn’t count unless the card also gave some source of extra actions. I will comment on submissions that don't count (I'm bad at remembering to +1 things).

I'll be on vacation at this time next week, so the deadline will likely be in slightly longer than 1 week (I get back Saturday).

Submissions will be judged on originality, creativity, balance, and fun.

It's not just that it's strictly better than Poacher, it's strictly better than Peddler at also. It's Village any time you need a Village, Market Square if you need that, one of the few cards in the game that allows you to get +2 buys, also just a Silver if you need that... I'm pretty sure it's at least powerful enough to need to be .

Alright so I had this at $5 originally but I figured if you open 5/2 but your opponent doesn't, it's going to give the 5/2 player an unfair advantage, right? $4 is probably underpriced but gets rid of the 5/2 player problem

$5 is also overpriced for a couple of the configurations:
• +1 Card +2 Actions
• +1 Card +$2
• +1 Action +$2

What would yall think about bumping it up to $6 and having the first choice be "choose two, the choices can be the same"?
That way you can have it be a money lab if you need that for some reason, or a market/festival, but it's out of reach of the 5/2 player, or also you can do weird shit like have it be +4 actions and you just stock up on terminals, for some reason. Then its mostly up against gold but has some solid modularity to play well in whatever deck.

edit: sorry for bumping this whole deal to a new page.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 11:49:18 am by spineflu »
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.