Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1547878 times)

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #2250 on: June 04, 2019, 07:05:49 pm »
+1

Ah okay now I understand. Thanks gendo Ikari

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: June 05, 2019, 12:33:13 am »
+1

Just some minor feedback for future judges -- please include links to the entries when judging comes around. It's a pain in the @ss to look back and find every entry to know what you're talking about, especially when some people don't have easy-to-spot, fancy mockups for their cards.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

naitchman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +260
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: June 05, 2019, 09:33:16 am »

So should we set a time today at which if MeNowDealWithIt doesn't start the next challenge, Segura will take over as judge?

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
  • Respect: +409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: June 05, 2019, 10:15:23 am »

Is 48 hours after the post announcing the winner a reasonable amount of time? That would be tomorrow at 1:06 AM my time zone (EDT or UTC-4). Or is that too generous? Should it be 36 hours?
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: June 05, 2019, 10:34:00 am »

Because this week's judging was a bit earlier than normal, I think time needs to be allowed to account for that. The last challenge was posted a week ago from today, so I think today is when the "extra time" clock should be started, not when the results were announced a couple days ago. So maybe 24 hours from this evening, giving exactly 8 days from when the last one was started?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

naitchman

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +260
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: June 05, 2019, 10:37:47 am »

Because this week's judging was a bit earlier than normal, I think time needs to be allowed to account for that. The last challenge was posted a week ago from today, so I think today is when the "extra time" clock should be started, not when the results were announced a couple days ago. So maybe 24 hours from this evening, giving exactly 8 days from when the last one was started?
But then again it was stated in the original post that the contest would end on Tuesday at Noon, meaning the clock has already started (and is almost done).

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: June 05, 2019, 01:22:23 pm »

Just some minor feedback for future judges -- please include links to the entries when judging comes around. It's a pain in the @ss to look back and find every entry to know what you're talking about, especially when some people don't have easy-to-spot, fancy mockups for their cards.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one, but I don't know how to link to the entries.  I don't speak computer. I haz the dumb when it comes to tech

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: June 05, 2019, 01:49:58 pm »

I'm guessing I'm not the only one, but I don't know how to link to the entries.  I don't speak computer. I haz the dumb when it comes to tech

This is something I figured out the other day, actually.
[ url=<insert url for what you want to link to here>]<insert text for the link>[ /url]
To find the url of an entry, go to where that entry is located, and click the link at the top of the message where it says "Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread" (for example. It will say whatever the thread name is.) Then copy whatever is in your url bar (I don't know what it's called).
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 01:53:43 pm by hhelibebcnofnena »
Hydrogen Helium Lithium Beryllium Boron Carbon Nitrogen Oxygen Fluorine Neon Sodium

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: June 05, 2019, 02:00:13 pm »
+1

Just right click the title of an individual post and "Copy Link Address".
Then add:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=18987.msg802863#msg802863]This is a link to your post[/url]
That will look like this:
This is a link to your post

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:07:44 pm by scolapasta »
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MeNowDealWithIt

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: MeNowDealWithIt
  • Why does it say "Pearl Diver"
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: June 05, 2019, 04:57:11 pm »
+4

Sorry for the late reply starting the new chain; Didn't think I'd actually win.

Challenge #32: Make me skip chapel!

Basically, in a kingdom with the card (-shaped object) you design for this contest, and chapel, make it frequently a viable strategy never to buy a chapel.

Printed things that do this that come to mind include (but might not be limited to) Donate, Cathedral, Gardens, Philo-stone, and Fountain. Entries will be judged based on:
* How likely they are to make me skip chapel (You usually buy Chapel even when Gardens is on the board.)
* How much they don't completely break the game (You obv skip chapel in a game with a $2 Event that says "Gain the province pile")
* How much I personally like them (duh)

I'll try to judge on Monday, June 10.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: June 05, 2019, 05:23:02 pm »

Something something

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: June 05, 2019, 05:35:04 pm »

The idea behind this was to add a penalty for trashing too much. However, games w/o trashing aren't usually quite as fun, so I also wanted to include a built-in way to trash that avoided the penalty. Probably changes the game a lot more than the already-existing Landmarks, but I figure that anything that makes Chapel skippable on a regular basis would have to be.

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: June 05, 2019, 05:42:35 pm »
+1

Hoard House - Landmark

The first time you trash a card from your hand, remove your Hoarder token from here.
When scoring, if your Hoarder token is on this, 18vp.
-
Setup: Each player starts with their Hoarder token on this.

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: June 05, 2019, 06:21:50 pm »

Sorry for the late reply starting the new chain; Didn't think I'd actually win.

Challenge #32: Make me skip chapel!

Basically, in a kingdom with the card (-shaped object) you design for this contest, and chapel, make it frequently a viable strategy never to buy a chapel.

Printed things that do this that come to mind include (but might not be limited to) Donate, Cathedral, Gardens, Philo-stone, and Fountain. Entries will be judged based on:
* How likely they are to make me skip chapel (You usually buy Chapel even when Gardens is on the board.)
* How much they don't completely break the game (You obv skip chapel in a game with a $2 Event that says "Gain the province pile")
* How much I personally like them (duh)

I'll try to judge on Monday, June 10.

Interesting. I almost did a very similar challenge this last week. Very exciting!

How do you feel about cards that counter Chapel? Specifically a card that only has strength when other players trash (or in this case have Chapel), but is otherwise weak. So it would likely make you skip Chapel if other players ended up not skipping Chapel.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: June 05, 2019, 07:38:37 pm »

Yes, it's mathy. So are actual taxes. :P
If you didn't get the point, this is supposed to encourage you to keep the average cost of cards in your deck low. I struggled with finding a way to encourage a deck of cheap cards that usually matters but isn't too brutal.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 07:45:40 pm by Commodore Chuckles »

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: June 05, 2019, 07:41:23 pm »

That's a very interesting concept. It wouldn't work quite as well IRL, but as an online only card, I think it would lead to some interesting new strategies.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: June 05, 2019, 10:24:53 pm »
+1

« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:07:09 am by ClouduHieh »

Freddy10

• Thief
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: June 05, 2019, 10:53:18 pm »

Is not the effect the opposite? You want to trim your deck to play as many bulls as possible in order to bury your opponents  in piles of dung and after that trash as many cards as possible to lower their points
Who trashes the trashers?

hhelibebcnofnena

• Minion
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: June 05, 2019, 11:30:27 pm »

Small wording change suggestion for Pile of Dung:

When this is trashed you trash this, put it back into your hand.

Small change, but it would make it consistent with Fortress.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: June 05, 2019, 11:35:29 pm »

Well people will think twice before buying chapel, for awhile at least. The player with the least amount of dung piles will still think twice about buying chapel.

I thought the point of the contest was to make a card that would make players avoid chapel. With a pile of dung you will avoid buying chapel. With a pile of dung in the game players players will probably think keeping their coppers and estates is better than a huge minus score. In a 4 player game let’s say 30 cards are in the trash that’s the exact of opposite of a province, if that’s the case all players will probably have a minus score at the end of game. So all players will avoid trashing cards and if that’s the case, then that’s the real point of this card. No minus score from a pile of dung means no buying chapel and no trashing cards. Which I thought was the point of this contest in the first place.

Make a card that makes buying chapel a bad idea.

And fixed pile of dungs wording
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 11:39:24 pm by ClouduHieh »

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: June 06, 2019, 01:54:00 am »

I don't know if this is on your end as well, but I only see Pile of Dung. The other is just a "the image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available" message.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

ClouduHieh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: June 06, 2019, 02:06:37 am »

let me know if bull isn’t their I think I just fixed it. Although I don’t know for sure cause I saw the original bull just fine.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 02:08:10 am by ClouduHieh »

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: June 06, 2019, 02:36:51 am »

let me know if bull isn’t their I think I just fixed it. Although I don’t know for sure cause I saw the original bull just fine.

It is fixed now.

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: June 06, 2019, 02:38:19 am »
+2

Schoolhouse
$4 - Action - Victory
Put up to 2 cards costing $2 or less from your hand onto your Schoolhouse mat.
-
Worth 1VP per 5 cards on your Schoolhouse mat.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: June 06, 2019, 03:07:12 am »
+1

Trench
Landmark
When scoring, -1 VP per card you have below 40.

The opposite of Wall.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.