Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1546508 times)

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #1700 on: April 04, 2019, 07:19:34 am »
+1

I have an idea....

Silverbank $4
action
+1 action
Show up to 4 silvers from your hand. +1 card per Silver shown.
This is pretty weak. Sure, it's nonterminal, but apart from that it's worse than Coppersmith. For instance, it is limited to at most +4$, and unlike with Coppers, you don't start with Silvers in your deck. Of course Silvers are better than Coppers, but you forego buying something else instead.
It doesn't produce Coins but draws.
I agree that it seems weak but like Shepherd it could be great "support draw", i.e. when you have something else in your deck that draws this might be pretty decent.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5344
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: April 04, 2019, 08:04:07 am »

I have an idea....

Silverbank $4
action
+1 action
This is pretty weak. Sure, it's nonterminal, but apart from that it's worse than Coppersmith. For instance, it is limited to at most +4$, and unlike with Coppers, you don't start with Silvers in your deck. Of course Silvers are better than Coppers, but you forego buying something else instead.
I agree that it seems weak but like Shepherd it could be great "support draw", i.e. when you have something else in your deck that draws this might be pretty decent.
Oh wow, sorry, I completely misread it, then. That's quite a bit better, but on the other hand I wonder wether a deck that's as full with Silver wouldn't be better off with a terminal draw card like e.g. Smithy. Of course you can also use it in an engine deck, but if your engine can reliably draw this and at least two Silvers, it's probably going fairly smoothly anyhow. So now that you win, you win more, and before, it does very little to get you there (mainly hoping for lucky draws).

Lurker

• Swindler
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lurker
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: April 04, 2019, 10:19:52 am »
+1

Trash a card from your
hand. If it is a Silver, gain a
card costing up to $6.
-
When you gain this, gain a
Silver onto your deck.

A limited remodel variant in the vein of Dismantle. Might be a nice opener for picking up another $4 or $5 and add an early silver without buying it. And hey, that Silver is useful!

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: April 04, 2019, 03:00:29 pm »

Fun Fact: Summoning a Stonemason overpaying by one and later using it to convert Estates to two Gifts is a rather interesting combo, but it seems to be still balanced.

Um, you can't overpay for it if you Summon it?

Oh, you are right. Thank you.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: April 04, 2019, 03:52:19 pm »
+3

I like making cards that are likely broken, it seems. Get +$2 for every one of your turns, but can your engine survive the silver gains? Seems pretty good for Big Money, especially in helping it not stall out in the endgame.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: April 04, 2019, 11:01:00 pm »
+9

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
Re: Contest #25: Involve Silvers
« Reply #1706 on: April 05, 2019, 02:29:44 am »
+9

All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

lompeluiten

• Bishop
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: April 05, 2019, 03:05:12 am »

I have an idea....

Silverbank $4
action
+1 action
Oh wow, sorry, I completely misread it, then. That's quite a bit better, but on the other hand I wonder wether a deck that's as full with Silver wouldn't be better off with a terminal draw card like e.g. Smithy. Of course you can also use it in an engine deck, but if your engine can reliably draw this and at least two Silvers, it's probably going fairly smoothly anyhow. So now that you win, you win more, and before, it does very little to get you there (mainly hoping for lucky draws).
With this amount of delicate balance it makes quite an interesting card, without being that strong. Thinking about dropping it to 3?

lompeluiten

• Bishop
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
Re: Contest #25: Involve Silvers
« Reply #1708 on: April 05, 2019, 03:05:41 am »

FUCKING GREAT! This is what silvers need!

Aquila

• Minion
  • Respect: +764
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: April 05, 2019, 03:49:39 am »
+2

Not a very good name, possibly too weak.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Shard of Honor
  • Respect: +199
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #1710 on: April 05, 2019, 06:22:30 am »
+2

I also tried to create a $1 card that involves Silver.
Not sure if it is weak enough...

Edit: Costs now $2 instead.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 08:42:36 am by Shard of Honor »
You might want to check out my own fan-card creations, built with this.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: April 05, 2019, 06:40:49 am »
+1

I also tried to create a 1$ card that involves Silver.
I think the card is fine, but it does not need to cost $1. There are two cases where you buy it: In the opening for trashing (where you'll have at least $2), or mid-late game for extra buys, where - if you are going to need extra buys, you probably have more to spend than $1. I think the card is fine, but it costs $1 just for the sake of costing $1.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Shard of Honor

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Shard of Honor
  • Respect: +199
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #1712 on: April 05, 2019, 08:42:59 am »
+2

I also tried to create a $1 card that involves Silver.
I think the card is fine, but it does not need to cost $1. There are two cases where you buy it: In the opening for trashing (where you'll have at least $2), or mid-late game for extra buys, where - if you are going to need extra buys, you probably have more to spend than $1. I think the card is fine, but it costs $1 just for the sake of costing $1.
You are right. It probably works the same at $2. So just pricing it at $1 for the sake of being special is rather pointless.
Kept the card as it is and only rised the price.
You might want to check out my own fan-card creations, built with this.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: April 05, 2019, 12:33:26 pm »

Not a very good name, possibly too weak.

I think Harbor might be a good name for this one. Its power level seems fine to me, although you could add a setup rule that causes a number of Silvers equal to the player count to start in the trash just to speed it up a little.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: April 05, 2019, 01:54:52 pm »
+2

It's kinda lame.

King Leon

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: April 05, 2019, 02:54:16 pm »

Jesus! This is very strong. I hope, the $5 price tag is not too low.

stechafle

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: stechafle
  • Respect: +97
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: April 06, 2019, 07:43:01 am »
+1

Cathedral Town
+2 Actions
+$1
You may trash a Silver from your hand for +2VP.
$3 Action

Gazbag

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: April 06, 2019, 10:40:37 am »

It seems vaguely comparable to Seer to me.

King Leon

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: April 06, 2019, 06:54:48 pm »

Without a cost reducer, Seer cannot draw other Seers, Gold or  Provinces (Fun Fact: Scout can do this), but Magnets can draw them all, including other Magnets. With support by Artificer, Secret Passage, City Gate, Mandarin, Count, The Moon’s Gift, Buerocrat, Taxman or Courtyard, it allows very strong engines.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 06:56:15 pm by King Leon »

Gazbag

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: April 06, 2019, 07:44:58 pm »

Without a cost reducer, Seer cannot draw other Seers, Gold or  Provinces (Fun Fact: Scout can do this), but Magnets can draw them all, including other Magnets. With support by Artificer, Secret Passage, City Gate, Mandarin, Count, The Moon’s Gift, Buerocrat, Taxman or Courtyard, it allows very strong engines.

Seer gives +1 card so it can certainly draw those cards. Magnets needs a Silver within the top 3 cards which is pretty difficult to have consistently so I imagine it draws fewer cards than Seer on average.

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 07, 2019, 02:51:18 am »
+4

It's a budget Smithy.  It will be great if you can keep the silvers out of the way. Hopefully not too good.

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 07, 2019, 07:49:20 am »
+1

A Silver gainer or alternatively something slightly better (Stables-like Treasure sifting, drawing an extra card plus topdecking one) than a Working Village.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 07, 2019, 11:52:44 am »

It's a budget Smithy.  It will be great if you can keep the silvers out of the way. Hopefully not too good.

This card is... incredibly weak. As the Fan Card Creation Guide says, the difference between $3 and $4 is negligible, so this card is far too weak to only cost $1 more than Smithy, with both an on-play and an on-gain drawback. Heck, I'd give it +4 Cards instead of 3 and price it the same.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1723 on: April 07, 2019, 11:56:30 am »

This card is... incredibly weak. As the Fan Card Creation Guide says, the difference between $3 and $4 is negligible, so this card is far too weak to only cost $1 more than Smithy, with both an on-play and an on-gain drawback. Heck, I'd give it +4 Cards instead of 3 and price it the same.

It doesn't have an on-gain drawback, it has an on-gain attack.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 07, 2019, 04:45:07 pm »

It doesn't have an on-gain drawback, it has an on-gain attack.

Wouldn't players WANT to gain Silvers onto their deck? It's only an attack if other players are going for Silver Workers.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.