Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1547029 times)

herw

• Golem
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #1375 on: February 17, 2019, 12:54:10 am »
+2

looking at several fan cards there should be the contest #25: create a card with 15 text lines minimum  ;)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 17, 2019, 03:05:05 am »

A delayed throne room. It takes some time to travel there, but that tent hall is not as expensive as the original one built from stone.
I'd suggest this saying "non-Duration action" because things get difficult tracking-wise. Like if I Desert Throne a Desert Throne which then thrones a Wharf - how long does the first Desert Throne stay out?

Also it may be a bit strong with terminal draw. Desert Throne - Smithy is equivalent draw-wise to 3 Enchantresses, and only takes a single Action to play.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 17, 2019, 05:04:54 am »
+2

$4 card that could net you 8VP
If you manage to draw Eyre, a TR variant and 2 Fairgrounds respectively a Province and a Cemetery. Otherwise 8VPs seems like a pretty arbitary number given that Eyre could net you anything between 0 and 30 VPs (KC+Eyre+3 Colonies).

I'd suggest this saying "non-Duration action" because things get difficult tracking-wise. Like if I Desert Throne a Desert Throne which then thrones a Wharf - how long does the first Desert Throne stay out?
This card does nothing that we don't know yet from Ghost(ing a Duration): if you play Desert Throne in T1, it hits a Throne which thrones a Wharf in T2, then all 3 Actions are discarded at the end of T3.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 17, 2019, 01:34:00 pm »
+6

I have sigs off.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Shard of Honor
  • Respect: +199
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #1379 on: February 17, 2019, 02:53:20 pm »
+1

Also it may be a bit strong with terminal draw. Desert Throne - Smithy is equivalent draw-wise to 3 Enchantresses, and only takes a single Action to play.

This card does nothing that we don't know yet from Ghost(ing a Duration): if you play Desert Throne in T1, it hits a Throne which thrones a Wharf in T2, then all 3 Actions are discarded at the end of T3.

Yeah, nothing new here. The throne room always stays out as long as the card it is used on.
That's why I think it is okay at , because it delays the benefit to the next turn (for Desert Throne - Desert Throne even for an additional turn).
As comparison, also Throne Room - Smithy is a draw of 6 cards, but right now in your current turn and both cards are immediately back in your deck for the next use.

Speaking of tracking issues. I like the idea, to get an additional benefit for trashing your throne room like in Royal Hall, but tracking gets very hard if you use it on a duration card.

You might want to check out my own fan-card creations, built with this.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: February 17, 2019, 06:43:51 pm »
+1

Aldermen
$6 - Action
You may play an Action card from your hand twice.
If you did, you may spend a Villager to play it again.
---
When you gain this, +3 Villagers.

Card Generator link.

spiralstaircase

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +453
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 18, 2019, 01:39:56 pm »

$4 card that could net you 8VP
If you manage to draw Eyre, a TR variant and 2 Fairgrounds respectively a Province and a Cemetery. Otherwise 8VPs seems like a pretty arbitary number given that Eyre could net you anything between 0 and 30 VPs (KC+Eyre+3 Colonies).

Not so much arbitrary as wrong; I meant 6, but thinko-ed it to 8.  Yes, I’m aware it can make more with the right support, but 6 is guaranteed to be possible.

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 18, 2019, 03:36:16 pm »

Hello, please use me for ridiculous combos.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 18, 2019, 09:12:40 pm »

Chappy7

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chappy7
  • Respect: +660
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 19, 2019, 01:34:24 pm »

Attempt 2! After an embarrassingly bad attempt, I feel better about this one, although without a ton of time it's still tricky to find a perfect balance.  It's a $4 Throne room variant.  Really good at playing cheap Action cards, including itself! Pretty bad at playing more expensive cards.

Edit: Changed the wording and added a new image

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 06:33:26 pm by Chappy7 »

segura

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 19, 2019, 01:49:58 pm »

Just a slight wording change to Throne Room, but it makes some interesting differences.  This is much better if you get it in hand with just one Smithy, but significantly worse if you have it in hand with your only Grand Market.
Necropolis is bad. All non-drawing Kingdom villages do at least produce a Coin (e.g. Squire or Villa). The card could probably say, "Play any number of Action cards from your hand." and still be weaker than Village.

Chappy7

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 19, 2019, 01:53:58 pm »

Just a slight wording change to Throne Room, but it makes some interesting differences.  This is much better if you get it in hand with just one Smithy, but significantly worse if you have it in hand with your only Grand Market.
Necropolis is bad. All non-drawing Kingdom villages do at least produce a Coin (e.g. Squire or Villa). The card could probably say, "Play any number of Action cards from your hand." and still be weaker than Village.

While this isn't as bad as Necro, you are right.  I didn't think this through very well.  I'll rethink it.
The point is that you can play a draw card and then play something you drew.  I just didn't implement it correctly...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 19, 2019, 01:57:36 pm »
+1

While this isn't as bad as Necro, you are right.  I didn't think this through very well.  I'll rethink it.
The point is that you can play a draw card and then play something you drew.  I just didn't implement it correctly...

How is this not as bad as Necropolis? I can't think of one possible thing that you can do with this that you can't do with Necropolis. I think this is actually strictly worse than Necropolis, because Necropolis could be used by itself with no other action cards to make Diadem better.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: February 19, 2019, 02:09:00 pm »

This is strictly worse to +3 Actions, because it forces you to play an Action (Rats, Forager or Trade Route are sometimes bad), it does not combo with Diadem and you have to play the cards instantly (sometimes you want this for handsize reduction together with draw-to-X like Library or Minion, but Festival does this usually a lot better) A double Necropolis may cost $2, but $4 is too much.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 02:16:19 pm by King Leon »

segura

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 19, 2019, 02:20:42 pm »

A double Necropolis may cost $2, but $4 is too much.
It is not a double Necropolis. If you play Queen's Throne to play 2 Smithies you are down to 0 Actions which is identical to playing Necropolis and 2 Smithies. And as you and GendoIkari have pointed out, due to being forced to play the Action and due to the Diadem interaction it is even worse than Necropolis.

Chappy7

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 19, 2019, 02:29:03 pm »

How is this not as bad as Necropolis? I can't think of one possible thing that you can do with this that you can't do with Necropolis. I think this is actually strictly worse than Necropolis, because Necropolis could be used by itself with no other action cards to make Diadem better.

You right you right, I'm doing it over. 

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 19, 2019, 02:45:00 pm »

It is not a double Necropolis. If you play Queen's Throne to play 2 Smithies you are down to 0 Actions which is identical to playing Necropolis and 2 Smithies. And as you and GendoIkari have pointed out, due to being forced to play the Action and due to the Diadem interaction it is even worse than Necropolis.
Oh yes, I now see it. It is just + 2 Actions, not + 3. I had the same thinking mistake. Interestingly Gendolkari was a little faster than me with the Diadem argument.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 02:48:04 pm by King Leon »

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 19, 2019, 08:11:59 pm »

Oh yes, I now see it. It is just + 2 Actions, not + 3. I had the same thinking mistake. Interestingly Gendolkari was a little faster than me with the Diadem argument.

I would count it as more like a Village variant than a Throne Room variant, so it would be disqualified anyway.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #1393 on: February 20, 2019, 03:28:52 am »
+4

Regent
Action - $3
+1 Action
Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's an Action play it twice, otherwise put it in your hand.
This seems better than Herald to me...

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 20, 2019, 05:07:38 am »

Regent
Action - $3
+1 Action
Reveal the top card of your deck. If it's an Action play it twice, otherwise put it in your hand.
This seems better than Herald to me...

Agreed - wasn't comparing closely enough.

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2109
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: February 20, 2019, 05:11:02 am »

Czar
Action - $5
Set aside any number of Silvers from your hand. You may reveal an Action from your hand to play it twice, plus another time for each Silver set aside; discard set aside Silvers when you discard this from play.
---
When you gain this, gain a Silver

(I posted this before, then deleted it for another entry, then decided to go with this one after all)

segura

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 20, 2019, 06:50:05 am »

Iron Throne
Action - $5
Reveal the top card of your deck. If it is an Action, Treasure or Night card you may play it twice, otherwise (or if you did not play it twice) discard it.

I don't know if this is any good, the risk of not knowing what you throne could easily make up for the virtual extra card you draw. I don't think that there any rule issues concerning playing Night cards during your Action phase.

lompeluiten

• Bishop
  • Respect: +79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 20, 2019, 08:03:21 am »

2 ideas, 1 with no name yet (if you not alawed to send in 2, just help me choose the right one:

Royal Libary
Action - $6
+2 Cards
You may play an action card from your hand twice

(less feel bad throne room when drawn without actions)

No name yet
Action - $4
Play this card as an action card you have in play

(worse: No throne room on throne room or extra actions from +1 action cards. better: Makes engines run more smoothly as it is more adaptive to the situation.

Ps. how do i get images in this text editor

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #1398 on: February 20, 2019, 08:19:20 am »
+1

2 ideas, 1 with no name yet (if you not alawed to send in 2, just help me choose the right one:

Royal Libary
Action - $6
+2 Cards
You may play an action card from your hand twice

(less feel bad throne room when drawn without actions)

No name yet
Action - $4
Play this card as an action card you have in play

(worse: No throne room on throne room or extra actions from +1 action cards. better: Makes engines run more smoothly as it is more adaptive to the situation.

Ps. how do i get images in this text editor

I don't think it is mentioned explicitly, but only one entry per challenge and person.

Royal Library seems strong to me, but a reasonable and nice idea. You could also do a draw to X bonus, if you like to highlight the Library theme a little bit more.
You second card is less a throne room variant and more a variant of Band of Misfits or Overlord. Next to copying a card, the other main characteristic of a throne room is that the second play does not use an additional action.

For images, you could use for example this, this or herw's GIMP template to create them, then upload them to the image hoster of your choice and reference them here using the image tag. Just quote a previous post to see the code.

4est

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: 4est
  • Respect: +1454
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 20, 2019, 02:29:04 pm »
+3

It's a Throne Room that you actually want early.  The trashing also helps make it easier to connect with other Actions.  Not much else to say about this one, just a pretty straightforward $5 Throne Room plus.   
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 21 queries.