Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1547391 times)

herw

• Golem
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #1300 on: February 08, 2019, 01:30:58 pm »

Farmer is meant to replace Harvest.

you want to replace one of Asper's cards ;) ?

« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 02:00:41 pm by herw »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: February 08, 2019, 01:45:26 pm »

Meant to replace Rebuild as Dark Age's TFB.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: February 08, 2019, 10:58:18 pm »
+1

Still a Fool replacement. And a Harlequin/Mime/Mine mashup. You are welcome.

AND it's sort of like Jester!

This is very close to useless if there's no way to get more than 3 Action cards in play, generally giving you no net benefit. Lots of cards are bad when an engine isn't possible, but not as bad as this.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 11:01:43 pm by Commodore Chuckles »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: February 09, 2019, 12:10:33 am »
+1

Meant to replace mint in prosperity. I put coffers in the card, since there is  technically no coffers in prosperity I could change it to +1 Buy + $3. So that you could buy a Silver after you lost all your treasure cards.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: February 09, 2019, 05:39:59 am »

Still a Fool replacement. And a Harlequin/Mime/Mine mashup. You are welcome.

AND it's sort of like Jester!
Ah yeah, Jester. That was the name. Not Harlequin  :P
I am being unconcentrated. Harlequin is only the German name of Jester, and popped up in my image search for Mime, so I didn't think about it...

Shard of Honor

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: Shard of Honor
  • Respect: +199
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #1305 on: February 09, 2019, 06:02:58 am »
+3

Here is my take to replace Pirate Ship. I hope it is different enough from Privateer.
It also replaces the need for coin tokens and uses the big nice mat for cards instead.
As a duration, it fits nicely into Seaside.

Edit: Changed the wording to "any or all", to make clear it's possible to save cards on the mat for future turns.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 04:22:13 pm by Shard of Honor »
You might want to check out my own fan-card creations, built with this.

d

• Pawn
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: February 09, 2019, 09:23:41 am »

Replacing Lookout, because:
1. Seaside needs a more predictable early-game trasher to deal with its two strong junkers
2. Seaside needs an alternative to buying Gold
3. The Trashing token (borrowed from Adventures) and Embargo tokens need more love
4. Countries that remove their Lookouts will have more Shipwrecks, and be Embargoed for Trashing their cargo!

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #1307 on: February 09, 2019, 09:37:03 am »
+2

Replacing Lookout, because:
1. Seaside needs a more predictable early-game trasher to deal with its two strong junkers
2. Seaside needs an alternative to buying Gold
3. The Trashing token (borrowed from Adventures) and Embargo tokens need more love
4. Countries that remove their Lookouts will have more Shipwrecks, and be Embargoed for Trashing their cargo!

Buying at no cost would be simply gaining.
Maybe not the best idea to fit all these features from later expansions into a hypothetical Second Edition of Seaside...

But apart from that, I love the idea to let other players place your Adventures tokens. So much interesting potential there!

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: February 09, 2019, 10:03:50 am »

I think the intent is to trigger on-buy effects, such as the Trashing token which is on-buy not on-gain. However, I find it a very clunky workaround.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #1309 on: February 09, 2019, 10:12:30 am »
+1

I think the intent is to trigger on-buy effects, such as the Trashing token which is on-buy not on-gain. However, I find it a very clunky workaround.
Oh sure, sorry - missed that interaction.

Gazbag

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gazbag
  • Respect: +1003
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: February 09, 2019, 10:16:11 am »
+2

I feel I need to say that the intent of the contest was that cards could be printed in the expansion they're designed for, so Coffers in Prosperity or Projects in Seaside don't really fit in the spirit of the challenge as those expansions don't use those mechanics.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: February 09, 2019, 10:24:38 am »
+4

Replacement for Duchess. Also gives Hinterlands a Workshop variant.

EDIT: Changed to fit more with Duchess's sifting theme.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 12:08:00 pm by Commodore Chuckles »

herw

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: February 09, 2019, 10:25:27 am »

Here is my take to replace Pirate Ship. I hope it is different enough from Privateer.
It also replaces the need for coin tokens and uses the big nice mat for cards instead.
As a duration, it fits nicely into Seaside.

Ommited the second naming of Pirate Ship mat to save at least a few words. It should be clear.

arrgghh ;) i don't want to replace Pirat Ship; i like it very much ;)

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #1313 on: February 09, 2019, 10:40:52 am »
+2

arrgghh ;) i don't want to replace Pirat Ship; i like it very much ;)

Luckily, nobody forces us to throw away those replaced cards. For instance, I still like to play with Thief sometimes. Especially, if there are many Treasures in the Kingdom.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: February 09, 2019, 10:42:50 am »

There be no Reaction in Seaside:

This is to replace Navigator. You can discard or put back the cards you look at, and it's non-terminal in a niche, hopefully interesting kind of way. And a complimentary reaction that might interact with too many things in Seaside. Tried a few wording shortcuts to make things less wordy, but is it understandable?

I think Lighthouse was supposed to be Seaside's "Reaction". Still, I like this. It also gives Seaside a Throne variant, which is neat. To reduce the confusion, I'd maybe replace "costing less than this" with "non-Skiff"?

I might tweak the Reaction part a bit, though. The wordiness is a problem, but it also doesn't help much against Sea Hag... and doesn't help at all against Ghost Ship!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:48:16 am by Commodore Chuckles »

ClouduHieh

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: ClouduHieh
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: February 09, 2019, 11:13:47 am »

With that said (I like pirate ship too) even though you can still play with the old cards like thief. Noble brigand is ten times better than thief, you can play it when you buy it, and then it can even give out coppers!

herw

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: February 09, 2019, 01:39:46 pm »

With that said (I like pirate ship too) even though you can still play with the old cards like thief. Noble brigand is ten times better than thief, you can play it when you buy it, and then it can even give out coppers!
of course i play with old cards too; didn't you see my ;) ? ;)

4est

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: 4est
  • Respect: +1454
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 09, 2019, 04:45:35 pm »
+9

Annex is the dud of Empires.  It's expensive and niche, I can never remember whether I'm supposed to be picking 5 good cards or 5 bad ones, and most of the time, I only buy it with an extra buy on the last turn of the game.  Plus it looks particularly bad next to Donate. 

Campaign is my attempt to fix these issues: it's still 8 debt and gains a Duchy, but now it Schemes up to five cards, maintaining some of Annex's intent, but making it much more useful in more situations. 

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: February 09, 2019, 06:35:11 pm »

Decided to make one last edit to my card:

While the new name isn't a pun, I think the theme now hits a much better sweet spot between Jester, Lucky coin, and gaining Treasures by chance. It's a shame the pic isn't great, but if we are being honest, the original wasn't much better. As Lucky Coin is the only part of Fool I care about, it seemed a good idea to make that connection feel worthwile. Cheers.

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1423
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: February 10, 2019, 03:02:34 am »

There be no Reaction in Seaside:

This is to replace Navigator. You can discard or put back the cards you look at, and it's non-terminal in a niche, hopefully interesting kind of way. And a complimentary reaction that might interact with too many things in Seaside. Tried a few wording shortcuts to make things less wordy, but is it understandable?
You smartly prevented a mono-card-strategy but I still wonder whether this is too strong/cheap. Beyond the sifting and the Reaction this is a double Peddler and unlike Herald and Vassal it virtually never misses if you manage to put enough <$5 Actions into your deck.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: February 10, 2019, 05:54:49 am »
+2

Annex is the dud of Empires.  It's expensive and niche, I can never remember whether I'm supposed to be picking 5 good cards or 5 bad ones, and most of the time, I only buy it with an extra buy on the last turn of the game.  Plus it looks particularly bad next to Donate. 

Campaign is my attempt to fix these issues: it's still 8 debt and gains a Duchy, but now it Schemes up to five cards, maintaining some of Annex's intent, but making it much more useful in more situations.
While Annex is too weak, I think there's a good reason it is not this strong. This is just a "win more" event; as soon as you can pull your deck together, it basically guarantees that you never dud out again.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Aquila

• Minion
  • Respect: +764
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 10, 2019, 07:13:42 am »
+1

I think Lighthouse was supposed to be Seaside's "Reaction". Still, I like this. It also gives Seaside a Throne variant, which is neat. To reduce the confusion, I'd maybe replace "costing less than this" with "non-Skiff"?

I might tweak the Reaction part a bit, though. The wordiness is a problem, but it also doesn't help much against Sea Hag... and doesn't help at all against Ghost Ship!
Cheap Actions are a thing in Seaside, so I thought I'd tie that in. Thanks for making the interactions with the attacks clear, though, I've changed the reaction to discard a card rather than put one back. It just lessens the impact of the two attacks so Lighthouse is still useful, as well as having other uses like turning Pearl Diver into Fugitive.

You smartly prevented a mono-card-strategy but I still wonder whether this is too strong/cheap. Beyond the sifting and the Reaction this is a double Peddler and unlike Herald and Vassal it virtually never misses if you manage to put enough <$5 Actions into your deck.
Yeah, with the reaction adding a bit of value as well, and the ability to play an Action not from hand whilst knowing a bit about the top of your deck as well, it's a strong package. Knocked the +$ down to 1.

So the change looks like this:

Is this putting everything from the mat into your hand at once, or are you choosing any you like from it? If the former, there's no point in the mat at all, just set the cards aside like Haven.

Shard of Honor

• Thief
    • View Profile
    • Fan Card Creator
« Reply #1322 on: February 10, 2019, 07:20:21 am »
+1

Is this putting everything from the mat into your hand at once, or are you choosing any you like from it? If the former, there's no point in the mat at all, just set the cards aside like Haven.
It let's you choose which and how many cards you like to take. "any" instead of "all". Is that correct wording wise?

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 10, 2019, 08:22:09 am »

Intended to replace Trader. Hinterlands doesn't need two cards that replace junk with Silver, and "would-gain" causes lots of rules headaches. My initial idea was for a card that trashes from the discard pile which you could play from your hand (like Caravan Guard) in reaction to an attack. There are timing issues with that though so I decided that giving you +1 Action on your next turn is close enough. Adding discard from hand ameliorates the swinginess factor of finding it T3 vs T4. At this point I'm left with something with lots of parallels to Horse Traders so I may as well tack on a +Buy. Once you're done trashing, it can be an even worse Ruined Market, which I think is kind of fun.
I have sigs off.

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 10, 2019, 02:18:39 pm »
+1

It let's you choose which and how many cards you like to take. "any" instead of "all". Is that correct wording wise?

It would be clearer if it was worded "any or all."
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 21 queries.