Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1546986 times)

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #375 on: October 22, 2018, 10:34:52 pm »
+7

Endurance tokens:
When you would discard a non-Duration Action card from play, you may instead spend an Endurance token, to keep it in play and resolve its effects again at the start of your next turn.
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 23, 2018, 12:31:15 am »
+3

(Edited to fix a mistake on card)

BOOTLEG TOKENS - Whenever another player gains a card costing up to $4, you may spend a bootleg token to gain a copy of that card. You can only use one bootleg token for each card gained.

The flavor here is that you're paying the bootlegger to steal things for you. The more you pay him, they more he will steal for you.

Its obviously inspired by Smuggler (a personal favorite of mine), except its actually more of a remodeler that you have to wait for and don't have a lot of control over.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:58:53 am by MattLee »

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 23, 2018, 12:38:18 am »

So, the cards need to provide tokens that are used for the same thing? And they have to be coin tokens (not in player colors)? And they need to be spendable? Uh... In that case, I'm going to sit this one out.
Just make your +1 Pizza from Road a spendable token. When you have 6 or whatever number Pizza tokens, message Asper for your free pizza! :P ;D

Psst! The less people know this, the better.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 23, 2018, 01:01:00 am »

So, the cards need to provide tokens that are used for the same thing? And they have to be coin tokens (not in player colors)? And they need to be spendable? Uh... In that case, I'm going to sit this one out.
Yeah me too. I don't think think there are interesting enough things left to do with this.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 23, 2018, 01:02:06 am »
+1

BOOTLEG TOKENS - Whenever another player gains a card costing up to $4, you may spend a bootleg token to gain a copy of that card. You can only use one bootleg token for each card gained.

The flavor here is that you're paying the bootlegger to steal things for you. The more you pay him, they more he will steal for you.

Its obviously inspired by Smuggler (a personal favorite of mine), except its actually more of a remodeler that you have to wait for and don't have a lot of control over.

Problem: How does this interact with Treasures that give variable $ such as Bank or Philosopher's Stone? You have to play them to calculate their value, so would they give no Bootleg tokens at all?
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 23, 2018, 01:06:56 am »
+11

(a b c)

Mutineers may be spent during your Action phase at any time when you might spend an action instead, i.e. when no cards are currently resolving. Spending a Mutineer discards a card from your hand. At the end of the game, each unspent Mutineer is worth -1VP.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 23, 2018, 01:12:45 am »
+1

Mutineers may be spent during your Action phase at any time when you might spend an action instead, i.e. when no cards are currently resolving. Spending a Mutineer discards a card from your hand. At the end of the game, each unspent Mutineer is worth -1VP.
I think with this rule, I can lose all my Mutineers as soon as I have an empty hand during my Action phase. Is that intentional?

King Leon

• Witch
  • Respect: +406
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2018, 01:23:30 am »
+1

Spa
Type: Treasure
Cost: $5

When you play this, choose one:

Pay a Spa token for +3 $
or:
Trash a card from your hand for +1 $ and +1 Spa token

--
When you gain this, +1 Spa token
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:55:56 am by King Leon »

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
  • Respect: +190
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 23, 2018, 05:45:15 pm »
+3

Here goes nothing.

Credit to Kudasai for this awesome mat!
I may or may not change one of these cards before the end of the week.
The name/flavor comes from Scheme, which is one of my favorite cards.
Edit: The intention for Slum Market is that the while in play effect affects the card you potentially gain.
Also, sorry for having the same name as Holunder9's Slum Market.

First version had you discard one plot token per $3 something cost.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 05:36:00 pm by Fly-Eagles-Fly »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 23, 2018, 05:50:00 pm »

Here goes nothing. I put my token description into a card format because it was fun.

I may or may not post another card before the end of the week.

Is Conspiracy strictly better than Scheme? 2 Plot is enough to put a card that costs or more onto your deck with its own cost-reduction ability. So with the exception of wanting to Scheme a Prince; I think Plot can topdeck anything Scheme could, and it can save tokens for later instead, as well as top-deck Treasure and Night cards.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 23, 2018, 07:00:57 pm »
+9

[EDITS]
-Pioneer(v0.2): Cost change from $5 to $6.
-Lumber Camp(v0.2): Gives +1 Stores instead of +2 Stores when gained during your first 2 turns (credit: Asper).
-Pioneer(v0.3): Cost change from $6 to $7; Can now trash two cards instead of one.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 02:47:03 pm by Kudasai »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 23, 2018, 08:18:07 pm »
+1

<stores>
This is easily my favorite for this week's contest.

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +444
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 23, 2018, 08:37:01 pm »

I think with this rule, I can lose all my Mutineers as soon as I have an empty hand during my Action phase. Is that intentional?
I was concerned that adding a clause "if you have at least one card in hand" might be too precise for the rules of the contest, but looking at them again, I guess it's probably safe to include that part.

Fragasnap

• Tactician
  • Respect: +703
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 23, 2018, 08:50:17 pm »
+2

I feel similarly, but I like a challenge.  I figured I'd try to get some variation on +draw tokens to function.  Though frankly, I'm not sure if this was worth all the effort.

STORAGE
During your Action phase, you may reveal a non-Victory card from hand that costs in coins from $1 to the number of Storage tokens you have. Discard a number of cards (one of which must be the revealed card), remove a number of tokens, and then draw a number of cards each equal to the cost of the revealed card in coins.
E.g. You have 5 Storage tokens, so you may reveal a non-Victory card costing from $1 to $5. You reveal a Silver; you discard the Silver and 2 other cards (3 cards total for Silver's cost of $3); you remove 3 Storage tokens from your mat, 2 remain; and then you draw 3 cards.  You may reveal a non-Victory card costing from $1 to $2 (for your 2 Storage tokens) to do this again (before or after playing Actions).
  • Storage tokens effectively turn a card into a nonterminal "Discard X-1 cards, and then +X Cards" effect, where X is the card's cost in coins.
  • You may use Storage tokens any time you could play an Action card so long as you have a non-Victory card costing $1 or more in hand and sufficient Storage tokens.
  • You do not need to spend or even have actions to use Storage tokens.
  • You cannot reveal Victory cards or cards costing $0 to use Storage tokens, but you can discard such cards when using Storage tokens on a different card.
  • You always draw cards equal to the cost of the card in coins, even if you cannot discard that many cards (but you must have enough Storage tokens).  Note that you will never reduce your hand size when using Storage tokens.

Cooper
Types: Action
Cost: $3
+3 Cards, +1 Storage. Trash this.
When you gain or trash this, +3 Storage.
Bartender
Types: Action, Attack
Cost: $4
+2 Storage, +$2. Each player (including you) may reveal a Curse from their hand. Each player who does gets +2 Storage. Each other player gains a Curse.
Barrels
Types: Treasure
Cost: $5
$1, +1 Buy
While this is in play, when you gain a card, +$1 and +Storage equal to the cost of the gained card in coins.
Dominion: Avarice 1.1a, my fan expansion with "in-games-using-this" cards and Edicts (updated Oct 18, 2021)

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 23, 2018, 09:14:04 pm »

Here goes nothing. I put my token description into a card format because it was fun.

I may or may not post another card before the end of the week.

Is Conspiracy strictly better than Scheme? 2 Plot is enough to put a card that costs or more onto your deck with its own cost-reduction ability. So with the exception of wanting to Scheme a Prince; I think Plot can topdeck anything Scheme could, and it can save tokens for later instead, as well as top-deck Treasure and Night cards.
True. Expect to see Conspiracy changed within a couple of days.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 23, 2018, 09:15:05 pm »
+1

Garrison
Type: Action
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. Choose one: gain a card costing less than it; or take a number of Fort tokens equal to half its cost in coin, rounded down.

When you trash a card, you may spend a Fort token to put the trashed card into your hand.

Edit: Renamed "Fortress token" to "Fort token", due to Fly-Eagles-Fly's suggestion below.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:47:28 pm by scott_pilgrim »

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 23, 2018, 09:21:04 pm »
+1

Garrison
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. Choose one: gain a card costing less than it; or take a number of Fortress tokens equal to half its cost in coin, rounded down.

When you trash a card, you may spend a Fortress token to put the trashed card into your hand.
Since Fortress is already a thing, I think you should use a different word. Maybe just Fort? Yes I realize that Fortress tokens make cards have Fortress' when-trash ability, but I still think it's not best to have the token name be the same as the card.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 23, 2018, 10:20:10 pm »
+7

You spend Luck tokens when you shuffle. For each Luck token spent, set aside a card and then put it on the bottom of the deck after shuffling (in any order if you set aside more than one).

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:32:54 pm by Commodore Chuckles »

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 23, 2018, 10:23:24 pm »

There's so many new mechanics being invented! I may use some of these in my own cards, crediting and linking to here of course.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +2144
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 23, 2018, 10:46:07 pm »

Garrison
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. Choose one: gain a card costing less than it; or take a number of Fortress tokens equal to half its cost in coin, rounded down.

When you trash a card, you may spend a Fortress token to put the trashed card into your hand.
Since Fortress is already a thing, I think you should use a different word. Maybe just Fort? Yes I realize that Fortress tokens make cards have Fortress' when-trash ability, but I still think it's not best to have the token name be the same as the card.

Yeah, I thought about that, but thought it's easier to remember what something does when it shares a name with the official card it's based on. But "Fort" is a clever way to get the best of both worlds. I think I'll edit my post. Thanks for the suggestion!

Tejayes

• Golem
  • Respect: +132
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 23, 2018, 11:26:53 pm »

There's so many new mechanics being invented! I may use some of these in my own cards, crediting and linking to here of course.

Exactly what I was hoping for! I'm so excited with all of the entries so far. I can't wait to see what else you all come up with!

MattLee

• Spy
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 24, 2018, 01:03:09 am »

Problem: How does this interact with Treasures that give variable $ such as Bank or Philosopher's Stone? You have to play them to calculate their value, so would they give no Bootleg tokens at all?

You're right, thanks. I changed it to only trashing Coppers, Silvers and Golds. Its the least confusing and least wordy way I could think of to fix it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 24, 2018, 02:14:52 am »

These mockups were rushed a bit, so names and artwork may change on some of these.
My main issue with these is that they make greening way too easy.

Holunder9

• Jester
  • Respect: +380
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 24, 2018, 02:25:00 am »
+1

These mockups were rushed a bit, so names and artwork may change on some of these.
Great stuff! Now the obvious use is setting aside Victory cards which makes engine player slightly weaker and Alt-VP stronger. Kinda nice to win with a lot of Duchies instead of an exploding engine for a change.
Looters become relatively weaker although it is hard to get enough Stores to withstand a CUltist onslaught.
Pioneer looks like the best defense against Cursers and Storehouse is a non-interactive version of a card like Forager, i.e. you have to get rid of good stuff to build it up.

Kudasai

• Witch
  • Respect: +289
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 24, 2018, 03:18:14 am »
+1

<stores>
This is easily my favorite for this week's contest.

I appreciate the vote of confidence. I like others on here was having a hard time figuring out what to do with tokens outside of the vanilla bonus offerings. I'm happy with this Island-esque style token, but it is such a powerful effect that I fear it will make greening too easy. I guess I can always bump the prices on these to make that less of an issue. I can easily see Pioneer costing $6.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 22 queries.