Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 327  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contests #1 - #100  (Read 1542060 times)

Gubump

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
  • Respect: +1677
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest Thread
« Reply #8050 on: January 01, 2021, 03:55:56 pm »
+1

I don't think Prizes are a pile?

They are:
All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

spineflu

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
  • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
  • Respect: +1349
    • View Profile
    • my instagram, where i paint things
« Reply #8051 on: January 01, 2021, 04:03:58 pm »

Hi, I'm new here. Happy New Year to all  :)
This is my first submission in this contest, I though an emulator specifically so we got more chance to play the cool cards that are Prizes could actually be interesting (feedback welcome):

I don't think Prizes are a pile? But I'm not sure.

Otherwise, it's not a bad idea, but it'll probably mostly become a rush to get many of those to play Follows/Trusty Steed.

Also worth noting that Princess becomes a Ruined Market because the under-the-horizontal-line-effect won't trigger.

The prizes are a pile. Tournament establishes this with its parenthetical text. I don't know if you're supposed to keep them face up (so you can see what's left in the pile) but dominion dot games seems to think you do, so i think this is fine.

gambit05

• Minion
  • Respect: +495
    • View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: January 01, 2021, 04:58:15 pm »

All non-Supply cards that form a pile are labelled with an asterisks at their cost and with (This is not in the Supply.).
All non-Supply cards that are not part of a pile do not have that (Shelters, Heirlooms, Zombies).
Only notable  exception are the cards of the Black Market pile for obvious reasons.

The Prizes are labelled with an asterisks and with (This is not in the Supply.). Tournament mentions that there is a Prize pile. Thus, Prizes are non-Supply cards in a pile.

notevenodd

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: January 01, 2021, 05:13:12 pm »

This is my first submission in this contest, I though an emulator specifically so we got more chance to play the cool cards that are Prizes could actually be interesting (feedback welcome):

Otherwise, it's not a bad idea, but it'll probably mostly become a rush to get many of those to play Follows/Trusty Steed.

Also worth noting that Princess becomes a Ruined Market because the under-the-horizontal-line-effect won't trigger.

• About rushing to get many Victors: maybe price could be same as a province ($8), so that there wouldn't be too many Victors?
  • About Princess: Is there really an issue? Victor specifies "you may play...", and princess says "while this card is in this play...", so I understand its effect does in fact apply

LittleFish

• Tactician
  • Respect: +188
    • View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: January 01, 2021, 05:15:40 pm »
+2

• About Princess: Is there really an issue? Victor specifies "you may play...", and princess says "while this card is in this play...", so I understand its effect does in fact apply
    But it won't be in play, because it's in the prize pile

gambit05

• Minion
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8055 on: January 01, 2021, 05:20:27 pm »
    +2

• About rushing to get many Victors: maybe price could be same as a province ($8), so that there wouldn't be too many Victors?

The key phrase is "...leaving it there" on Victor. So, it is not in play.

Timinou

• Witch
    • Respect: +634
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8056 on: January 01, 2021, 05:21:28 pm »

Welcome to the forum! 

I’m assuming that Tournament wouldn’t need to be in the Kingdom for the Prize pile to be available, right?  How would this work with Diadem?  Since you would be playing it during your Action phase, would you count the number of unused Actions you have at that instance?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • Respect: +734
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8057 on: January 01, 2021, 05:28:22 pm »
    +5

Using wording like Prince would allow Princess to still be useful:

Set aside a Prize from its pile. If you do, play it, returning it to its pile when you discard it from play.

This also helps with the rushing to get many Victors, as you could only play each prize once per turn.

Other kingdom specific consequences I can think of (I'm sure there are more, there are always more :) )

• ability to add Diadem to your deck (though not officially gain) by buying Mandarin
    • similarly, ability to add Trusted Steed to your deck by buying Mandarin (having previously bought Capitalism)
    • ability to gain any of the Action Prizes by buying Bonfire, then Lurker (having previously bought Innovation)

Edited to add "from its pile"
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 08:57:27 pm by scolapasta »
    Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Timinou

• Witch
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8058 on: January 01, 2021, 05:39:03 pm »

Set aside a Prize. If you do, play it, returning it to its pile when you discard it from play.

This also helps with the rushing to get many Victors, as you could only play each prize once per turn.

Other kingdom specific consequences I can think of (I'm sure there are more, there are always more :) )

• ability to add Diadem to your deck (though not officially gain) by buying Mandarin
    • similarly, ability to add Trusted Steed to your deck by buying Mandarin (having previously bought Capitalism)
    • ability to gain any of the Action Prizes by buying Bonfire, then Lurker (having previously bought Innovation)

You could also use Changeling to trash Prizes (might be useful if you fall behind in a Victor race). 

Gubump

• Board Moderator
    • Shuffle iT Username: Gubump
    • Respect: +1677
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8059 on: January 01, 2021, 05:43:16 pm »

Set aside a Prize. If you do, play it, returning it to its pile when you discard it from play.

You could also use Changeling to trash Prizes (might be useful if you fall behind in a Victor race).

Changeling only trashes itself.
    All of my fan card mockups are credited to Shard of Honor and his Dominion Card Image Generator (the new fork).
    If you're having font issues with the generator, click this link and click on the button to request temporary access to the demo server that loads the font.

Timinou

• Witch
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8060 on: January 01, 2021, 06:07:35 pm »

Changeling only trashes itself.

Doh! I misremembered what it did.

notevenodd

• Herbalist
    • Respect: +4
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8061 on: January 01, 2021, 06:12:16 pm »

Thank you. Here's an update to my card. I think, this may help with the problem which have been raised (thank you)

Timinou

• Witch
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8062 on: January 01, 2021, 06:32:23 pm »
    +1

Thank you. Here's an update to my card. I think, this may help with the problem which have been raised (thank you)

Is the intention that a player could now gain a Prize using Victor, and then use a card like Cellar to discard it and add it to their deck this way?

pubby

• Minion
    • Respect: +1046
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8063 on: January 01, 2021, 10:41:19 pm »
    +1

There's a bit of player interaction if multiple people go for this.
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 09:44:06 pm by pubby »

LittleFish

• Tactician
    • Respect: +188
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8064 on: January 01, 2021, 10:44:11 pm »

Should the be an attack so you can block people taking Spoils from your mat? Or is it intentionally without that?

Edit: The first time someone takes all the spoils into their hand, won't it lead to a megaturn without other methods to get spoils, as there'd be 15 spoils? Or am I misreading this completely, and it's only spoils from your exile mat?
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 10:46:43 pm by LittleFish »

pubby

• Minion
    • Respect: +1046
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8065 on: January 01, 2021, 10:51:27 pm »
    +2

It was supposed to be take the spoils from your mat only. I'll update the text to make it clearer.

Carline

• Witch
    • Respect: +391
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8066 on: January 01, 2021, 11:16:11 pm »
    +1

I think it's needed to write "Exile a Spoils from Spoils pile. (...)"

Carline

• Witch
    • Respect: +391
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8067 on: January 01, 2021, 11:41:28 pm »
    +6

Think about this situation: No other Spoils gainer on Kingdom. Alice exiled 8 Spoils, Bob exiled 7 Spoils. Bob plays Dragon Egg. Spoils pile is empty, so he put 7 Spoils in hand. If he plays all of them this turn (hiting $21 and having at least 1 extra buy!), Alice would be 7 plays of Dragon Egg away from remove her Spoils from exile. An extraordinary advantage for Bob. Knowing this, nobody would want to leave in the Spoils pile less Spoils than Dragon Eggs their opponent has, so it could lead to a situation in which noboby wants to play Dragon Egg anymore and the Spoils already exiled rest useless in the Exile mats.   
    « Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 12:36:20 am by Carline »

BBobb

• Moneylender
    • My brother says thief is amazing.
    • Respect: +138
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8068 on: January 02, 2021, 03:03:51 am »
    +1

Now with the 2019 Rules Changes and Tweaks, this is no longer necessary.

gambit05

• Minion
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8069 on: January 02, 2021, 03:13:26 am »
    +1

Now with the 2019 Rules Changes and Tweaks, this is no longer necessary.

No. "Gain a Spoils from the Spoils pile" would not require the last part anymore, but "Exile a Spoils from the Spoils pile" (or alternatively "...from its pile") is necessary. Compare with the official Exilers (e.g. Camel Train), which say "... from the Supply".

gambit05

• Minion
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8070 on: January 02, 2021, 03:30:43 am »

This update is a mess. The original version was much better.

By the way, Welcome to the Forum and Happy New Year!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • Respect: +3182
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8071 on: January 02, 2021, 03:56:23 am »
    +2

Yeah, this version doesn't really work because you aren't forced to play the card. Just playing it (with no 'leave it there' clause) should work. (And then returning it at Cleanup.)

Aquila

• Minion
    • Respect: +764
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8072 on: January 02, 2021, 04:02:45 am »
    +1

Unsung Hero - Action, $5 cost.
    You may play a Spoils from your hand to gain a Treasure. If you don't, gain a Spoils.
    If this is your only card in play, gain a Spoils.
    He does more when not noticed by other cards you have.

spineflu

• Saboteur
    • Shuffle iT Username: spineflu
    • Head Empty, Heart Worms, Can't Lose
    • Respect: +1349
      • View Profile
      • my instagram, where i paint things
    « Reply #8073 on: January 02, 2021, 04:22:08 am »
    +3

re: Victor: you could just make it the old style of emulator (use the old BoM/Overlord wording) because theres no issue like there was with inheritance

segura

• Torturer
    • Respect: +1413
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8074 on: January 02, 2021, 09:17:34 am »

Not specifically designed for this contest but per chance an appropriate fit due to being connected with two official non-Supply cards.
    About Fame, the mechanic is by Asper. The idea is that you achieve a Feat (and mark it via putting one of your tokens on the respective slot) if you fulfilled the condition and if you got at least one of the two Feats beneath it.

The non-terminal Attack is stronger than Cutpurse but mitigated as it is not unconditional. Stacking is still possible, one player could have two Corsairs or Charlie is behind in Feats and gets hit by Alice as well as Bob.
    Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 327  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.