Dominion > Rules Questions

Pilgrimage With Split Piles

(1/4) > >>

Dingan:
What happens if you Pilgrimage, say, an Encampment, Plunder, and Silver, and the Encampment pile is such that an Encampment is on top and a Plunder is beneath it? Does the 'lose track rule' apply here anywhere? Do I choose the order in which I gain the 3 cards before gaining any of them and does this matter (i.e. I only gain the Plunder if I chose to gain it after the Encampment)?

Are there any (or will there ever be) other multi-gainers like Pilgrimage, that this would apply to (I can't think of any off the top of my head)?

Apologies if this has already been asked.

dz:
You gain the cards in the order you choose. So you can choose to gain Encampment first, then choose to gain Plunder, and you will gain both of them with no issues.

singletee:

--- Quote from: Dingan on September 15, 2018, 08:31:12 pm ---
Are there any (or will there ever be) other multi-gainers like Pilgrimage, that this would apply to (I can't think of any off the top of my head)?

--- End quote ---

There are probably a bunch, but the one that first comes to mind is Stonemason. It works the same way, so you can, for example, buy Stonemason and gain two Knights of equal cost.

Dingan:

--- Quote from: singletee on September 16, 2018, 05:27:45 am ---
--- Quote from: Dingan on September 15, 2018, 08:31:12 pm ---

--- End quote ---

There are probably a bunch, but the one that first comes to mind is Stonemason. It works the same way, so you can, for example, buy Stonemason and gain two Knights of equal cost.

--- End quote ---

Good point but to my understanding, you choose the 2 cards from Stonemason 1-at-a-time, and the choice for the second card comes after the gain of the first card (even if the client automatically chooses the second one for you like when there are no other cards at the same price point). So like say you had Trader in hand. You would gain card A, choose whether to react Trader on card A, resolve that, then gain card B, then do Trader on B. Similar thing would happen with multi-gainers like Cache, Treasure Trove, etc.

But to my understanding the gains from Pilgrimage are instead all chosen, then the on-gain effects happen (one card at a time). Choose to gain card A, choose to gain B, choose to gain C, choose whether to react Trader on A, Trader B, Trader C. I guess this is what I meant by "multi-gainers", and was the main source of confusion for me regarding split piles.

werothegreat:
Lose Track is not involved here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version