Miscellaneous > Other Games

Pandemic Legacy (probably will have spoilers)

(1/8) > >>

Kuildeous:
The hard part about playing Pandemic Legacy Season 2 (and I'm this holds true for Season 1 as well) is that the ideal state to play this game is to lose the first game of each month. This lets you spend two games per month building up the game board.

But losses can be nasty, so I've taken to seeking either a win or a good loss. A good loss is what I call a game where we made more progress than we lost.

I'm not going to be able to convince my group that losing is good though.

LaLight:

--- Quote from: Kuildeous on September 04, 2018, 10:04:38 am ---The hard part about playing Pandemic Legacy Season 2 (and I'm this holds true for Season 1 as well) is that the ideal state to play this game is to lose the first game of each month. This lets you spend two games per month building up the game board.

But losses can be nasty, so I've taken to seeking either a win or a good loss. A good loss is what I call a game where we made more progress than we lost.

I'm not going to be able to convince my group that losing is good though.

--- End quote ---

We played season 1 with Qvist, Watno and RTT and I think we lost only 4 times? And it never was intended, we tried to win every time. And every loss was due to massive unluck of my hand :c

Anyway yeah, if you lose every first game you probably is in a best position. But iirc this strips you of some final points? I don't know if this matters.

Sorry for spoilahs

faust:
Well, taking a calculated loss always extends the game, and thus increases the chance that something awful will happen before that game is over. I suppose sometimes you are in a position where you can control that, but most of the time I'd argue not.

I have more thoughts but I find it quite hard to express them without spoilers.

GendoIkari:
You could also argue that losing is good because it allows you to play the game more... better value for the purchase.

I played through Season 1 a couple years ago and loved it. Just finally bought Season 2 recently; haven't started it yet.

Kuildeous:

--- Quote from: GendoIkari on September 04, 2018, 10:32:12 am ---You could also argue that losing is good because it allows you to play the game more... better value for the purchase.

I played through Season 1 a couple years ago and loved it. Just finally bought Season 2 recently; haven't started it yet.

--- End quote ---

I kind of feel that way about maximizing value of a legacy game. I feel like I'd want to get 24 games regardless. And I think I'd be willing to embrace that despite LaLight's spoiler.

Season 2 is definitely interesting. It has the very basics of Pandemic, but it's just so different. I haven't played S1, but I'm familiar with Pandemic, and S2 is like Pandemic played in reverse. The discoveries are fun.

People have said it's not as good as S1, but that's like saying lobster is not as good as filet mignon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version