Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Diplomacy 6 (Game ended)  (Read 19464 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy 6: Signups and discussion (full! Country assignments coming soon)
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2019, 04:59:25 am »

Rechecked and actually ghostofmars has not confirmed that they are still available. I'll send a PM.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2019, 05:00:38 am »

Today and tomorrow I won't be able to be here, so I'd appreciate 2 day postponing. Thank you!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2019, 03:53:49 pm »

I second that, I've got a lot to do today/tomorrow and then kind of the next day because of catching up on things I'm putting off for other things.

And I feel like the very start of the first year is one of the most important times in Diplomacy

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2019, 02:40:53 am »

We can do that. Anyways we need to hear from ghost first, and I think I'll give the first spring at least a full week.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy 6: Signups and discussion (1 spot left maybe?)
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2019, 11:34:12 am »

I have not heard from ghost. If someone else would like to join this, feel free.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 06:38:57 pm »

I think 4 days is fine, are you planning on shortened winters?  Also, we should make sure all plyers are available on day1, delaying if necessary.  I wouldn't  want somebody showing up to the negotiation table late right out of the gates.  Kinda punishing, that

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2019, 04:16:27 am »

Sorry, was a bit busy recently, but I would still like to play.

I agree a bit longer time in the first spring would be nice to talk to everyone.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy 6: Signups and discussion (full! Country assigments coming soon)
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 05:11:02 am »

Neat. I'll prepare everything this evening (European time) and have QTs sent out then. Will start with giving each player pair a QT as well as each player an individual QT to place orders in. Additional QTs for larger groups will be provided upon request.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2019, 01:44:00 pm »

And here are the country assignments! I will start work on setting up the QTs now, you will receive PMs as soon as I am done.

LaLight - Russia
Jack Rudd - Germany
Jimmmmm - England
ghostofmars - Turkey
Glooble - France
UmbrageofSnow - Austria
A Drowned Kernel - Italy

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2019, 03:19:48 pm »

I just figured out that shraeye actually /inned before ADK and I overlooked it... sorry about the mess-up. I would give the spot to shraeye now as he expressed interest first. I hope this is fine with everyone. I'll wait a little for feedback before we start.

I'm really sorry for getting your hopes up and then having to drop a player :(

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2019, 03:30:01 pm »

That's no problem; I PMed you about it.  I am fairly busy right now, so NOT investing time in Diplomacy is probably a good life choice.  But i'll be around as a sub if anybody wants.  Or I am perfectly fine to spectate.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2019, 03:42:19 pm »

I'm also fine to sit out if shraeye wants to play
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2019, 03:48:17 pm »

I'll just let ADK play for now then and keep shraeye in mind as a sub. Unless you'd rather spectate, that is fine too.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2019, 04:04:19 pm »

I'll just let ADK play for now then and keep shraeye in mind as a sub. Unless you'd rather spectate, that is fine too.
You can give me my sub/spectator QT; I'll post my thoughts to myself.  Then I'm prepped in case I have to sub, but nobody's giving me outside help, or knowledge of any other player-player interactions.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy 6 (Spring 1900 - Deadline Feb 13, 3 pm)
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2019, 04:06:31 pm »

And with this, we start. I've decided on 8 days for the first deadline, others will have 4 day deadlines, with shorter 24 deadlines for winter moves. Deadline extensions can be requested.

As a reminder, we are playing the 1900 variant that comes with the following changes:

Code: [Select]
1. The rules of "standard" Diplomacy are valid, unless specifically replaced or amended by these rules.

2. If a Great Power gains control of 18 SCs, the game ends and the player controlling that Great Power is
declared the winner. With 39 SCs, though, it is now possible for two Great Powers to get 18 SCs on the same
game-turn. Should this happen, the player representing the Great Power with the most SCs is the winner. If
the two Great Powers each control the same number of SCs, play continues until one Great Power controls
at least 18 SCs and that Great Power controls more SCs than any other Great Power.

3. Iceland, Ireland, and Switzerland are now passable.

4. Movement between Clyde and Ireland is allowed. This is true even if an enemy fleet is in the North Atlantic
Ocean. A convoy is not required to move an army back and forth between Clyde and Ireland.

5. Army movement is allowed between Gibraltar and Morocco. No convoy is required in this case. Gibraltar is
considered a sea space for convoy purposes.

6. None of the Great Powers can build new units in Africa even if they control a space in Africa at game-start.

7. The Suez Canal Rules go like this:
7.1 A fleet may move back and forth between Egypt and Hejaz.
7.2 Movement between Egypt or Hejaz and the Mid-Atlantic Ocean is allowed. A unit that moves in this manner
does so at half strength. This means that a unit adjacent to Egypt or Hejaz succeeds in moving there if
opposed only by a fleet moving from the Mid-Atlantic Ocean and a fleet adjacent to the Mid-Atlantic Ocean
succeeds in moving there if opposed only by a fleet moving from Egypt or Hejaz.
7.3 A fleet in Egypt or Hejaz cannot support a unit holding in or moving to the Mid-Atlantic Ocean. This is true
even though the fleet in Egypt or Hejaz can itself move to the Mid-Atlantic Ocean. Likewise, a fleet in the Mid-
Atlantic Ocean cannot support a unit holding in or moving to Egypt or Hejaz.
7.4 A fleet moving from Egypt or Hejaz to the Mid-Atlantic Ocean does not cut support being provided by a
fleet already in the Mid-Atlantic Ocean unless the attack results in F Mid-Atlantic Ocean being dislodged. The
opposite is equally true. A fleet moving from the Mid-Atlantic Ocean to Egypt or Hejaz does not cut support
being provided by a unit already in Egypt or Hejaz unless the attack results in the unit being dislodged.
7.5 F Mid-Atlantic Ocean can convoy an army from or to Egypt or Hejaz. An army convoyed from Egypt or
Hejaz attacks its destination space at full strength. An army convoyed to Egypt or Hejaz attacks at half strength.
7.6 If two units may retreat only to Egypt or Hejaz, or the Mid-Atlantic Ocean, and one of them must travel
around the southern tip of Africa, the unit that does not travel around southern Africa may retreat while the
other unit is disbanded. Similarly, if two units are retreating to Egypt or Hejaz, or the Mid-Atlantic Ocean, and
one of them must travel around the southern tip of Africa, the unit that does not travel around southern Africa
may retreat while the other unit is disbanded.

8. Russian Emergency Measures: Whenever Russia possesses at least one, BUT NOT ALL FOUR, of its original
home supply centers, it is entitled to maintain one extra unit on the map (i.e., one more than the number of
supply centers it currently controls). Additionally, while Russia is in this condition, the Russian player may use
Siberia as a build site during the adjustment phase, if Siberia is unoccupied. Should Russia fail to possess at
least one home supply center OR should it regain possession of all four of its home supply centers, the ability
to maintain an extra unit is lost and any excess units must be disbanded during the subsequent adjustment
phase. Further, Siberia reverts too its normal status (i.e., it is no longer a build site). Note that Siberia, while
it may become a build site, NEVER attains supply center status.

The next deadline is

February 13, 2019, 03:00:00 pm
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 11:24:07 am by faust »

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2019, 05:28:04 pm »

I propose that nobody attacks me this first year.  Ok thx.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2019, 07:10:46 am »

I noticed that the Steamroller rule is not the same as the Russian Emergency Measures (REM) rule. Is this change intentional?
8. Steamroller Rule: Russia is allowed to have one additional unit while it controls at least one of the four Russian home SCs. If other Powers control of all four Russian home SCs, with control being determined after the Fall retreats, the ability to maintain an additional unit is lost and Russia may only field a number of units equal to the number of SCs it actually controls. Should Russia regain a home SC, it would again be eligible to field an additional unit, though this unit would need to be built in an open home SC as per normal build rules. Note that the additional unit does not appear at the start of the game, as there is no vacant home SC to put it in.
The REM Rule reflects the fact that Russia's greatest military assets at the dawn of the 20th century were its seemingly endless supply of manpower and its vast resources. Unfortunately, terrible mismanagement and a weak economy prevented Russia from successfully exploiting these assets. If Russia were to suffer a severe setback, such as is implied by the loss of a home supply center, it seems reasonable to assume the Russian government would be shocked into taking drastic measures to overcome the situation, to include stripping the many garrisons stationed throughout the Asiatic portions of the Empire and better managing its limited industrial capability. To this effect:

•Whenever Russia possesses at least one, BUT NOT ALL FOUR, of its original home supply centers, it is entitled to maintain one extra unit on the map (i.e., one more than the number of supply centers it currently controls). Additionally, while Russia is in this condition, the Russian player may use Siberia as a build site during the adjustment phase, if Siberia is unoccupied. Should Russia fail to possess at least one home supply center OR should it regain possession of all four of its home supply centers, the ability to maintain an extra unit is lost and any excess units must be disbanded during the subsequent adjustment phase. Further, Siberia reverts too its normal status (i.e., it is no longer a build site).

•Note that Siberia, while it may become a build site, NEVER attains supply center status."

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2019, 07:45:49 am »

I noticed that the Steamroller rule is not the same as the Russian Emergency Measures (REM) rule. Is this change intentional?
8. Steamroller Rule: Russia is allowed to have one additional unit while it controls at least one of the four Russian home SCs. If other Powers control of all four Russian home SCs, with control being determined after the Fall retreats, the ability to maintain an additional unit is lost and Russia may only field a number of units equal to the number of SCs it actually controls. Should Russia regain a home SC, it would again be eligible to field an additional unit, though this unit would need to be built in an open home SC as per normal build rules. Note that the additional unit does not appear at the start of the game, as there is no vacant home SC to put it in.
The REM Rule reflects the fact that Russia's greatest military assets at the dawn of the 20th century were its seemingly endless supply of manpower and its vast resources. Unfortunately, terrible mismanagement and a weak economy prevented Russia from successfully exploiting these assets. If Russia were to suffer a severe setback, such as is implied by the loss of a home supply center, it seems reasonable to assume the Russian government would be shocked into taking drastic measures to overcome the situation, to include stripping the many garrisons stationed throughout the Asiatic portions of the Empire and better managing its limited industrial capability. To this effect:

•Whenever Russia possesses at least one, BUT NOT ALL FOUR, of its original home supply centers, it is entitled to maintain one extra unit on the map (i.e., one more than the number of supply centers it currently controls). Additionally, while Russia is in this condition, the Russian player may use Siberia as a build site during the adjustment phase, if Siberia is unoccupied. Should Russia fail to possess at least one home supply center OR should it regain possession of all four of its home supply centers, the ability to maintain an extra unit is lost and any excess units must be disbanded during the subsequent adjustment phase. Further, Siberia reverts too its normal status (i.e., it is no longer a build site).

•Note that Siberia, while it may become a build site, NEVER attains supply center status."
I was not intended to be changed, but it seems that the jDip implementation of 1900 comes with the Steamroller rule. I will go check this when I am at my home computer, it may take a day or so.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomacy 6 (Spring 1901 - Deadline Feb 13, 3 pm)
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2019, 07:36:43 am »

So, I checked and I only have the jDip variant that includes the Steamroller rule. I don't really want to figure out how to write my own variant, so I'd just do that. If somebody (ghost?) knows where I could get resources to run the REM rules, I would not be opposed to changing that if that's what everyone prefers.

ghostofmars

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2019, 09:40:27 am »

I manually edited the map for the REM. Essentially it amounts to two things: do not build all the units if you have all 4 centers and using the edit function to put a unit on Siberia.

One other thing: I think jDip also doesn't enforce some of the rules regarding the movement around Africa in particular the half strength.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2019, 11:25:12 am »

I manually edited the map for the REM. Essentially it amounts to two things: do not build all the units if you have all 4 centers and using the edit function to put a unit on Siberia.

One other thing: I think jDip also doesn't enforce some of the rules regarding the movement around Africa in particular the half strength.
Okay, I should have thought of just doing it manually... thanks. I'll also take care that the Suez Canal rules work as intended. We will play this game with REM rules rather than the Steamroller rule.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2019, 09:01:06 am »

I assume we submit orders via our QTs?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2019, 09:29:16 am »

I assume we submit orders via our QTs?
Preferably yes, but you can submit them via PM if QT is inconvenient for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2019, 03:50:24 am »

Reminder: Deadline is 11 hours from now.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2019, 03:41:18 pm »

Orders:

Code: [Select]
Austria
A Vie - Tri
A Bud - Gal
A Tri - Ser

England
F Edi - NwS
F Lon - Nth
F Gib - Mid
F Egy - Cyr

Turkey
A Con - Mac
F Ank - Bla
A Dam - Arm

France
A Mar - Spa
F Bre - Mid
A Par - Bur
A Alg - Tun

Italy
A Mil - Swi
A Rom - Apu
F Nap - Ion

Russia
F StP - GBo
A Mos - StP
A War Hold
F Sev - Rum

Germany
F Kie - Den
A Ber - Kie
A Mun - Als
A Col - Net

Fall 1901 begins now. The new deadline is

February 19, 2019, 03:00:00 pm
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 03:56:31 pm by faust »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 20 queries.