Miscellaneous > Non-Mafia Game Threads

Diplomacy 6 (Game ended)

(1/20) > >>

faust:
Current map:

Hello all,

I had quite some fun playing forum Diplomacy some time ago here and thought I would maybe host a game of that. So for now I want to see if there is enough interest for that.

Signup list:
1. LaLight - Russia
2. Jack Rudd - Germany
3. Jimmmmm - England
4. ghostofmars - Turkey
5. Glooble - France
6. UmbrageofSnow - Austria
7. A Drowned Kernel - Italy

Diplomacy can accommodate up to 7 players, and I would like to get the full numbers in if at all possible. I am vaguely planning to run the 1900 variant, as that is what we did last time and I think it enhances interaction. Best read ghost's original post:

--- Quote from: ghostofmars on April 03, 2015, 05:01:47 pm ---Shameless quote from BGG:
The balance of power between the seven Great Nations of Europe teeters precariously at the dawn of the 20th Century. Take control of Austria-Hungary, Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, or Turkey and lead your chosen nation to victory. You will have to balance your expansion with carefully crafted alliances, knowing when to seize the advantage through a perfectly-timed stab while avoiding being stabbed yourself.

To push players out of there comfort zone with the known stalemate lines and openings, we will play the 1900 variant designed to be more interactive than the original game. There are only small rule changes compared to the original version, so I think it is possible for new players to jump in.

Resources for the variant:
a high resolution map
Changes to the original version and their motivations
Gamers' Guide to this variant (extensive!) Discusses the motivation for the changes in a bit more detail and some ideas about the strategy in this variant.

Resources for the original game:
Diplomacy Official Rulebook
Quick Teaching Guide
jDip, a great tool for testing move ideas and making sure they're legal. You can download the variant map for jDip here

--- End quote ---

Feel free to use this thread for preliminary discussion. Possible topics:

- what is Diplomacy?
- how good or bad is the 1900 variant?
- should there be deadlines, and how long should they be?
etc.

LaLight:
I've found a yet awesome tutorial:

It is simple (as of part 4) and quite interesting. Also the guy's accent is absolutely magical

LaLight:
oh and /in

faust:
The links featured in ghost's original post (with rules for the variant) don't seem to work any longer, so here's another link instead:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1277927/rules-1900-diplomacy-variant

Jack Rudd:
/in

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version