Dominion > Rules Questions

Watchtower+Market Square

(1/4) > >>

vishwathg:
Okay, another question. Someone gives you a curse. You trash it with Watchtower. Can you discard Market Squares? Specifically, when exactly does a card become yours?

Also, if you buy a Copper and trash it with Watchtower, can you discard Market Squares? My reasoning is that the answer might be different since buying and gaining are two separate actions, in the non-Dominion sense of the word. (Right?)

Holunder9:
I am no rules expert but I think the timing is like this: you gain a Curse, so it becomes one of your cards (there is no "card nirvana" in which the Curse ever is which is what you probably supposed with Watchtower), then you reveal Watchtower to trash it and then you can trigger Market Square.

GendoIkari:
Watchtower only reacts to gaining cards, which means by the time you use it, you have already gained the card. So it is yours, and you can use Market Square's reaction also. It doesn't matter if it is gained as a result of buying it, or as a result of some other gain effect.

aku_chi:
The rulings on Inheritance confirm that a card is yours for on-gain triggers and for on-buy triggers.  The latter is unintuitive to me.

Donald X.:

--- Quote from: aku_chi on August 31, 2018, 03:59:39 pm ---The rulings on Inheritance confirm that a card is yours for on-gain triggers and for on-buy triggers.  The latter is unintuitive to me.

--- End quote ---
My feeling was that many players would think you got the when-buy triggers, because they don't so much distinguish between when-gain and when-buy. Really I shouldn't have done when-buy triggers at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version