Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Noble Brigand: "You gain the trashed cards."  (Read 1878 times)

vishwathg

• Navigator
  • Respect: +92
    • View Profile
Noble Brigand: "You gain the trashed cards."
« on: August 28, 2018, 11:34:01 pm »
+3

Hey, I found this place again! Anyways:

What exactly are "the trashed cards?" For example, say my opponent's Noble Brigand flips two Estates and I gain a Copper. I use a Watchtower to trash the Copper. Must my opponent gain the Copper? (Probably not, but just making sure.)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1705
    • View Profile
Re: Noble Brigand: "You gain the trashed cards."
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 11:38:26 pm »
+4

You gain the cards that were trashed as a result of playing Noble Brigand, not from any other effect.

Screwyioux

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: JakeTheZipper
  • Respect: +226
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 09:46:51 am »

A+ for creativity though.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 10:52:59 am »

I don't know if that's quite fair. I think it's reasonable to wonder if any cards trashed during the "window" of Noble Brigand's execution would be gained.

Screwyioux

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 12:01:19 pm »
+2

I don't know if that's quite fair. I think it's reasonable to wonder if any cards trashed during the "window" of Noble Brigand's execution would be gained.

Oh I didn't mean it to sound condescending or anything. I just wouldn't have thought about possible Copper junking with Watchtower. It would be kind of neat if it worked that way.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2018, 01:09:36 pm »

Oh I didn't mean it to sound condescending or anything. I just wouldn't have thought about possible Copper junking with Watchtower. It would be kind of neat if it worked that way.

You could also reveal a Beggar, trashing the two Silvers with your Watchtower, then reveal your Diplomat (you still have five cards in hand because they played a Council Room earlier), discarding some Tunnels, trashing the received Golds with Watchtower, and then when the attack rolls around, you reveal a Market Square when your treasure is trashed to get a Gold, then reveal a Trader to get a Silver instead, then reveal your Watchtower to trash it, and then reveal another Market Square to get another Gold, then trash that with your Watchtower, reveal another Market Square, then topdeck that Gold it with your Watchtower.

What happens then?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Screwyioux

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2018, 03:17:45 pm »
+1

You could also reveal a Beggar, trashing the two Silvers with your Watchtower, then reveal your Diplomat (you still have five cards in hand because they played a Council Room earlier), discarding some Tunnels, trashing the received Golds with Watchtower, and then when the attack rolls around, you reveal a Market Square when your treasure is trashed to get a Gold, then reveal a Trader to get a Silver instead, then reveal your Watchtower to trash it, and then reveal another Market Square to get another Gold, then trash that with your Watchtower, reveal another Market Square, then topdeck that Gold it with your Watchtower.

What happens then?

Yu-Gi-Oh theme music starts playing in the background as you dramatically point to Bandit Fort and laugh.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 03:58:09 am »

What happens then?

What was the middle thing?
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 10:09:47 am »

What happens then?

?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 10:20:05 am »

What happens then?

?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.