Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Anticipating Renaissance  (Read 1658 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +7973
    • View Profile
Re: Anticipating Renaissance
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2018, 02:04:59 pm »

The teasers said there would be a trasher that you can't turn off, but we didn't get to see it in the previews.
I thought Sewers was confirmed as the always-on trasher.

No, that was just me being pedantic.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Holunder9

• Minion
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2018, 02:31:46 pm »
+1

OK, there are no Events in Renaissance but nonetheless, Delve for Villagers:

$2
Event
+1 Buy and +1 Villager

$2
Event
+1 Villager. If this is the first time you buy UNNAMED EVENT this turn, +1 Buy.

$2
Event
Once per turn: +1 Buy and +1 Villager

There is an interesting discussion in Asper's thread about the mirror version of this for Coffers that did not work (and, on a sidenote, I think that this is a very important playtesting result and it made Asper understand the strength of Coffers far better than somebody like me who, in spite of using some fan cards with Coffers, never tried something simple like convert 2 Coins into 1 Coffers and thus never got such clear insights). LibraryAdventurer had an idea to fix this via forcing you to spend Buys on this Event beyond the first one and an even harsher version would be to make it only once per turn.
I guess that Villagers are slightly weaker (I know, it is a a nearly impossible comparison) than Coffers but above all they are not brilliant in quantities. 16 Coffers and 2 Buys are 2 Provinces whereas 16 Villagers is just the end of worries about your engine not running. With Villagers there is (probably?) nothing abusive / game ruining like the smoothing of Coins over turns that you can too easily do with the Coffers version of this Event.

Kudasai

• Golem
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2018, 03:09:41 pm »

$2
Event
+1 Buy and +1 Villager

I like your assessment of Coffers versus Villagers and think this version of your Event would be a fine starting point. Whether $2 is worth 1 Villager probably depends on the Kingdom and where you are in the game. The player who manages their purchases of this Event will probably get rewarded nicely for it!

Kudasai

• Golem
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2018, 03:16:15 pm »

The teasers said there would be a trasher that you can't turn off, but we didn't get to see it in the previews.  Seems like an obvious Project idea, although I'm not sure how the details would work out.
Trasher you can't turn off - $2 Project
At the beginning of each turn, +1 card, then trash a card from your hand.

I'm not sure if this is a good turn 1 buy, or if it becomes a liability later on, especially in games without +buy.  Maybe it could cost $5 or $6 instead.  I put in the +1 card so it isn't garbage against discard attacks, but there are probably other ways of dealing with that issue.

Another idea:

Trasher you can't turn off - $6 Project
At the beginning of each turn, trash a card from your hand, and gain a non-victory card costing no more than it, to your hand.

So you could get a Transmogrify-type effect each turn.  But maybe that would just demolish piles, so I restricted it from milling Provinces.

Yeah, a project seems like a likely fit. I'm not sure why it would be, but it could also be a Duration (Permanent). Either way, I think you're correct that it will need a little extra on top of the trashing to make it worth it. +1 Card would be good (maybe too good), but I could also see +$1 (for a permanent Junk Dealer) working well.

The earlier you get this the better your deck will come together, but getting it early also makes you run the risk of running out of junk to trash by late game.

Holunder9

• Minion
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2018, 04:48:10 pm »

I doubt that it is a straightforward out-of-hand trasher, that can be pretty harsh in the ending. Perhaps it is a Remodeller or and out-of-hand-trasher or it includes the option to not trash, like Sentry. The expansion is after all meant to be simple so I doubt that there will be something nasty that can massively backfire.

crlundy

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: crlundy
  • Respect: +229
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2018, 06:23:56 pm »

I doubt that it is a straightforward out-of-hand trasher, that can be pretty harsh in the ending. Perhaps it is a Remodeller or and out-of-hand-trasher or it includes the option to not trash, like Sentry. The expansion is after all meant to be simple so I doubt that there will be something nasty that can massively backfire.

Could be something kind of like a cross between Transmogrify and Amulet:

Project
Trash a card from your hand. Choose one: gain a card costing up to $1 more than it; or +$1.

Fly-Eagles-Fly

• Bishop
  • Respect: +44
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2018, 07:04:44 pm »
+1

Could be something kind of like a cross between Transmogrify and Amulet:

Project
Trash a card from your hand. Choose one: gain a card costing up to $1 more than it; or +$1.
This would be:
At the start of your turn, trash a card from your hand.  Choose one: gain a card costing up to $1 more than it; or +$1.

NoMoreFun

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +955
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2018, 10:11:10 pm »

Tent City
Project - $6
At the start of your turn,  reveal your hand. +1 Action for each
Action card you revealed.

Road
Project - $5
At the start of your turn,  reveal your hand. +1 Card for each Victory card you revealed.

Sample
Project - $5
On your turns,  copies of cards you have in play cost $1 less (but not less than $0)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:36:06 am by NoMoreFun »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 20 queries.