Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47  All

Author Topic: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Game Over!)  (Read 141242 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (D3)
« Reply #975 on: October 05, 2018, 10:32:22 am »

I’m Agent Nathan, the FBI Agent.

Anyway my ability is “it’s the fbi” and I’m a delayed Cop, with a flavor saying “investigations take a while”... but I think I’m also an enabler for scum’s vote manipulation because I targeted ashersky for n0 (Town, btw, though I got the result n1) and morgrim n1 (also town). The reason I think I’m the enabler/selector for scum’s vote manipulation is that I targeted e last night and we haven’t seen any manipulation today.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: October 05, 2018, 10:34:19 am »

Hope that makes sense I’m phone posting so couldn’t read over to make sure autocorrect didn’t screw things up

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 05, 2018, 11:48:33 am »

Almost done!

I am Farah Black, the Universe-Aligned Faltering Security Officer for the Spring family. I have been charged with the ability to protect, but due to certain events in my past, I often lack in self confidence.

I have one main ability, and one side ability:

Main:
Power of Protection - At night, I may choose 3 players to protect. If any of them were to die, they will instead live, and I will lose my power to protect for the rest of the game. If I fail to protect anyone, then on any subsequent night I can only choose up to 2 players. If I fail to protect again, then I may only choose a single player, and if I fail to protect for 3 nights (total), then I lose the power entirely.

Side:
As long as Lydia Spring is alive, I was determined to find and help her. Each night I could target two people and would get "Lydia/Not Lydia" as a result. I wasn't told what my finding her would do, except that she desperately needed my help - My guess is that if I found her, she would've lost the randomness of her powers and gotten the opportunity to choose each night.

Night 1 I did not use my power of protection at all. There were 13 alive players (12 that I could choose from), and the odds of me even finding somebody to protect were at their lowest. My reads weren't really that strong, and I had no idea about any other game mechanics at that time. Due to the fact that my initial shot can save up to THREE people at once, I figured holding off and giving myself the chance to make it really valuable instead of just hoping to get a random protect that I wouldn't even be able to pinpoint.

Night 2 we were now down 4 players (none of whom were scum), and there were 10 alive (9 for me to choose from). I did my research on Hydrad's claim. Rereading D1 & D2, it was incredibly obvious that his partner was either Morgrim or Space (based on voting and stated read histories of all players involved with Hydrad). With the added comment by Hydrad right at the end of the day yesterday about not wanting to flavor claim, it heavily tipped the scales towards Morgrim. Given that Hydrad was likely Detective Estevez, and Morgrim Detective Zimmerfield, and that if I had pieced that together so would scum, it seemed the obvious choice to protect our Mason-Cops last night. I made Grkrieg my third as he was my largest town read following D2 since he was the only person that I felt was actually looking for scum in trying to get Silver lynched.

Having failed to protect anybody last night (I received a note from the Mod saying my confidence level has dropped slightly), I can now only protect two people tonight. That said, I can confirm that none of Hydrad/Morgrim/Gkrieg were targeted to die last night.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 05, 2018, 12:19:40 pm »

EFHW has the claim that doesn't fit with the others.  Space is probably town considering they are the main character of the show.  Galzria's power seems necessary considering town had so many ways to die.

Datswan's power doesn't make a lot of sense for town.  It does make a lot of sense for scum.

chairs also doesn't strike me as town, and is probably the scum member that does vote manipulation.

Still no one claimed to have done anything to have blocked me N1, so my guess is that scum has a roleblocker.  I haven't looked back at the flips of other people yet.

Space and galz seem the towniest to me other than the masons after the claims, which leaves EFHW/chairs/Datswan as the scums.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 05, 2018, 12:50:12 pm »

Do we know Hydad's power?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 05, 2018, 12:53:55 pm »

Do we know Hydad's power?

No, Morgrim & Hydrad finish out the claims.

Does Hydrad need to claim?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: October 05, 2018, 02:00:20 pm »

I’m Agent Nathan, the FBI Agent.

Anyway my ability is “it’s the fbi” and I’m a delayed Cop, with a flavor saying “investigations take a while”... but I think I’m also an enabler for scum’s vote manipulation because I targeted ashersky for n0 (Town, btw, though I got the result n1) and morgrim n1 (also town). The reason I think I’m the enabler/selector for scum’s vote manipulation is that I targeted e last night and we haven’t seen any manipulation today.

Also because of this claim, either the masons are town or chairs is scum with them. 

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 05, 2018, 02:59:16 pm »

I think morgrim has basically already claimed but I think our claims are the same. We are both masons and share a QT that is always open. We are both cops that shared the power. We had 2cop shots. One would return incorrect and one would turn correct. We weren't allowed to choose ourselves with the shot. We could choose who would do the cop action. N1: morgrim used it on iguana and N2: I used it on silver.

Both results turned up as town so I don't know how that happened.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 05, 2018, 03:44:35 pm »

I think morgrim has basically already claimed but I think our claims are the same. We are both masons and share a QT that is always open. We are both cops that shared the power. We had 2cop shots. One would return incorrect and one would turn correct. We weren't allowed to choose ourselves with the shot. We could choose who would do the cop action. N1: morgrim used it on iguana and N2: I used it on silver.

Both results turned up as town so I don't know how that happened.
what he said
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 05, 2018, 04:13:07 pm »

EFHW has the claim that doesn't fit with the others.  Space is probably town considering they are the main character of the show.  Galzria's power seems necessary considering town had so many ways to die.

Datswan's power doesn't make a lot of sense for town.  It does make a lot of sense for scum.

chairs also doesn't strike me as town, and is probably the scum member that does vote manipulation.

Still no one claimed to have done anything to have blocked me N1, so my guess is that scum has a roleblocker.  I haven't looked back at the flips of other people yet.

Space and galz seem the towniest to me other than the masons after the claims, which leaves EFHW/chairs/Datswan as the scums.

I am not quite sure what makes my role suspicious. However i agree with you on space and Galz. Your role seems a little suspicious to me, but you seem towny so idk what to do with that right now
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: October 05, 2018, 04:25:49 pm »

It's pretty suspicious to absorb people's powers...

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 05, 2018, 04:28:24 pm »

I wanna clarify - i do NOT absorb their powers. I absorb their ENERGY, which is some thing my character does in the show i am to believe. Either way - in mafia terms - the absorption of energy is flavor only
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 05, 2018, 04:47:59 pm »

WCD did, and she was town.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 05, 2018, 05:39:51 pm »

Wcd was a survivor
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 05, 2018, 05:45:13 pm »

Wcd was a survivor
oh right. Not scum, though.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: October 05, 2018, 06:17:40 pm »

I say we should all lynch EFHW.  She has been scummy and her claim is scummy.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: October 05, 2018, 06:54:41 pm »

If I repeatedly target the same person then each time I get an additional power.

Do you now get to detect motion and gender on your N3 target, if it's an additional power, not just additional information on your target the second time you pick the same person?

If so, given that there are not that many significant female characters left in the show, you could target Galz to check he's Farah, or target gkrieg on the off-chance he's Bart masquerading as a vig.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: October 05, 2018, 06:57:01 pm »

I'm Hugo Friedkin, the Universe-aligned Dumb Military Unit.

I have a 50% chance vig shot.  If I miss, I become voteless the next day (really swingy)

I shot silver both nights.  The first night I was blocked, because silver didn't die, but I didn't miss and lose my vote (I also got a message that said I was unable to shoot). 

The second night silver died, but I was told I missed and was now voteless.

Does this mean "miss" as in you try to shoot and the coin-flip goes the wrong way, or "miss" as in you try to shoot at someone who is protected, already dead, or for some other reason cannot be targeted?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: October 05, 2018, 07:08:09 pm »

@gkreig, to clarify, I'm wondering whether the order of resolution matters in your "miss" thing, and whether silver dying of a weak visit means he becomes in invalid target, because I still want to make some sense of what went on with silver, especially since it seems that even our extra revealed kill mechanism doesn't account for his death.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: October 05, 2018, 07:10:13 pm »

Wcd was a survivor
oh right. Not scum, though.

... is this an error more likely to be made by someone on the scum team? If EFHW viewed WCD as "town" simply because WCD was not on EFHW's scum-team, I think this kind of slip may be marginally more likely.

Of course, then I have to worry about why gkrieg, who's posted right after EFHW to call for her lynch, wasn't paying attention to something like that (or wasn't commenting, at any rate...).

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: October 05, 2018, 07:12:53 pm »

Chairs and Swan are the ones whose flavour gives me the most worry. Chairs because I'd forgotten the character entirely and had to look him up, and Swan because if I were trying to put fake flavour for scum somewhere, additional Rowdy Three members would be an easy solution (and also the other Rowdy Three member has flipped, so we know he was town, and I'm just generally suspicious of Swan still).

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: October 05, 2018, 07:21:26 pm »

Okay, last thing before I go to bed! What's everyone else's best explanation for why the masons got two "town" responses on two townies when they were supposed to get one try and one false.

I wonder if there's some kind of soul-swap mechanic, where we think we're targeting one player, but actually get an output from another player thanks to some scum-controlled soul-swap role/power/machine. That feels just too wild and unsolvable for town though, because with that much messing around and Galz's claimed protective ability, the WV-type roles would mean very little other than a high death rate for town.

Has anyone thought it through any further? If not, why not? :-P I'm more or less happy treating the masons as ICs now, though I'd be happy to listen to arguments as to why that's bad, if anyone wants to make them...

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: October 05, 2018, 07:25:18 pm »

upon reading up on the show I think the whole Machine Men Clan people could be skum and the idea of soul swapping could def be a thing. Probably not terribly worth while for us to work on it too much right now in regards to the masons, but that is just based on the small amount of time we have left until DL.

Speaking of which... I am teaching for the next 3-4 hours, but then should be around more or less for the last 4ish hours of DL.

I would be OK with EFHW, Chairs, or GK today (the order of which I am not sure of at this point).
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 05, 2018, 08:35:36 pm »

Here is a summary of our claimed actions. It's in order of claims. Italics show open questions or things we have no explanation for:

N0:
Chairs targeted ashersky with delayed cop. Result: town, and voting weirdness

N1:
Space claims silver targeted them N1 with WV. Result: silver lived. No breadcrumb.
Space targeted no one.
DatSwan t'd ashersky with WV. Result: DatSwan absorbed energy and lived.
EFHW t'd silver with Motion Detector. Result: yes
gkrieg t'd silver with 50% vig. Result: Didn't miss, but silver didn't die.
chairs t'd Morgrim with delayed cop. Result: town and voting weirdness.
Galz t'd no one.
Morgrim t'd iguana. Result: town. Means next result should be false.

N2:
Space t'd silver with 50%RB, 50%Motivator. Result: unknown
DatSwan t'd Galz with WV. Result: DatSwan lived. Did he absorb energy?
EFHW t'd silver with MD+. Result: yes and flavor is female.
gkrieg t'd silver with 50% vig. Result: Missed and lost vote for D3.
chairs t'd e. Result: None yet, but will be town. No voting weirdness.
Galzria t'd Hydrad, Morgrim and gkrieg for Doctoring. Result: Not needed.
Galzria t'd ?? in search of Lydia.
Hydrad t'd silver. Result: Town. But should have received "scum" as result.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 05, 2018, 08:38:25 pm »

I say we should all lynch EFHW.  She has been scummy and her claim is scummy.
Just stating that I am scummy is scummy itself. Can you elaborate?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 21 queries.