Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47  All

Author Topic: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Game Over!)  (Read 141210 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (D3)
« Reply #950 on: October 04, 2018, 12:31:32 pm »

I honestly had a dream that this game was over already. Oops.
Who were the scum?

I’m a bit fuzzy on details but I wanna say it was Space and Galz as mafia and then you were the SK

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 04, 2018, 12:42:32 pm »

Ok we need a claiming order today. Stop talking about it and post it otherwise we won’t have any time to look at it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 04, 2018, 12:43:01 pm »

And by look at it I mean the claims after we have all claimed.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 04, 2018, 02:11:36 pm »

Ok list time. Sorry it took so long.

Space.
Dat.
Efhw.
Gkrieg.
Chairs.
Galz.
Morg.
Hydrad
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 04, 2018, 02:24:03 pm »

go go space space

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 04, 2018, 07:08:45 pm »

@Morgrim and Hydrad: Wow, you guys are waaaaay off if I'm at the top of your list because you think I'm acting like scum! We are screwed if you just go along with what Galz says (not that he's actually even posted a case on me!) and/or follow Morgrim's gut on me "sounding scummy". @Morgrim: I'm very frequently mislynched as town. Like, it used to happen every game. Gkrieg was usually waving an extra-big pitchfork. Apparently I just sound self-conscious or too analytical or excessively I-don't-know-what.

Anyway, I'm Dirk Gently. My power has a 50% chance of essentially role-blocking someone, and a 50% chance of essentially motivating them with an extra shot of their power.

On the first night, I targeted nobody because I was really not hooked into the game enough to be sure what to do, and my deadline is early because other people need time to react to the possible extra shot.

On the second night, I targeted silver, because I had a theory that he was a loud cop or loud tracker or something (I actually thought loud->rowdy 3->following people). It makes sense to me that he'd cop me or track me early on to see whether he could trust me, since he and I have a lot of similarities in our approaches sometimes.

Note that with silver's 25% WV, having two shots increases the chance of him being a WV from 25% to 43.75%, assuming LL re-randomised twice independently. And either he had a greatly increased chance of being WV, or he was blocked entirely, meaning there is an entirely different kill mechanism in the game. (Or my shot was switched onto someone else, or something else modified my shot or silver's shot etc, but these with a much lower probability...).
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 04, 2018, 07:14:56 pm »

go go space space

Sorry for the gap there :-( I was at work till just before Hydrad posted the list, then at a friend's 21st birthday party, then when I got home I had some urgent proof-reading for work (I'm one of rather few native speakers, since we hire more for technical ability than report-writing skills!) and the day's duolingo to do before I let myself back onto the forum.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (D1)
« Reply #957 on: October 04, 2018, 07:18:42 pm »

I mean, what can go wrong with a random British singleton popping up in the US? :-P

Oh yeah, and I said this as a sort of Dirk breadcrumb early on, since I was referring to myself while drawing a parallel with Dirk :-)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 04, 2018, 07:22:01 pm »

I assume you are purposefully withholding something about the roleblocking - which is fine, just want to verify. Also, have you clarified with LL what would happen to your modifier in the silver instance?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 04, 2018, 07:56:45 pm »

I assume you are purposefully withholding something about the roleblocking - which is fine, just want to verify. Also, have you clarified with LL what would happen to your modifier in the silver instance?

No, I'm just wary about quoting my QT too closely, so I paraphrased. What else is it you want to know? I either get to give them an extra shot, with 50% chance, or if not, they can't do anything at all. I don't get told which way it went.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: October 04, 2018, 07:57:43 pm »

No, I'm just wary about quoting my QT too closely, so I paraphrased. What else is it you want to know? I either get to give them an extra shot, with 50% chance, or if not, they can't do anything at all. I don't get told which way it went.

fair enough.
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 04, 2018, 07:58:20 pm »

Ah, though now I've just asked a question, it's about to hit 1am and I need sleep. Sorry!

PPE 1: okay.. if you're happy with that, then it's your turn to claim, isn't it?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 04, 2018, 07:59:35 pm »

Space, you’re claiming NOT to have targeted Gkrieg N1, yeah?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 04, 2018, 08:05:40 pm »

Regardless, no reason to slow it up... here is mine:

You are Gripps, a Universe-Aligned Rowdy3 Member

Your abilities:

Your need to feed on the emotional energy of others is insatiable...

Psychic vampire - Every night you may target a player. If the target is Universe-Aligned, you will be informed you have absorbed their energy. If the target is not Universe-Aligned, you will die. If you do not absorb another player's energy at night, you will die the following night.

You know Amanda Brotzman is in the game. If you successfully target Amanda Brotzman at night, their Pararibulitis will be healed.

*When I asked for how my role card would flip, I learned the entirety of the information regarding Amanda Brotzman was to be [Redacted]*

My night actions were:

Night 1: I targeted Ashes - mainly because I didn't know who to target, and they were playing similarly to the other game I have played with them.

Night 2: I targeted Galz - which is obviously why I have been hard town reading them today. I had a small amount of paranoia end of D2 with the bomb mechanic, but then thought about it and decided they were a good verifiable target. Also, if I died and flipped, I assumed people would look to Galz based on the same suspicions I have been dealing with today.

I clarified with the MOD that if I do not absorb the energy of a player then "I will not receive a confirmation". I am taking that to mean that if I am role blocked or something in some way and my action is nullified I will not be informed of anything.

I also clarified regarding re-direction. The only response I get is that I "successfully absorbed energy". So technically I do not know if I did so from the targeted player. Obviously Ashes is town, and I am a strong strong town read on Galz, but just making sure it is known. 

Lastly, regarding Amnda Brotzman and Pararibulitis - I had to go to Wiki because I have not really seen the show. It led me to believe that finding her would be helpful. In hindsight, I am assuming I would of alleviated the chance factor of her role thus allowing her to choose which ability to use at night.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 04, 2018, 08:06:16 pm »

Ah, though now I've just asked a question, it's about to hit 1am and I need sleep. Sorry!

PPE 1: okay.. if you're happy with that, then it's your turn to claim, isn't it?

you answered my question. just wanted clarification that there was nothing you were holding back about "essentially roleblocker".
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 04, 2018, 09:12:48 pm »

I have barely digested Space and DatSwan's claims, but I don't want to leave this until morning.

I'm Scott Riggins, the Universe Aligned Black Wing Colonel. I'm a motion detector. If I repeatedly target the same person then each time I get an additional power. I targeted silver N1 and there was motion. I targeted him again N2 and there was motion and I learned his flavor character was female. I got all excited thinking I had found Bart, but then he died and I saw the flip.

@DatSwan - Did you do any breadcrumbing?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 04, 2018, 09:17:46 pm »

I have barely digested Space and DatSwan's claims, but I don't want to leave this until morning.

I'm Scott Riggins, the Universe Aligned Black Wing Colonel. I'm a motion detector. If I repeatedly target the same person then each time I get an additional power. I targeted silver N1 and there was motion. I targeted him again N2 and there was motion and I learned his flavor character was female. I got all excited thinking I had found Bart, but then he died and I saw the flip.

@DatSwan - Did you do any breadcrumbing?

Not really - Definetly did 0% intentionally on Ashes. Last minute did the bomb Galz comment as i decided on Galz end of day 2.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 04, 2018, 09:18:35 pm »

@Space: I guess silver could even have WV'd twice.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 04, 2018, 09:58:34 pm »

I'm Hugo Friedkin, the Universe-aligned Dumb Military Unit.

I have a 50% chance vig shot.  If I miss, I become voteless the next day (really swingy)

I shot silver both nights.  The first night I was blocked, because silver didn't die, but I didn't miss and lose my vote (I also got a message that said I was unable to shoot). 

The second night silver died, but I was told I missed and was now voteless.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 05, 2018, 12:34:39 am »

@Morgrim and Hydrad: Wow, you guys are waaaaay off if I'm at the top of your list because you think I'm acting like scum! We are screwed if you just go along with what Galz says (not that he's actually even posted a case on me!) and/or follow Morgrim's gut on me "sounding scummy". @Morgrim: I'm very frequently mislynched as town. Like, it used to happen every game. Gkrieg was usually waving an extra-big pitchfork. Apparently I just sound self-conscious or too analytical or excessively I-don't-know-what.

Anyway, I'm Dirk Gently. My power has a 50% chance of essentially role-blocking someone, and a 50% chance of essentially motivating them with an extra shot of their power.

On the first night, I targeted nobody because I was really not hooked into the game enough to be sure what to do, and my deadline is early because other people need time to react to the possible extra shot.

On the second night, I targeted silver, because I had a theory that he was a loud cop or loud tracker or something (I actually thought loud->rowdy 3->following people). It makes sense to me that he'd cop me or track me early on to see whether he could trust me, since he and I have a lot of similarities in our approaches sometimes.

Note that with silver's 25% WV, having two shots increases the chance of him being a WV from 25% to 43.75%, assuming LL re-randomised twice independently. And either he had a greatly increased chance of being WV, or he was blocked entirely, meaning there is an entirely different kill mechanism in the game. (Or my shot was switched onto someone else, or something else modified my shot or silver's shot etc, but these with a much lower probability...).

Also, just thought about this... your math is wrong (bold to say to you, so I apologize). But if you targeted silver N2 and had a 50/50 chance of role blocking them I am unclear as to why you are so set on them WVing me. Your action alone creates a 50% probability that they were unable to take any action at all.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 05, 2018, 12:58:34 am »

we essentially have one "cross time zone day" to the end of day... so we should get this done probably.
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 05, 2018, 05:56:23 am »

@Space: I guess silver could even have WV'd twice.

I considered that, but if he had two WV shots and one clearly-indicated target, would he really decide to target twice? I think I would have used one shot and declined to target a second person in that scenario (or just targeted the same person twice if forced to pick target). Otherwise, the information put into the game by silver's death gets very fuzzy, and I think he'd think about maximising information, especially given that he had a town result on my by D2, and he knows how I think.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 05, 2018, 06:10:26 am »

Also, just thought about this... your math is wrong (bold to say to you, so I apologize). But if you targeted silver N2 and had a 50/50 chance of role blocking them I am unclear as to why you are so set on them WVing me. Your action alone creates a 50% probability that they were unable to take any action at all.

My maths isn't wrong, you just think I should have done different maths to start with :-P

I mostly said it just to counter the arguments about how rolling a 25% chance of something was too unlikely for WV to be worth considering. I believed that the game is bleeding townies too fast for there to be even more killing mechanisms out there, and therefore silver most likely died from his WV power, therefore my posterior belief that my shot had motivated rather than suppressed his power was much higher than 50%.

Now that gkrieg has come out as a vig who had it in for silver, I don't know what to think about my whole "too many things killing town" theory so much. I mean, gkrieg may well be scum trying to get his scumbiddy off the hook by muddying the waters around the breadcrumb issue, but at the same time, why risk that as scum rather than taking advantage of the good position they must be in by now just to go after one of their own for the townpoints? I'll have to wait for the other claims and see if anything anyone else makes any more or less sense.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 05, 2018, 06:11:15 am »

Space, you’re claiming NOT to have targeted Gkrieg N1, yeah?

I'm categorically stating that I didn't use my power at all N1.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 05, 2018, 10:23:04 am »

Chairs - your turn
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 20 queries.