Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47  All

Author Topic: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Game Over!)  (Read 141336 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (D3)
« Reply #925 on: October 03, 2018, 10:48:24 am »

I don't know why it's so quiet, with the exception of DatSwan, but we need to jumpstart things here. Unless there's a significant objection, I suggest we go ahead with the mass claim.

HYDRAD and MORGRIM: Please set up an order for us to claim in!

I'm hosting my colleagues for a boardgames night tonight, so I'll be mostly preoccupied till late.

PPE: I was going to join EFHW's call to the masons, but it looks like Morgrim's awake.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 03, 2018, 10:57:40 am »

DatSwan
EFHW
Space
gkrieg
chairs
Galz

I find the ordering quite funny, because my leading hypothesis at the moment is that Swan and Galz are scumbuddies... it's so uncharacteristic of Swan not to be super-suspicious of Galz, and we have a breadcrumb from a dead WV on Swan. And then there's Galz's awful silver case, which he built on top of allegedly reading incorrectly into Morgrim's posts.. If Galz is that great at reading the finer details, why was he missing all my "it's not silver" subtext at the same time? I think he was looking to build a mislynch case, rather than trying to read into the game that subtly. And why is Galz not engaging with the breadcrumb conversation?

At least Morgrim and I agree that Swan is looking scummy. If I were dictating the order, I'd suggest something more along the lines of:

Swan
Galz
chairs
gkrieg
EFHW
Space
Morgrim
Hydrad

As it is, masons, do you have daychat? If so, I think you should be debating this in your own QT, then presenting town with a finished list, rather than musing openly in here.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 03, 2018, 01:06:23 pm »

DatSwan
EFHW
Space
gkrieg
chairs
Galz

I find the ordering quite funny, because my leading hypothesis at the moment is that Swan and Galz are scumbuddies... it's so uncharacteristic of Swan not to be super-suspicious of Galz, and we have a breadcrumb from a dead WV on Swan. And then there's Galz's awful silver case, which he built on top of allegedly reading incorrectly into Morgrim's posts.. If Galz is that great at reading the finer details, why was he missing all my "it's not silver" subtext at the same time? I think he was looking to build a mislynch case, rather than trying to read into the game that subtly. And why is Galz not engaging with the breadcrumb conversation?

At least Morgrim and I agree that Swan is looking scummy. If I were dictating the order, I'd suggest something more along the lines of:

Swan
Galz
chairs
gkrieg
EFHW
Space
Morgrim
Hydrad

As it is, masons, do you have daychat? If so, I think you should be debating this in your own QT, then presenting town with a finished list, rather than musing openly in here.

My case on Silver was solid, I correctly guessed at Morgrim’s role, and while I misinterpreted his meaning (through little fault of my own, given Morgrim’s posts yesterday), it was by far the best case to be made yesterday in the hunt to find scum. Your town reading of Silver was based on next to nothing at all (He messaged me N1!), and you’ve been going out of your way to spin this whole thing since yesterday - almost as if you in fact KNEW that Silver was town.

As for the breadcrumb that you’re weighting so heavily- it’s funny that you think Silver was such an obvious breadcrumb for DatSwan D2... yet can’t point to the same about yourself from him D1. My guess is that you saw the potential crumb as an opportunity to attempt to frame Swan, but didn’t bother to do your research on how that fit together with trying to claim he targeted you N1 - something no evidence suggests to be true.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 03, 2018, 01:07:30 pm »

Case on Space to come today

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 03, 2018, 01:09:32 pm »

Actually, I would like gkrieg to claim first I am curious about the thing he said about being blocked after night one.

I really think I should claim later.  Much of my role is verifiable by what has happened thus far, and it would be beneficial for the blocker to not know exactly how I know I was blocked.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: October 03, 2018, 01:10:43 pm »

Also, I do not care where I claim. I asked that we do it earlier today, and I think we’ve wasted much of today thus far not getting it done. Space at this point is stalling the clock trying to get re-ordering done, but honestly I’ll happily go first just to get this going.

Mafia Record:

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: October 03, 2018, 01:17:51 pm »

I'm very surprised that Space is so insistent on focusing on the claim order, instead of just doing it.  I'm also surprised that EFHW is suggesting that we do a massclaim and pushing it with little reason.

EFHW has been way too under the radar this game for her to be town. 

The breadcrumb on Datswan is incriminating, considering silver definitely would have left a breadcrumb after looking for one from iguana so hard D2.  Also Space has a good point about Datswan and galzria not scum reading each other, but I don't think that incriminates galz.

Space has not been as systematic today as I would expect from their town selves.  No voting analysis, even after doing that in the past actually caught someone.

I would have to guess that galz is the other townie, Space/Datswan/EFHW is the scum team, and chairs has gone back to his lurker ways?  I guess we will know more after the massclaim.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: October 03, 2018, 02:48:34 pm »

Yeah we're talking about it

Actually, I would like gkrieg to claim first I am curious about the thing he said about being blocked after night one.

I really think I should claim later.  Much of my role is verifiable by what has happened thus far, and it would be beneficial for the blocker to not know exactly how I know I was blocked.

Later meaning when? We kinda have to lynch scum today or we're just about dead in the water, which means everyone should claim today IMO. Are you proposing that you claim nearer to last, or don't claim at all today? If you were suggesting that you should be exempt from the mass claim which should and probably will happen today, that seems scummy to me.

Ugh galz please don't be scum I am literally basing all my reads on you not being scum
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: October 03, 2018, 03:33:59 pm »

Yeah we're talking about it

Later meaning when? We kinda have to lynch scum today or we're just about dead in the water, which means everyone should claim today IMO. Are you proposing that you claim nearer to last, or don't claim at all today? If you were suggesting that you should be exempt from the mass claim which should and probably will happen today, that seems scummy to me.

Ugh galz please don't be scum I am literally basing all my reads on you not being scum

I just mean late in the order.  You were proposing I claim first and I was saying I should not claim first.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: October 03, 2018, 03:40:34 pm »

I guess I havn't posted since we suggested claiming. I think claiming is good and ya me and morgrim are talking about it we just are missing each other slightly in timing of messages. Sorry!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: October 03, 2018, 04:35:27 pm »

DatSwan
EFHW
Space
gkrieg
chairs
Galz

Swan
Galz
chairs
gkrieg
EFHW
Space
Morgrim
Hydrad

My case on Silver was solid, I correctly guessed at Morgrim’s role, and while I misinterpreted his meaning (through little fault of my own, given Morgrim’s posts yesterday), it was by far the best case to be made yesterday in the hunt to find scum. Your town reading of Silver was based on next to nothing at all (He messaged me N1!), and you’ve been going out of your way to spin this whole thing since yesterday - almost as if you in fact KNEW that Silver was town.

As for the breadcrumb that you’re weighting so heavily- it’s funny that you think Silver was such an obvious breadcrumb for DatSwan D2... yet can’t point to the same about yourself from him D1. My guess is that you saw the potential crumb as an opportunity to attempt to frame Swan, but didn’t bother to do your research on how that fit together with trying to claim he targeted you N1 - something no evidence suggests to be true.

I also pointed this out and agree.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: October 03, 2018, 06:21:36 pm »

Space at this point is stalling the clock trying to get re-ordering done, but honestly I’ll happily go first just to get this going.

I did genuinely come close to an actual lol when I saw that you seem to be Morgrim's top townread... that was in my office, in the middle of my work day! My post was mostly surprise at how differently Morgrim is reading it.

I'm really not happy about Morgrim's most recent post about "Please don't be scum Galz" because considering all the options is something Morgrim and Hydrad absolutely need to do.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: October 03, 2018, 06:23:20 pm »

Space has not been as systematic today as I would expect from their town selves.  No voting analysis, even after doing that in the past actually caught someone.

Yeah, but this voting weirdness stuff is kryptonite for my vote counter and usual vote analysis, because all the wagons I see in my derived page are based on votes cast visibly, not votes counted by the mod... so I've got wrong numbers everywhere, and no time to re-write it enough to auto-correct at the vote counts, since currently I don't parse the mod-provided counts :-(

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: October 03, 2018, 06:30:29 pm »

My case on Silver was solid, I correctly guessed at Morgrim’s role, and while I misinterpreted his meaning (through little fault of my own, given Morgrim’s posts yesterday), it was by far the best case to be made yesterday in the hunt to find scum.

Your story about how you read between the lines of Morgrim's posts just doesn't read true to me when you failed at the same time to read between the lines of what I was saying.

Come on, it's much stronger than that! He targeted me, so that vastly reduces the chance of him also having done a killing action, and people were specifically accusing him of being an SK.

Actually, if you read back and check the order things happened in, I spent too long searching for the pattern from D1 and then posted in-thread to say I couldn't find much of a crumb at all D1. It was EFHW who found the crum for N2 before I'd even gotten around to giving up my search for the D1 crumb and moving to D2.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: October 03, 2018, 06:32:19 pm »

I honestly had a dream that this game was over already. Oops.
Who were the scum?

I had a dream once where Mcmc was all the scum. He wasn't even playing in the game I was in at the time, though :-(

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: October 03, 2018, 06:41:52 pm »

Question for everyone: if you don't think silver targeted Swan in the night and died as a result, which other option (from the ones I just posted) are you suggesting is the true explanation, and what other decisions are you making based on that belief?

I really wish I had thought of this before posting what I just have... but how about you Space? If you remove me being skum and SS WVing me at night from the equation, what do you thing is the most plausible next option of the options you provided?

Let me state first that I think silver will have at least attempted to make good on the targeting and WV thing he was schooling us all on in D2.

If we have to have the constraint that you're town, then it's possible silver tried to visit you and was swapped onto scum. Maybe there's a soul-swapping mechanic on the scum team side, and a particular scum can swap with another player, such that actions targeting that townie would instead target the scum and vice versa. That would sort of be an effective "godfather" tactic. It might explain Morgrim's weird cop results if one of his targets had been swapped with a scum. It would also make my earlier question of "why would a scum redirect actions on a townie to themself?" make a little more sense.

I guess I think there's a reasonably small chance of an actual SK, but it's there.. maybe 10% or something like that. It's also possible that scum could just have been given an extra way of killing, like a one-off vig shot for scum, depending on how LL and faust felt about the game balance beforehand. Again, I think this is a low-likelihood option. Of course, if it came with a consequence, like having their vote removed for the next day, it might feel a little more nuanced :-P

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: October 03, 2018, 06:48:44 pm »

2) Upon seeing the crumb, which Space is very good at - I can't remember the most recent example exactly, but it was whatever game Awaclus won out as WW in. In hindsight of the game ending, it was a clear crumb, but no one caught it the whole time (for the purposes of that game, just being clear, Space did well and we sucked) - but that is also kind of my point for Skum!Space now. Space sees the crumb, they obviously had the "visit"t thing ready to go... is it really that far fetched to say they could articulate a plan as skum to follow this narrative. I mean damn, there doesn't even need to be a skum re-director for this to make sense, they could of just gotten lucky and an SK could of shot SS. Or even SK could of shot E! and skum shot SS with this as the set up plan the whole time.

I'm kind of baffled at this description, but then I know I have a pretty bad memory for some of this stuff. Are you really describing a game I played in?

As far as I can remember, I'm not at all good at spotting crumbs, and I think when I've tried to leave them for other people, they've tended to be missed, too.

As for this game, you're forgetting that it was EFHW and not me who was first to pick up on silver's breadcrumb. And all of your other theories rely on there being another killing role out there.. after we already know there's a flipped third-faction survivor, and at least two town roles revealed that can themselves cause their own death. This just seems like too much town dying for there to need to be another killing role out there, so I think mechanics that explain the deaths without needing there to be an SK are worth thinking about.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: October 03, 2018, 07:22:19 pm »

I'm very surprised that Space is so insistent on focusing on the claim order, instead of just doing it.  I'm also surprised that EFHW is suggesting that we do a massclaim and pushing it with little reason.

EFHW has been way too under the radar this game for her to be town. 
I feel this is a mischaracterization. Needing to get the game going again is a valid reason for a mass claim.

Your second point is kind of arbitrary and I haven't been that under the radar. I have 26 more posts than you, for example.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: October 03, 2018, 07:41:31 pm »

Anywhere in the order is fine with me. Space setting the order with nothing near to IC status is problematic, though.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: October 03, 2018, 07:45:08 pm »

If everyone is in agreement that the claim should happen, i can start it as i imagine i will be the top at anyone’s list. But an order should be chosen. And it should be chosen by the masons.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (D2)
« Reply #945 on: October 03, 2018, 10:27:44 pm »

One more should vote just to guard against vote shenanigans (someone not counting for some reason)

Fine
vote: WCD

well you missed your time to visit us, the deadline was a minute ago
This looks like a possible DatSwan bc

Point to space - this is efhw pointing out the crumb and it is the first one.
real good. That’s how

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 04, 2018, 11:09:09 am »

The more space talks the scummier he looks to me.

Hydrad and I are in the process of making a list, please stand by...

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 04, 2018, 11:47:55 am »

Space prefers to go by "they".

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 04, 2018, 11:56:30 am »

Absolutely! Thanks, EFHW :-)

If anyone really can't cope with they/them, then I'll accept she/her, but I refuse to be male-by-default.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 04, 2018, 12:10:29 pm »

Absolutely! Thanks, EFHW :-)

If anyone really can't cope with they/them, then I'll accept she/her, but I refuse to be male-by-default.

Gahhh I’m so sorry :( won’t happen again

Mad, I tell you.

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 20 queries.