Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47  All

Author Topic: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Game Over!)  (Read 142398 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (D2)
« Reply #675 on: September 26, 2018, 04:00:46 pm »

So yeah @Morgrim just clarify that you don't have a guilty result, and this apparent misunderstanding is solved.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 26, 2018, 04:05:46 pm »

I have to say their posts really do sound like they're hinting at a result.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 26, 2018, 04:08:00 pm »

ok so here is the slightly more interesting part.
I point blank asked Morgrim if they had results - they said “no”.
At which point either they are lying Town (Galz theory), lying skum (detective fake claim), or truthful town.

Galz - if you are theorizing that he is Town and withholding on purpose... why call him out? You have just dissolved his plan by pointing it out. You could of posted this days ago instead of “reasons”. Instead you sat and did nothing and waited until 12 hours before DL to post this case. I mean i am inclined to believe you are being truthful here - but this is exactly what i was talking about as using “reasons” as a skum tactic.

The best play  here is to hear from morgrim in some way - hoping they have time before dL
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 26, 2018, 05:25:35 pm »

ok so here is the slightly more interesting part.
I point blank asked Morgrim if they had results - they said “no”.
At which point either they are lying Town (Galz theory), lying skum (detective fake claim), or truthful town.

Galz - if you are theorizing that he is Town and withholding on purpose... why call him out? You have just dissolved his plan by pointing it out. You could of posted this days ago instead of “reasons”. Instead you sat and did nothing and waited until 12 hours before DL to post this case. I mean i am inclined to believe you are being truthful here - but this is exactly what i was talking about as using “reasons” as a skum tactic.

The best play  here is to hear from morgrim in some way - hoping they have time before dL

And in the meantime vote hydrad
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 26, 2018, 05:33:53 pm »

I have to say their posts really do sound like they're hinting at a result.

I get the same thing looking back. However, whatever result may have been had is likely not explicit, only suggestive, which I don't think is good enough for D2. Especially since silverspawn has been the primary contributor leading to end of day.

And we are still potentially looking at a no lynch given the activity levels
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 26, 2018, 05:35:03 pm »

I also find gkrieg highly suspicious after reading back through. Nothing solid, nothing to vote for..... yet

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 26, 2018, 05:52:25 pm »

vote: Hydrad

Is this vote just wagoning? Or you actually endorse my case?

And also...

Are you intentionally trying to state that you are town in an underhand not-so-obvious way? Because this post was totally scummy. But to some extent I think it was scummy in a townie sort of way. Like, does scum do this?

Largely wagonning, but he seems a good choice since he isn't on my list of town folk. I did it now because I'm also busier at work than I expected so I didn't want to be not-helpful as far as voting with the DL approaching. I don't think my wagon or the silver wagon are as appealing as the Hydrad one.

I'm not trying to be underhand or not obvious. Ash and then Morgrim's swapped vote has been on three people, I think, not just me, and mostly I was talking in this instance about silver.  Admittedly, my knowledge of what scum does is limited, but I was trying to say why I had a town sense on silver and was not voting for him. Any scumminess was inadvertent. I wasn't really trying to defend myself, rather thinking aloud about what Ash and now Morgrim's controlled vote might reveal.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (N1)
« Reply #682 on: September 26, 2018, 05:57:17 pm »

Vote count 2.7

silverspawn (2): gkrieg13, Galzria
WestCoastDidds (2): silverspawn, Hydrad
Galzria (2): SpaceAnemone, Morgrim7
Hydrad (3): 2.71828....., chairs, WestCoastDidds
Not voting (2): EFHW, DatSwan

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Thursday, 27th of September, at 4am. This is in 10 hours.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 26, 2018, 06:01:11 pm »

Ok so that pretty much clarified that someone is controlling Morgrims vote as there was no action morgrim took to have it randomized since the last VC
real good. That’s how

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 26, 2018, 06:09:50 pm »

Vote: Galz

Just to see what happens. Though I'm not townreading Morgrim just yet.

This is a bad vote that should be changed or justified

Here is where I gave my justification:

I've left my "test vote" on Galz because I think he's being lazy about giving a good justification.

I'll reread Hydrad and see whether I agree with sheeping that.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 26, 2018, 06:13:33 pm »

Vote: Galz

Just to see what happens. Though I'm not townreading Morgrim just yet.

This is a bad vote that should be changed or justified

Here is where I gave my justification:

I've left my "test vote" on Galz because I think he's being lazy about giving a good justification.

I'll reread Hydrad and see whether I agree with sheeping that.

Missed that, thanks

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 26, 2018, 06:28:52 pm »

I also find gkrieg highly suspicious after reading back through. Nothing solid, nothing to vote for..... yet

What does this even mean?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 26, 2018, 06:32:56 pm »

What does this even mean?

This means that if all goes well I might vote for you tomorrow. But we shouldn't try to lynch you today with like 10 hours to deadline

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 26, 2018, 06:38:46 pm »

Hydrad's D2 can certainly be read in a scummy-ish light. Like, he opens it trying to seem unworried about the possibility of two NKs, like he doesn't want to be the person accused of being mafia for bringing up the SK possibility too soon or something.

He said he didn't think he'd been scum since he came back, but I've verified that he really did sub into M115, where I started out being scum with TWM and Galz, and ended up with Hydrad and LL as partners because the other two subbed out. Hydrad lasted ten posts in the game before being lynched (Galz had left him in a really bad spot), so maybe there wasn't a lot of play from his point of view, but I feel like if that was his only taste of scum since coming back then he should remember it. However, if he's also scum in another place, it gets less memorable because he's trying not to think about being scum. Do other people's brains work that way?

I don't know.. it all feels quite tenuous, but I'll vote to get a lynch through. Note that it's coming on for midnight in my timezone, and the deadline for me is 9am. I'm someone who needs a solid 8 hours of sleep, so I'm aiming to get there by 00.30, so I can be awake before the deadline just in case, but also that means I have to leave here pretty soon now (and I have boring household stuff to do before I can sleep, too...).

Vote: hydrad

I'm still not interested in a silver lynch, and would probably be happier voting Morgrim, Galz or possibly even gkrieg, though the latter deserves a reread before I'm sure on that.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 26, 2018, 06:51:42 pm »

unvote

I'll wake up 2h before the deadline, which will be enough to make an informed decision.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 26, 2018, 07:22:09 pm »

I would vote Hydrad, but still think silver is a better choice.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 26, 2018, 07:36:31 pm »

I would vote Hydrad, but a no lynch is better than lynching my partner.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 26, 2018, 09:13:39 pm »

@e: Why did you say silver is 100% not mafia?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 26, 2018, 09:16:55 pm »

I see Galzria's logic about Morgrim seeming like he has a result, but we might not hear any result from him in time for this deadline. It could wait for Day 3. I'm around for a couple more hours. Will place a vote before I go.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 26, 2018, 09:25:14 pm »

Partner? Did I miss something?
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 26, 2018, 09:25:30 pm »

I disagree with WCD about townreading the people affected by the voting strangeness. There have been too many contradictions to read any particular agenda into the vote changes. My current theory, which I alluded to earlier, is that this is not a player but rather a part of the game, with random determination of targets.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 26, 2018, 09:26:37 pm »

Partner? Did I miss something?
He's translating gkrieg's post into a scum narrative.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 26, 2018, 09:29:34 pm »

Hmm. this isn't good.

I'm looking like I'm going to be lynched.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 26, 2018, 09:30:54 pm »

I don't scum read e for this case on me. I don't think I have really been that helpful as town so I can see why he would go to voting for me.

For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 26, 2018, 09:32:58 pm »

Hydrad's D2 can certainly be read in a scummy-ish light. Like, he opens it trying to seem unworried about the possibility of two NKs, like he doesn't want to be the person accused of being mafia for bringing up the SK possibility too soon or something.

He said he didn't think he'd been scum since he came back, but I've verified that he really did sub into M115, where I started out being scum with TWM and Galz, and ended up with Hydrad and LL as partners because the other two subbed out. Hydrad lasted ten posts in the game before being lynched (Galz had left him in a really bad spot), so maybe there wasn't a lot of play from his point of view, but I feel like if that was his only taste of scum since coming back then he should remember it. However, if he's also scum in another place, it gets less memorable because he's trying not to think about being scum. Do other people's brains work that way?

I don't know.. it all feels quite tenuous, but I'll vote to get a lynch through. Note that it's coming on for midnight in my timezone, and the deadline for me is 9am. I'm someone who needs a solid 8 hours of sleep, so I'm aiming to get there by 00.30, so I can be awake before the deadline just in case, but also that means I have to leave here pretty soon now (and I have boring household stuff to do before I can sleep, too...).

Vote: hydrad

I'm still not interested in a silver lynch, and would probably be happier voting Morgrim, Galz or possibly even gkrieg, though the latter deserves a reread before I'm sure on that.

I will say I actually forgot about that game I subbed in on.

I will say though the game that was ongoing when I made that post I was actually scum in but I felt like I couldn't say I'm scum in that game since it was still going on.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.