Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47  All

Author Topic: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Game Over!)  (Read 142853 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (D2)
« Reply #650 on: September 26, 2018, 09:01:26 am »

Yeah, instead of the reread last night I played a miserable 6 games of dominion and lost my dominion championship match.  Call it karma for not rereading.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: September 26, 2018, 09:04:10 am »

I like silverspawns work here, not voting him today.

Hidden votes/secret votes/vote manipulation is 100% scum power, any townie with such a power should have claimed first post D1.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 26, 2018, 09:20:02 am »

I think hydrad or chairs today.

Vote: hydrad

Vote count 1.8

Morgrim7 (1):, SpaceAnemone
WestCoastDidds (1): Hydrad
silverspawn (3): Awaclus, EFHW, gkrieg13
Galzria (1): DatSwan
chairs (4): Morgrim7, silverspawn, WestCoastDidds, iguanaiguana
Hydrad (3): Galzria, chairs, 2.71828.....
Not voting (1): ashersky

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends, Tuesday, 18th of September, at 7am. This is in 17 hours

Last second town lynches tend to move away from scum and onto town. silverspawn, chairs, and hydrad are the wagons before awaclus happened. silverspawn is the least scummy of these three. Hydrad is the best option.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 26, 2018, 10:44:53 am »

I really want to contribute here but this is my week where I get to spend time with the girlfriend :( I’ll try to find a little time tonight. In the meantime vote: hydrad

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 26, 2018, 11:52:57 am »

The vote discrepancy on Hydrad Day 1 foils my theory that a single different person (or random person) is targeted each day for voting weirdness.

Lalight: When Hydrad's vote for WCD at #259 was placed instead on iguana, was that a mistake?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (N1)
« Reply #655 on: September 26, 2018, 11:58:47 am »

Datswan unvote not counting is not part of the pattern.

DatSwan's unvote at #393 was overlooked. You precious mod does make mistakes apparently.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 26, 2018, 12:57:37 pm »

The vote discrepancy on Hydrad Day 1 foils my theory that a single different person (or random person) is targeted each day for voting weirdness.

Lalight: When Hydrad's vote for WCD at #259 was placed instead on iguana, was that a mistake?

Looking back at this, Hydrad's voet at #258 was malformed (no space), so it's not valid anyway. And he was already voting for Iguana from #140, so I think LL handled that correctly. That also explains why my script didn't pick anything up there as an error :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 26, 2018, 01:00:50 pm »

As for EFHW's theory, that's exactly what I was thinking, and it fits all the evidence I have. Ash was affected D1 but nobody noticed. Morgrim has been affected D1.

Note that datswan's unvote was a genuine mod mistake, and the alleged discrepancy around Hydrad is Swan missing that the vote wasn't valid, so neither of these things breaks the pattern.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: September 26, 2018, 01:03:25 pm »

As for EFHW's theory, that's exactly what I was thinking, and it fits all the evidence I have. Ash was affected D1 but nobody noticed. Morgrim has been affected D1.

Note that datswan's unvote was a genuine mod mistake, and the alleged discrepancy around Hydrad is Swan missing that the vote wasn't valid, so neither of these things breaks the pattern.

I meant D2 for Morgrim, obviously!

I'd also like to recorded that I don't take this as strong evidence of Morgrim's towniness even if we decide this is a scum power, because it's clearly a neat tactic scum might try. The way it's been used in D2 hasn't been subtle, almost like whoever's pulling the puppet strings wanted us to notice.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 26, 2018, 01:14:54 pm »

Just reread hydrad, there is not much there. I think his defense D1 that a wagon is forming on him which is bad since he is "obviously town" is weak and scummy. Also the delayed "wait a few hours before I go to bed and vote" is also scummy. Almost as if hydrad is completely comfortable with either chairs or Awaclus getting lynched since he knows both are town.

In this way, a hydrad lynch also helps (in my opinion) determine that chairs is town. I don't think it necessarily works the other way (lynch chairs and hydrad is/isn't scum based on flip).

TL;DR: lynch hydrad.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #660 on: September 26, 2018, 01:19:44 pm »

Also with vote manipulating we need a united town front. 11 alive, 6 to lynch.

1 vote we can't trust, 3 scum (+SK?). Which means we need (almost?) all remaining town to vote. Basically, scum love the inactivity and in no way want to influence the game to be more active. That being said, silverspawn is 100% NOT regular mafia. Likely is town, could potentially be a SK, but doubtful.

Also, focusing on the whole vote count thing doesn't count as "keeping the game active."

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 26, 2018, 01:25:45 pm »

Vote count 2.6

silverspawn (2): gkrieg13, Galzria
WestCoastDidds (3): silverspawn, Hydrad, Morgrim7
Galzria (1): SpaceAnemone
Hydrad (2): 2.71828....., chairs
Not voting (3): EFHW, WestCoastDidds, DatSwan

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Thursday, 27th of September, at 4am

It was not officially formed vote.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 26, 2018, 01:35:24 pm »

Hmm given that i also agree with EFHWs theory.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 26, 2018, 01:36:51 pm »

Hmm given that i also agree with EFHWs theory.

That's great. Who do you want to lynch?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 26, 2018, 01:45:09 pm »

Also, rereading I don't really get the WCD case. Can someone explain?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 26, 2018, 01:46:55 pm »

Mogrim's vote is on me now....so interesting how this is working. EFHW's theory makes sense (1 person being controlled) and also fits with flavor.

I appreciate the work and theorizing, so given that and the vote swapping, I'm feeling town on Silver (and probably anyone else the swapped vote is being put on), Morgim, and EFHW.

vote: Hydrad
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 26, 2018, 01:47:18 pm »

Have a conference in 15 minutes. That will run about an hour. It seems that I will unfortunately need to spell out exactly why the lynch should be Silver, so I will do so after that.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 26, 2018, 01:49:37 pm »

Vote: Galz

Just to see what happens. Though I'm not townreading Morgrim just yet.

This is a bad vote that should be changed or justified

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 26, 2018, 01:51:54 pm »

Also, rereading I don't really get the WCD case. Can someone explain?

Seems to me iguana that I wasn't contributing enough or enough of quality (probably true....see Swan's "fucking magicians" argument as to why) and Silver thought that I was the reason that Iguana had died since there was a kill if he followed the wrong person, or maybe that he didn't like that I thought there was an SK in the game and wondered about how we'd go about dealing with that.  Better players than I have attributed this to my newness, especially with the closed format (true) and I guess that it also has something to do with the way I joke or think aloud (also true) but maybe that seems shifty.  I fully admit to being in over my head, but that isn't scummy.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 26, 2018, 01:55:21 pm »

Mogrim's vote is on me now....so interesting how this is working. EFHW's theory makes sense (1 person being controlled) and also fits with flavor.

I appreciate the work and theorizing, so given that and the vote swapping, I'm feeling town on Silver (and probably anyone else the swapped vote is being put on), Morgim, and EFHW.

Are you intentionally trying to state that you are town in an underhand not-so-obvious way? Because this post was totally scummy. But to some extent I think it was scummy in a townie sort of way. Like, does scum do this?

Still like hydrad, could lynch WCD if we need numbers.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 26, 2018, 01:58:20 pm »

Is this vote just wagoning? Or you actually endorse my case?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (D1)
« Reply #671 on: September 26, 2018, 02:05:22 pm »

I disagree with the town read on Hydrad though, and do believe his vote on WCD for "newbiness" was opportunisticly scummy.

This is from D1, do you still think hydrad is scummy?

I look forward to your case on silverspawn, I don't know that you will convince me (today).

I do think galzria is town

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 26, 2018, 02:11:06 pm »

We have what, 14 hours left?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 26, 2018, 02:49:53 pm »

Gonna start by apologizing to Morgrim here for ruining (as I'm seeing it) his game plan:

I am Detective Zimmerfield.

The case on Silver stems from this. Morgrim claimed a "Detective" based character - but clearly didn't claim what his associated PR actually is. Tracker, Watcher, Cop, etc.

Now, let's look at his posts here D2:

I'm still alive, just exhausted. Don't have the energy to read everything and post something that makes sense tonight - you'll just have to wait until tomorrow. Although, I guess posting something random and nonsensical would be pretty morgrim-esque, huh?

vote: silver there that isn't too crazy

I don’t think there is a point in building a case against silver here because pretty much everyone thinks he’s scum. I was going to, but I’m on my phone and don’t feel like getting out of bed to grab my laptop. Just reread him, the case builds itself.

And I don’t think we can afford to not lynch scum today even if he is an SK who could potentially hit the mafia.

Based on flavor, I would be inclined to think that there is an SK in this game. Iguana seems like a pretty reasonable kill for the mafia, and there were a lot of people scum reading ashes so he’s a pretty good target for an SK (or a vig I guess).

Pretty sure WCD is town.

Also morgrim didn’t you claim det zimm?
Any results we could use to jumpstart this?
no

unvote, although I don’t think it will do anything.

I have absolutely no idea why my vote doesn’t count or why I’m voting for myself. I’m not controlling it, that much is clear. I’m not sure

Test vote: hydrad

unvote

unvote

I didn’t vote for silverspawn on a QT or anywhere. I have no idea what is going on.

I have a huge presentation that I need to prepare for work by Friday. I’ll still have access but that’s gonna he taking up most of my time, so don’t expect too much content from me.

I’ll build my case against silver though because apparently that actually needed to happen. I think I need to reevaluate a few things now that I know my vote isn’t actually my vote, though.

This is classic "Cop-Has-Results-But-Doesn't-Want-To-Divulge" tactics. He doesn't want scum to know what his PR is. He's going as far out of his way as possible NOT to divulge that information. He doesn't HAVE a great case on Silver and hasn't been able to put one together because he doesn't NEED to - he has results that incriminate Silver instead - be that a tracking result that saw Silver visit Ash/Igu, a Watching result that saw Silver stop by at night, or simply just a Cop result.

This is why I said "It's not my place" to expand on this, and why I didn't want to do so earlier. If Morgrim wanted to expand or say more, he could have. He obviously didn't want to. Note that MY vote for Silver here:

vote: Silver {Reasons}

Came 9 posts after Morgrim's first post voting for Silver. The fact that Morgrim has continued with "I don’t think there is a point in building a case against silver here" and "I’ll build my case against silver though because apparently that actually needed to happen." just made me believe that my read on {reasons} is accurate.

Morgrim, at this point, if I'm wrong - that's fine, say so. If I'm not, while I don't think you should divulge what your investigative power is, I think you should confirm if you have an incriminating result on Silver (sooner rather than later, as deadline is in 13 hours).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 26, 2018, 03:59:21 pm »

Oh that's the reason. Well in that case I apologize for calling you annoying, given that you actually had a legit reason for being purposefully vague.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 20 queries.