Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47  All

Author Topic: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Game Over!)  (Read 141391 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (D2)
« Reply #525 on: September 23, 2018, 04:28:52 pm »

Lalight, should Morgrim's self vote have been part of vc 2.2? Was there a mod error?

As far as I have been told, your mod is an awesome guy who haven’t made any mistakes in this game so far.

<3

I'm interested in all this voting weirdness! You're doing it just so I can't use my automagic counting scripts to keep up with the game, aren't you? :-P

Anyway, now I've initialised my counter to work with the game, can I confirm a couple of discrepancies I've found in D1?
    1. Ash voted iguana at #146, but this wasn't reflected in Vote Count 1.3 at #176 (or for any of the remaining D1 vote counts, since he never moved his vote after that).
    2. Datswan's unvote at #393 wasn't counted in Vote Count 1.9 at #417 (he's shown as still voting Galz).

It might be useful to know for later whether that was a manifestation of early voting weirdness of the type we're now seeing with Morgrim.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 23, 2018, 05:03:24 pm »

I also had a vote that wasn't counted. I assumed it was because I said Tigger instead of WCD. During RVS.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 23, 2018, 05:06:54 pm »

Why did you do ashersky? He's dead!

Trying to get a feel for -why- he's dead.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 23, 2018, 05:24:37 pm »

unvote, although I don’t think it will do anything.

I have absolutely no idea why my vote doesn’t count or why I’m voting for myself. I’m not controlling it, that much is clear. I’m not sure
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 23, 2018, 05:28:28 pm »

I also had a vote that wasn't counted. I assumed it was because I said Tigger instead of WCD. During RVS.

Yes, but that one was ignored by my script as not being a sensible nickname :-)

The script also reports ignored votes for "everyone" and "LaLight"... but the vote and unvote that were missed seemed to be correctly formed, and while Ash's vote at #146 was for "igu", I already had that on my list of commonly-accepted IguanaIguana aliases, so I'd be surprised if the vote didn't count for that reason. OTOH, it was at the end of a longer post, with text following on from the vote, and that's a common situation for a vote to be missed in a manual count.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: RMM50: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (N1)
« Reply #530 on: September 23, 2018, 05:49:12 pm »

Vote count 2.3

silverspawn (2): gkrieg13, Galzria
WestCoastDidds (1): silverspawn
Morgrim7 (2): chairs, SpaceAnemone
2.71828..... (1): EFHW
Not voting (5): DatSwan, Hydrad, 2.71828....., WestCoastDidds, Morgrim7

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 2 ends Thursday, 27th of September, at 4am

Lalight, should Morgrim's self vote have been part of vc 2.2? Was there a mod error?

As far as I have been told, your mod is an awesome guy who haven’t made any mistakes in this game so far.

<3

I'm interested in all this voting weirdness! You're doing it just so I can't use my automagic counting scripts to keep up with the game, aren't you? :-P

Anyway, now I've initialised my counter to work with the game, can I confirm a couple of discrepancies I've found in D1?
    1. Ash voted iguana at #146, but this wasn't reflected in Vote Count 1.3 at #176 (or for any of the remaining D1 vote counts, since he never moved his vote after that).
    2. Datswan's unvote at #393 wasn't counted in Vote Count 1.9 at #417 (he's shown as still voting Galz).

It might be useful to know for later whether that was a manifestation of early voting weirdness of the type we're now seeing with Morgrim.

I ASSUME you're asking me, because you reply to my post, but please, bold it next time. DatSwan's unvote at #393 was overlooked. You precious mod does make mistakes apparently.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 23, 2018, 05:56:14 pm »

I ASSUME you're asking me, because you reply to my post, but please, bold it next time. DatSwan's unvote at #393 was overlooked. You precious mod does make mistakes apparently.

Yes, sorry for forgetting the bold!

Are you confirming that Ash's vote at #146 was correctly-formed and deliberately didn't show up in the vote count?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 23, 2018, 05:57:25 pm »

Are you confirming that Ash's vote at #146 was correctly-formed and deliberately didn't show up in the vote count?

I am.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 23, 2018, 06:26:33 pm »

I am.

Thank you!

This is exciting! Kind of kicking myself for not having paid enough attention to get the counting script into play during D1, but I really was super-busy and then kind of burnt out.

The fact that Ash's power was mostly redacted may be relevant. OTOH, it may be something that was done to Ash and Morgrim, like someone who can target one player per night and have their vote do something weird the next day. If that's the case, and it was happening D1, I think it's more likely to be a scum power than a town one, because I think it's unusual to have townies with powers they can activate N0.

I wonder whether we should all be throwing some votes around to check whether it's just Morgrim, and also to see whether we can spot any other patterns in what's going on.

Vote: Galz

Just to see what happens. Though I'm not townreading Morgrim just yet.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 23, 2018, 06:34:57 pm »

I am.
My Tigger vote -- was not counted for being an unrecognized nickname?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 23, 2018, 06:35:33 pm »

previous message should be bold!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 23, 2018, 06:36:25 pm »

vote: space

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 23, 2018, 06:38:08 pm »

What did you conclude?

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 23, 2018, 06:45:53 pm »

What did you conclude?

I’m at a loss. His reads, such as they were, weren’t borne out by the flips we’ve seen so far. Best guess I have is that he maybe targeted datswan (who he strongly townread) and that led to his demise? I need to do a datswan read next.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 23, 2018, 06:59:21 pm »

This mystery voting mechanic is so interesting. And I think it has to be a scum power.

Morgrim, will you try voting for someone else so we can see what happens? It seems like when you unvote, that works.

And to see if i’m reistering correctly vote: DatSwan
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: September 23, 2018, 07:08:49 pm »

What did you conclude?

I’m at a loss. His reads, such as they were, weren’t borne out by the flips we’ve seen so far. Best guess I have is that he maybe targeted datswan (who he strongly townread) and that led to his demise? I need to do a datswan read next.

You know it was Iguana, not Ashersky, who was the person with the Weak Visitor component to their role, right?

While it's not impossible that Ash's role (or maybe the existence of a PGO-type role) would have also lead to his death through targeting someone, it seems a bit more unlikely, especially given that we know of another mechanism that was able to cause multiple deaths in a night, and several people hypothesise that Bart will also be present in the game and have some killing role.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 23, 2018, 07:10:24 pm »

I am.
My Tigger vote -- was not counted for being an unrecognized nickname?

Yes.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 23, 2018, 07:48:32 pm »

What did you conclude?

You know it was Iguana, not Ashersky, who was the person with the Weak Visitor component to their role, right?

While it's not impossible that Ash's role (or maybe the existence of a PGO-type role) would have also lead to his death through targeting someone, it seems a bit more unlikely, especially given that we know of another mechanism that was able to cause multiple deaths in a night, and several people hypothesise that Bart will also be present in the game and have some killing role.

I was hypothesizing based on the bodyguard component

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 23, 2018, 08:04:59 pm »

Which bodyguard component?

The way I read the flips, there is no bodyguard. Iguana had a role where he was protected if he was in girl form and hid behind a townie, but he died if he hid behind a scum.

As for Ash -- the person you did your re-read on looking for bodyguard clues(?) -- the details of his role were redacted, so there's nothing there to say anything about bodyguarding there either.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 23, 2018, 08:47:22 pm »

Which bodyguard component?

The way I read the flips, there is no bodyguard. Iguana had a role where he was protected if he was in girl form and hid behind a townie, but he died if he hid behind a scum.

As for Ash -- the person you did your re-read on looking for bodyguard clues(?) -- the details of his role were redacted, so there's nothing there to say anything about bodyguarding there either.

Go back and look at ash’s flip again. I’m waiting.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 23, 2018, 10:22:34 pm »

This mystery voting mechanic is so interesting. And I think it has to be a scum power.

Morgrim, will you try voting for someone else so we can see what happens? It seems like when you unvote, that works.

And to see if i’m reistering correctly vote: DatSwan

Reistering?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 23, 2018, 10:46:31 pm »

Are anyone else’s votes being controlled or not counted...

Earlier Space recommended we vote for someone to see, now that we know our votes may not be our own.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 23, 2018, 10:54:07 pm »

Test.
Vote: Galz
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 23, 2018, 11:20:59 pm »

Are anyone else’s votes being controlled or not counted...

Earlier Space recommended we vote for someone to see, now that we know our votes may not be our own.

We won't know until a VC
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 24, 2018, 02:40:28 am »

Hmm. well its nice that we have confirmed this stuff. but I don't know if we should keep spending the rest of the day on it as I'm guessing its a scum power and unless scum wants to claim it we won't really be able to figure out how it works.

Imma go back to Vote: WCD
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 47  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 20 queries.