Miscellaneous > Other Games

Mobile MOBAs

(1/2) > >>

Dsell:
I've been playing League of Legends casually for just under a year, and a few months back I discovered Arena of Valor, a mobile MOBA from the parent company behind League. I was surprised by how well they translated the MOBA experience into a quick but satisfying mobile format. After playing quite a bit of AoV, I discovered a new mobile MOBA, Onmyoji Arena, last month. It has a very cool and cohesive Japanese art style and the character design seems creative and smart. I'm extremely impressed and it has pretty much replaced AoV since finding it.

There are a few other big mobile MOBAs out there - Vainglory, Mobile Legends - but I haven't played any others. Anyone else play these games, especially Arena of Valor or Onmyoji Arena?

popsofctown:
Do you have a hella commute or something? 

Dsell:

--- Quote from: popsofctown on September 07, 2018, 03:35:49 am ---Do you have a hella commute or something?

--- End quote ---

Nah, and I drive so on my commute I listen to podcasts or audiobooks. Onmyoji Arena typically takes 10-20 minutes so I can play in situations when I wouldn't have time for league of legends, like in bed, on the couch while watching a show, or in the bathroom. :P

Overall if all else was equal I might choose Onmyoji over league even if I had the time, because I could play a couple games in the same amount of time and because the skill floor for certain roles is lower. Mainly - I'm pretty bad at last hitting in league, which mostly relegates me to playing support (which is fine, I like that role). But in OA, last hitting is still a thing but until you get to the really high ranks, it's possible to succeed and carry the team without last hitting every minion.

popsofctown:
I can't play action games in bed and still get sleepy.  If you can, then I get it, I can see how that's a niche.  Especially if grinding ranks feels "productive". I have to stick to turn based fare.

I don't have other short blocks of time that would fit a mobile Moba.  I try to give anything worth watching my full attention.

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is one of those things one can't learn unless one asks.

popsofctown:
So this is on the switch now.  After I beat Celeste I am thinking about playing it on Switch.

My main concern is, do I have to fight people playing Mobile while on the Switch, and do the people on Mobile have better controls than I do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version