Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Game over, Scum wins)  (Read 111686 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: September 10, 2018, 07:12:17 am »

Are you suggesting that scum!chairs puts someone at L-1 at the start of day 1, and then his scum partner comes along and hammers? scum!chairs would be livid, surely. I don't think even a newbie scum player would hammer in that situation.
I mean, what would scum!chairs have to say at the start of day 2? "No, I don't think that hammer was suspicious. And no you shouldn't suspect the L-1 guy either."

PPE: 2

I think scum hammering in that situation would be pretty stupid, but town hammering there would be possibly even worse, so I don't think you can discount either situation.

Ultimately I think your reasoning boils down to "Awaclus did something scummy and chairs voted for him, so let's lynch chairs." If someone is going to get lynched based on Awaclus' play I would rather it be Awaclus.

so you're voting for Uncleeurope then
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 10, 2018, 07:15:53 am »

Awaclus (1): DatSwan
Xxraptorslayer96 (2): Hydrad, Uncleeurope
WestCoastDidds (1): chairs
chairs (4): WestCoastDidds, Xxraptorslayer96, LaLight, infangthief
Uncleeurope (2): hypercube, Awaclus

So this is where we're at now
Actually I think you've missed a couple: chairs is back on Uncleeurope and DatSwan is now on Hydrad.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 10, 2018, 07:16:55 am »

Uncleeurope (3): hypercube, Awaclus, chairs
Hydrad (1): DatSwan

Fixed

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 10, 2018, 07:18:30 am »

so we have 2 major wagons. I don't think we should switch onto Raptor anyway, so people there should move their vote.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 10, 2018, 07:21:01 am »

Vote Count 1.10

Hydrad (1): DatSwan
Uncleeurope (3): hypercube, Awaclus, chairs

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep 10, 18:00 forum time. That is in 10h 39m.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 10, 2018, 07:42:59 am »

so we have 2 major wagons. I don't think we should switch onto Raptor anyway, so people there should move their vote.

Why not switch to Raptor? Not enough time?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 10, 2018, 07:46:31 am »

Are you suggesting that scum!chairs puts someone at L-1 at the start of day 1, and then his scum partner comes along and hammers? scum!chairs would be livid, surely. I don't think even a newbie scum player would hammer in that situation.
I mean, what would scum!chairs have to say at the start of day 2? "No, I don't think that hammer was suspicious. And no you shouldn't suspect the L-1 guy either."

PPE: 2

I think scum hammering in that situation would be pretty stupid, but town hammering there would be possibly even worse, so I don't think you can discount either situation.

Ultimately I think your reasoning boils down to "Awaclus did something scummy and chairs voted for him, so let's lynch chairs." If someone is going to get lynched based on Awaclus' play I would rather it be Awaclus.

so you're voting for Uncleeurope then

Certainly I would vote for Awaclus before chairs. Right now I think Uncleeurope is more likely to be scum than either.
I have sigs off.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 10, 2018, 07:53:36 am »

Why not switch to Raptor? Not enough time?

No. I may step on thin ice now, but i think Raptor requested replacement, so we should at least wait for someone else. This makes his inactivity NAI (not alignment indicative)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 10, 2018, 08:10:42 am »

Hyper, can you spin out the why on Ava, Eddie, Chairs a bit more?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 10, 2018, 08:29:46 am »

Woof. The tunneling is real from fang. If I知 lynched today I encourage you to consider a fang Lynch tomorrow because that feels a lot like scum really trying to back up their mislynch.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 10, 2018, 08:35:32 am »

Woof. The tunneling is real from fang. If I知 lynched today I encourage you to consider a fang Lynch tomorrow because that feels a lot like scum really trying to back up their mislynch.
Sure, they can consider it if they like. Only if you flip as town of course.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 10, 2018, 08:39:41 am »

Hyper, can you spin out the why on Ava, Eddie, Chairs a bit more?

OK, my scumread on Eddie is mostly based on him playing in an anxious manner; he's been very concerned with self-preservation even at points where he didn't have many votes on him. Since I pointed this out, he hasn't been posting as much, which could be that he doesn't think he's able to replicate his town tone and is hoping to fly under the radar, or that he's resigned to his lynch.

I think LL's explanation of Eddie's claim of not-Doctor as being newb scum eager to claim VT is plausible. It's also slightly interesting that he claimed to not be a doctor instead of claiming to be a VT -- those aren't exactly the same thing.

Regarding Awaclus, I think the doctoring plan was bad because there's no need to restrict the doctors' choices when the odds of them colliding is so low. I gave some scumpoints to Hydrad, Awa, and LL for vocally supporting it. LL's subsequent responses seemed towny to me, but I didn't like Awaclus', especially this:

There are more people pushing this idea than there are scum, therefore pushing the idea is not suspicious.

which I still think is fallacious. He later explained that he was supporting the plan in hopes that the doctors wouldn't follow it but scum would think that they were, which was a plausible enough explanation that I dialed back my read on him from "very scummy" to "somewhat scummy".

Regarding chairs I don't think he's done anything particularly scummy. I think that putting Awaclus at L-1 was fine since we can trust town to not hammer before Awa responds. I don't really buy infang's theory that Awaclus is such a strong player relative to the other vets that chairs has been seeking to get him out of the game since his first post. Overall I would say that chairs has been playing fairly boldly, which I'm willing to treat as a town indicator for today.

PPE 2
I have sigs off.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 10, 2018, 08:49:46 am »

just woke up. havn't even had time to read everyones posts. I'll be able to post on my breaks though and then have time after work before lynch.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 10, 2018, 08:50:08 am »

I'll reread Hydrad in a bit since I realized that I haven't really scrutinized him much.

PPE 1
I have sigs off.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 10, 2018, 08:51:14 am »

And no quick-lynching of course. The doctors may want some time to hear from people and work on their reads.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 10, 2018, 08:53:03 am »

And no quick-lynching of course. The doctors may want some time to hear from people and work on their reads.

This is a weird post. It's like you believe chairs actually is town and think about how to come out townie the next day...

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 10, 2018, 09:00:36 am »

This is a weird post. It's like you believe chairs actually is town and think about how to come out townie the next day...

Of course, I'm aware that chairs may turn out to be town. The strongest case I have on him is "his play so far makes total sense from a scum point of view." See #372.

But at the same time, this post was to remind people that chairs would have been happy with a quick lynch day 1, which would have given the doctors no chance to get good reads.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 10, 2018, 09:09:04 am »

My method of winning is to be average at the game. I usually end up being viewed as town so I don't get lynched. And I'm not the strongest players so scum usually don't night kill me. Which ends up in from my perspective being in a decent amount of 1v1s to win or lose the game.

This seems to have been written from scum!Hydrad's perspective, (i.e., that the goal of the game is to survive to the end). I'm curious about the opinion of the other vets: is the above an accurate statement or is Hydrad being self-deprecating?
I have sigs off.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 10, 2018, 09:11:06 am »

My method of winning is to be average at the game. I usually end up being viewed as town so I don't get lynched. And I'm not the strongest players so scum usually don't night kill me. Which ends up in from my perspective being in a decent amount of 1v1s to win or lose the game.

This seems to have been written from scum!Hydrad's perspective, (i.e., that the goal of the game is to survive to the end). I'm curious about the opinion of the other vets: is the above an accurate statement or is Hydrad being self-deprecating?

I didn't play with scum!Hydrad yet, but as town he lives till the end, so this might be true about being average

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 10, 2018, 09:13:51 am »

Of course, I'm aware that chairs may turn out to be town. The strongest case I have on him is "his play so far makes total sense from a scum point of view." See #372.

But at the same time, this post was to remind people that chairs would have been happy with a quick lynch day 1, which would have given the doctors no chance to get good reads.

Actually, here is the strongest version of my case (and the best summary):

In conclusion:
chairs says that an early day 1 Awaclus mis-lynch would have been nice.
Town!chairs has some pretty weak reasons for wanting an early day 1 Awaclus mis-lynch.
Scum!chairs has some pretty powerful reasons for wanting an early day 1 Awaclus mis-lynch.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 10, 2018, 09:14:12 am »

Actually, here is the strongest version of my case (and the best summary):

In conclusion:
chairs says that an early day 1 Awaclus mis-lynch would have been nice.
Town!chairs has some pretty weak reasons for wanting an early day 1 Awaclus mis-lynch.
Scum!chairs has some pretty powerful reasons for wanting an early day 1 Awaclus mis-lynch.

I've seen your case

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 10, 2018, 09:15:21 am »

Are you suggesting doctor reads are better than a nigh guaranteed lunch on scum D2?

If we weren稚 so close to deadline I壇 just drop my vote on you and leave it there.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 10, 2018, 09:18:19 am »

as much as I hate to vote for an active newbie, I think he actually slipped there. Let's try vote: fang and see how this will work out. We still have quite a lot of time till deadline

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 10, 2018, 09:22:59 am »

Are you suggesting doctor reads are better than a nigh guaranteed lunch on scum D2?

Why wouldn't you want to go for both?
And of course (if it were a choice) I would suggest that doctors protecting people at night is more valuable than lynching me, because I'm town.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 10, 2018, 09:27:50 am »

as much as I hate to vote for an active newbie, I think he actually slipped there. Let's try vote: fang and see how this will work out. We still have quite a lot of time till deadline
Slipped?
I mean, I guess you're not going to tell me how. But you've got me intrigued.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.