Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Game over, Scum wins)  (Read 111460 times)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2018, 09:33:43 am »

I can't say that I have much of a read on Awaclus at all. Mostly because of the non-response to L-1. It seems like some of the folks are relying on his playstyle, which he says is super laid back. So, it makes it even harder to get a read.

Thinking over plans and asking about them in a game with newcomers isn't scummy, its learning. When we played last, there was a lot more overt teaching from some of the vets. That is not happening here (which is fine) but our relative newness does mean that posts like Swan's and Hydrad's are super helpful for thinking about how a particular plan may actually play out. So I am reading all that as neutral.

My townie thoughts right now are Eddie, Fang, LL, and Hydrad.

Who is scummy in your book?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2018, 09:39:18 am »

Interestingly Awaclus did not make a single post during the time he was at L-1.

Not very interestingly. I went to sleep before chairs voted me and didn't wake up until after Uncleeurope unvoted.

I meant 'interestingly' in two senses.
1. Interesting that you made no response. You have given a (credible) explanation for that.
2. Interesting that hypercube thought that chairs' L-1 vote "led to someone having to defend themself for the first time this game".

I assume that's just hypercube not noticing the order of events. But interesting that he should use it as justification of chairs' vote like that nonetheless.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2018, 09:56:00 am »

Interestingly Awaclus did not make a single post during the time he was at L-1.

Not very interestingly. I went to sleep before chairs voted me and didn't wake up until after Uncleeurope unvoted.

I meant 'interestingly' in two senses.
1. Interesting that you made no response. You have given a (credible) explanation for that.
2. Interesting that hypercube thought that chairs' L-1 vote "led to someone having to defend themself for the first time this game".

I assume that's just hypercube not noticing the order of events. But interesting that he should use it as justification of chairs' vote like that nonetheless.

You are correct that I had the order of events backwards in my recollection. I still think it was a good idea to put Awaclus under pressure, so perhaps some of the people who are disappointed by his lack of response could consider voting for him. He is currently at L-3 by my count.
I have sigs off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #203 on: September 06, 2018, 09:57:11 am »

Honestly it's not going to put very much pressure on me if I know you're just doing it to get a reaction out of me, not because you really intend to lynch me.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 06, 2018, 09:59:21 am »

Honestly it's not going to put very much pressure on me if I know you're just doing it to get a reaction out of me, not because you really intend to lynch me.

To be clear I would be completely fine with lynching you.
I have sigs off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #205 on: September 06, 2018, 10:24:06 am »

I wouldn't.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 06, 2018, 11:15:40 am »

on break so just a quick post about day1 reads. Especially if mcmc is reading this because I kinda share the opinion of him now. Awaclus probably likes this also? Anyways.

On day 1 I don't know if we should so openly give full read lists. As I think it doesn't help town that much but still can give scum info on who they might wanna nightkill or who they can push to lynch. On day2 and beyond I'm fine with read lists but I now believe they help scum more then town day 1
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 06, 2018, 11:33:36 am »

Sorry for the lurking, first week back to classes.

I don’t like the doctor plan. I think they would be better off choosing at random.

I really don’t like the wagon on Awaclus, I’m assuming there is at least one scum there. Meaning I have the choice between; Uncleeurope, Hydrad, hypercube, DatSwan, chairs.

Uncleeurope unvotes shortly after so I’m removing from the list.

Vote: Chairs

Last one on a quick wagon.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 06, 2018, 11:34:16 am »

What makes you want to lynch him so bad?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #209 on: September 06, 2018, 11:52:59 am »

on break so just a quick post about day1 reads. Especially if mcmc is reading this because I kinda share the opinion of him now. Awaclus probably likes this also? Anyways.

On day 1 I don't know if we should so openly give full read lists. As I think it doesn't help town that much but still can give scum info on who they might wanna nightkill or who they can push to lynch. On day2 and beyond I'm fine with read lists but I now believe they help scum more then town day 1

Even D2 and beyond, I think it's important to at least fabricate some of the crucial reads in your read list. Scum knowing your reads matters the most near the end game, when they're trying to decide who to keep alive for LyLo.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 06, 2018, 01:01:10 pm »

Even D2 and beyond, I think it's important to at least fabricate some of the crucial reads in your read list. Scum knowing your reads matters the most near the end game, when they're trying to decide who to keep alive for LyLo.

Old me would not believe that I would kinda agree with you here. But I'm starting to think your style is better then I first thought.

Vote: raptor
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 06, 2018, 03:10:42 pm »

Also, I wouldn’t need a coach at all if I was scum because I’d have a partner. In fact, that might be a reason to squint at the newbs who eschewed the opportunity.

WestCoast, are you saying that you would have chosen 'no coach' if you had been scum?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 06, 2018, 03:56:56 pm »

actually up to 4 places down from themselves. Say, doctors are 1 and 6, then 1 can heal 2,3,4,5 and 6 can heal 7,8,9,10. In no way doctors will choose each other

I like this plan.

Awaclus, how does this plan fit with your playstyle of denying scum as much information as possible?

It doesn't really give scum any information because doctors aren't obliged to follow it.

I've been wondering what to make of this reply...
I'm going to go with: really, in a newbie game, how likely did you think it was that doctors were going to disregard a plan that several veterans said was good? I would guess even most veterans would be unlikely to disregard it. Vote: Awaclus

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 06, 2018, 03:57:43 pm »

Er, L-2 I think, unless I've miscounted.

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 06, 2018, 03:58:38 pm »

I miscounted. Hydrad had moved his vote off. L-3 then.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 06, 2018, 03:59:22 pm »

Also, I wouldn’t need a coach at all if I was scum because I’d have a partner. In fact, that might be a reason to squint at the newbs who eschewed the opportunity.

WestCoast, are you saying that you would have chosen 'no coach' if you had been scum?

Correct. I don’t know what the point of a coach would be if I had a partner QT to ask questions or strategize. The whole point of me having a coach is not to big down the game with my questions that are basic for Mafia players.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 06, 2018, 04:00:40 pm »

actually up to 4 places down from themselves. Say, doctors are 1 and 6, then 1 can heal 2,3,4,5 and 6 can heal 7,8,9,10. In no way doctors will choose each other

I like this plan.

Awaclus, how does this plan fit with your playstyle of denying scum as much information as possible?

It doesn't really give scum any information because doctors aren't obliged to follow it.

I'm going to go with: really, in a newbie game, how likely did you think it was that doctors were going to disregard a plan that several veterans said was good? I would guess even most veterans would be unlikely to disregard it. Vote: Awaclus

That is a fair point. But I'll also give you a small meta thing for my perspective. If there was one player on this forum that I would list as least likely to follow a plan. It would be awaclus.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 06, 2018, 04:05:17 pm »

Vote Count 1.4

Awaclus (3): hypercube, DatSwan, infangthief
Xxraptorslayer96 (3): Awaclus, Uncleeurope, Hydrad
chairs (2): WestCoastDidds, Xxraptorslayer96
Uncleeurope (2): LaLight, chairs

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep 10, 18:00 forum time. That is in 4 days and 1+ hours.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 06, 2018, 04:06:37 pm »

Does scum team have a daychat?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2018, 04:07:50 pm »

Mafia does not have daychat.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 06, 2018, 04:08:54 pm »

Correct. I don’t know what the point of a coach would be if I had a partner QT to ask questions or strategize. The whole point of me having a coach is not to big down the game with my questions that are basic for Mafia players.

This post pings me as a potential scumslip... Can anyone see that?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #221 on: September 06, 2018, 04:18:26 pm »

The plan itself included the notion that doctors could choose to target the towniest person regardless of position.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 06, 2018, 04:22:40 pm »

Ah, I thought they had day chat. This is the level of my knowledge.... :/

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 06, 2018, 04:27:13 pm »

When I read the scum QT from my first game, Mcmc was doing lots of coaching kind of talk with  his scum partner. I thought that’s must have been helpful for the newb and kind of an advantage, so asked for a coach in this game.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 06, 2018, 04:35:51 pm »

Ah, I thought they had day chat. This is the level of my knowledge.... :/

This is not really what I meant...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 20 queries.