Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Game over, Scum wins)  (Read 111471 times)

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2018, 05:47:44 pm »

but this actually saves us from the case when 2 doctors heal each other which is, well, unlikely. One can still heal the other and we'll have effectively 1 heal that night in this case. Better than 0, but still... I think healing whoever seems townier is a better choice

you have to remember the a doctor can still heal another doctor. its just both doctors can't heal each other.

So we don't even lose a heal in that scenario. The only way we lose a heal is if doctors both heal the same target if we do the 1-4 way.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2018, 07:04:47 pm »

I do not like this plan. The primary reason is because the only potential downside of having everything be random is both doctor's proc each other and one of them is the NK target. Kind of slim chances. Def slim enough to not make a plan if that plan has any downside.

Assuming we do not lynch a cop or skum today - the pool of players to choose from a Doctor's PoV will on be a total of 9. Doctors take up 2 of those 9 slots, leaving 7 left. So either, the Doctor(s) that have the dead player in their pool remove that player from the rotation list, or they include them as usual knowing that they won't target them. Either way, all skum has to do is create an 4 players in a row that include the lynched player and 3 targets that are not skum - which is almost always going to be possible.

Here is an example of any given cop pool. The selection of NK/Cop targets by Skum is arbitrary:
Player1 -
Player2 -  Copped N1
Player3 - Lynched Day 1
Player4 - N1 NK Target

It does not matter where this pool is aside for the fact that skum would need to create it out of 4 players that does not include skum (to ensure a doc getting the shot off correctly on the NK does not mess with their results).

From here, it could go down a few ways:
a) NK target dies, Cop result is a VT - Skum now has learned Doctor is either Player 1 or Player 10. Bad for us.
b) NK target lives, Cop result is a VT - Skum now has learned a Doctor must exist within Player 1 or Player 10. They don't get the kill, but still worse then random.
c) NK target dies, Cop result is a Doctor - Skum gets a kill and knows who one of the Doctors are. Worse case scenario for us.
d) NK target lives, Cop result is a Doctor - Skum doesn't get a kill, but finds the Doctor. Worse than random.

There are like a bazillion different variations of how this could go down with the actual sign up list, but the concept remains the same. Also, to that point, I would like to point out that skum could try to direct the lynch today if this plan is accept to ensure the best pool of candidates to choose from.

Then on top of all of this, something I am not even getting into, is the potential downside town has on itself from the WIFOM the next day.

Don't like this plan. LL is an experienced player - skum points up the wahoo for pushing this.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2018, 07:07:07 pm »

also skummy from Hydrad - who is also an experienced player.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2018, 07:07:32 pm »

OK I am reading back and adding as I go - add Awaclus onto the list too.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2018, 07:08:10 pm »

Vote:Awaclus
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2018, 07:08:28 pm »

corrected format

Vote: Awaclus
real good. That’s how

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2018, 07:13:20 pm »

At this point the odds of both doctors targeting each other is basically negligible (1/81 if they select targets randomly). I agree with Swan that the people pushing this idea are suspicious.
I have sigs off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2018, 07:17:30 pm »

There are more people pushing this idea than there are scum, therefore pushing the idea is not suspicious.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2018, 07:20:56 pm »

There are more people pushing this idea than there are scum, therefore pushing the idea is not suspicious.

This makes no sense. Town is capable of having scummy ideas, but they are still more likely to come from or be supported by scum.
I have sigs off.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2018, 07:26:17 pm »

This makes no sense. Town is capable of having scummy ideas, but they are still more likely to come from or be supported by scum.

Yes it does. A lot of the time, scum doesn't want to draw attention to themselves by supporting an idea that is obviously scummy. Therefore, either the idea is not obviously scummy, or the people pushing it are probably not scum.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2018, 07:32:20 pm »

Yes it does. A lot of the time, scum doesn't want to draw attention to themselves by supporting an idea that is obviously scummy. Therefore, either the idea is not obviously scummy, or the people pushing it are probably not scum.

The idea can be scummy in the sense that it benefits scum without that being obviously the case, as it seems to have happened here.
I have sigs off.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2018, 07:43:04 pm »

these are two separate points.
Just because there are more skum then players pushing the idea does not mean that the players pushing it are not skum.

Also, given the newbie set up of the game... this is exactly the place where a plan would be suggested such as this in hopes it goes overlooked.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2018, 07:43:32 pm »

all in all I care far less about the skumminess then about the fact that it should be random selection.
real good. That’s how

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2018, 08:03:09 pm »

I'm fine with random if thats how we want it. But I would like to point out your theory has some flaws about how it can work.

I'll just make a super basic setup.

1. doc
2. doc
3. vt
4. vt
5. vt
6. vt
7. vt
8. vt
9. scum
10. scum

so in this scum could pick numbers 5-8. lynch 7. cop 6 and kill 8.

a) NK target dies, Cop result is a VT - Skum now has learned Doctor is either Player 1 or Player 10. Bad for us.
b) NK target lives, Cop result is a VT - Skum now has learned a Doctor must exist within Player 1 or Player 10. They don't get the kill, but still worse then random.
c) NK target dies, Cop result is a Doctor - Skum gets a kill and knows who one of the Doctors are. Worse case scenario for us.
d) NK target lives, Cop result is a Doctor - Skum doesn't get a kill, but finds the Doctor. Worse than random.

so here if we get the a) result. scum hasn't really learned anything about where the docs are at all.
I will agree b) could be bad still
c) this can happen in all random also, doing this number setup doesn't change it at all I believe.
d) this also can happen in all random I would say the same amount of time.

I'd also say when a person dies from lynching I wouldn't count them in the numbers personally anymore but if we don't think this plan is good we don't have to go through with it so I don't even have to discuss this part really.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2018, 08:51:47 pm »

I'm fine with random if thats how we want it. But I would like to point out your theory has some flaws about how it can work.

I'll just make a super basic setup.

1. doc
2. doc
3. vt
4. vt
5. vt
6. vt
7. vt
8. vt
9. scum
10. scum

so in this scum could pick numbers 5-8. lynch 7. cop 6 and kill 8.

so here if we get the a) result. scum hasn't really learned anything about where the docs are at all.
I will agree b) could be bad still
c) this can happen in all random also, doing this number setup doesn't change it at all I believe.
d) this also can happen in all random I would say the same amount of time.

I'd also say when a person dies from lynching I wouldn't count them in the numbers personally anymore but if we don't think this plan is good we don't have to go through with it so I don't even have to discuss this part really.

my point wasn't to say that it was 100% skum can gain the upperhand, just that there are ways in which skum could gain the upper hand. with that being the case, I do not like the idea of the plan vs random. In random, they may be able to achieve RESULTS that are the same, but if they do they get them randomly, not because we allow them a chance at gaining results systematically.
real good. That’s how

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2018, 10:30:11 pm »

(begin Reddit reference) Look that's all well and good but let's get back to focusing on the movie (end Reddit reference).

Plan is bad.

If Doctors are 1 and 2, and they both choose from "up to 4 below", 1 picks 3, 2 picks 3, both valid choices for them, prevents either from working. Doctors should pick from the entire pool.

vote: Awaclus and I'm p. sure that's L-1.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2018, 01:42:13 am »

(begin Reddit reference) Look that's all well and good but let's get back to focusing on the movie (end Reddit reference).

Plan is bad.

If Doctors are 1 and 2, and they both choose from "up to 4 below", 1 picks 3, 2 picks 3, both valid choices for them, prevents either from working. Doctors should pick from the entire pool.

vote: Awaclus and I'm p. sure that's L-1.

They don’t prevent each other from working if they have the same target
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2018, 01:45:00 am »

Oh, i was just glad there was a plan. I am a really bad setup speculator and usually i leave it to smarter people, thanks Swan

I don’t agree this plan makes half the game scum

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 06, 2018, 01:46:18 am »

If anything, vote: chairs

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2018, 01:51:18 am »

I'm alarmed at how quickly we've reached L-1. Especially as the first two votes on the Awaclus wagon were pretty random.

Hydrad and UncleEurope, please could you either give a reason for keeping your vote on Awaclus, or else unvote?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2018, 03:07:09 am »

actually up to 4 places down from themselves. Say, doctors are 1 and 6, then 1 can heal 2,3,4,5 and 6 can heal 7,8,9,10. In no way doctors will choose each other

I like this plan.

Awaclus, how does this plan fit with your playstyle of denying scum as much information as possible?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 06, 2018, 03:13:39 am »

Hydrad: Voted for Awaclus, clearly Town because voting for Awaclus is always Town.

Chairs, please could you expand on this? Meta reasoning, or wagon incitement?

infangthief

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 06, 2018, 03:42:25 am »

And while I'm here asking questions of particular people, here's another one:

10/10 would lie as town again.

Uncleeurope (may I call you Eddie?) could you give us a percentage chance of how likely you are to lie as town in this particular game?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 06, 2018, 04:44:14 am »

actually up to 4 places down from themselves. Say, doctors are 1 and 6, then 1 can heal 2,3,4,5 and 6 can heal 7,8,9,10. In no way doctors will choose each other

I like this plan.

Awaclus, how does this plan fit with your playstyle of denying scum as much information as possible?

Good catch!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2018, 04:44:57 am »

Hydrad: Voted for Awaclus, clearly Town because voting for Awaclus is always Town.

Chairs, please could you expand on this? Meta reasoning, or wagon incitement?

It is a meta reasoning. There is a history of Town people voting for Awaclus all the time because of his playstyle

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.