Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Game over, Scum wins)  (Read 110646 times)

infangthief

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: infangthief
  • Respect: +10000 (I wish)
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 13: Adventure Time Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2018, 09:47:02 am »

Anyone else happy to share a bit of background? - how long have you been playing, how well do you know the other players, anything really. How townie are you on a scale of 1 to town?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2018, 09:59:27 am »

I started playing in fall 2014, I know the other veterans reasonably well, and on a scale of 1 to town, I'm town. What's noteworthy about my playstyle is that I want to deny scum as much information as possible because I think it makes it more difficult for them to make good plays, which means that town also gets less information out of me than most other players.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2018, 10:17:26 am »

My first game was on July 2016. I knowother veterans well, except maybe Hydrad, cause we played like 1-2 games together, he came back not a long ago. My playstyle is I am impossible to mislynch, I am fun, I am usually very active and my reads are usually wrong. I am town in this game which is actually awesome, because I always have no idea what to do as scum and become obvious at some point (I had a lot of correct lynches of myself)
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2018, 11:46:19 am »

My first game was dice mafia if I remember correctly. I don't remember the date that was but I think it was around 2014. I took a break for a couple years and recently came back so I'm familiar with most vets.

My town scale is obviously very town. Chairs basically has me as an IC so we are doing well so far.

My meta is generally kinda lurky or at least I'm not one of the top posters usually. But I'm working to get better at that.

My method of winning is to be average at the game. I usually end up being viewed as town so I don't get lynched. And I'm not the strongest players so scum usually don't night kill me. Which ends up in from my perspective being in a decent amount of 1v1s to win or lose the game.

So basically we have already won since I'm here.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2018, 11:48:30 am »

Although looking at the people here I now realize how few I really know. Like chairs and awaclus are the people I think I've most played with. Then lalight and then I have barely played with any of you. Looking forward to getting to know you
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Xxraptorslayer96

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Xxraptorslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2018, 12:08:13 pm »

Wow that got rolling pretty quickly.

Hi all I’m Raptor,  I’ve been playing for like a year?  I have played like 3/4 games.  I’m tend to be on the lower end of posters. I come off as semi townie, points knocked off just because I’m not always crazy involved.

Swan and I are also close friends/ coworkers irl. He’s probably scum.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2018, 12:26:31 pm »

My first game on here happened just recently, so that makes me a newbie, I do play a lot of these games separated from this forum, (or any forum for that matter, most of my gameplay is IRL) so I consider myself only slightly bad. Still getting used to the forum aspect of things.

I know nobody (don’t even play dominion much, a friend pulled me into this mess).

Town me has a problem in that he is always trying some weird strategy just to see if it works for future games, this leads to fun little adventures where I privately tell someone I am a (insert whatever term is used here to describe a scum who doesn’t know who the scum players are), that I think he is scum, and that we are buddies just to see his reaction. Turns out what they do is want to kill you for being bad, who knew.

That being said, I town-read him hard and trusted him from that point on, he just wanted me dead. But I got the desired result, AND we won, so I see no reason to discontinue that strategy.

10/10 would lie as town again.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2018, 12:35:48 pm »

Everyone seems so nice....it’s hard to wrap my mind around the fact that two of you are plotting to kill us! Gads!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2018, 12:39:12 pm »

Everyone seems so nice....it’s hard to wrap my mind around the fact that two of you are plotting to kill us! Gads!

woah I had no idea there is a word "gad" in english. In Russian it means "a very bad guy" as well. This is awesome.

Also I'm russian for those of you who doesn't know or who cares. My english is good but sometimes I struggle with exact thoughts to express.

Also there is 10 players, I was sure it's 9. This means Awaclus is only on L-3

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2018, 01:26:52 pm »

woah I had no idea there is a word "gad" in english. In Russian it means "a very bad guy" as well. This is awesome.

In all fairness, I am not sure "gads" is actually a word.  But I use it the same way I use "Yikes!" In its verb form it means to flit about in a carefree way.  And yes, I am totally a word nerd here for all of your vocabulary needs. :)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2018, 01:35:21 pm »

Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2018, 01:39:33 pm »

I've played some IRL mafia but only one previous game of forum mafia. I lurked here for a while before I started to play so I know some of the metas and suchlike.

I'm town, can't get townier than that.
I have sigs off.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2018, 02:47:34 pm »

It's a lot of different words. It's also a psychological condition.

Sweet! It is a real word! And I even mean it in the "goodness gracious" interjection kind of way.

Chats about the meanings of words are the epitome of town...everyone knows this

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2018, 03:29:59 pm »

So, Eddie's nod to doctoring suggests that we might want to think some about how the Docs work since if they seek to protect one another, they nullify their power, right? Without actually outing the Docs, obvi.

Or is it too soon to think about that? (Full disclosure: I work from home on Wednesdays so I have more time today than I will later in the week and as a result, I'm thinking more now than I will have time to think later. Which means it's totally okay to tell me to slow my roll.)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2018, 03:56:38 pm »

Vote Count 1.2

Awaclus (3): Uncleeurope, Hydrad, hypercube
DatSwan (1): infangthief
Xxraptorslayer96 (1): Awaclus
chairs (2): DatSwan, WestCoastDidds
Uncleeurope (1): LaLight
LaLight (1): chairs

Not Voting (1): Xxraptorslayer96

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Day 1 ends at Sep 10, 18:00 forum time. That is in 5 days and 2+ hours.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2018, 04:45:54 pm »

So, Eddie's nod to doctoring suggests that we might want to think some about how the Docs work since if they seek to protect one another, they nullify their power, right? Without actually outing the Docs, obvi.

Or is it too soon to think about that? (Full disclosure: I work from home on Wednesdays so I have more time today than I will later in the week and as a result, I'm thinking more now than I will have time to think later. Which means it's totally okay to tell me to slow my roll.)

I would say it's to early to think about that right now. As in doing that both docs would have to claim. The real reason I imagine that rule is there is so that both docs can't just claim and be invincible making it basically impossible for scum to win once that happens.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2018, 04:50:45 pm »

hmm. Actually I can think of a way to make sure they don't target each other. We could do something like doctor chooses to heal someone either 1/2 or 3 spots below them on the signup list. The doctor gets to choose what number to use so that way if scum kill gets blocked they don't know what one was the doctor. But it also means that doctors won't be able to both target each other.

I actually kinda like that idea now that I'm thinking about it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2018, 05:00:42 pm »

actually up to 4 places down from themselves. Say, doctors are 1 and 6, then 1 can heal 2,3,4,5 and 6 can heal 7,8,9,10. In no way doctors will choose each other

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2018, 05:02:03 pm »

but this actually saves us from the case when 2 doctors heal each other which is, well, unlikely. One can still heal the other and we'll have effectively 1 heal that night in this case. Better than 0, but still... I think healing whoever seems townier is a better choice

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2018, 05:03:02 pm »

but! If there are a lot of people seeming town, say, 2, then Doctor must prioritize the ones who are below him not more than for 4 positions. This makes sense this way

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2018, 05:03:14 pm »

sorry, I'm thinking while writing

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2018, 05:03:24 pm »

actually up to 4 places down from themselves. Say, doctors are 1 and 6, then 1 can heal 2,3,4,5 and 6 can heal 7,8,9,10. In no way doctors will choose each other

I like this plan.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2018, 05:03:51 pm »

I was thinking about the setup today and I saw no pluses in discussing it. Smart points to Hydrad

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2018, 05:07:00 pm »

I like this plan.

This plan has a downside in what if doctors are 1 and 2, but this is a town wifom. I still like "choose a person you think is town, and if there is more than 1, choose the one in up to 4 places below you"

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2018, 05:47:40 pm »

I like this plan.

This plan has a downside in what if doctors are 1 and 2, but this is a town wifom. I still like "choose a person you think is town, and if there is more than 1, choose the one in up to 4 places below you"

It’s a good plan. Towniest person no more than 4 spots below you in the sign up order. Thanks LL/Hydrad for being brainy!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 20 queries.