Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Bug report: Hamlet  (Read 1462 times)

Görling

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
Bug report: Hamlet
« on: August 24, 2018, 10:49:50 am »

I have this weird bug. For some reason when I play Hamlet I only get two choices -Discard for action or Discard for buy. There used to be a button for Both but it's not showing up.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Bug report: Hamlet
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 10:53:59 am »

You discard for action first and then you can also discard for buy.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 12:01:35 pm »

Both of the interfaces mentioned seem wrong to me. Surely it should be "discard for action yes/no", and then after that, (and after discarding if you chose yes), "discard for buy yes/no".

With the current interfaces, it's not at all obvious to me whether choosing "discard for buy" automatically means that I have chosen to not discard for action.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 12:11:06 pm »

Both of the interfaces mentioned seem wrong to me. Surely it should be "discard for action yes/no", and then after that, (and after discarding if you chose yes), "discard for buy yes/no".

That would suck to actually play. Having to click one button every time you play a Hamlet and don't want to discard anything is bad enough.

With the current interfaces, it's not at all obvious to me whether choosing "discard for buy" automatically means that I have chosen to not discard for action.

Well, it should be obvious, given that you can't do the things in the wrong order according to the rules of Dominion.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 12:53:11 pm »

Yeah I believe this got changed to account for narrow cases where you want to, say, discard a Tunnel for +Action, gaining Gold and reacting to the Gold gain with Watchtower, then discarding the Watchtower for +Buy. According to the Hamlet card text, you have to decide if you want to discard for +Action, and only after that do you decide if you want to discard for +Buy. I don't know if any situations in the game currently make the order of getting actions and buys matter.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 04:30:48 pm »
+4

I just wish the second button said “discard ONLY for buy” to make it more clear that clicking that means you can’t discard for Action anymore (and implicitly, that discard for action lets you pick discard for buy afterward)
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.246 seconds with 21 queries.