Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Well, this board is dead BUT has anyone played with the new Artifacts expansion?  (Read 6952 times)

silvern

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +170
    • View Profile

Title says it all

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile

New expansion? Well I'm definitely behind on the loop. I haven't been following what happened to Cities either.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile

tried to get a game on isotropic just now but nobody there

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
+6

Innovation is a Project, not an Artifact  :P

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile

Is it good?

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile

I bought the deluxe version, so I have played with Artifacts; it's good! I like it a lot more than Cities, which adds too many easy special achievements for my taste. Artifacts has some of the most crazy Innovation cards yet, and the way to get them (melding an older Age over a newer one) requires an interesting tradeoff.

The deluxe version also has nerfed some of the base cards like Industrialization and Calendar, which is nice.
I have sigs off.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile

I liked Artifacts though I've only played with it the once.  I also grabbed the deluxe edition on KS.  It looks great but convincing people to play with multiple expansions is tough.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

I bought the deluxe version, so I have played with Artifacts; it's good! I like it a lot more than Cities, which adds too many easy special achievements for my taste. Artifacts has some of the most crazy Innovation cards yet, and the way to get them (melding an older Age over a newer one) requires an interesting tradeoff.

The deluxe version also has nerfed some of the base cards like Industrialization and Calendar, which is nice.

I didn't see any changes to Calendar specifically.

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile

Sorry, I confused it with Fermenting.
I have sigs off.

markusin

• Cartographer
    • View Profile

Sorry, I confused it with Fermenting.
Yeah, I believe Fermenting now draws an age 2 card for every colour you have on board with a leaf, rather than a [2] for every 2 leaf icons on your board. Basically the same nerf was given to Industrialization, where you tuck based on your number of colours with a factory rather than for every two factory icons.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile

That seems like an ok Nerf.  But echoes is a really great mostly-well-designed expansion and it's age threw leaf blue card needs a Nerf even more.  I haven't played in so long.. can't remember the name

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile

I haven't played in so long.. can't remember the name

Almanac. Yeah, it can get quite nasty.

Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile

Almanac was nerfed as well. (The card from the higher age is now scored instead of foreshadowed, so you can't chain up ages anymore.)

I recently tried playing a game of Innovation with all 4 expansions, but e quit after a while because it was to complicated. Will probably try again with a slower approach soon.

I think for my own collection I'm content with echoes + Figures (patched to 3rd edition rules)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile

I recently tried playing a game of Innovation with all 4 expansions, but e quit after a while because it was to complicated. Will probably try again with a slower approach soon.

This is definitely on my list of things to try, if I can get people to actually be interested.  Main problem is that you really have to play the expansions individually to understand them all...
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.