Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Cards from Dominion and Intrigue 1st edition  (Read 4747 times)

TP

• Herbalist
  • Shuffle iT Username: domin8
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Cards from Dominion and Intrigue 1st edition
« on: August 19, 2018, 12:21:50 pm »

I have the 2nd edition of both the base game and Intrigue. I understand that each of these have about 6 cards that were not in the 1st editions.  Is there anyway to purchase the original 6 cards in each set without having to purchase the entire 1st edition?

Thanks

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25672
    • View Profile
Re: Cards from Dominion and Intrigue 1st edition
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 02:13:30 pm »
+4

I have the 2nd edition of both the base game and Intrigue. I understand that each of these have about 6 cards that were not in the 1st editions.  Is there anyway to purchase the original 6 cards in each set without having to purchase the entire 1st edition?
No, but the good news is, those cards left because they were bad - either weak, or just not adding much to the game. Maybe some people out there have fond memories of Coppersmith, but really, you aren't missing anything.

TP

• Herbalist
  • Shuffle iT Username: domin8
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 06:16:10 pm »

Thank you for the response Donald.  Much appreciated.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 09:09:47 am »

Some of the cards that arguably added a bit to the game (Thief was considered one of the pillars of Dominion) but were bad were re-implemented (said Thief by Noble Brigand and Bandit, Spy by Zombie Spy, Saboteur by the Knights and Giant, Secret Chamber by Vault, Great Hall by Mill), so the general ideas were not lost.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
  • Respect: +301
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 11:52:02 pm »
+2

Maybe some people out there have fond memories of Coppersmith, but really, you aren't missing anything.

I'm missing Coppersmith.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 10:18:22 am »
+4

Maybe some people out there have fond memories of Coppersmith, but really, you aren't missing anything.

I'm missing Coppersmith.

I recommend Bank.

buckets

• Scout
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 11:17:14 pm »

Thanks
I just bought a 1st edition of Base and Intrigue on ebay. They were around the cost of an expansion, and having the extra base cards nice.

That being said, the removed cards kinda suck so no reason to get them outside of collectorism.

Oyvind

• Golem
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 03:21:10 am »

Thanks
I just bought a 1st edition of Base and Intrigue on ebay. They were around the cost of an expansion, and having the extra base cards nice.

That being said, the removed cards kinda suck so no reason to get them outside of collectorism.

But that probably goes for a lot of people. Especially amongst us here.

I've got them in my pure Norwegian set, but probably just because 2nd edition isn't released in Norwegian.

I'm glad I have them, though, being a notorious completist...

greybirdofprey

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 03:35:57 pm »
+1

Thanks

I've got them in my pure Norwegian set, but probably just because 2nd edition isn't released in Norwegian.

Formula Dé HHHNNNNGGG

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 08:36:58 am »

Thanks

Formula Dé HHHNNNNGGG

I've got most of the tracks there as well. Not those from the Ludodélire days, but everything from both the Descartes days (Formula Dé) and from the Asmodée days (Formula D). 35 tracks for Formula Dé and 14 for Formula D. 49 tracks… Anyone has the really old ones? I'd love to have them!

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 08:47:27 am »

Thanks

Formula Dé HHHNNNNGGG

I've got most of the tracks there as well. Not those from the Ludodélire days, but everything from both the Descartes days (Formula Dé) and from the Asmodée days (Formula D). 35 tracks for Formula Dé and 14 for Formula D. 49 tracks… Anyone has the really old ones? I'd love to have them!

Well, the only Circuit I really want is this one, but in it's original form: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:FD-L-WC_Mexique.jpg.

All the others are included in the Descartes series.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 10:27:02 pm »

Just played a random game IRL where Throne Room and Feast showed up, and we wanted lots of $5s (Labs and Haunted Woods). Amulet, Remodel and Treasure Trove were there too. Fun game.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.308 seconds with 21 queries.