Awaclus
- 2 (15.4%)
McMcsalot
- 5 (38.5%)
pingpongsam lol
- 6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 123308 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Day Five!)
« Reply #975 on: September 11, 2018, 11:59:53 am »

I really don't think you're right, Galz. Mcmc DID mostly single-handedly push Gkrieg - it was excellent scumhunting. Also, from my perspective it's not that you're the scummiest, it's that you've been exonerated the least (besides Joseph). Although Robz has not kept his hands perfectly clean this game, there are some things about his game or about scum's game that would have to be REAL WEIRD for him to be scum. It's not impossible, but we're in the PoE stage of the game - I don't think it's reason to be terribly upset, especially considering that we have one more lynch, which could and hopefully will win town the game.

I'm not upset, oer se. It's more along the lines of:

Mcmc says I've been a jerk to him the last few games, and there's probably some truth there - but it's because it's frustrating to have a player who does nothing to better his ability to form reads when those reads are again and again and again wrong. I ALWAYS read faust scummy - but I've worked very hard at being able to separate my personal bias and what's actually scum!faust vs town!faust, and I've become very good at overcoming my desire to scum!read him in every game. I read Robz as scummy almost every game - and more, he's a player that I hate losing to when he's scum - but I know when it's time to set my bias aside and stop pursuing him and when it's not. Mcmc simply refuses to see town in anything I do, ever.

I still hope that we'll win. But we also had this pretty much locked up today. We no longer do.

To be clear - I'm only talking about his ability to read me, not others. He's good at reading some other players.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 11, 2018, 12:01:51 pm »

I really don't think you're right, Galz. Mcmc DID mostly single-handedly push Gkrieg - it was excellent scumhunting. Also, from my perspective it's not that you're the scummiest, it's that you've been exonerated the least (besides Joseph). Although Robz has not kept his hands perfectly clean this game, there are some things about his game or about scum's game that would have to be REAL WEIRD for him to be scum. It's not impossible, but we're in the PoE stage of the game - I don't think it's reason to be terribly upset, especially considering that we have one more lynch, which could and hopefully will win town the game.

Mcmc says I've been a jerk to him the last few games, and there's probably some truth there - but it's because it's frustrating to have a player who does nothing to better his ability to form reads when those reads are again and again and again wrong. I ALWAYS read faust scummy - but I've worked very hard at being able to separate my personal bias and what's actually scum!faust vs town!faust, and I've become very good at overcoming my desire to scum!read him in every game. I read Robz as scummy almost every game - and more, he's a player that I hate losing to when he's scum - but I know when it's time to set my bias aside and stop pursuing him and when it's not. Mcmc simply refuses to see town in anything I do, ever.

I still hope that we'll win. But we also had this pretty much locked up today. We no longer do.

I think asking mcmc to "better his reads" is pretty unfair, he consistently catches scum earlier than most other players. Maybe he reads you poorly. I don't see how you can be so cross that you're the lynch here, when you sort of concede there's not a great case to make on me here, and you yourself think Dsell is super duper townie (something I don't totally agree with!).
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 11, 2018, 12:02:39 pm »

Galz if you really think it's Robz you shouldn't just lay down and die. But if it's Joseph, like I think it is, we're still looking at a town victory here.

This is true. I do think it's Joseph over Robz, which is all I'm holding onto at this point.

Even if I had voted him instead of myself today, and even if you had joined me, Robz would've voted me over Joseph as any alignment, because it sets up the Joseph lynch over himself tomorrow - same goes for me pushing Robz and Joseph casting the deciding vote.

But I'm not trying to "set up the Joseph lynch over myself tomorrow"! I'm trying to figure out who's scum, and I'm the least convinced it's Joseph over Dsell of anyone.

That's not my point. My point is that:

In a world where the vote was:
Me (2): Mcmc, Joseph
Joseph (2): Galz, Dsell

You would always vote me here, because you know that tomorrow Dsell wants to vote Joseph over you - if you lynch Joseph, Dsell's next in line is you -> which if you're town or scum is bad.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 11, 2018, 12:05:13 pm »

I think asking mcmc to "better his reads" is pretty unfair, he consistently catches scum earlier than most other players. Maybe he reads you poorly. I don't see how you can be so cross that you're the lynch here, when you sort of concede there's not a great case to make on me here, and you yourself think Dsell is super duper townie (something I don't totally agree with!).

See the PPE.

Also, again, not cross. Frustrated that without Mcmc here, the game was a lock - but due to his presence, we're at a stage of hoping that Dsell & I were right about Joseph.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 11, 2018, 12:07:06 pm »

See the PPE.

Also, again, not cross. Frustrated that without Mcmc here, the game was a lock - but due to his presence, we're at a stage of hoping that Dsell & I were right about Joseph.

It's not frustrating here, in this game, to be mislynched today. It's frustrating to come into the day - or any day similar - and KNOW that you're going to get mislynched and there's nothing you can do.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 11, 2018, 12:07:21 pm »

Galz if you really think it's Robz you shouldn't just lay down and die. But if it's Joseph, like I think it is, we're still looking at a town victory here.

This is true. I do think it's Joseph over Robz, which is all I'm holding onto at this point.

Even if I had voted him instead of myself today, and even if you had joined me, Robz would've voted me over Joseph as any alignment, because it sets up the Joseph lynch over himself tomorrow - same goes for me pushing Robz and Joseph casting the deciding vote.

But I'm not trying to "set up the Joseph lynch over myself tomorrow"! I'm trying to figure out who's scum, and I'm the least convinced it's Joseph over Dsell of anyone.

You would always vote me here, because you know that tomorrow Dsell wants to vote Joseph over you - if you lynch Joseph, Dsell's next in line is you -> which if you're town or scum is bad.

I was more likely to vote for you in this situation, yes, because I thought you were scum, not because it protects me tomorrow--being protected tomorrow doesn't help if we still lynch wrong.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 11, 2018, 12:09:21 pm »

Really the only way mcmc's contributions meaningfully ruined this game is if I am scum, which I know is not the case, so.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 11, 2018, 12:10:15 pm »

I was more likely to vote for you in this situation, yes, because I thought you were scum, not because it protects me tomorrow--being protected tomorrow doesn't help if we still lynch wrong.

Being protected tomorrow, if you're town, is extremely valuable actually. It is moreso if you're scum.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 11, 2018, 12:12:09 pm »

Really the only way mcmc's contributions meaningfully ruined this game is if I am scum, which I know is not the case, so.

Which we will see for sure in time.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 11, 2018, 12:14:07 pm »

I wish I hadn't voted for you. Why did you self-vote? Self-voting is bad!

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 11, 2018, 12:16:50 pm »

I think some of the confusion may be your understanding of my scum read in you galz. What my confidence is for this game is that robz and dsell are both town. I cannot see a world where scum!gkrieg plays the way he did toward scum!robz and I cannot we a world where scum!dsell plays the way he did toward scum!2.7.

The case for you being scum is marginally better than the case on Joseph being scum because of the way your wagon on day to was pushed by two confirmed town players, deflected by two scum players, and your absence from helping during that primary reads generating period of the game.
Joseph on the other hand has far less posts than any of the remaining players and has provided extremely lackluster analysis through the game as well as pushed poor wagons during day 2.

I will not be surprised by you flipping town and Joseph flipping scum. I will be shocked impressed if robz or dsell are scum.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 11, 2018, 12:20:07 pm »

I wish I hadn't voted for you. Why did you self-vote? Self-voting is bad!

Because it didn't matter at that point. My choices were to vote you or Joseph (obviously favored Joseph here).

If I had vote for Joseph, he would've voted me (and had a solid argument that I was scum scrambling to lynch the "most scum read person in the game" after the IC had sealed my fate). Even if I could've convinced Dsell to vote Joseph with me (and that's questionable) - you would've voted me over Joseph here.

If I had voted you, you would've used the same argument as Joseph and voted me. Dsell never would've gone against the IC to vote you over me today, and if Joseph is scum he had the easy out already set up.

Mafia Record:

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 11, 2018, 12:27:24 pm »

Glad you realize instead of replying to my post where I vote the reasons I want to lynch you and Joseph with an analytical response that I might have listened to you just replied by self voting and resigning to saying I’ll never read you correctly. I’m sorry if you feel that way I’ll have to go back and do some research but you didn’t do much to try to convince me otherwise.

I did read your vote count analysis post. It was very biased because you viewed all the wagons as though you are 100% town which I understand you know that but the rest of us don’t and when it comes to strickt wagon analysis taking yourself out isn’t a very convincing argument. I don’t see where you’ve explained why robz is scum at all. And I agree with you that Joseph is very possibly scum.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 11, 2018, 12:29:03 pm »

I think some of the confusion may be your understanding of my scum read in you galz. What my confidence is for this game is that robz and dsell are both town. I cannot see a world where scum!gkrieg plays the way he did toward scum!robz and I cannot we a world where scum!dsell plays the way he did toward scum!2.7.

The case for you being scum is marginally better than the case on Joseph being scum because of the way your wagon on day to was pushed by two confirmed town players, deflected by two scum players, and your absence from helping during that primary reads generating period of the game.
Joseph on the other hand has far less posts than any of the remaining players and has provided extremely lackluster analysis through the game as well as pushed poor wagons during day 2.

I will not be surprised by you flipping town and Joseph flipping scum. I will be shocked impressed if robz or dsell are scum.

The thing is, I disagree with the take away from Gkrieg D2 - whom I felt was pushing Dsell/Me for a large part of the day, but you're reading to exonerate Robz.

The rest I more or less agree with. Which is why I had decided to hang the game on Dsell being town. I just don't see the strong Robz being town case that you do. Not arguing he isn't - I think Joseph is the last scum - just that if it's NOT Joseph, I think that Robz was clearly the last best choice. Now, given, I know my alignment is town and you don't - I could see deliberating between the two of us - that's why your reads are the least valuable here at this stage - but I just don't see a world in which you should be shocked for Robz to be scum.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 11, 2018, 12:37:58 pm »

Glad you realize instead of replying to my post where I vote the reasons I want to lynch you and Joseph with an analytical response that I might have listened to you just replied by self voting and resigning to saying I’ll never read you correctly. I’m sorry if you feel that way I’ll have to go back and do some research but you didn’t do much to try to convince me otherwise.

I did read your vote count analysis post. It was very biased because you viewed all the wagons as though you are 100% town which I understand you know that but the rest of us don’t and when it comes to strickt wagon analysis taking yourself out isn’t a very convincing argument. I don’t see where you’ve explained why robz is scum at all. And I agree with you that Joseph is very possibly scum.

I didn't try to explain that I thought Robz could be scum. Joseph was my primary for today. More reads than that (town or scum) would've been anti-town. I've already said this. It informs scum on who they want to take with them to the final 3, and how they want to tailor their arguments. For someone, like Robz, so enamoured with Survivor I would expect this concept to be familiar to you.  :P

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: September 11, 2018, 12:39:24 pm »

I didn't try to explain that I thought Robz could be scum. Joseph was my primary for today. More reads than that (town or scum) would've been anti-town. I've already said this. It informs scum on who they want to take with them to the final 3, and how they want to tailor their arguments. For someone, like Robz, so enamoured with Survivor I would expect this concept to be familiar to you.  :P

And by "who they want to take with them", I'm not talking NK's, I'm talking reads for today and today's lynch.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 11, 2018, 12:40:04 pm »

There's so much WIFOM in that choice, though, that I don't think it's super duper important to avoid revealing too much to scum.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 11, 2018, 12:41:26 pm »

You had no reason not to build this argument when you were L-1 though. I hadn't voted for you because I wanted to give you one more shot to make this case. You didn't.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 11, 2018, 12:42:12 pm »

You had no reason not to build this argument when you were L-1 though. I hadn't voted for you because I wanted to give you one more shot to make this case. You didn't.

I had already said as much!

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 11, 2018, 12:42:41 pm »

Honestly, it feels like a craphoot here - the remaining scum has played well in keeping their distance, and the same can be said for e & Gkrieg.

I'm a little unhappy that people have placed their full reads on the table today, because I think it helps scum tailor their lynch order preference - and tells them who/how they want to play to tomorrow.

That said, since it's out there, a summary of lynch preference orders as has been stated:

Joseph: Robz -> Galz -> Dsell
Galz: Joseph -> _____ -> _____
Dsell: Joseph -> Robz -> Galz
Robz: Hasn't settled on any preference. Wants mcmc to decide for him (maybe that's a little harsh, but c'mon man. I know the choices aren't easy - but come to your own conclusions. You gotta do better than "I have no clue, it could be any of the three.")

Mafia Record:

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 11, 2018, 12:48:34 pm »

Oh I totally understand this. Though unlike survivors at least 3 of you are on my team and we can decide which 2 people we don’t want in the final as a group. I agree normally I don’t like revealing multiple reads and it’s also the reason why I didn’t come out right away and say what I was thinking. (Not hat my reads are vastly more important but the scum is much more likely to want to sheep me if I give reads before them). So I guess I agree with you that Joseph is possibly scum, we disagree on the gkrieg/robz/you scenario which I wish we could have discussed before you were lynched. And I’m think we both think dsell is town.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 11, 2018, 12:49:06 pm »

If robz and dsell don’t lynch Joseph tommorow there will be scoldings to be had

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 11, 2018, 12:51:53 pm »

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: September 11, 2018, 01:06:22 pm »

Sure, sure, but I really will be absolving myself of all blame if this turns out wrong.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: September 11, 2018, 01:10:12 pm »

Sure, sure, but I really will be absolving myself of all blame if this turns out wrong.

That's fine. If it makes you feel better, even Joseph thinks he's town:

Joseph: Robz -> Galz -> Dsell
Galz: Joseph -> Robz -> Dsell
Dsell: Joseph -> Robz -> Galz
Robz: Galz ->
Mcmc: Galz -> Joseph -> Dsell

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 23 queries.