Awaclus
- 2 (15.4%)
McMcsalot
- 5 (38.5%)
pingpongsam lol
- 6 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44  All

Author Topic: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 123423 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Day Two!)
« Reply #800 on: September 04, 2018, 04:31:54 pm »

Fine.

Vote: E
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 04, 2018, 05:11:05 pm »

We haven't had a VC today, but I believe that is 4 votes (Dsell, LL, Me, Robz) unless I missed one.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 04, 2018, 05:15:34 pm »

Yeah, after doing some rereading I definitely just think random is better. There's a chance it's not amazingly useful, but I think putting plans out there allows mafia to have some control over the game, which I am uncomfortable with. I don't think we can plan this out with any kind of certainty anyway, nor do I think we need to for town to win.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 04, 2018, 05:15:45 pm »

please no one hammer for like an 30 minutes so I can read back the day.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 04, 2018, 05:22:53 pm »

Going to bed now, intent to hammer when I wake up (so that gives DatSwan 8ish hours to read back)
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 04, 2018, 05:27:22 pm »

E has really rolled over here, so I'm betting he is scum.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 04, 2018, 05:42:40 pm »

man... i just don't get why E! would take this route. I can't come up with like a single helpful reason for Skum!E to claim results on LL or me....

What is the plan there? They have to know it looks skummy af so there would have to be an inherent upside to it down the road right?
He could of claimed results on any of the VTs... even if we lynch them, the next day he could still play the framing card. Not to mention his "assigned target" was Robz...

He just messed up? That is pretty much what I am left with.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 04, 2018, 05:44:52 pm »

@ LaLight

I am going to RNG dice the VT pool (minus MCMC) and cop my highest result.
I think you should pretty much do the same.
real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 04, 2018, 05:55:09 pm »

man... i just don't get why E! would take this route. I can't come up with like a single helpful reason for Skum!E to claim results on LL or me....

What is the plan there? They have to know it looks skummy af so there would have to be an inherent upside to it down the road right?
He could of claimed results on any of the VTs... even if we lynch them, the next day he could still play the framing card. Not to mention his "assigned target" was Robz...

The play is simply to try and get town!you lynched, yeah? I mean, why does scum!LL choose to frame you? On the off chance that town!e decides to cop you?

Maybe that was the play. Maybe scum double framed the two town cops today to set up exactly this situation. Knowing there is Mafia within the 3 claimed cops, it's somewhat reasonable to suspect one of the town cops would search within the cops - double framing guarantees a scum result.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 04, 2018, 06:00:31 pm »

The play is simply to try and get town!you lynched, yeah? I mean, why does scum!LL choose to frame you? On the off chance that town!e decides to cop you?

Maybe that was the play. Maybe scum double framed the two town cops today to set up exactly this situation. Knowing there is Mafia within the 3 claimed cops, it's somewhat reasonable to suspect one of the town cops would search within the cops - double framing guarantees a scum result.

Yeah I guess? So, I guess that is a narrative for Town!E. Oh jesus now I am messing with myself. Because if that was the set up then LL is DEF going to claim results on my target knowing it will 1) check out, and 2) not create an additional IC.

I am not trying to drag it out guys... I just wanna think it through for a sec.

real good. That’s how

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: September 04, 2018, 06:02:24 pm »

unvote

Ugh

I'll revote if directed to by Mcmc.

e, if you're town, don't just let this be thing:
E has really rolled over here, so I'm betting he is scum.

I want to view a narrative for scum!Swan, which I think less likely, and for scum!LL whom, with his scummate, double framed cops last night.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: September 04, 2018, 06:04:35 pm »

Yeah I guess? So, I guess that is a narrative for Town!E. Oh jesus now I am messing with myself. Because if that was the set up then LL is DEF going to claim results on my target knowing it will 1) check out, and 2) not create an additional IC.

That may be key. Why did LL change to target your assigned target? Laziness?

Mafia Record:

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: September 04, 2018, 06:07:35 pm »

oh god you're really messing with yourselves. I did not change the target. After day ended I didn't read anything except the flip. I saw gkrieg was scum and I was salty about it. I came to my qt and decided to cop anyone who comes to my mind, that was mcmc. After that at some point i reread and saw Awaclus' plan. I tried to change the target but "night action window" closed already. That's how it was, please
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: September 04, 2018, 06:20:43 pm »

Well now you're calling to mine floundering Serial KIller LL from Lost Mafia!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: September 04, 2018, 06:20:49 pm »

mind*

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: September 04, 2018, 06:39:49 pm »

wait what? I mean skum!LL would of "chose" MCMC for obv reasons and current!LL already stated it to be a mistake - so either skum play or mistake.

real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: September 04, 2018, 06:46:14 pm »

also Galz - if we lynch E! and are wrong... it goes...

Current 7-2 (2 cops, IC-MCMC)

Tomorrow 5-2 (1 cop)
***This is because if we fuck up and leave it at 1 actual cop and 1 fake cop, skum will probably not kill the final cop. It creates the uncertainty of the results along with not outing their team mate***

Hoping we get it right tomorrow, we go to night at 5-1. Skum kills the last cop. We wake up to either  VT/1Skum or VT/1IC/1Skum.

So that is starting Day 5 at 4-1. From there it is guesswork or whatever, but even at that point we have a second chance.

I wanna make sure that we think everything through. But we need to be sure to advantage of the fact that we nailed GK yesterday.. in the sense that we should talk about theories... but lynch the most likely candidate.
real good. That’s how

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: September 04, 2018, 06:53:56 pm »

"Rolled over" is a bit extreme. I haven't been active the laser couple days because life. I will try to put some additional analysis in tonight and post some things. I am not entirely certain which of LaLight/Datswan would claim cop I  their position and that is what I will explore unless you have something else you want me to look at.

I can try to defend my night actions if you want, but don't really see the point.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: September 04, 2018, 06:55:13 pm »

i would like.
real good. That’s how

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M118: Pacific Northwest Mafia (Day One!)
« Reply #819 on: September 04, 2018, 07:21:24 pm »

Mount Hood

Vote count 3.2

2.71828... (3): Dsell, Lalight, Robz888

not voting (5): 2.71828..., McMcsalot, Joseph2302, Hydrad, DatSwan

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends, Monday, September 10, 2018, 11:00:00 am
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 09:09:00 pm by iguanaiguana »
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: September 04, 2018, 07:26:29 pm »

i think your count is wrong

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: September 04, 2018, 07:30:56 pm »

Alright, let's look at this from both of the other perspectives: Scum!LL & Scum!Swan. It's important to note that in all cases, Gkrieg knows who the scum team is.

Gkrieg's first post of the game could definitely be an attempt to tip scum!LL to his identity. I would've taken pretty much whomever he named first as a likely partner - the fact that he fake voted is definitely a mark against LL:
boat: LaLight

Obviously scummy scummy scummy for the information he provided.

After just a handful (3) posts back and forth with faust about the plan, Gkrieg then proclaims LL to be town, along with Joseph - who is town because Gkrieg wants to lynch him. This isn't anything really, but as Gkrieg had 6 total posts D1, it's notable as these remain the only two players he called out with any real reads:
BTW, this is town LaLight.

I also want to lynch Joseph real bad, so probably town there too.

Starting D2, Gkrieg opens by voting e for having quick-hammered PPS the day before. This is before e had claimed Cop, and while it could be Gkrieg trying to get on wagon early of a partner that he believes is going to pick up easy heat... it just doesn't feel like it - on the other hand, in the very next game post he votes for Dsell - so like D1, this could be a play at trying to hint to partners e/Dsell about his identity.

Next item of information is Gkrieg's claim: If Datswan is his partner, Gkrieg had the opportunity to fake claim first - but this is only true for Datswan, as they were the last two in line. If e or LaLight are Gkrieg's partner, then he already knew that mafia had fake claimed, thus making his claim of VT easy. He also knew that Datswan was likely a cop (having 1 fake claim and 1 real claim made thusfar), but he did not know if Datswan was the Insane or Sane cop at this time.

Gkrieg then spends most of the early-mid part of D2 trying to get Dsell/Me lynched for "coaching the traitor", which in the case is himself, and in this case literally nothing we said is applicable to the situation as the traitor wasn't a claimed cop. In post #462, he makes note that he thinks scum messed up by claiming the way they did because "they can't kill the cops because that will PoE them." - this seems especially applicable if one of e/LL is Mafia as their claiming prevented him from doing so in any way - if Datswan was his partner, he would've had control over the claiming as he would've gone before Swan.

In #525 Gkrieg says that e had the towniest cop claim, with LL being a very close second - this also does not lend support to Datswan being his partner.

#542 is pretty clearly telegraphing "Yo, scum buddies, I know what you did here because I'm the traitor" - but he didn't call out anyone by name.

In #594 he called out e's vote specifically on him with "This is a bad vote." - this does give marks towards e being his partner, and not LL/Datswan.

And that's pretty much all I'm seeing from Gkrieg.

Points for Scum!LL: 1st post call-out
Points for Scum!e: Much of his D2 seemed to center around finding e the towniest of the claims - but LL was close. The call-out on specifically e's vote on him being bad seemed partner-y.
Points for Scum!Swan: Really, there isn't much here. He didn't acknowledge Datswan at all D1, which could be a partner tell? And he found him by far the scummiest of the cop claims... but honestly, I just don't see a Gkrieg -> Datswan connection.

----------------------------------------

Honestly, I don't feel like doing a reread on LaLight. While I've personally found him to be the scummiest of the three cops by a fair bit thusfar - It's definitely just my gut feel towards him. I could put together a case, but it wouldn't be the best thing ever. He's posted a LOT, and rereading him and breaking down an actual case would take, like, real effort. So instead, I'll simply as that you indulge the theory below, let me know what ya'll think the likelihood of it being accurate is, and then we can proceed to lynch e, who is probably at worst, equally as likely to be scum as LL:

The theory is pretty straight forward: scum!LL + partner decided last night to double-frame the two town cops on the expectation that it was fairly likely one of town!e/town!Datswan decided to investigate a cop instead of their given VT targets. They knew there was Mafia in the cops, and that player couldn't give a false result in the way the Traitor could've - and the last thing scum wanted was to set up any potential for IC!Cops, as that simply reduced the lynch-pool today. In this theory, LL chose to claim a result on Mcmc, Datswan's designated target, on the idea that Datswan would've targeted either Mcmc (and thus would keep the potential for VT IC's to a minimum), or a Cop - which we've already covered  would come back as a scum result.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: September 04, 2018, 07:32:40 pm »

This is correct. I unvoted. See? unvote

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: September 04, 2018, 07:37:25 pm »

Also, and to be fair to LL, scum! + partner could've had the same play to double frame the cops, and then scum!e took the even safer route of claiming a known framed player as scum, rather than even offer up Mcmc as a IC!VT.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: September 04, 2018, 07:37:37 pm »

Also, and to be fair to LL, scum!e + partner could've had the same play to double frame the cops, and then scum!e took the even safer route of claiming a known framed player as scum, rather than even offer up Mcmc as a IC!VT.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 44  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 23 queries.